Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why wouldn't Pokemon Adventures make a good animated series?

Default Why wouldn't Pokemon Adventures make a good animated series?

Producers probably wouldn't adapt the property correctly.

Turning a comic straight into an animated series usually never works. Just ask Yu-Gi-Oh. A lot of their anime were based on their manga but never followed it directly

idk but its too late for to do that, pokemon is a generational franchise, they would have to animate it from the beginning of pokemon , and another point is pikachu marketing
    Last edited by tangellina; 16th November 2014 at 5:22 PM.

I don't see why PokeSpecial wouldn't translate well into an anime. Yeah some anime adaptations haven't worked well in the past, but there have been plenty of good ones as well. Though it's probably too late for a pokespecial anime adaptation now

It could work. Not to say they couldn't do it, the people in charge just don't see the point since we already have a anime and will an PokeSpe adaptation is more than likely won't see the light of day. In my opinion, that ship has already sailed long ago.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

While the story of Special/Adventure is pretty different to the main anime, I think the overall experience is so similar that there'd be little point in having two anime series running. And if we're talking about Adventures replacing the main anime then it would have to be stretched out to 3-4 year-long series and the amount of added fluff and merchandising would leave us with something that isn't hugely different.

The best we can hope for are the specials we see every so often like the Mystery Dungeon episodes or Origins.

I do prefer the manga and it is possible to make good anime from manga, FMA brotherhood or Attack on titan for example, but that would require them to go back to the beginning and play catch up. They'd have to start from the orignal and work all the way to the present series. It would be counter intuitive to do something like that now.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Because that manga is ****. Can't polish a turd and all.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

I can't see a reason why it woldn't make a good anime. Most anime is already based off a manga or light novel anyway.

Sure they may need to change some of the chapters, but a anime that actually follows the game would be great. They did it with Pokemon Origins.

Also who says that they can't add bonus episodes that deal with pokemon form other generation.

I wouldn't say that Pokemon Adventures won't make a good animated series because honestly, I think it would. When it comes down to it, Adventures is seriously ten times better then the Pokemon anime is..

But I highly doubt it's going to happen. I just can't see them turning it into an anime as long as the current anime is running.

You people seriously overestimate Pokespe's popularity if you think that the anime currently running is what's stopping this from getting an anime of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    You people seriously overestimate Pokespe's popularity if you think that the anime currently running is what's stopping this from getting an anime of its own.
    I agree. PokeSpecial(despite the quality compared to the anime) just isn't as well known as the pokemon anime. It's pretty niche. Hell, I didn't even know about it until two years ago.

PokeSpe is probably the most well-known Pokemon manga in the English-speaking fandom but not in its native country I don't think. I would argue that one of the major reasons why we aren't seeing a PokeSpe adaptation is that the Pokemon anime already does what it does and that is to be a commercial for the games they are based on. So having a Pokespe anime airing would be redundant. Like I said before, the ship sailed long ago. I don't know why people keep wising for it. None of these fan projects are ever going to off the ground either. I know it sounds harsh but I am just trying to be real.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    PokeSpe is probably the most well-known Pokemon manga in the English-speaking fandom but not in its native country I don't think. I would argue that one of the major reasons why we aren't seeing a PokeSpe adaptation is that the Pokemon anime already does what it does and that is to be a commercial for the games they are based on. So having a Pokespe anime airing would be redundant. Like I said before, the ship sailed long ago. I don't know why people keep wising for it. None of these fan projects are ever going to off the ground either. I know it sounds harsh but I am just trying to be real.
    It's most well-known Pokemon manga in Japan also.

It's widely discussed than other Pokemon manga in Japanese forum, and it's also the only Pokemon manga that held a signature meeting. It has no animation to make just because GF has the other business the consideration.

It's popular enough to animate, but it's not suitable as an animation of a series of publicity games.

I am 24 and I have been a Pokemon fan since I was 8, and I still have a keen interest in the Pokemon Adventures manga. I must still be interested in it for a reason. Let's face it, first and foremost, it is a very good story.

It is an interesting take on the Pokemon world. It is exciting. It has its light, humorous moments, as well as its darker moments. It has a It has a pretty even mix of strong male and female main characters, so it has his "shipping" aspect (not something I have ever been interested in personally, but I know a large portion of the fan base are). It is full of very strong villainous characters and organisations.

What is also good about it, is that each "series" brings a new group of main characters, so you could sorta pick up from any series without having to go right back to the start if you wished.

It is too late now, but I think if they'd have gone with Pokemon Adventures as the anime, instead of the actual anime, it'd still be going strong today.

It was never a good time to adapt this manga into anime just because of how it releases. If it was adapted it would need fillers by the boat load or go on long and frequent breaks.

And don't say they could go back and adapt the earlier chapters in the down time. Pokemon as a franchise is always moving forward, heck Special itself has trouble keeping up with the series.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

lol what? I thought that most anime were manga adaptions anyway, so what's the big deal? It would certainly be better than the pokemon anime we have now....

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    It's most well-known Pokemon manga in Japan also.
    If I am not mistaken, Pokemon Pocket Monsters in the most popular Pokemon manga in Japan.

If I have state my honest opinion. PokeSpe is better than most Pokemon manga I've read. Since most of them exist for cheap cash grabs with no real meat of their own. I am not going to entirely knock the anime though, it has some great ideas of it own. So much so in fact that Pokespe borrowed quite few of them. However in terms of what I think is better, I would have to give it to the manga.

I just don't see get anime adaptation ever. Never say never I say but still.

The Pokemon Company cares more about advertising their games then making a convincing story. The current anime's format allows for the writers and animation team to showcase Pokemon, Moves, Characters, and Game Mechanics much easier then Pokemon Special could. The story and continuity for the current anime are weak, but that is intentional since it allows the writers more flexibility when it comes to marketing.

For example, you couldn't really squeeze a Meloetta arch to promote an Event or a 15-episode Johto Remakes detour in the middle of Black/White or Diamond/Pearl respectively.

I also imagine if it were a once-a-week series like the main anime is it'll eventually suffer from Filler-itis while trying to keep pace with the manga. There are ways to get around this (only work with the previous addition), but it's probably not in their best interests to not have an anime not running for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    If I am not mistaken, Pokemon Pocket Monsters in the most popular Pokemon manga in Japan.
    In fact, it only represents the first Pokémon manga instead of the most popular now. I did not find the relevant sales at least.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    The Pokemon Company cares more about advertising their games then making a convincing story. The current anime's format allows for the writers and animation team to showcase Pokemon, Moves, Characters, and Game Mechanics much easier then Pokemon Special could. The story and continuity for the current anime are weak, but that is intentional since it allows the writers more flexibility when it comes to marketing.

For example, you couldn't really squeeze a Meloetta arch to promote an Event or a 15-episode Johto Remakes detour in the middle of Black/White or Diamond/Pearl respectively.

I also imagine if it were a once-a-week series like the main anime is it'll eventually suffer from Filler-itis while trying to keep pace with the manga. There are ways to get around this (only work with the previous addition), but it's probably not in their best interests to not have an anime not running for weeks.
    Or they wait for the end of Pokémon, then make the new series animation. But I think it is impossible lol

I hope more that PMSP can publish the Kanzenban of full color version after it end. Although this is also a low probability, oh.

They'd work better as OVAs/Movies or mini-series/specials

One problem is that it uses game mechanics that don't translate well into animation (and the TV Show doesn't use). Another problem is that it takes risks the animation division doesn't even want to THINK about taking...

Quote Originally Posted by Jangobadass View Post
    One problem is that it uses game mechanics that don't translate well into animation (and the TV Show doesn't use). Another problem is that it takes risks the animation division doesn't even want to THINK about taking...
    That's that really a problem since Pokemon anime did took a lot from the games that look silly with you put into animation. A few of them they dropped but even still.

The fact of the matter is, a PokeSpe anime now would be redundant. The is literally very little reason for especially since the anime is still doing well. I doubt we will ever see one in our lifetime anyways.
    I could see being a special or OVA however.

I think Pokemon Adventures would make a great animated series, tbh. I've been a fan of it now for several years and I have always wondered how it would work if it were to be translated into an anime.

The only problem is I can't see it happening. If they were going to turn it into an anime, they would have already done it by now. After all, it's been several years since the first volume came out. It would have been the perfect opportunity to turn PokeSpe into an anime. Plus, they've had so many other perfect times since then.

So yeah, PokeSpe would have made a great anime but I just don't think it's going to happen.

❤️ Pearlshipping | Agencyshipping | Hoennshipping ❤️

Actually the majority of the anime I've seen are a great disappoint for their manga. So I'm happy with how things are at the moment, also the company who publishes Special needs to give permission and the budget for the animation company to make the anime. Also anime adaptation are mostly made to promote their manga and as others have stated; Special is merely just merchandise to promote the games and since we already have a (crappy) anime that does the game promoting, I doubt we'll see a Special anime.

I think that given how much they want to cover to catch up it'd probably be somewhat rushed in terms of story. They'd also have to wrork around the gen 1 limitations. (not impossible but a challenge)
    Last edited by Luthor; 27th January 2015 at 9:25 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast