Fighting
    Grass
    Poison
    Susceptible to:
    Ground
    Psychic
    Abilities:
    Sticky Hold Swalot's item cannot be removed
    Liquid Ooze Leeching moves (Leech Seed, Dream Eater...etcs)
    DW! Gluttony Swalot will held berry earlier than usual (At 50% HP rather than 25%)
    Swalot...Outclassed by Muk but I prefer Swalot better

I see many other people have Swalot as a stall, and I actually use similar Stall sets over mine but I wanted to contribute

RestTalk @ Black Sludge/ Leftovers
    Nature: Calm (+ Sp. Def, - Atk), Careful (+ Sp. Def, - Sp. Atk)
    Ability: Liquid Ooze/ Sticky Hold
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Ice Beam
    - Shadow Ball/ Earthquake

EVs: 252 HP/ 144 Def/ 112 Sp. Def

For this set, Black Sludge is of course more preferable over Leftovers but the basic idea is there. The natures of course will help make Swalot more bulkier as do the EV set. The ability really doesn't matter that much, in this case the DW ability won't help you since of course...you don't have a berry as a held item. You can have Liquid Ooze for the chance that you will switch into a leeching move or you can have Sticky Hold if you really want you're Black Sludge. The moveset of course has Rest and Sleep Talk which are the core. Ice Beam, well I have a lot of ice moves because I have a tendency to run into a lot of dragons. And you can choose between Shadow Ball and Earthquake either will work in this set.
    That's it from me.
    {CURSED by the Random Number Goddess}

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "We do have a lot in common. The same Earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of looking at what's different...Well who knows?" -Meowth
    "It's more important to master the cards you're working with than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt." -Elite Four Grimsley

Levels and statistics are just numbers.

Swalot @ Muscle Band/Scope Lens/Choice Scarf
    Jolly/Adamant
    Sticky Hold/Liquid Ooze
    252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
    -Gunk Shot
    -EQ
    -Body Slam/Return
    -Explosion

Gunk Shot for STAB. EQ for coverage. Body Slam/Return for neutral coverage. Explosion for suicide.
    Grumpig is mine.
    Planned Ruby/Sapphire Remake Team:
    Current Sapphire Team

I do GTS Negotiations. I really like trading Eggs for Eggs. So, if you see a Trainer Card with "BIDOOF is the reason for HATE.", that is me.

I don't see why people should forget Swalot. Although I never used him, I thought he was one of the coolest poison types.
    If you want an offensive Swalot, I would say go for Special Attack, as his only good physical attacks are Gunk Shot and Earthquake. For an offesnive, I would say:
    Sludge Wave/Venoshock
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball/Wring Out
    Sludge Bomb/Toxic/Wring Out
    Sludge Wave is STAB. Ice Beam and Shadow Ball would take care of Swalot's weaknesses. Sludge Bomb is another STAB attack, but if you have Toxic instead then you can make use of Venoshock. Wring Out also works with Swalot's high HP stat, but it can really only be used once, so it's not the best choice.
    For EV's I would say, 252 HP if you are going with Wring Out, otherwise 224 HP, 128 Sp. Attack if you are going with Wring Out otherwise 156 Sp. Attack, and 128 for either Defense or Sp. Defense, or you can divide it up. Have a Modest or Quiet Nature.
    For a more defensive Swalot I would go with:
    Toxic
    Pain Split/Yawn
    Protect/Yawn
    Sludge Wave/Venoshock/Yawn
    Toxic is for poisoning. Pain Split is when your HP is low. Protect is for...protecting. Sludge Wave is for attacking, but Venoshock goes better with Toxic. Yawn is an option for sleeping but it wouldn't work as well if you are using Toxic and Venoshock, and I would prefer the other options.
    For EV's I would say 240 HP, 134 Defense and 134 Sp. Defense. Depending on which defense you want to raise more, have either Bold or Clam nature, or if you don't care about speed, you could go with either a Relaxed or Sassy nature.
    I would say the Liquid Ooze ability for both Swalot sets.
    For items I would hold a Black Sludge, or if you want, WiseGlasses in the case of the offensive Swalot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryochronic View Post
    Should I Stay or Should I Go?
    @Leftovers/Salac Berry/Air Balloon
    Ability: Stick Hold if using Air Balloon or Leftovers/Gluttony if using Salac Berry
    Nature:Timid/Bold/Calm/Modest
    EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/76 Sp Atk/88 Sp D.
    -Stockpile
    -Swallow/Explosion
    -Earthquake/Ice Beam
    -Sludge Wave

Stockpile for +1/+1 Def and Sp. D bulk.
    Swallow if you want to stay around. Explosion if you don't.
    Earthquake hits Poison and Steel types who are resistant/immune to Sludge Wave. Ice Beam is if you want to take out Dragon and Flying types.
    Sludge Wave is there as the main attacking STAB move.
    Swallow deletes all stat boost from Stockpile, just so you know. Not really suggested, most set's you'll see have nothing to do with Swallow/Spit Up.

And why Salac? It doesn't have enough speed, use the cutsap.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Doesn't Liquid Ooze injure Drain Punch users as well as Giga drain/leech seed? Add in its fighting type resistance and it can be a half-decent check to fighting types. Beware Guts abusers is all I'd say though.
    Beautifly are my Bishie!
    hands off or my Beautifly's shall take you away and have their way with you!

Swalot
    Item: black sludge
    Nature: relaxed
    EVs: 252 hp 128 def 128 sp def

Earthquake/Venoshock (do want to fight or avoid steels?)
    Stockpile
    Protect/Swallow (stall or recover)
    Toxic
    How would you like your WALL today, unbelievably tough or OH MY GOD JUST DIE!!!?

With Whimsicott and some of the other painfully annoying Subseeders, even Ferrothorn, it would be nice to have a Liquid Ooze on him so you can switch in to a subseeder. Besides the fact that he's part poison and his moves make it a fantastic counter against any Subseed.
    *** Black Friend Code: 2107-8092-4146 ***

All credit to StonE EdgE for userbar!

Badges Earned: Trickster Badge-Grey Badge-Dracea Badge
    Check out the Sora League, too!

Hmmm ok...
    Had this guy in my original sapphire team.... it was a real surprise when my Gulpin evolved... I was a noob then...

Stallot.
    Item: Blacksludge
    Nature: Sassy/ Relaxed
    Ability: Liquid Ooze
    Moves:
    Stockpile
    Swallow
    Substitute
    Sludge Bomb or wave/ Gunk Shot
    This is a pretty foolproof set, i say that, it's ok. Substitute is great for this guy due to 101 subs with a maxed out health stat, the stockpile for your defences etc Swallow when your Hp gets low and Sludge Bomb/Gunk shot to stop you being taunt bait
    Invest IVs in health, then both defences evenly.

There is scope for a choice band/specs set...

[B]Swalotband
    [/B
    ]
    Ability: Sticky Hold/ Liquid Ooze
    Nature: Timid/ Adamant
    Item: Choice Band
    Moves:
    Explosion/Return
    Gunk Shot
    Earthquake
    Ice Punch/Seed Bomb

Not an amazing attack, but useable in the lower tiers, with the choice band boost he gets a respectable 404 attack, which is ok.
    Explosion for a one hit death kinda thing, or Return if you expect to be staying alive for a bit.
    Gunk Shot is the only physical STAB move that he can get
    Earthquake deals with those pesky steels and other poisons.
    Ice punch and seed bomb are both moves that he can only get from 4th gen, so you have to reeaaallyy want this set :L
    timid if you want some speed, or adamant if you want top end attack.
    Invest IV's in Attack and then Hp (his only decent stat) and then speed.

Specs-swalot
    Ability: Sticky Hold/ Liquid Ooze
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    Item: Choise Scarf
    Moves:
    Sludge Bomb or wave
    Wring Out
    Ice Beam
    Shockwave/ Water Pulse/ Shadow Ball

Basically the same as the physical one, same idea at least, except no explosion.
    Sludge Bomb is your STAB
    Wring Out is a nice move to use with "new" opponents
    Icebeam and Shockwave give a mock BeamBolt combo kinda thing, but you have to go back to the 4th gen to do that, if you don't want to faff around with that then use shadow ball to deal with psyshics.
    Modest if you want higher Sp Attack, Timid for high speed.
    Invest in Sp attack, then speed then Hp

The annoying Swalot
    Ability: Gluttony/Liquid Ooze/ Sticky Hold
    Nature: Timid
    Item:
    Moves:
    Stockpile
    Toxic/Destiny Bond
    Encore/Gastro Acid/ Pain Split
    Venoshock/ Sludge Bomb or wave/ Gunk Shot

Ok, so here's the deal you use stockpile to boost your defences, this is important.
    Toxic can be used if you think that the enemy is likely to switch, Destiny Bond if you have Little faith in your Swalot, haha.
    Encore is to keep them spamming a useless move like a stat booster, whilst you get your stockpiles in, Gastro Acid can be used in a variety of ways, but mainly against people who use their pokemon's abilities and such like, for instance a reuniclus in a hail/sandstom team, Pain Split is your reliable recovery move, aaand it does a nice bit of damage also.
    Venoshock should only be used in conjunction with Toxic, otherwise you decide what move you want

Counters:
    Most Ground types, or steel types should have not trouble with him, just watch out for his vast move pool, Bronzong due to it's typing and levitate etc etc.
    Mmmmm Steel types...

It seems to me, you lived your life like a Litwick in a Whirlwind, never knowing who to Klink to when the Drizzle set in, and i Sudowoodo like to know you, when I was just an Elekid , but the Litwick burned out long before the legend ever did...

Proud Member of "The Triumvirate"

Credit to Gladeshadow

Quite honestly the funniest thing that i have ever heard:
    Originally Posted by Zibdas
    I thought butter was a type until I was 6. I could've sworn there's a butter type...
    DFTBA

Swalot

Force Switch

Yawn
    Giga Drain
    Acid Spray
    Wring Out

Ev's 252:HP 252:Sp Atk 2:def 2:Sp Def Item: Black Sludge
    Nature: Modest Ability: Liquid Ooze

Yawn is your sleeping/force switch move. Wring out if they switch. Acid Spray as your stab and makes them want to switch even when they're asleep. Giga Drain for recovery and ground types.

Defensive

Curse
    Amnesia
    Earthquake/Explosion
    Gunk Shot

Evs 252:Atk 252:HP Def:4 Item:Black Sludge
    Nature: Adamant Ability: Liquid Ooze
    Amnesia and Curse to raise your Defenses. Curse also boosts your attack. Earthquakes is an awesome move. Explosions is much stronger but knocks you out. Gunk Shot is your stab move w/ a nice chance to poison. Watch out for Skarmory!!!

Counters: Skarmory, Forretress, Escvlier, and Durant are great. Most steel and poison types are good if they watch out for earthquake. Psychic types are good if they're faster. Pretty much anything that can hit him fast and hard w/ a super effective move.

The Amazing Slug... Thingy...
    Swalot@Black Sludge
    Nature: Relaxed/Sassy
    EVs: 252Hp/120def/120spd/16atk
    Moveset:
    - Stockpile
    - Encore
    - Toxic/Pain Split
    - EarthQuake

The gimmick is to switch in on a Subseeder using leech seed. The rest is simple. Stockpile to give you defensive capabilities, Encore to get them doing something they don't want to do, Pain Split can be used for recovery while Toxic adds extra damage each turn, and finally Earthquake for steel types.

Swalot doesn't have much going for it, being a pure poison type with bad offensive stats and decent defensive stats. It is a solid counter for most subseeders though, thanks to Liquid Ooze. That's mainly it...o3o

Credit to FrostStorm for the banner; YOU ARE MAJESTIC FROSTSTORM

3DS FC: 4940 6396 1803

"Because I am the man... who made a typo in his own name while registering..."

EVs:
    252HP/128Def/128SpD
    Ability:
    Liquid Ooze
    Nature:
    Bold (+Def, -Atk) or Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
    Item:
    Black Sludge
    Attacks:
    Stockpile
    Protect
    Toxic
    Venoshock

Toxic Stalling Set. Toxic is a set up, Protect is there to heal a bit, Stockpile allows you to live a lot longer, Venoshock has boosted power due to Toxic. Black Sludge > Leftovers since some Trickers might reconsider using Trick, as you can stall them with this set. Counters to Swalot are pretty much Psychic and Earthquake, Steel and Poison types, and that's pretty much them in a nutshell.
    Last edited by Vodka Haze; 2nd May 2011 at 12:06 AM.

Hope somebody hasn’t done this set yet. Sorry if you did.
    Swalot@Black Sludge
    EV’s: 252 HP 252 SP. Defense
    Nature: Careful

Moves:
    1. Curse
    2. Sleep Talk
    3. Rest
    4. Gunk Shot

Basic Rest-Talk set. Curse is to beef up. Rest and sleep talk are for healing. Gunk Shot is powerful. Black Sludge heals. Liquid Ooze prevents leech seed. Nature and EV’s maximize Sp. Defense.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Counters:

Air balloom Aggron stops it dead. Switch in on a poison move or earthquake, then kill with earthquake. Easy. Basically any steel type can switch in on a poison move then kill with earthquake. Also, taunters stop stockpile and rest sets.
    Last edited by Piemonster24; 2nd May 2011 at 12:14 AM.

This is so epic. Swalot is so awesome. So glad it wasn't like ninetales or something.

Swalot @Black Sludge
    Nature: Sassy/Relaxed
    EV's: HP 252/ Sp. D 252/ Sp.A 6
    - Explosion
    - Sing
    - Dream Eater
    - Stockpile

This set is for the lolz even more epic lolz if this is actually posted.

Sorry I'm late I Just ate a Munchlax
    Stockpile/Amnesia
    Swallow/Rest/Toxic
    Acid Armor
    Sludge Bomb/Earthquake/ Explosion
    Nature Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
    Item: Leftovers
    Evs: 252 HP, 128 Def and 128 SpD
    Ability Sticky Hold
    Start w/ the defensive move needed to wall the opposing pokemon. If you do it correctly it will force the switch out and you can get a defensive boost on both ends. Stockpile and swallow allow for HP restoring but Rest/Amnesia is more reiable when ur time is up Explode away or use STAB Sludge Bomb to get a final blow. Earthquake is for if you're afriad of pesky Sandstorm Steels

Counters
    anything that can learn Earthquake

Partners
    Bulky Flying types such as Skarmory or Bulky Water types like Seismtoad

perfect partner;
    Sharpedo
    Go! Espeons everywhere, and...
    Go! The Shadow Triad

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/dvkd95.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/34te8p5.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11m8hfq.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/xb0jmg.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2mdpdg3.gif[/IMG]

Credit to Dark shadows art corner for all the pics

perfect partner;
    Sharpedo
    Nope, sorry, it has to resist psychic and ground to be the best. Mabye Skarmory....

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Mandibuzz. Immune to both weaknesses. Or Hydreigon. Or Murkrow/Honchkrow.
    Ignore, thanks.

Swalot
    Black Sludge/Lefties
    Liquid Ooze
    Quiet
    (Someone can help with the EVs)
    Acid Spray
    Pain Split
    Shadow Ball
    Substitute

Set up sub. Acid Spray. Set up again. When low, use Pain Split. Shadow Ball for other coverage. Used best on a TR team.
    Originally posted by: R4GEKILL!!! No need for STAB. STAB is stupid.
    LULZ

"Yes, I will see you through the smoke and flames on the frontlines of war and I will stand my ground until the end, until we conquer them all."

Black:5286 2326 2599
    I rather adore music. I less than three it. <3

"Let's believe that if we all stand together, we're a force that could shake the whole world. For once I'm doing something right when we say, 'Woah, woah.'"

I'll battle anything as long as I've got Pokemon to put the team together.

Abilities

Sticky hold: Prevents Swalot's item to be switched with the opponents (which won't even work if one of the Pokemon isn't holding an item).
    Gluttony: An ability that can... make Swalot eat his berry earlier than usual (if he's even holding one).
    Liquid ooze: An ability that prevents and counters damage from HP-stealing moves like Giga Drain, Horn Leech, and the annoying Leech Seed. Yeah, this is cool.

The mustachioed poison type

-Gunk Shot
    -Seed Bomb / Ice Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Acid Armor / Curse
    Item attached: Choice Band
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

A poison tank? Well, it's all we got anyway. Choice band helps Swalot with his base 73 Attack stat. Gunk Shot is a whopping 120 powered physical STAB move, which is quite effective, despite having 70 accuracy. Seed Bomb and Ice Punch give him type coverage against ground. Earthquake gets rid of bulky Steel and Rock types. Acid Armor is insanely effective for preparing Swalot for ground type moves like Earthquake, considering Swalot's defense stinks. You could also use Curse to rise both defense stats, but it only raises them by one stage each.

Special Poison type

-Ice Beam
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Shadow Ball
    -Amnesia / Curse
    Item attached: Choice Specs
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 252 Hp/ 252 SAtk / 4 Sdef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

This one should be used if your worried more about Psychic types than Rock and Steel types. Choice Specs helps Swalot with his terrible Special Attack. Ice Beam covers ground types, as Sludge Bomb is a 90 power STAB move. Shadow Ball takes care of Psychic types, as Amnesia prepares him for Super-effective Special moves like Psychic. Once again, if you want to rise both defensive stats, go with Curse.

Swalot swallows Swellow

-Ice beam / Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Stock Pile
    -Spit Up / Swallow

Item Attached: Choice Specs
    EVs and Nature:
    Evs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

This is something you could use if you were a Stockpile user. Ice Beam is used against Ground types or you could use Shadow Ball against Psychic types instead. Sludge Bomb is a good STAB move, and Stock Pile is good if you want to rise your defenses and you can follow it up with Swallow to heal yourself or Spit Up to damage the opponent.
    Last edited by ringuma; 8th May 2011 at 7:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ringuma View Post
    Abilities

Sticky hold: An ability that is specifically used to prevent danger from Trick, and nothing else.... you know what I mean.

Gluttony: A terrible ability that isn't useful at all even if Swalot is holding a berry.

Liquid ooze: Prevents damage from HP-stealing moves like Giga Drain, Drain Punch, and who could forget the infamous Dream Eater? Yeah, this is cool.

The mustachioed poison type

-Gunk Shot
    -Seed Bomb/Ice Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Acid Armor
    Item attached: Choice Band
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

A poison tank? Well, it's all we got anyway. Choice band helps Swalot with his base 73 Attack stat. Gunk Shot is a whopping 120 powered physical STAB move, which is quite effective, despite having 70 accuracy. Seed Bomb and Ice Punch give him type coverage against ground. Earthquake gets rid of bulky Steel and Rock types. Acid Armor is insanely effective for ground type moves like Earthquake, especially because Swalot's Defense stinks.
    I don't think Dream Eater is affected by liquid ooze.

Gluttony will be more useful when pinch berries become available.

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

Swalot! Yay!

I see that Swally here was left ignored during Gen 4.

I see that we already have three pages worth of sets, so all I'm gonna say is this:
    Swalot has balanced stats and has incredible movepools to use Band or Specs. It has two fantastic Abilities (personally I prefer Sticky Hold on defensive sets).

Other than that, I'd say its niches include Block + Yawn, a Stockpile or Curse set while being immune to Trick AND Pain Split for healing, Acid Armour + Amnesia, Encore, and now the new Acid Spray move. I personally say I would not be ashamed to use Swalot in OU (just not Ubers, you need to have at least a x4 resist for that). I actually use a Swalot set from the games for my Koga team and it doesn't work badly (Pain Split, Stockpile, Sludge Bomb, Encore).

A Kinda Tank Swalot
    Nature:Calm
    Ability:Liquid Ooze
    Moves:
    Amnesia
    Yawn/Toxic
    Protect
    Sludge Wave

Evs:252 Sp.Def, 200 Hp, and 56 Def

Amnesia to raise Sp. Def x2. Yawn or Toxic to Stall/Switch the opponent and Protect to help these Moves. Sludge Wave is so you don't get Taunted
    Last edited by 24Teddiursas; 2nd May 2011 at 9:51 AM.
    I love Teddiursa and Chandelure

Sir Tankalot
    Item: Black Sludge
    Moves:
    -Amnesia [Level up]
    -Acid Armor [Egg Move- is also an egg move in gen iV]
    -Giga Drain [Gen IV TM]
    -Toxic [Level up]

Well, basically a tank. Amnesia and Acid Armor raises its defences to really high levels, which, combined with its high HP, will allow it to hang around for a while.
    Toxic is to deal damage, which, when combined with Black Sludge and the high defences and HP, will mean he can hang around for a while. Combine that with Giga Drain, which can also deal with ground types which are horrible for this guy to face, and you have a real tank.

Mr. Messy
    Item: Focus Sash
    Moves:
    -Gastro Acid [Level up]
    -Destiny Bond [Egg Move- Koffing/Wheezing]
    -Pain Split [Egg moves- Koffing/Wheezing
    -Sludge Bomb/Gunk Shot [Level up]

This Swalot is one that is a pain to face. It was Gastro Acid, a potential battle-winning move if used on the right Pokemon. For example, it can allow you to KO a Shedninja with any attack, and more valuable, stop Blaziken and Ninjask from being able to set up a sweeper.
    Then you have Destiny Bond. This move guarantees that whatever knocks out Swalot, who has a Focus Sash so he doesn't die before using the move. This can ruin an opponent's strategy, especially if its a boosted sweeper such as Garchomp.
    Next, Pain Split. Swalot is low on HP, and you opponent sends out a new Pokemon. This will restore Swalot's HP and make the opponent weaker straight away.
    Finally, one of two STAB attacking moves, both of which can inflict poison at a 30% chance. It juts depends on whether you prefer more power or more accuracy.

Thanks for reading.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast