Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: B/W Glitches Discussion

Default B/W Glitch Discussion Thread

Discuss any glitches you have come across in the games, or glitches such as the Sky Drop glitch, the ones listed here, and so on.

Personally, I haven't encountered any glitches yet unless you count this as a glitch.
    Last edited by Ultimate Glalie; 27th April 2011 at 9:58 PM. Reason: Added another link
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

Here's a glitch that I learned the hard way. In Triple Battles, if two or more of your Pokemon are knocked out in the same turn, and if you have more than one Pokemon in reserve, then you're stuck. Basically, you choose one Pokemon to bring out, then it would allow you to choose another, but when you do, it says *said Pokemon* cannot be switched out now. Thus, you're stuck and have no choice but to reset.
    The moral here? SAVE BEFORE YOU DO A TRIPLE BATTLE.
    If you wanna battle me, then battle with your favorite Pokemon, not ones that everyone else uses.

White FC
    Name: Hitomi
    FC: 0862 2553 1015

Currently hunting shinies!

- RE in Giant Chasm on White.
    - RE in Seafoam Islands on FireRed.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Gallade View Post
    Here's a glitch that I learned the hard way. In Triple Battles, if two or more of your Pokemon are knocked out in the same turn, and if you have more than one Pokemon in reserve, then you're stuck. Basically, you choose one Pokemon to bring out, then it would allow you to choose another, but when you do, it says *said Pokemon* cannot be switched out now. Thus, you're stuck and have no choice but to reset.
    I thought that originally but what you have to do is choose the one to send out, then the pokemon that it is replacing. Then you get to choose the second one.

Not really. It happen to me you might doing something wrong
    Friend Codes
    Pokemon Battle Revolution: 5371-8295-7401
    Pokemon Heart Gold: 1978 8054 7354
    Pokemon Soul Silver:
    Pokemon Black: 3138 5901 2562
    Pokemon White:
    Pokemon Diamond:
    Pokemon Pearl:
    Pokemon Platinum:
    Pokemon Platinum:

PM me if you want to battle and trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Glalie View Post
    I thought this thread was long overdue so I decided to make it. Discuss any glitches you may have come across in the games, or glitches such as the Sky Drop glitch, etc. and so on.

Personally, I haven't encountered any glitches yet unless you count this as a glitch.
    What's the Sky Drop glitch?
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Nope, no glitches! (And I would like it to stay that way) But I'd like to see this thread later, because glitches are pretty interesting when you're not the victim.
    I'd love to try the Sky Drop glitch, though.
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

Quote Originally Posted by boar View Post
    I thought that originally but what you have to do is choose the one to send out, then the pokemon that it is replacing. Then you get to choose the second one.
    Wait...really? Hm...they could've made that a little more obvious, honestly.

Still, that helps.
    If you wanna battle me, then battle with your favorite Pokemon, not ones that everyone else uses.

White FC
    Name: Hitomi
    FC: 0862 2553 1015

Currently hunting shinies!

- RE in Giant Chasm on White.
    - RE in Seafoam Islands on FireRed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    What's the Sky Drop glitch?
    Here's an article on it: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sky_Drop_glitch

I'll add this link to the OP.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

It happened to me but I didn't reset...I had one Pokemon left which was my Zebstrika and it wouldn't let me send him out and I clicked on my fainted Haxorus and it sent out my Zebstrika.

Another glitch is in a building I walked right on top of this old lady a few times and couldn't move until she moved.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

I don't think the verdict was ever final, but there's a decent chance that Sheer Force's ability to ignore things like Red Card, Life Orb, Shell Bell, and so on is a glitch.

both my and my girlfriend's games wouldn't let us nickname minccino ChiChi

Pearl 0303 1903 6778
    White 2966 7912 8235

Was it found in a trade?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthUr View Post
    both my and my girlfriend's games wouldn't let us nickname minccino ChiChi
    That's not a glitch. Game Freak and Nintendo did something and made it where we can't nickname our Pokemon inappropriate names. Though i do not see how Chichi would be inappropriate.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    That's not a glitch. Game Freak and Nintendo did something and made it where we can't nickname our Pokemon inappropriate names. Though i do not see how Chichi would be inappropriate.
    Chichis are breasts in Spanish.

-1st place at my Toughest Trainer Tournament
    -Friend Codes
    -White: 3954 6397 8535
    -Diamond: 2019 6150 4056

When I'm picking a move sometimes it goes to a description of the move instead of using it.

Hey guys, just curious.... is this a glitch?

When in the Celestial Tower in Route 7, after entering the 3rd floor, when you press B, every trainer moves a certain direction...I'm sure they only move towards the direction you're running from but I thought it was weird.

i noticed that too. i was like 'WTF IS THIS TRICKERY?!', but i worked around it.
    *signature does not exist. I have no clue when I'll even post again, really. :/*

I have a really weird situation on my hands.

I'm walking on Driftveil Drawbridge for the first time on Black. Everything is fine; I pick up a Clever Wing off the ground. I walking on the bridge, and I'm surprised to hear the flapping sounds, but no feathers falling to the bridge. I really want a Ducklett for my team, so I'm looking all over the place. I've doubled back on the bridge, I've exited and re-entered. I'm not using a Bike or anything...All that's left is resetting (I saved just before the bridge, luckily).

Anyone else have this odd...glitch? If it is a glitch at all?

I've yet to encounter any glitches of any sort, although there's talk on Bulbagarden that the gender ratios may have been screwed up. A lot of people are having trouble trying to get a male Scraggy, and someone reports that over half of his Pokemon turned out to have Careful natures, and he doesn't even have a Synchronize Pokemon, so it can't be that.

Actually, I think I may have found a glitch or two, both involving the GTS. It seems that former Shadow Pokemon can't be traded because of their special ribbon. The GTS wouldn't allow me to put my Mr. Mime up for trade, giving me the exact same line as if I had tried to trade off something with a Classic Ribbon. This was not the case in Generation IV, because I distinctly remember trading away my Sing+Dream Eater Froslass. Also, it won't allow me to trade my Skuntank. Nothing out of the ordinary about it, either. I bred it in Platinum, trained it myself, only ribbon is the Effort Ribbon. When I try to offer it, it says "That Pokemon may not be offered for trade!", and then gives me some five-digit number in parentheses, almost like an error code. The only possible problem I can think of is that it knows Iron Tail. But the GTS doesn't ban trades involving stuff with moves that they could only get in past generations via TM, because I traded away a Shock Wave Chimecho with no problems.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Actually, I think I may have found a glitch or two, both involving the GTS. It seems that former Shadow Pokemon can't be traded because of their special ribbon. The GTS wouldn't allow me to put my Mr. Mime up for trade, giving me the exact same line as if I had tried to trade off something with a Classic Ribbon. This was not the case in Generation IV, because I distinctly remember trading away my Sing+Dream Eater Froslass. Also, it won't allow me to trade my Skuntank. Nothing out of the ordinary about it, either. I bred it in Platinum, trained it myself, only ribbon is the Effort Ribbon. When I try to offer it, it says "That Pokemon may not be offered for trade!", and then gives me some five-digit number in parentheses, almost like an error code. The only possible problem I can think of is that it knows Iron Tail. But the GTS doesn't ban trades involving stuff with moves that they could only get in past generations via TM, because I traded away a Shock Wave Chimecho with no problems.
    ...Just in case, go check if Iron Tail bypass Wonder Guard.

Just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Clearly Bianca is the Shadow Triad

FACT: You never see her at the end
    FACT: Musharna can create illusions in a similar manner to the Triad's vanishing acts
    FACT: Musharna can create illusions of people
    FACT: You never see the Triad until after Bianca gets her Muuna
    FACT: Being the Shadow Triad would give her something to do in life

Quote Originally Posted by Monochromatic View Post
    I have a really weird situation on my hands.

I'm walking on Driftveil Drawbridge for the first time on Black. Everything is fine; I pick up a Clever Wing off the ground. I walking on the bridge, and I'm surprised to hear the flapping sounds, but no feathers falling to the bridge. I really want a Ducklett for my team, so I'm looking all over the place. I've doubled back on the bridge, I've exited and re-entered. I'm not using a Bike or anything...All that's left is resetting (I saved just before the bridge, luckily).

Anyone else have this odd...glitch? If it is a glitch at all?
    Don't worry, it's not a glitch.
    I had the same thing happen.

The problem was the "shadow" that yields either Feather or Ducklett can also appear on the black areas that follow the very edge of the bridge so it can be extremely hard to see.

Next time this happens, take a look at the bridge edges carefully.
    Also be noted that you can hear the sound before you can actually see the shadow, so you may need to move farther on the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    ...Just in case, go check if Iron Tail bypass Wonder Guard.

Just in case.
    That would have bearing on whether or not something with the move could be traded? Eh, I'll try it, though. Should be easy enough. Dual wild encounter, send out Skuntank and Shedinja, target Shedinja with Iron Tail.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    they did a poor job of it
    my girlfriend has a habit of giving pokemon she has trouble catching rude names
    we now have a ducklett named A-Fer
    not censored

Pearl 0303 1903 6778
    White 2966 7912 8235

Yeah, the new nickname filter is rather flawed. One extra letter, number, character, or even space will make a name allowable. I tried naming a Fearow the F-word, nothing. Added an "e" to the end of it, success.

And it's not just cuss words and sexual stuff either (it's odd that "chichi" isn't allowed when "boobs" is, though). You can't nickname anything "Hitler", "nazi", or "9/11". It seems that anything that could be considered offensive to anyone is blocked. Oddly, though, "racist" is allowed.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

i'm off topic
    but one thing i really can't stand is fear of words

my one and only cause is obscenity
    mostly in scrabble...

Pearl 0303 1903 6778
    White 2966 7912 8235

Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast