Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you enjoy Gaming Streams?

Default Do you enjoy Gaming Streams?

So I decided, as my introduction to the misc forums, to open a thread in which I ask you gentlemen about something that's been rising in popularity this last year.

Streaming

The question I'm asking you is, do you guys enjoy streaming? And if yes, which kinds of streams do you enjoy?

Feel free to post links to the streamers you enjoy below, if SPPf policy allows us to do so. And if you yourself are a streamer, feel free to tell us about your expreriences as a streamer and such.
    The Dream Team
    SPP-WiFi/SPP (%) { Nightmare-kid / Xerneas / Yu / Noctis }

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare-kid View Post
    gentlemen
    wot

Also I like Vinny he is the best person in the world. All of his streams are enjoyable because his voice is amazing. He's also hilarious.

Moot is also an excellent streamer, especially when he does Mario 64 Chaos Edition and gets the choir of beautiful Mario noises.
    Last edited by Kirby; 30th December 2014 at 12:01 AM.
    I have a Tumblr! Come check it out or something.

I go on Twitch daily. I love watching speedruns of all sorts of games, and a few other casual streamers, namely Jflynn and GiantWaffle. I would actually really like to start streaming and speedrunning, but I don't have the equipment nor the time to right now.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Recent Shiny:

Current Hunt: Regice

I've never watched a stream before but the game I play has a spectator mode and I watch games that way. So I would probably like gaming streams.

I like watching people play video games if they're at my house or something, but steaming them is just boring for me. Plus, I just find most people unfunny and their commentaries to be more annoying than entertaining.

I don't usually watch gaming streams, but if I find clips from people's streams on YouTube, I'll watch them. I like to watch speed runs.

I watch Scykoh and MaseaAnela if they're streaming sometimes,but I don't bother other times.I also watch some Runaway Guys streams when they have them.

I usually only watch parts of streams if I'm considering buying a game and want to see what the gameplay is like, or occasionaly if I'm bored and feel like watching some minecraft stuff. Otherwise I usually avoid them, since I don't find it that interesting to watch and it's hard to find a streamer who's commentary/voice isn't annoying.

I only watch uploaded fragments on Youtube, usually highlights or something. I'm not really interested in watching someone play for hours without knowing when the good stuff is going to happen. I just get distracted and go do other stuff instead.

I love gaming streams lol. The only person I've really watched properly is KSIOlajideBT. I usually love most of his videos. I watched his rise to fame (':

I watch Antastic on You Tube mostly because he's entertaining and British so his voice is nice to my Canadian ears.
    Friend Code: 1564-3276-9539, Ground safari Phanpy, Nincada, Diggersby
    Name: Ani-Mei, X name Theia, Y name Virgil
    AS name Yuna, OR name Tidus

I mostly watch Ray Narveaz streams, but that's mostly because I love the Achievement Hunters. But Rays Fibbage stream was the best. Of course, he posts his streams on YouTube, so that's another reason why I like him.

LET'S WIN ANOTHER ONE /mlp/!!!

uhh no i would rather actually play a game

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

I don't usually watch people stream but there are a few who have a great voice for commentary that I enjoy watching. Smooth McGroove is one but he just has an amazing voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Also I like Vinny he is the best person in the world. All of his streams are enjoyable because his voice is amazing. He's also hilarious.
    Also this.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon

Used to watch livestreams of games, but when you have annoying and loud "xx HAS SUBSCRIBED!!" messages, and these streamers saying things like "I totally care about you guys", I stopped watching altogether.

Of course, I still watch a lot of other streams, such as Netflix and Hulu streaming, news streams, and E3 streams.
    Last edited by Void Ventus; 21st January 2015 at 8:22 AM.

ドラゴンクエストヒーローズ闇竜と世界樹の城
    Dragon Quest Heroes:
    Dragon of Darkness and Castle of the World Tree

only twitch plays pokemon I enjoy the randomness of it

The amount of folks on the internet who happen to:
    a. stream; and, more importantly,
    b. meet my standards for what constitutes "good" performing abilities (humorous banter, a pleasant voice, etc.)

are extremely few. If there were more who did, I'd enjoy gaming streams more.

No, But I did find Markiper's streams on Five night's at freddys fun and enjoyable.

Gone for a long while see you in June!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Wind View Post
    I usually only watch parts of streams if I'm considering buying a game and want to see what the gameplay is like, or occasionaly if I'm bored and feel like watching some minecraft stuff. Otherwise I usually avoid them, since I don't find it that interesting to watch and it's hard to find a streamer who's commentary/voice isn't annoying.
    This is what I do. It's astonishingly hard to get a good look at gameplay on Steam or in trailers sometimes.

As for the humor element... it's a mixed bag. I don't know anyone funny enough to keep me coming back, but I used to watch League of Legends streams to pick up on some tips from more experienced players. They often had good insights on how the game worked and how things were changing (or going to change), too.

Some times. It depends on the stream, some times it takes too long for it to load. I liked the recent Pokémon ones, but it can be a little tedious.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

only fightin games and maybe a speedrun or two

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

I watch very few streamers on Twitch and even then they have to be playing a game that isn't an MMO or LoL to get my attention.
    But I do watch stream every now and then.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Baking Soda I got Baking Soda

I can't stand streaming games or live plays. I know many people are amateurs, and need to start somewhere, but a bad mic and/or speaking voice can be a real turn off.

Absolutely. Typically I can't attend the Smash tournaments I want to go to, so streaming is the next best option for me. Kappa
    Once upon a time, there was a boy named Eljizkaban. Eljizkaban died. The end.

Can't say personally that I have seen many gaming streams. But if I did have some free time here and then I'd think well depending on the game of course. I think I would enjoy watching gaming streams but it would really have to depend on the game.

Signature by me|sig drawing by Latte3000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast