Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Quote Originally Posted by aclover View Post
    Misery By Stephen King.

I'm 14.
    I read that when I was 13. If you haven't already read it, I suggest reading Four Past Midnight and The Long Walk, both by Steven King. I think you'll like it, especially if you like Misery.

I wish I had the mind capacity that many of U had to read and get the picture in my head... but when I read, I can't see thus not really grasping what I read. And I really want to get into the Bible but I can't because of my issue.

Must be cool reading novels and critically acclaimed books.
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Nyter09 View Post
    I wish I had the mind capacity that many of U had to read and get the picture in my head... but when I read, I can't see thus not really grasping what I read. And I really want to get into the Bible but I can't because of my issue.

Must be cool reading novels and critically acclaimed books.
    That's really sad, not being able to read books.

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    That's really sad, not being able to read books.
    YEAH... My english class grades were atrocious...
    Pokemon Journals

anyone read the eragon series by christopher paolini?
    Black FC: 5114 6378 8529

SoulSliver FC: 1721 3048 0725

I HAVE CLAIMED HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!

My awesome trade shop!

Not reading anything currently, but I'm going to pick up Game of Thrones shortly. The TV show is awesome, book sales must have shot through the roof because of the tv series. And another one has caught my eye in the bookstore I go to, I think it's called Peace and War. A sci-fi trilogy about a solider who has to fight an alien race far away, but due to relativity, by the time he returns to Earth, hundreds of years have passed. Making him unable to form any meaningful relationships, or adapt to the shifting society(ies)

I am number 4

Quote Originally Posted by artmusicboy View Post
    I am number 4
    Is the movie anythong like the book?
    Pokemon Journals

Umm...

Skulduggery Pleasant Series.
    The Night Angel Trilogy.
    Doctor Who books.
    Artemis Fowl.
    Alex Rider series.
    LIFELONG WHO. FAN, well from the 10th doctor onwards

fear the

I bought Full Dark, No Stars on Saturday. It's pretty good, I haven't been able to put it down.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

The Glory Field for a summer project... :3
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/11tofg5.jpg[/IMG]
    Is someone hungry?

I'm reading The Last Continent by Terry Pratchett. I was going through them all in order because I got hooked, but then I started interjecting with heavier novels and non-fiction books to slow me down and since then I haven't found Discworld as witty, just a bit bland and samey. I still enjoy reading them though because it's like when you get attached to the characters in a soap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katya Ivanova View Post
    laughing at criticism probably isn't the best way to go about not being hideous
    inb4malanu

Quote Originally Posted by menonabhi123 View Post
    anyone read the eragon series by christopher paolini?
    No, but I saw the movie, wasn't a fan...
    are the books any good?

Reading Time Bandits by Terry Pratchett, again...
    I Quit SPPf (for the time being)
    Had a blast, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiDude View Post
    No, but I saw the movie, wasn't a fan...
    are the books any good?

Reading Time Bandits by Terry Pratchett, again...
    Eragon the movie was probably the worst book to movie adaptation since... ever. Read the books, they are actually very, very good.

I am reading... nothing, my summer reading assignments for literature aren't up and I still have time to blow off my history assignment because it's just a study guide for World History in Six Glasses or whatever the name is. The thing I read most recently... was Great Expectations for class. Meh.
    I'm sorry, were you expecting some kind of epic signature here?

Current works:
    A Modern Atlantis- Bioshock/Doctor Who crossover (FINALLY WRITING CHAPTER 3! Will post soon!)
    -When a perfectly mundane trip to the ocean floor causes the Doctor and his companions to discover an underwater city, they find a utopia that is anything but. (Rated PG-14 for language and violence)

Quote Originally Posted by redlongmagnet View Post
    Mein Kampf -Adolf Hitler (School/fun)
    I've always wanted to read that, I just can't find a copy...ANYWHERE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon View Post
    Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies.
    Read that! Wouldn't probably ever read the original, but I loved the zombie version. I also read the prequel. I want the sequel now.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnegross View Post
    Rereading Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr. I read them from grades 5-7 and decided that I needed a more thorough read-through. Currently waiting for my local library's copy(ies) of Eldest to be returned.

Can't wait for Inheritance.
    When the hell is that coming out anyway? I've been waiting since like 07!

Quote Originally Posted by GaZsTiC View Post
    It still irks me when people call the book by that name. I will never understand why the US decided that the "Philosopher's Stone" wasn't suitable.
    Because they thought people wouldn't want to read it if it was called that. *******es. I'd actually picked it up right away if it had been called that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand

though I'm a slow and infrequent reader, so I'm only six chapters in and ive been reading it since febuary.
    How is it?

Quote Originally Posted by R. New View Post
    I'm currently about 2/3 of the way through Smoke and Mirrors, a collection of short stories by Neil Gaiman. I'm on kind of a Neil Gaiman kick. I've read Good Omens, Coraline, Stardust, Neverwhere and The Graveyard Book, and I still have American Gods and Anansi Boys waiting in the wings x)
    Read Good Omens and Stardust. Amazing books.

Quote Originally Posted by rykerr1 View Post
    I love Neil Gaiman! Once I have time I'm going to get my butt in motion and read Stardust and Anansi Boys. If you are a fan of his stuff you have to read American Gods ASAP, it's an amazing book =)
    I really recommend Good Omens too, if you haven't read it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Maya Fey View Post
    im reading to kill a mockingbird again, it is a true classic in my eyes
    It is an amazing book, however, I read it once and don't plan to go back to it anytime soon. Just not quite my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    Wasn't half bad? What are you smoking? Harry Potter is great!
    Don't get ahead of yourself. They were okay. Good even, but not great.

Quote Originally Posted by LokiTheGengar View Post
    Eragon the movie was probably the worst book to movie adaptation since... ever. Read the books, they are actually very, very good.
    Idk about that one. The first was decent...at most. The second and third were quite good, I'll give you that one. XD

Reading "And Another Thing" by Eoin Colfer. Its the 6th book of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. Originally written by Douglass Adams...who is dead now. Its okay, but not as good as the original. Maybe that is why it went down from $25 to $5 at walmart? Its good tho, just not quite up to par.

Also reading 'City of the Dead'. Its okay. Not really my style of zombie books. In fact, I've been 'reading' it for a few months now. Anyone know any decent zombie books?

Re-reading the Chronicles of Narnia series. Got done reading a few of my favorite Dragonlance books. Prolly gonna see about getting my hands on the 'His Dark Materials' series again...mine got lost. Tried to get my gf to read the first one (The Golden Compass) and she found it boring. When I get Princess Bride back, I think I'll give that one another read. Amazing book. Need to get the third book of the 'Forest of Hands and Teeth' series. The third of the Looking Glass Wars. Speaking of which, I need to find my Alice in Wonderland books. The original.

Oops! Sorry for rambling!! lol
    Pokemon Black team:

I'm just reading Midnighters! Pretty interesting.......

Join PI Forums please! :0
    3DS FC: 4725-8278-5467 - Link

Need to finish The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. Already read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire. All of them are brilliant and I wish they weren't remaking the movies because the Swedish versions are perfect as they are.

After that I might re-read The Road to Mars by Eric Idle (my fave cast member of Monty Python ) Or Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows again before the movie comes out. Total nerd status here. Even dressing up for the midnight showing. I figure this is my last chance so why the hell not! XD

That'll hopefully tide me over until Chuck Palahniuk's new book Damned comes out in September!!
    Last edited by mewichooseyou; 6th June 2011 at 2:59 PM. Reason: spelling error

Currently playing White

My Pokeball tattoo.
    I have claimed Budew!

I recently read the Ender Series for fun.

I'm not really that into reading, so it takes me a while to finish a book. Right now I'm reading Moscow:1812. This book is about Napoleon's failed conquest of Russia.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Just finished reading The Color Purple for school. I'm also rereading Towers of Midnight from the Wheel of Time series.

I just started The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I've been reading a lot more recently.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBrain View Post
    I just started The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I've been reading a lot more recently.
    That series is awesome. Catching Fire is probably the worst one, and it's still good. Mockingjay is the best, imo, although

Spoiler:- MAJOR SPOILER!:

In terms of what I've been reading, I recently started The Ring of Solomon by Jonathan Stroud. It's a prequel to the Bartimaeus trilogy, but it still makes plenty of sense on its own. A very long book with lots of weird vocabulary, but still funny.

EDIT: Rank up!
    3DS FC: 3883-5664-1748
    Friend Safari: Siglyph, Munna, Girafarig

I'm reading the Pokemon adventures series.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Christianity is a Relationship with our true God, Jesus. It's not a Religion. Copy and paste If you agree

Registeel is mine, yay!

Adventure of Adventureness & Awesome of Awesomeness: Smashing the 4th wall into gazillion pieces since 2010. - Sig too long, so Mod a cropped it

The Warlock by Michael Scott and Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
    PM me for breeding and banner requests.

FC:1506-5875-2857

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Pebblewing View Post
    That series is awesome. Catching Fire is probably the worst one, and it's still good. Mockingjay is the best, imo, although.
    I agree. I liked Catching Fire, but I thought it started out slow. I really liked Mockingjay, but I felt like the end was a little rushed and left a bit to be desired. There were some questions that I had that weren't ever really answered. However, I really enjoyed the series a lot. I don't usually read YA books much because they tend to be lacking in character depth and depth of story, but Collins did a good job with both. Katniss actually reacts to things the way a person really would, rather than getting over traumatic experiences quickly like characters in a lot of books tend to do.

More on topic:
    I'm currently reading Nightmares and Dreamscapes by Stephen King.

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast