Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gravity Falls- Season 2

Default Gravity Falls- Season 2

If you just watched Disney Channel, you'd know that the season premiere of Gravity Falls had just aired, with many more episodes to come.

This forum is meant to discuss the new season, speculate and come with ideas of the mysteries of the show and what's going to come, and anything else related to the show that you can think of.

Just for clarity's sake, Gravity Falls season 2 will premier on Disney XD next Monday (August 8th), but it also premiered today on the regular Disney Channel
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 2nd August 2014 at 4:04 AM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

OH NO I MISSED IT?!?? Aww... Oh well, I'll just watch the Disney XD premiere on Monday.

Personally, I loved Bill Cipher(the "triangle guy") in season 1 and I'm excited to see how he's worked into season 2.
    Oh, and, of course, the MYSTERIES they'll solve! You can't have Gravity Falls without MYSTERIES!
    Last edited by EonMaster101; 5th August 2014 at 1:12 AM.
    I have claimed Glaceon!
    Current Shiny hunt:
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Y Friend Safari: Ground type- Diggersby
    If you want to see some of my art, here's the link to my gallery:
    http://colorslive.com/author?id=144214

Funny Fire Emblem Awakening moment(pic from GoggleWaddleDee): http://i.imgur.com/XhLhhsZ.jpg

Damn, that was an excellent premiere! But what exactly is Stan making? Is the Stanley theory true?

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

I watched some episodes of it. So is it about kids who defeat monsters?

Quote Originally Posted by Huhadude View Post
    I watched some episodes of it. So is it about kids who defeat monsters?
    In ways.

The two episodes were pretty good but I enjoyed the second one more.

Soos as zombie was both hilarious and terrifying
    Singing as a way to defeat zombies
    Stan is one amazing fighter who know he can take on a horde of undead on his own

I eagerly await more in this season ^^

So tonight is the premiere! I can't wait to watch it!

Claimed EmolgaAS TeamAsk.fm
    #1 Emolga Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Glaceon! View Post
    So tonight is the premiere! I can't wait to watch it!
    When is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Huhadude View Post
    When is it?
    There are 2 episodes premiering, at 9:00 and 9:30 PM. I'm so excited to see them!
    I have claimed Glaceon!
    Current Shiny hunt:
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Funny Fire Emblem Awakening moment(pic from GoggleWaddleDee): http://i.imgur.com/XhLhhsZ.jpg

I loved the episodes so much! Where do I begin with these two episodes? There's just do much to tell!

For now, I'll say this: I can't wait to see more episodes!
    Last edited by EonMaster101; 7th August 2014 at 2:20 PM.
    I have claimed Glaceon!
    Current Shiny hunt:

The episodes of season 2 seem to keep getting darker and darker. It's almost like Alex Hirsch is pushing his limits here, but i'm not complaining. Like how the shape shifter/Wendy got hit in the stomach with an axe, that was pretty dark for Disney's standards.

Honestly, Into the Bunker was my favorite of the two episodes. We've all wanted Wendy to get more involved in the paranormal adventures, and oh my gosh did they deliver in this episode. Not only does this episode remind us of how skilled Wendy is, but it shows us how she can fit as member of the team and not just serve as either Dipper's one-sided love interest or the damsel in distress . She seemed calm, competent, and practically in control for the entire episode and it shows that she could be seen as a strong female character.

As for the whole Wendy and Dipper side story, I thought the way they handled it was absolutely perfect. I admit that the minute we were introduced to the Shape Shifter, I was scared they were going to pull the cliché of where the main characters can't tell the real person apart from the fake and then they acidentally kill off the real character while the imposter is able to roam free. We may have been given this same cliché, but it was still handled pretty well (though I'll go into that later). What did surprise me though is how Dipper actually confessed his crush to Wendy (or at least the unconscious shape shifter as Wendy heard him in the background) since, even though I knew he would tell her eventually, I never thought it would be this soon. However, while this seemed like a major bomb drop at the time, the writers were able to find a nice and realistic way to wrap up this situation at the end. While I'm glad that Wendy told Dipper that she's too old for him (which is something I've been expecting from the very beginning), they did it in one of the most mature ways possible. Wendy may not have the same feelings as Dipper does, but she shows that she still cares for him like a best friend or a little brother and would do and her speech at the end shows how much she still cares about hi,. It's obvious that Dipper's still not over Wendy, but I'm hoping that this could lead to other possible crushes for Dipper this season (as long as they're not Pacifica)

Now then, my favorite part of the episode in general has to be everything that happened after the shape shifter appeared. We've seen gnomes, multi-bears, manotaurs, Gremoblins, Candified No-Faces, ghosts, and demonic triangles appear in Gravity Falls, but this creature has to be the scariest thing the series has to come up with to date. When you combine Mark Hammil's voice with the Shape Shifter's design, the flawless animation, the pacing, and the incredible score, you've got scene after scene of intense fright and horror wrapped up in a PG or PG-13 rating. I admit, there were moments such as when Dipper whacked the Shape Shifter with an axe when he turned into Wendy that a little voice in my head was repeatedly saying, "Y' know, for kids." but despite that, this was still one of the strongest episodes we've seen in the series since Gideon Rises and easily shows what the rest of the season more than likely be like. As for the scene I mentioned before with the whole who's who cliché, I have to admit that they handled this situation pretty good since it only took a small fraction of the episode rather than the usual 2-3 minutes, and the way that Dipper recognized Wendy through their "keep my mouth shut" gesture is a nice call back to The Inconveniencing.

Final thoughts and comments:
    • I still get goose bumps in the scene where the Shape Shifter turns into Mabel and Dipper, and then into an arachnid hybrid of them both
    • Now that we've seen tons of time with Dipper and Wendy, I want to see more interactions between her and Soos and Mabel
    • I feel so bad for Manly Dan for living in a house that small, but his one cameo scene is still hilarious

Final Grade- A+
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 5th August 2014 at 5:17 AM.

Hold on...Wasn't Dipper under the impression that his sister was going to be attacked by the undead during the first episode of Season 1? It's funny how they were really attacked by the undead in the Season 2 premiere.

^ Ahh irony, you work in mysterious ways...

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    ^ Ahh irony, you work in mysterious ways...
    What's even more ironic is that during that Season 1 premiere, Dipper was still skeptical about what was inside the book, yet in the Season 2 premiere, he was going all crazy about how there was strange things going on in Gravity Falls.

2 Sneak Peek clips are out for tonight's episode (9:00 on Disney XD)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH92...Edw8WL2MClJKtA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjzH...Edw8WL2MClJKtA

I like how there seems to be a bit more to Pacifica than meets the eye.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

I don't know, she's still pretty shallow, and though the continuity on this show is pretty good, I kind of wonder is their rivalry will basically be reset at the start of the next episode.

Mr.Munchlax: For the love of. . . how could you even put the idea of Pacifica and Dipper getting together in season 2 into my head. I no want.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    I don't know, she's still pretty shallow, and though the continuity on this show is pretty good, I kind of wonder is their rivalry will basically be reset at the start of the next episode.
    One thing I've learned from Gravity Falls: never underestimate this show. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    Mr.Munchlax: For the love of. . . how could you even put the idea of Pacifica and Dipper getting together in season 2 into my head. I no want.
    Personally, I don't want it either. I was just implying that there are DipperxPacifica shippers out there who were probably rejoicing after seeing Into the Bunker since it partly wrapped up Dipper's crush with Wendy
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 14th August 2014 at 1:13 AM.

Mr. Munchlax: I agree. They handled Dipper and Wendy's relationship really well. They showed Dipper's disappointment without downplaying the importance they are to each other as friends

Getting back to Bill Cipher, does anyone else get the feeling he's somehow not really that powerful. Just the way he talks/yells, to me, seems like he's super panicked that the twins are going to best him. If he was as powerful as the journal implied you'd think he wouldn't seem to even care about a couple of kids.

"Reality is an illusion! The universe is a hologram! Buy gold!"

Hmm. I not sure that he has much power outside the dream world, and it does seem like if he was really powerful, he'd just have offed Soos and the kids instead of Mabel's imaginary besties, though I think what you're interpreting as panic was supposed to be anger and insanity. I do however have reason to think he's supposed to be one of the most powerful villains on the show, especially with how traditional Disney is about character design, and he is blatantly a triangle, the shape they use to design villains. Oh, and our heroes (Mabel, Dipper, Stan) are all blockish, with the kids being rounded rectangles. Soos has the rounded, funny sidekick shape, and Wendy has the slender stretched out, wise-guy sidekick shape.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

This show has to be somehow connected to the illuminati. Am I the only one who thinks that?
    http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...k6YkKaZ4Khu4sE

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS MAN AND I AM PROUD
    #SAM WITWER FOR SEXIEST MAN ALIVE 2014-2020

I think Bill just likes to dick around with the gang.

Anyone wondering what Grunkle Stan is planning to do with the books?

Claimed EmolgaAS TeamAsk.fm
    #1 Emolga Fan!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast