Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1660

Thread: What are you currently reading?

About to start "Our tragic universe" I borrowed it from the library to hold me until they have the hobbit back on the shelf, anybody else read it? If so, how is it?
    Last edited by hawkeye721; 22nd August 2013 at 10:56 PM.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Some of the book series I'm currently reading are Survivors, The Unwanteds, The Last Dogs and How to Train your Dragon. I've enjoyed reading them all so far and am looking forward for the next books in the series to come out .
    Favorite Pokemon Ever: Ho-Oh
    Because of a holographic Ho-Oh card I got a long time ago when I was sick. Made my day better .
    I have officially claimed Ho-Oh and Trevor!
    Shiny Pokemon:
    Dragalge,NoivernClauncer
    KlefkiDelphox x2PumpkabooDedennex2
    Most Recent Shiny(not counting events):

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Retreading The Lost Hero, while crossing my fingers and thinking;

Spoiler:- BIG SPOILER!!!:

Spoiler:- Sad and Spolier-ish:
    So many PJO feels ;_;

I'm rereading Mark of Athena right now, House of Hades must come out sooner D:<

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

I'm reading Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years. I still don't know what to feel about the title character after the fourth book. Since its written in a diary format, you get every aspect of the character's life. Every time I feel angry at his ignorance I remember a time when he was endearing. Every time I laugh I remember a depressing tale of stress via his constant near-destitution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

PMD doujini

Reading Cloud Atlas right now, best book I've read in a while. Then I'm gonna read Zealot.

About to start reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower. A friend of mine recommended it and my sister has a copy so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Rereading Good Omens right now, which also happens to be one of my favourite books. The writing style and the comedic bits never fail to fill me with joy.

Reading song lyrics

Well, it's turn and face the Stars and Stripes, it's fighting back them butterflies
    It's calling in the air, "Alrighty, yes sir, we want the ball"
    And it's knockin' heads and talkin' trash, it's slinging mud and dirt and grass
    It's I got your number, I got your back when your back's against the wall

You mess with one man, you got us all
    We're the boys of fall

im reading a hawt yaoi comic about kingdom heartz

Reading The Vampire Diaries: The Hunters - Phantom.

..after reading the last one for over a year *sigh*

Currently reading "The Fall of Five" ... awesome book, perhaps one of the best in the series

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

My textbook- The Legal Environment of Business
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Finished:
    Forest: Awesome to a very subjective degree, but I also feel like I might have a greater understanding if I understand all of the literary references. Thus;

Reading:
    Watership Down: The first time I read this I dropped out around the part where Hazel was telling the story about El-Ahrairah. I'm using an English assignment as an excuse to attempt to actually finish it.
    Alice in Wonderland: Forcing my mom to read this. For the most part she likes it.
    The Luxe (series): My sister read it a while back, and seeing as Gossip Girl is one of my guilty pleasures...

ALL IN THE GOLDEN AFTERNOON...

Pokémon Adventures, Volume 1
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Nothing right now.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

I picked up "Perks of Being a Wallflower" from my library alongside a Dummies book on Japanese that I'm yet to start reading, but I probably will soon.

I finished "The Book Thief" just a little while ago, and bawled my eyes out. That book is insanely depressing.
    deviantART Profile

Fox's Art: Legendz, Pokémon, and Sherlock artwork - updated 2/6/14

3DSFriend Code: 2921-9102-7855
    Please PM me if you add me, so I can return the favor.

Claims: Favorite Video Game-Persona 4: the Golden
    Favorite Video Game Character-Yu Narukami

Dead Souls by Nikolai Gogol.

Every time you have a bad day, just go to Advanced Search, enter "Him in the Court" in the User Name box, and voila.

PEOPLE OF EARTH -- WE ARE YOUR ZILTOIDIAN OVERLORDS.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Chinese Cinderella for class.

I am trying to get Forrest Gump and Watership Down.

Scorpions by: Walter Dean Myers

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

The Celestine Prophecy: An Adventure by James Redfield

Oh, let's see.

Deeply Odd, by Dean Koontz. I haven't been a serious fan of Koontz for some years now, but from the first novel I'd been charmed by his character Odd Thomas and so continue to keep up with him. Odd began as something universal: just a humble gentlemanly young man out do good with the help of mediocre supernatural abilities (seeing lingering spirits, something called 'psychic magnetism'). He was polite, jocular, well-read and unfailingly honest, and the situations in which he found himself were humanly evil for the most part - a very relatable protagonist in a believable milieu. But as the series progresses, Odd encounters ever more supernatural evil. This wouldn't be so bad for the author of as many best-selling supernatural thrillers as Koontz, except that as Koontz ages he seems to crystallize into a badly written caricature himself: the right wing conservative Christian. Both Odd and his adventures increasingly take on a 'Christian warrior' veneer, where not only is every enemy a Satanist or a scientist but every ally is a summa cum laude graduate of the "Guns 'N God" school of Traditional 'Murrican Values. Half of Odd's narration is concerned with the evils of demon worship and sadoerotic child sacrifice, and the other half is concerned with the evils of gun control and universal healthcare.

These ideological distractions ruin a good character's memoir in at least two ways. The reader can't be expected to maintain a willing and consistent suspension of disbelief for the supernatural premises when the story repeatedly jerks his attention from the nail-biting evasion of a purgatorial monster hungry for the protagonist's soul to the nail-growing banality of state-church separation policy disputes at the public school level. Affection for the original Odd is all that keeps me interested in this series, because Koontz writes for a progressively narrower audience with each installment; he is at the point now where Odd is preparing for the literal Armageddon, complete with end-of-times rhetoric and Biblical imagery. If the reader is even remotely liberal or non-monotheistic, she will read this book feeling like one of the bad guys.

Odd himself might still be a salvageable character, though. Koontz frequently makes an effort to remind us that Odd's theology is vague and non-denominational, less about the word of the Lord Jesus Christ than about the word of the late Stormy Llewellyn. And in spite of the author's unconvincing use of Odd as a mouthpiece for conservative proselytizing, Odd is never more genuine a character than when he describes his revulsion towards gun use or self-righteous ideological dogmatism. Regardless of where individuals lie on the religious or political spectra, Odd's humility and humor are traits the whole world could use a little more of. Koontz needs to once again write an Odd for everyone, not just for him.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Rereading everything in the Percyverse from The Lightning Thief to The Mark of Athena. It's amazing how the characters grow and mature, and how the new ones are handled good for the most part. Get a darned personality Jason and burn in Tartarus Reyna! I tear up everytime I read MoA...

I'm dying for The House of Hades as well as X/Y, so HoH may keep me alive those final days.

Also reading the Onslaught Saga of comics from X-Men and stuff. Good read, but do the characters really need to explain everything in their sentences? Seems unnatural.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Rereading everything in the Percyverse from The Lightning Thief to The Mark of Athena. It's amazing how the characters grow and mature, and how the new ones are handled good for the most part. Get a darned personality Jason and burn in Tartarus Reyna! I tear up everytime I read MoA...

I'm dying for The House of Hades as well as X/Y, so HoH may keep me alive those final days.
    Oh my gosh, I am dying to read this as well!! .. Cant wait to see what happens to Percabeth! ... Oct 4th, can't wait!

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

Just finished:
    The Maze Runner (re-read)
    A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Miserable Mill (re-read)

Now reading:
    Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25
    A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Austere Academy (Re-Read)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast