Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1604

Thread: What are you currently reading?

I'm continuing forward with the A Song of Ice and Fire series. Just started "A Storm of Swords" by George R R Martin.

Finished reading The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, currently reading The Beatles Anthology.

Warriors, Dawn of the Clans: The First Battle

I'm reading a book on Wattpad called "Bermuda." It talks about the Bermuda and possibly why so many people disappear. It's a really interesting story.

SHINIES

DRAGON EGGS

Click on the Egg/Dragon to help me grow them!
    You can make your own at www.dragcave.net!

I finally finished Brian Jacques' Voyage of Slaves, the third novel of the Castaways of the Flying Dutchman series (though I didn't read the first two). Overall, I was disappointed by it. The main characters and the love interest were all pretty uninteresting because they were flawless and pretty flat, and the writing wasn't that strong.

I loved his Redwall series, so this was a real disappointment, and I just did not enjoy it. Would not recommend.
    Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!

Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

Divergent
    Had to let the hype die down before I could bring myself to read this. Actually pretty good.

Star Wars Fate of the Jedi Book 7: Conviction
    I've gotta say, getting through this one is kind of rough, I don't know if it's me or if it's the book, but it just seems like the series is getting a bit repetitive.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

I am now reading a book called RUNNING which is an autobiography of Ronnie O'Sullivan. This mainly talks about how a snooker player can get rid of drug addiction by running. Not only he is a great snooker player but also he is a good runner too. He can run a 10 km race well within 35 minutes which is quite impressive indeed.

Finished Reading: The Eleventh Plague

Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

I finished The Fault in Our Stars this past December and finished Looking For Alaska a few weeks ago. Both are good reads. I'm planning on rummaging through my local book store for a copy of The Princess Bride.
    Well met, friend! This is my signature.

Just got done reading Curtain by Agatha Christie. So, so sad , yet very well written. Might be reading another book soon. Not sure of which one just yet.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Credit goes out to Crasher for the banner

To Kill a Mockingbird and Lord of the Flies
    Against my will.
    (Cries in a corner and tries to finish summer work)

Credit for the trainer card goes to Ayra at her shop.
    I have officially claimed Infernape and Henry from Fire Emblem: Awakening!
        Spoiler:- Pokemon Anime Style Battling League:

Started reading A Feast For Crows last weekend.
    Hoenn confirmed
    November 21st
    Are you ready?

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:
    (<primal)

Warriors: Dawn of the clans #2, I love these series
    I have claimed Skarmory

Avatar the last Airbender: The Seach Finally we get to learn the truth of what happened to Zuko's mother. I great addition to the series and finale.

I just finished reading The Road to Chlifa (actually, I read it in french, with the original title being La route de Chlifa) which is a somewhat decent book and quite emotional to say the least.
    I'm really starting to think I should start reading The Fault in Our Stars. It just seems to be everywhere I go and ratings are high.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

The Complete Sherlock Holmes volume 1 by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

I actually started it a couple weeks ago, so I'm not that far in, but it's pretty good. I've always been a fan of Sherlock Holmes, so it's nice to finally read the works that I've seen portrayed in movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic
    I finally finished Brian Jacques' Voyage of Slaves, the third novel of the Castaways of the Flying Dutchman series (though I didn't read the first two). Overall, I was disappointed by it. The main characters and the love interest were all pretty uninteresting because they were flawless and pretty flat, and the writing wasn't that strong.

I loved his Redwall series, so this was a real disappointment, and I just did not enjoy it. Would not recommend.
    Noooo I loved Redwall, and was thinking of reading these someday. Well, looks like now I won't, if they're really not worth it. Oh well, at least I can read the other 10 Redwall books that I have left to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock
    Divergent
    Had to let the hype die down before I could bring myself to read this. Actually pretty good.
    I took a look at that once, but the writing style just bothered me too much to get through it; I had a similar problem with the Hunger Games, but I managed to make it through that. I've heard the Divergent series is really good, though, at least in terms of storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by King Infernape The III
    To Kill a Mockingbird and Lord of the Flies
    Against my will.
    (Cries in a corner and tries to finish summer work)
    They're really not that bad; I rather enjoyed reading Lord of the Flies, actually. As for To Kill a Mockingbird... you just have to plow through it, as the story can be rather dull.

Right now, I'm re-reading the Inheritance Cycle. I'm going at a pace of 100 pages a day, and it's still taking me about a month to read. It's a little sad to read these; I used to love these books and was a huge fan, but now.. I have so many qualms with it, I'm not sure why I'm going through them again.

My fic, Drowning. Chapter 3 rewritten as of 7/22/2014!
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to 00swms for the beautiful banner!

Currently reading:

Vol 2 of The Journey to the West. And I just read something in it that makes me want to put it down and never return to it.

Two of the main characters dropped two innocent children out of the sky to their deaths outside a palace. The intent was to draw a demon from hiding within the palace. The description of this was rather flippant about how they were reduced to a mess of meat and shattered bone. What's more, nobody mourned them.

I get that it was written in a time when there was less accounting for taste in literature, but this just left a bad taste in my mouth. And considering it's only Vol 2 of a four volume series, there's probably more where that came from.
    Last edited by Ketaru; 22nd June 2014 at 6:04 AM.

Just finished "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". I know I am a little late to the party, but I bought the 5 books in one volume for a good price so I am okay with it.

I really liked the whale and the cops, I feel bad for them .The writing style is so unique and humorous that the story could be the worst possible and the book would still be a great read.

Going to read "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe". Hopefully it keeps up.

Just started East of Eden for the fourth time. Hopefully I'll finish it for the second time.

Im reading the Heroes of Olympus and I'm currently on the 3rd book Mark of Athena, but i do have the fourth one to start reading when I finish the 3rd one
    On punishment wont be on till off, sorry!!!!
    FC: 3179-7235-3277. FS:Poison. Pokemon In Fs:Kakuna, Swalot and Whirlipede
    I've claimed the blaring Noivern.
    Looking For: Pinsir, Nuzleaf, Vullaby, Pachirisu, Clefairy, Mankey, Throh, Sawk,, Rufflet, Sawsbuck, Toxicroak, and Munna,

Also looking for a league to join

Going to put aside Lovecraft and The Journey to the West for a bit to start on The Three Musketeers.

The Journal of the two sisters from MLP FIM. It was pretty cute and fun.

What I Did For Love by Susan Elizabeth Phillips.
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Currently reading Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding.

Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465 LastLast