- Power Trick
    - Stone edge
    - Rest

Trait: Sturdy
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    Use Stone Edge.

But it still doesn't work. Shuckle should just stick to toxistall in SS, maybe using Wrap to actually finish something with the Toxic.
    I don't play 4th Gen or 5th Gen.

My Youtube Channel. Feel tired of 5th Gen, with Stealth Rock, Eviolite, Choice Scarf, and priority everywhere? Come check out some good old ADV OU, where you can waste your time watching battles that go on for more than 50 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander#4 in the thread "Is the God of the Bible Good, Evil or Neutral?"
    I think he rolled Chaotic Neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by meteor64 View Post
    Use Stone Edge.

But it still doesn't work. Shuckle should just stick to toxistall in SS, maybe using Wrap to actually finish something with the Toxic.
    Stone Edge crossed my mind too. It's superior power because of STAB is great. The only downside is the loss of accuracy. Yes it kind of makes up for it with the 150 base power, but if I Sub, then Power Trick, and then MISS the Stone Edge, I won't ever guarantee a single kill.

If he was in a Sandstorm team, or even any team with T'tar as lead, he could be lethal if the Sub and Trick were successful. He'd turn into a Physical Sweeper and a colossal Special Wall at the same time, having a possible 921 Special Defense whilst the Sandstorm is raging (because of the 50% Special Defense boost).

Though perhaps he's better just as a Toxic layer with a T'tar lead.
    Last edited by SoulSilverSolomon; 11th January 2012 at 2:07 PM.
    Hoenn region is the best!

I mean, look at these guys...!!

' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

White FC - 0863 0011 4900
    OU tier / NU tier (no launchers)

Quote Originally Posted by xLilith View Post
    If you're going to hit and run, why are you using Roost?

Outrage/Fire Blast/ExtremeSpeed is fine, but add Earthquake for the last spot so Heatran doesn't wall.
    How do you really want to "annoy opponents with Outrage? You'll be stuck on the field and Outrage is more of a sweep isn't it?
    "Team Plazma ROX!!! We use the most NU pokemon in the game!!!"

i'm playing again HG and i'm working on Umbreon, but... a doubt assailed me: what is better as 4^ move??

Umbreon @Leftovers
    Ability: Syncronize
    Nature: Sassy (-Vel +Sp.Def)
    Ev's: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Sp. Def.

- Heal Bell / Protect / Confuse Ray
    - Curse
    - Wish
    - Payback

which move is better?
    Heal Bell is learneble through Move Tutor, so i would like to be really sure if i go for it. I can heal status and this could be usefull and i also like the combination with Syncronize, because i can scare other pokemons with status moves.
    However, Protect allow me to stall, heal safely and benefit from Leftovers, but also to scout... and it's not bad
    I though also to Confuse Ray, because it's not always simple setting Curse. With confusion i can hope in a free turn or in a switch while i continue to use Curse and, if i need, Wish, but... i don't know if it's the best choise.

I thought to use it in the Battle Frontier with a Fighting pokemon, that could be Heracross (@Choise Scarf - Close Combat, Night Slash, Stone Edge, Megahorn) or Breloom (@Toxic Orb - Substitute, Spore, Seed Bomb, Focus Punch).
    I don't know the third pokemon... For the moment i thought to my old Feraligator (@Muscle Band? Expert Belt? - EQ, Waterfall, Ice Punch, Crunch), but i don't really like it...

My Favourites:

3rd Gen. Here.

I am trying out the SkarmBliss combo and I have a Rest Skarmory, so I was wondering should Blissey have Ice Beam to take out Salamance or Aromatheorpy to heal the Rest? The only other counter I have to Salamence is Gengar with Ice Punch and Slaking that would basically 0HK0 Salamence with Hyper Beam... Would it be a good idea to give Blissey Ice Beam and just give Skarmory a Chesto Berry..?
    Grammar is important. Good grammar is the difference between, "I'm helping my Uncle Jack off a horse." and "I'm helping my Uncle jack off a horse."
    So please, learn how to use it correctly.

Sincerely,
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by A Genius View Post
    Why Combsuken looks like a penis. It doesn't help that he is a chicken and male chickens are called....well you know lol

Quote Originally Posted by KingWiggins View Post
    3rd Gen. Here.

I am trying out the SkarmBliss combo and I have a Rest Skarmory, so I was wondering should Blissey have Ice Beam to take out Salamance or Aromatheorpy to heal the Rest? The only other counter I have to Salamence is Gengar with Ice Punch and Slaking that would basically 0HK0 Salamence with Hyper Beam... Would it be a good idea to give Blissey Ice Beam and just give Skarmory a Chesto Berry..?
    You want standard Bliss-

Bliss @ Lefties
    Bold
    252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 Sp. Atk

-Ice Beam
    -Seismic Toss
    -Softboiled
    -Aromatherapy

All bases covered, although really Ice Beam is for emergencies, Blissey just doesn't stay in on Mence unless it has to. Also, Gengar isn't a Mence counter, and neither is Slaking. Or even Skarm. You need something that can switch in and take 2 hits, which none of those can reliably do. Try a bulky Water like Swampert/Milotic/Vaporeon/Suicune, or if you're really strapped, Cloyster or Lapras.

Oh, and Hyper Beam Slaking is bad. You allow things like DDTar and Agiligross to set up in your face with no fear of meeting a counter.
    I don't play 4th Gen or 5th Gen.

My Youtube Channel. Feel tired of 5th Gen, with Stealth Rock, Eviolite, Choice Scarf, and priority everywhere? Come check out some good old ADV OU, where you can waste your time watching battles that go on for more than 50 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander#4 in the thread "Is the God of the Bible Good, Evil or Neutral?"
    I think he rolled Chaotic Neutral.

Linoone @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Gluttony
    EVs: 262 Atk / 243 SDef / 328 Spe
    Nature: Gentle [?]

- Dig
    - Slash
    - Switcheroo
    - Belly Drum

I like Linoone because it's cute! And being objective, it has titanic atk and speed stats, and in addition to belly drum, it can sacrifice a little bit of itself on exchange to get its atk maximized, so atk combined with high speed has worked very well. Although it has to sacrifice most HP it is dangerous to use it. Switcheroo helps to get berrys from the opponent and his ability gluttony can help him to use the berries right away. His attacks work with almost any kind of pokemon, except bulky ghost pokemon like Gengar (i wonder if theres anything it can do about that)

What do y'all think? I think this pokemon is very underrated!

Garchomp @ Persim Berry
    252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
    Mild Nature -- Sand Veil
    Dragon/Ground
    Move Set;
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Dragon Dance

Garchomp already has great speed and attack, Dragon Dance for support would simply add to its power. Outrage and Earthquake both provide great STAB, and that Persim handles the confusion from Outrage. I could switch out Earthquake for Earth Power but we'll see. Stone Edge has some nice damage, decent accuracy, and covers a little more. It's worked well so far for my team, and has proved itself to be a nice threat to whatever I decide to pit it against.
    I've also put thought into Fire Fang, or maybe even, Aqua Tail(doubtful, I know) to replace Stone Edge.

Salamence @ Dragon Fang
    Ability: Intimidate
    EV's: 252Attack/252Speed/ 6HP
    Jolly nature (+SPD, -SP.ATTCK )

Dragon Dance
    Outrage
    Crunch
    Earthquake

Salamence is my opener, he sets up for dragon dance and his purpose is to easily take out any dragon, psychic, ghost, rock, AND Steel.
    I use him as my All out Sweeper. (he typically wipes out 3 pokemon per battle.)

Platinum FC: 2965 4927 6356

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondMarauder View Post
    Garchomp @ Persim Berry
    252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
    Mild Nature -- Sand Veil
    Dragon/Ground
    Move Set;
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Dragon Dance

Garchomp already has great speed and attack, Dragon Dance for support would simply add to its power. Outrage and Earthquake both provide great STAB, and that Persim handles the confusion from Outrage. I could switch out Earthquake for Earth Power but we'll see. Stone Edge has some nice damage, decent accuracy, and covers a little more. It's worked well so far for my team, and has proved itself to be a nice threat to whatever I decide to pit it against.
    I've also put thought into Fire Fang, or maybe even, Aqua Tail(doubtful, I know) to replace Stone Edge.

It;s FANTASTIC the way it is, DONT CHANGE A THING

Platinum FC: 2965 4927 6356

My lead gliscor

Gliscor @ leftovers
    Ability: Sandveil
    Impish [+def -satk]
    EVs, 252 Hp, 4 spd, 242 def
    - U Turn
    - Toxic
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake

Tried to come up with a useful original moveset for him, he is basically a scout with a dual purpose. Number one is too scout their lead and too is to set up stealth rock. U turn is too do some damage and switch after i stealth rock and toxic up, and earthquake is too give good stab if im in a pinch. intended to be used with a adamant life orb gyarados. suggestions welcome!

my first post on this forum

Hello fellow trainers. I have been thinking about what nature is best for Charizard and after doing some research I am stuck between timid or modest. Which of these natures is best for Charizard?

Secondly, depending on the nature, what would be a good moveset for Charizard? Would this be a good moveset:

Flamethrower
    Hidden Power (Grass)
    Dragon Pulse
    Earthquake

feedback would be appreciated.

If this message does not belong in this thread, please redirect me to the correct thread. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by pokezard View Post
    my first post on this forum

Hello fellow trainers. I have been thinking about what nature is best for Charizard and after doing some research I am stuck between timid or modest. Which of these natures is best for Charizard?

Secondly, depending on the nature, what would be a good moveset for Charizard? Would this be a good moveset:

Flamethrower
    Hidden Power (Grass)
    Dragon Pulse
    Earthquake

feedback would be appreciated.

If this message does not belong in this thread, please redirect me to the correct thread. Thank you
    If youre going with modest, could you get another move instead of earthquake? Its earthquake is a physical move, and im assuming hes being set up as a special sweeper
    ALL OFFERS IN MY SHOP
    My Shop: http://is.gd/SurfingTotodileTradeShop

Soulsilver FC: 2924 8936 3941
    Hours:460
    Personal Shinies:
    The one that got away:
    Online Battles (Win/Lose): 3/0
    Trades (not necassarily online): 382

Quote Originally Posted by Poke_World View Post
    Linoone @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Gluttony
    EVs: 262 Atk / 243 SDef / 328 Spe
    Nature: Gentle [?]

- Dig
    - Slash
    - Switcheroo
    - Belly Drum

I like Linoone because it's cute! And being objective, it has titanic atk and speed stats, and in addition to belly drum, it can sacrifice a little bit of itself on exchange to get its atk maximized, so atk combined with high speed has worked very well. Although it has to sacrifice most HP it is dangerous to use it. Switcheroo helps to get berrys from the opponent and his ability gluttony can help him to use the berries right away. His attacks work with almost any kind of pokemon, except bulky ghost pokemon like Gengar (i wonder if theres anything it can do about that)

What do y'all think? I think this pokemon is very underrated!
    I love underestimated pokemon, but here's your problem. Levitating ghosts are impossible to hit! Try out...

Same Nature
    Shadow Claw
    Slash/Return
    Belly Drum
    (Place coverage for steel type here)

Also, Salac Berry is good, but how will you survive belly drum, and take a hit? You may want to use a sitrus berry instead.

Last thing, those EVs don't add up right, put Max into spd and atk, and the rest into hp for a little more overall bulkiness
    EEVEE WILL RULE THE WORLD

My lead is also my tank, Slaking.

Slaking @ Choice Band

EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk), Truant Ability

- Hammer Arm
    - Earthquake
    - Shadow Claw
    - Ice Punch

Slaking, being the Pokemon with the 3rd highest attack, was an intriguing choice for me because it is nearly the perfect tank, if it wasn't for that stupid Truant ability. His attack is beastly alone, and I've added a Choice Band to make the moves that much stronger. Now, his main use (since my team is surrounding him) is that I will switch him in and out constantly, so I can always rely on a OHKO from him always. Now, move-wise, I wanted to have him more as a Choice-King than a Heal-King, so I gave him the best I could offer. Hammer Arm's speed loss won't effect me too much if I deliver the punch, then switch out, nullifying the lowered speed. Great for taking our normals, rocks, steel, ice, it covers a broad area. Earthquake is a given, for the fact that it has good coverage and a great base power of 100. Shadow Claw is great for taking out those pesky Ghost-types that normally float under the radar of normal types. Lastly, I had to have Ice Punch in here to deal with the deadly Dragon-Types and the threatening fliers like Togekiss or Crobat.

I thought that it was a decent move-set, but the only thing that I don't like about the Slaking itself is the fact that I used Shadow Claw instead of Night Slash. I say this, because Night Slash is a shade better than Shadow Claw, simply because the former can hit Normal Types.

So please, rate my tank/ leader. I haven't tested him with my whole team yet simply because I still need to finish training my last member in order to actually start going through the tower. Thanks!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516