Torterra @ Shell Bell
    Ability:Overgrow
    EVs: HP/332 A/263 D/267
    Nature: Impish(+Defense, -S. Attack)
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Climb
    - Bullet Seed/ Facade
    - Frenzy Plant
    No relevance in competitive battling whatsoever. Frenzy Plant (and other Hyper Beam type moves) are completely useless. And you don't have the correct EVs, clearly, just the stats (and even those seem completely off...especially since you only posted HP, Attack, and Defense). Bullet Seed sucks and is outclassed by pretty much any other move, and Leftovers are superior to Shell Bell. Overall? The standard sets are far better. All of them.

Um, that set is horrible in competitive play. Wood Hammer > Frenzy Plant, EQ is fine, something like Leech Seed or Sub > Bullet Seed, and Sword's Dance/Rock Polish > Rock Climb to give you some speed. Stone Edge will do better against Flying types, and Flame Orb on Torterra just for the sake of using boosted Facades is a bad idea.

My RD team as failed me, so I'ma make a new OU team. I'm going to start with a lead.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Levitate
    Jolly (+Spd, -SpA)
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spd

~ Stealth Rocks
    ~ U-Turn
    ~ Explosion
    ~ Protect

My variation to a Lead Azelf. I would first use Protect if I knew I Fake Out was coming, to ensure my Sash isn't broken. I would then use SR then bang the place up with Explosion or U-Turn to bring him out later. EVs for max Speed and Attack, leftover for SpD.

If you plan on Exploding early, use Fire Blast > U-Turn and change the nature, and add the extra EV's in to special attack. That way, you do decent damage to Skarm/Meta/Rachi/Luke leads. Tran walls you anyway, so set Rocks up and explode.

Quote Originally Posted by xLilith View Post
    If you plan on Exploding early, use Fire Blast > U-Turn and change the nature, and add the extra EV's in to special attack. That way, you do decent damage to Skarm/Meta/Rachi/Luke leads. Tran walls you anyway, so set Rocks up and explode.
    Why would I need to explode when I could switch out with U-Turn? I know this Azelf is weak to Steel, that's why I put on U-Turn, to run away when the going gets tough all I need Azelf is for SR and to wear down the team.

Well, that suggestion was only if you plan exploding early as I said. Otherwise, I like the set.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmi101 View Post
    My RD team as failed me, so I'ma make a new OU team. I'm going to start with a lead.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Levitate
    Jolly (+Spd, -SpA)
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spd

~ Stealth Rocks
    ~ U-Turn
    ~ Explosion
    ~ Protect
    The main problem with this set? You gain the ability to beat lead Infernape and the rarely seen lead Weavile in exchange for allowing Forretress, Skarmory, Roserade, Ninjask, Heatran, Swampert, Gliscor, and pretty much anything that sets up and is outsped and Taunted by standard lead Azelf to set up. However, it is a good idea, IMO, but it would work better with a bulky lead Azelf (something like 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe) and Taunt > Explosion (or U-Turn).

You all have very interesting points but two other members of my team arent meant to survive for long. I thought about trading outrage for draco meteor and fire blast for fire punch.
    Forever loving the complexity of game meant for kids.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    You have the right to whine about it, to talk about it, and plan to fix it. Now shut up and get out there and act on it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Heart Gold Friend Code is as follows: 3052 1238 8006

Shuckle@Leftovers
    Sturdy
    Quirky (nuetral)
    EV: 4Hp 252Def 252SDef
    Gastro Acid
    Rest
    Bide
    Gyro Ball

I mainly use this shuckle with my slaking (as i gastro acid him) but i want to know opinions on him, because i was thinking of teaching him toxic to go with the breloom strategy i posted earlier
    Black FC: 2322 7437 2827

A Shuckle without max HP EVs is a crime against humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by BlingCrosby View Post
    A Shuckle without max HP EVs is a crime against humanity.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by FroggestSpirit View Post
    Shuckle@Leftovers
    Sturdy
    Quirky (nuetral)
    EV: 4Hp 252Def 252SDef
    Gastro Acid
    Rest
    Bide
    Gyro Ball

I mainly use this shuckle with my slaking (as i gastro acid him) but i want to know opinions on him, because i was thinking of teaching him toxic to go with the breloom strategy i posted earlier
    Toxic>Bide
    Protect>Gyro Ball

Besides being Slaking's Anti-Ability, by switching those two moves increases Shuckle's ability to support Slaking (as well as annoying the heck out of the opponent). Toxic Protect allows Toxic to whittle their HP away while protecting yourself every other turn. This lowering of HP better ensures KOs dealt by its massive attack. Substitute is another option if you don't like Protect. With Shuckle's good defenses, it can stay protected longer and let the opponent's pokemon slowly die. You can also Rest your HP back up. I'm not too sure if the Sleep status is negated or not, but regardless, it plays as an amazing support for Slaking in Doubles.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't notice before. Use a beneficial nature over neutral nature. While neutrality brings no changes, beneficial natures brings a higher chance to succeed. I suggest Impish for a boost in Defense in exchange for a lower Special Attak. Seeing that your version or my suggestions does not utilize the Special Attack stat, so that's the safest thing to go with, or you can run Careful which is a boost in Special Defense in exchange for a lower Special Attack.
    Last edited by Eaglehawk; 4th August 2010 at 9:36 PM.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Default My Blaziken Moveset

So I got my hands on a Lonely Torchic, and this is what I have in mind.

Blaziken@Life Orb
    Nature: Lonely
    Evs:252 Attack/ 196 Sp.Att/ 64 Speed
    -Overheat
    -Brick Break
    -Thunderpunch
    -Agility
    Basically, I took Smogon's set and reversed it by using Overheat instead of Superpower, Brick Break for a STAB physical move, and Thunderpunch for coverage. Agility for opening up sweeping capabilities.

Espeon @ Mind Plate
    Ability: Synchronise
    EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Move-set:
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Baton Pass
    Calm Mind

IV's:
    HP: 21
    Attack: 28
    Defense: 27
    Sp. Attack: 26
    Sp. Defense: 5
    Speed: 17

First of all, I know it has the wrong nature, I figured if it isn't hindering its good enough for me. I spent 3 hours getting a female eevee with decent IV's for breeding,
    and with its decent sp attack IV I figured I'd make it my main in-game espeon. Since I already spent more then average time on it I figured I might as well EV train it.
    Now recently I gained an interest in metagame battling which I haven't done yet, but my question is, would this espeon be good enough to be a late game sweeper?
    A sort of finisher / revenge sweeper? If so, should I change the item or move-set?
    Last edited by Nayzira; 6th August 2010 at 9:05 PM.

Might want Substitute > Baton Pass and Leftovers as your item. Something like Hidden Power Ground (if you have it) may be better over Shadow Ball, but it's tier dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by dragontamer98 View Post
    So I got my hands on a Lonely Torchic, and this is what I have in mind.

Blaziken@Life Orb
    Evs:252 Attack/ 196 Sp.Att/ 64 Speed
    -Overheat
    -Brick Break
    -Thunderpunch
    -Agility
    Basically, I took Smogon's set and reversed it by using Overheat instead of Superpower, Brick Break for a STAB physical move, and Thunderpunch for coverage. Agility for opening up sweeping capabilities.
    If you're using a Lonely Torchic, then this seems like a pretty good concept for the set. Still, you might want to go with either Superpower or Sky Uppercut over Brick Break. That extra power does make a difference.

I've been experimenting w/ anti-leads, and thought I'd throw this one out there:

Infernape@Life orb/Focus sash*
    Naughty*/Adamant/Blaze
    252atk/252speed/4HP
    -Fake out
    -Uturn
    -Close combat
    -Flare blitz/flamethrower*

Fake out busts sashes, and w/ excellent predictability can kill off weakened pkmn as a revenge kill. U-turn compliments the sash-busting, scoring a KO on azelf and allowing ape to scout. Close combat has a double effect. As well as hurting the ever-popular lead-aero, it can also be used if you decide to use ape as a sweeper later on. The last 2 moves are based on preference/change the set a bit. With flare blitz, ape becomes a physical lead and the recoil makes the sash useless. With flamethrower, ape can use the sash, and allows'm to get a surprise kill on defensive walls such as weezing. Both of the fire moves also work w/ the anti-lead, killing sleep-rade w/ relative ease.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    No relevance in competitive battling whatsoever. Frenzy Plant (and other Hyper Beam type moves) are completely useless. And you don't have the correct EVs, clearly, just the stats (and even those seem completely off...especially since you only posted HP, Attack, and Defense). Bullet Seed sucks and is outclassed by pretty much any other move, and Leftovers are superior to Shell Bell. Overall? The standard sets are far better. All of them.
    Thanks, but I'll stick with the Bullet Seed. And I'm barely able to understand EVs; I'm new to them.
    Please help hatch my vicious little egg!

Credit to Vshan!

Machamp@PoisonBarb
    Guts
    Hardy
    HP186 A197 D127 SA99 SD117 S96
    Poison Jab
    Return
    Earthquake
    DynamicPunch

I need to know if he is good enough to battle competitively.
    Please help hatch my vicious little egg!

Credit to Vshan!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel View Post
    Machamp@PoisonBarb
    Guts
    Hardy
    HP186 A197 D127 SA99 SD117 S96
    Poison Jab
    Return
    Earthquake
    DynamicPunch

I need to know if he is good enough to battle competitively.
    Not really.

Machamp @ Leftovers
    Ability: No Guard
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 252 HP | 248 Attack | 8 Speed
    Moveset:
    Dynamic Punch
    Stone Edge
    Payback
    Substitute

This is my personal favourite Machamp. Annoys the hell out of teams. Sub up on Pokemon like Tyranitar and Blissey, the proceed to destory all in your way. 8 Speed lets you outrun Blissey. Which can be helpful if Blissey is stupid enough to stay in and Toxic you, only to be lol'd at by Dynamic Punch or Substitute.
    I have claimed Tangrowth.
    He's all mine now, hands off.

Pinsir
    Hyper Cutter
    Jolly Nature (+Spe - SpAtk)
    Super Power
    Swords Dance
    Brick Break
    Toxic

I honestly am still thinking of a item to have pinsir hold but I don't really know what to pick right now.

I picked it to know toxic so that I could poison my opponents, to help weaken them. Swords Dance so that it could bring its atk stat up when there is a switch out. Brick Break to hit pokes when they try to use detect. Super Power, because swords dance plus super power and that is pretty strong. And it can really inflict some damage

not sure exactly why one would be using Swords Dance Pinsir but
    - Swords Dance
    - X-Scissor
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake / Close Combat / Quick Attack

quick attack lol

but as far as i can recall heracross gets SD and does it better so yeah, use it in lower tiers or to be "cool"

I would take Mold Breaker over Hyper Cutter on a SD Pinsir so I can hit levitaters with Earthquake but that is me.

Metagross@Occa Berry

-Stealth Rock
    -Meteor Mash
    -Bullet Punch
    -Explosion
    Nature:Adamant
    240hp,236atk,32spd
    Last edited by The Tyranitar; 12th August 2010 at 9:45 PM.
    Don't mess with Torchic or you'll end up in the Hospital also say yes if Torchich should be OU

Quote Originally Posted by The Tyranitar View Post
    Metagross@Occa Berry

-Stealth Rock
    -Meteor Mash
    -Bullet Punch
    -Explosion
    Nature:Adamant
    240hp,236atk,32spd
    Please explain to me how anything makes this different from standard Occa Metagross. Sure, you have slightly different EVs, but they don't do anything significant that the standard EVs for Occa Lead Metagross don't do other then outspeed opposing lead Meta.

In addition, 4 Attacks Lum, 4 Attacks Occa, and 3 Attacks Lum Metagross are all better then 3 Attacks Occa in terms of how well they compare against other leads.

The only reason to run Occa anyway is to beat Infernape which you can't do anyway since you don't have Earthquake.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast