Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1660

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Constantly re-reading The Mark of Athena ,by Rick Riordan, the third book in the second series (Heroes of Olympus) of the Camp-Half Blood Chronicles (does it have an official name?), in preparation for the fourth book, The House of Hades. Darn you Rick! Such a freaking heartless troll! The last Annabeth chapter is drowned with my tears! :'(

I'm only joking Rick! You're the bestest writer ever! It's so funny how you make your fans want to respect you and violently attack you at the same time! XD

If you've read the book, or don't care about spoilers (but have still read past books of Percy Jackson or Heroes of Olympus), read this and don't get sad:

Spoiler:- DON'T READ UNLESS YOU'VE READ THE MARK OF ATHENA, OR DON'T MIND GETTING MAJORLY SPOILED!!!:

Any book suggestions? I love fantasy/adventure with a bit of romance. I've read the Harry Potter books, but if anyone says Twilight, I will hunt them down and shoot them.
    Last edited by MidnightFennekin; 8th July 2013 at 11:56 PM.

Finally finished W.A.R.P. ...took me over a month to finish that book, and seeing as i read catching fire in one day.....shows how motivated i was to read this book. It definitely wasn't the worst book ive ever read, but it definitely wasnt worth $20.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Maximum Ride by James Patterson. I actually got it last December and didn't read much, but I read a lot recently. I hope to have it finished before the summer ends.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

I just read The Great Gatsby and not to be over dramatic but that book has changed many of my views. The writing was beautiful and the symbolism in the characters were superb. Ten out of ten for sure!
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Just finished the Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. I had read Angels and Demons and The Da Vinchi Code, so this one seemed natural to read. Excellent page turning thriller that really opens your eyes to religion and America's foundation. I had heard somebody tell me that Lost Symbol was Dan Brown selling out by apologizing to the Catholic Church, but I disagree.
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/343jiwx.png[/IMG]
    Keeping the classics alive

I am reading the Mammoth trilogy by Stephan Baxter. My library only has the first two, but I plan on buying all three of them from Amazon.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

If on a winter's night a traveler - Italo Calvino. Almost done, and I have to say, it was a really intriguing style, with every other chapter being in     Spoiler:- if you're not planning on reading:

Reading list for the summer (mostly book prizes from being awesome at Quiz Bowl):
    The Road - Cormac McCarthy
    The Master of Go - Yasunari Kawabata
    Seize the Day - Saul Bellow
    Cannery Row - John Steinbeck
    Winesburg, Ohio - Sherwood Anderson

And hopefully, if I have the time to go to the library:
    The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood
    All the King's Men - Robert Penn Warren

Every time you have a bad day, just go to Advanced Search, enter "Him in the Court" in the User Name box, and voila.

PEOPLE OF EARTH -- WE ARE YOUR ZILTOIDIAN OVERLORDS.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

I am reading The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood for school. Never really been a fan of dystopian stuff (apart from Nineteen Eighty-Four) but it's quite interesting so far.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Currently reading to kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I'm not really nothing at the moment.

Anything thing that came out recently in the horror/suspense/sci genre? Mystery too .
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

Oliver Twist. Part of this nice hardbound book of 4 Charles Dickens stories.

Click my Trainer Card to see my Shiny Pokémon List

My Personal Pokémon Website: Ace Trainer Alex Webpage
    Ace Trainers United Website: Ace Trainers United
    Ace Trainers United Facebook Group
    Pokémon X Version: Alex - 2535-4116-7272
    Friend Safari: Poison -

Aug issue of National Geographic. I can be in far away places and not leave my couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    Currently reading Cloud Atlas. Admittedly I'd seen the film first, but I have to say I'm very impressed. Especially how he adapts his style of writing to fit in with the time period.
    I desperately tried to finish the book before the film came out. I did it, but I'd say my young mind was overwhelmed by the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    I just read The Great Gatsby and not to be over dramatic but that book has changed many of my views. The writing was beautiful and the symbolism in the characters were superb. Ten out of ten for sure!
    I started reading the first few pages, but gave up and watched the film instead. Do you think reading the book would still be worth it? (Even though I'm pretty sure it is.)

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    Currently reading to kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee.
    First novel I've ever finished

I recently just finished The Maze Runner and can't wait for Valentine's day 2014 (when the movie comes out).
    Also just finished The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
    I'm new to the whole reading scene.

Harry Potter and the goblet of fire. It's awesome so far. It's about 2 of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in pages.... woah.

I'm currently reading Cloud Atlas which I'm about halfway through. Once I'm done with that I plan on watching the film to compare the two.

A book how to draw Cartoon Figures that i rented from the Library.

My ability to read serious works has pretty much disappeared of late. So, I finished reading Willie Nelson's Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die yesterday and am currently heading on to Penn Jillette's Every Day Is An Atheist Holiday!.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

currently I'm going through the Beyonders trilogy by Brandon Mull.

Just finished reading Zom-b Angels by Darren Shan, the fourth book of an ongoing 12 book series. Pretty good series so far. Really not the common idea of how a zombie apocalypse will happen.

Just reread The Catcher in the Rye, if you want to know the truth. I really did.

In an effort to get a better handle on why Salinger's such a cause celibré, I'm now reading Nine Stories. However, I've already begun Rawls' Lectures on the History of Moral Philosophy because it promises to teach me something about Kant and Hume, both of whom I'd really like a fuller understanding of. Actually, a philosophy professor I had once suggested I read Rawls for his take on ethics, but Lectures opens by revealing that Rawls himself often considered his philosophical work on ethical theories more of a study of moral psychology, which just tickles my fancy since it plays right into my own research program. It's a real delight to suddenly discover just how well advised I was by that great old (young!) teacher.

And I've also picked up Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief by Lawrence Wright. My aunt, uncle and cousins recently spent the weekend, and my crazy tía tried to proselytize Scientology. She's already got my uncle paying those ridiculous tithes to rise through the levels in the church, and she sent her daughter to a Scientology school in Florida. Now my little sister wants to go away to the same school, and if that wasn't bad enough, my aunt and uncle convinced my mom to go cold turkey off some of her psychiatric meds. That really got me angry. Those fool people can think whatever they want in the privacy of their own empty heads, but they dare not put my family in danger because of it. So now I've got to read this Scientology book and mark off important or at least easy parts for my mom to read so that she can be informed next time she has to withstand a harangue by my goony aunt. I'll be darned if I'm going to let my little sister go off to Florida to join a cult.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

I'm currently reading Stephen King's Under The Dome. Picked it up for dirt cheap and decided it would be a good addition to my collection of his works. (Basically Stephen King is my favorite author.)

It will probably help me to better understand the show as well.

I recently finished Inferno by Dan Brown, and shortly before that finished A Dance With Dragons.

Spoiler:- Slight Inferno location spoiler:

The book itself was standard Dan Brown, although it did raise some interesting, topical issues. I did feel he was a bit heavy handed, though, and should have drawn the issues out more. One of the issues raised (and its pros and cons) was entirely discussed in just one conversation.

A Dance With Dragons was excellent. GRRM better hurry up and get The Winds of Winter finished, since there's plenty of things left hanging.

Cannery Row is now finished. Now for The Pearl (90-some pages) and All the King's Men (600+ pages).

Wish me luck.

Every time you have a bad day, just go to Advanced Search, enter "Him in the Court" in the User Name box, and voila.

PEOPLE OF EARTH -- WE ARE YOUR ZILTOIDIAN OVERLORDS.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

The Hunger Games trilogy and the Harry Styles biography cuz ya know im obsessed with 1D -and eevee
    I love Eevee!!!

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2119lef.gif[/IMG]
    ~A credit to ShinyGirl for the Eevee lickie~

The Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan. I loved her book The Joy Luck Club. It was good movie too.
    Friend Code
    4725-8753-8888

Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast