Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1660

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Currently retreading Neil Cross's Captured, in such a way to kill boredom alone.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

I've been reading Book Five of the A Song of Ice and Fire series: A Dance with Dragons. I love the book, but I've been having some sort of reading block for the past, what, like 4 months. I'm halfway through.

derp.

The Kite Runner because it's required reading. It's ok so far, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Grovyl View Post
    I've been reading Book Five of the A Song of Ice and Fire series: A Dance with Dragons. I love the book, but I've been having some sort of reading block for the past, what, like 4 months. I'm halfway through.
    Tell me what you think (in spoiler tags) about some of the stuff that happens. It's a good book. A little better than the 4th book.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Reading Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost. I got this book from Amazon for a great price.

I am reading Inferno by Dan Brown . Its got a very good plot like all his books .

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Bought the book W.A.R.P. at walmart, and I like it so far, but I don't think the writer is very good.
    I saw that one, let me know how it was when you finish, I might get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grovyl View Post
    I've yet to read A Dance with Dragons, that's third on my current list to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by 609Chandelure View Post
    I am reading Inferno by Dan Brown . Its got a very good plot like all his books .
    I've read all of Dan's other books, so I might as well read this one too, plus I realllllly like the plot of this one.

I'm moments away from cracking open Book One: City of Bones in The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, I've heard good things, but we'll see.

Currently reading the fifth book in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Pretty good series, a lot unlike his typical stuff. Basically a high-fantasy adventure novel with plenty of Western elements and dimension hopping. Pretty good read for anyone looking for an epic to pass the time with.

I also just finished reading The Long Walk by King's alter-ego Richard Bachman. That book was an experience I won't soon forget.
    Colors!3D Gallery - http://colorslive.com/author?id=59594

The 2nd book ("Linger") of the triology The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater

Reading "Catching Fire" followed by "Mockingjay"; both by Suzanne Collins.

Mom's getting me the books in the Nightside series by Simon R Green. They're not bad, actually.

FIM fanfiction:
    love lost
    Without a hive
    My Tumbur http://spiritdreamdoodlesandlifeblog.tumblr.com/

Gone til the 15 of December see you then!

I am currently reading some random ContestShipping fan fictions across the board.

The Percy Jackson books :3

Since my last post, I've read The House of Silk. I also recently finished a string of other books that had been on my list: The New Atheism, by Victor Stenger; Freethinkers: A History of American Secularism, by Susan Jacoby; The Grand Design, by Stephen Hawking; 36 Arguments for the Existence of God, by Rebecca Goldstein; and Hitch-22, Christopher Hitchens's memoir. That was plenty of intellectual vegetables (enjoyable all, though it surprised me to feel with some of these like I was reading below my level), but what I'm in the mood for now is a good, simple gumshoe novel. Sadly, the best hardboiled detective story author I've ever read passed away quite a while ago, and I've already read all of his series. u_u

I suppose I should pick up something in biology or psychology next, to keep up the circuit training aspect. =p

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by jadeVelocity View Post
    Currently reading the fifth book in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Pretty good series, a lot unlike his typical stuff. Basically a high-fantasy adventure novel with plenty of Western elements and dimension hopping. Pretty good read for anyone looking for an epic to pass the time with.

I also just finished reading The Long Walk by King's alter-ego Richard Bachman. That book was an experience I won't soon forget.
    I love the Dark Tower series. It's good to see a new reader. I disagree with it being unlike his typical stuff, though. If you've read much of King's work, you'll see that the DT series heavily influences so many of his other books. Little bits and pieces of DT lore show up in almost every book he's ever written.

I'm reading Jhereg, the first book of the Vlad Taltos series by Steven Brust. It's a great read so far, a different style from what I'm used to, but I could use something a little different.
    Currently avoiding news on pokemon X & Y until release. Want that fresh naive feeling.

Finally reading Fahrenheit 451, something I'd somehow avoided doing. It's AWESOME so far, really digging the writing style and plot and setting. Ray Bradbury, man. It's amazing the book was written so long ago, it feels so current!
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

The Casual Vacancy by J.K Rowling & An Intimate Look at the Night Sky are the two I'm reading right now. The former is for leisure reading, & the latter is for a book report I hope to do by the end of the semester in Astronomy. :3

Inheritance.

I picked up "Looking for Alaska" this morning, because everyone tells me I should read John Green books. I'm about 100 pages in (I think it's about half way, but I'm on my eReader so it's hard to tell.) I really want to like it, but it's just not clicking for me at all. I've read The Fault in our Stars, Paper towns and Will Grayson Will Grayson now, and I really only found Paper Towns all that enjoyable. I have Les Miserables sitting on my bookshelf currently, and I keep saying I'll read it next, but the size is incredibly intimidating.

But I also really want to reread 1984 in the next few weeks, because I had to read it for school early this year, and it was great. I just didn't get an opportunity to read it as in depth as I would have liked to.

Im currently reang these posts and forums
    White 2 Team:
    Lvl. 100 (Leader: Nov-Ember)
    Lvl. 100
    Lvl. 100 shiny
    Lvl. 100 white
    Lvl. 100
    Lvl. 100

As of now, I'm reading random Contestshippings in order to kill the bloody jet lag.

Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban. Great book. Nearly finished it.

Currently reading Cloud Atlas. Admittedly I'd seen the film first, but I have to say I'm very impressed. Especially how he adapts his style of writing to fit in with the time period.

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast