Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Eight Ain't Enough! (388)

MaskedManAbsolkid is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    Eh? The way I remember it, in the Clair episode Pikachu used that tackle-type Thunder for the first time, running on top of the Gyarados's Hydro Pump (not its back), while charging the Thunder, then releasing the Thunder as it slammed into Gyarados's body.
    Oh yeah, he did run up the hydro pump! Anyway, pikachu ran up Milotic, which is another reason why the new series/games/pokemon/etc are like old ones.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

If it's not painfully obvious enough, I wasn't too pleased about how the writers carried out that Grovyle vs Luvdisc thing. It's not that I'm mad of how it happened (there was really nothing Grovyle could do being confused, though I would have perfered the finishing blow would have been Hydro Pump or Water Pulse), I'm angry with the writers for making one of Ash's strongest and best Pokemon lose in such a demeaning way. He wasn't even able to get in a single hit for crying out loud!

Other then that display of humiliation of Grovyle, the battle was pretty good. Corphish showed off some terrific battling skills, Swellow's use of Aerial Ace was great, and it was interesting seeing Pikachu use a tactic he used in a Johto match similar to this.

I would have perfered Grovyle to be the one to beat Milotic, but there's nothing we can do about it. :/

I give it a 6/10 overall. Hopefully Grovyle will regain it's image in future battles.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

Yeah, I agree that the quick loss of Grovyle was the only thing that I've frowned upon in an otherwise a great episode.

I don't get why Juan's using Wallace's old team. Anyway, he says Milotic is his strongest pokemon when in Emerald his strongest pokemon is the same as Clair's-Kingdra!

But this isn't Emerald, this is the animé. It doesn't have to be exactly the same.
    ~

Plus Kingdra already got featured strongly in the Clair gym episode. Milotic is a Hoenn Pokemon so it gets priority.

Having seen it actually in motion. I hated Grovyle's appauling performance even more. What's more, Ash just sat their like an idiot with one of his best Pokemon knocking his head into the sculpture (not running into it K.C) and open to attack. Hesitation means defeat Ash, be quicker on the Draw. Though Corphish laid down the law to that sickening cookie which made me a very happy TBA.

The final battle was the best though. I think Milotic retained her opriginal voice which was very fitting. Then Pikachu's final thunder was great though the janitor is going to throw a fit when he sees the damage. Then Pikachu's Dragon Slayer pose on top of Milotic.

Aside from the stomach turning start, this was one of the best battles of AG.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

The Team Rocket subplot of this episode was amusing. James dressing up as Juan? Genius! Did this episode confirm James' sexuality when he kissed the girl's hand? (lol)

Grovyle suffers his most embarrassing loss in this episode, tough luck. Swellow and Pikachu were the two most impressive in this episode overall, they showed a lot of neat wins.

The movesets used were good, as we finally see some moves like Recover, Tickle, Twister, and others that we don't see too often. Is it just me or was almost every Pokemon in this battle slammed against a wall or the cieling when they lost? Ouch.

Rain Badge = Triforce! Ash has the Courage like Link.

And at the end we discover that the Hoenn league takes place in 3 months in Evergrande, and May finds out her next Contest is in Pacidiflog town.

On another note, May's chest was awfully big in that last segment where Ash got the Rain badge. I could hardly pry my eyes away.

Good battles overall.

This episode was good after watching it just now. I forgot Swellow's part of the battle. This episode is about IMO 9.0. I think it Grovyle was fine in this episode. It's understandable speaking of which have they really touched on the issue of confusion before like they did with Grovyle. Everything went well. Aden does well with an english accent. Good thing 4 kids picked up on that unlike Nintendo whom named him Juan. The only slip up I noticed in the dubbing was in the first part when Aden ordered Hydro beam.
    Last edited by ghost master; 28th January 2006 at 5:17 PM.

I'll write my thoughts in this episode. I can understand why people were upset Grovyle lost to a Luvdisc. It's not that Grovyle battled bad. It's that in comparison to Pikachu, Swellow, and Corphish's matches Grovyle did nothing. Pikachu took contless Twister, Hydro Pump, and Iron Tails from Milotic. Not to mention all the damage it recieved from Sealeo and Seaking. It battled like a Zapdos on steroids for crying out loud!

I'm sorry, I didn't like this ep much. Especially at the end when Pikachu THREW Milotic....BS to the extreme. Juan cockiness was annoying (lol), to me anyways. I give Swellow and Corphish props out of the team.

AdvanceX.deviantart.com

^
    So true~ ;D

My original feelings on the Pikachu vs Milotic win were a little skewed in the past. But after witnessing it in action, I'd say the blow is a lot softer just thanks to the sheer coolness of how Pikachu flipped Milotic and then blew its brains out. Take that you serpent of the Damned!

If I had to guess, the voice that James used as 'Juan' is the voice many would prefer be his natural dubbed voice all of the time. It had that elegant and snobby tone after all.

Bravo for getting the attacks right. Water Pokemon in pools of water are a toughie though. Thanks to the attack Dive, it is hard to exactly be sure what the difference is between the attack and a normal 'going under the surface'. Let's pray they never implement a 'Dodge' move.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

It was a good idea for Kids WB to show the Adan(NOT JUAN) Gym battles consecutively. It would've killed me waiting for the second one another week ;-;

I didn't mind Grovyle's loss that much, really. For one thing, it gave spotlight to one of the most sadly neglected Pokémon ever, Luvdisc. And second, Luvdisc did a good job in battling it. It wasn't as though Grovyle did badly, it's just that Luvdisc did better. Once Ash figured out Adan's strategy, he wasn't so easily surprised by Luvdisc's tactics. Grovyle acted as somewhat of a stunt dummy, to see what Luvdisc would use so Ash could follow up with a counterattack to those attacks.

Speaking of which, I adored Luvdisc's dub voice. Very fitting and quite adorable.

Milotic's voice was also spot on, IMO. Beautiful voice for a great Pokémon. 4Kids really put some effort into this two-parter, and I can't say how glad I am for that .

I especially liked the Corphish vs. Luvdisc fight. It was an excellent exchange of attacks, and was quite fast-paced(but not to the point of rushing). Swift Swim being mentioned also gets a thumbs up from me.

Brock struck me as rather pessimistic in this episode. When Max and May were cheering for Swellow, Brock noted(while SMILING, nonetheless o_o) that Milotic was likely to counterattack. And counterattack it did, defeating Swellow with that Twister. Maybe if Brock had spoken up, Swellow wouldn't have gone down.

Speaking of which, Swellow did an excellent job in this episode. I particularly enjoyed the slow motion part where Whiscash was about to submerge and Swellow was coming at it with an Aerial Ace. Quite amusing XD

Recover has a great animétion, IMO. Much better than the pathetic-in-comparison Recover Misty's Corsola has.

This was the only time in the entire two-parter where Adan was even slightly cocky. His remark about the Twister being powerful, while most certainly true, struck me as rather unsporting. Perhaps it was just me, though >_>

I liked Pikachu's conquering of Milotic. Granted, the flip was a little unrealistic, as Pikachu shouldn't be able to lift something that heavy, but it was still awesome.

The vortex of water colliding with the ceiling during the final attack was also amazing. It made quite a dramatic effect before Pikachu rose victorious.

This really was a good TR scheme. If they had bothered to actually maufacture some Adan badges, I suspect they would've gotten away with this.

Blastoise appearing was a welcome surprise. Of all the Kanto starters, I like Blastoise the most, and it hasn't appeared for some time.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forget to mention how hard I laughed when Whiscash used Tickle. Swellow's expressions during the attack and during the initial extension of Whiscash's whiskers were absolutely hilarious. Not to mention, it was also a good move on Adan's part to immobilize Swellow while Whiscash charged up a powerful attack like that.

Overall rating:
    9.7 out of 10
    An excellent Gym battle, overall. Decent animation, great Pokémon, and an awesome Gym Leader. This is precisely why I prefer Hoenn Gym battles to Kanto Gym battles. The effort put into the episode is evident in every move the Pokémon make

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Last edited by ≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈; 28th January 2006 at 5:31 PM.

This episode was better than the previous one. Whishcash was awesome. I never thought Whishcash could use its whiskers to grab stuff. Also, I thought the part where Swellow used Aerial Ace underwater was cool. I REALLY love Milotic and this episode made me love her even more (Milotic always seems to be a female pokemon to me, like how Nidoqueen is always female). As much as I like seeing Ash prevail in gym battles, I SERIOUSLY thought he overdid it with Milotic. This was probably the first time I say, "Curse you Ash!!!!"
    BTW, what was that attack that Whishcash used (along with surf) to defeat Corphish?????????

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer
    This episode was better than the previous one. Whishcash was awesome. I never thought Whishcash could use its whiskers to grab stuff. Also, I thought the part where Swellow used Aerial Ace underwater was cool. I REALLY love Milotic and this episode made me love her even more (Milotic always seems to be a female pokemon to me, like how Nidoqueen is always female). As much as I like seeing Ash prevail in gym battles, I SERIOUSLY thought he overdid it with Milotic. This was probably the first time I say, "Curse you Ash!!!!"
    BTW, what was that attack that Whishcash used (along with surf) to defeat Corphish?????????
    That was Rock Smash. IMO, Spark would've made more sense, since it looked like it and it would've done a bit more damage to Corphish(being a Water Type and all). Still, we don't see Rock Smash all that often in the animé, so it's a good choice

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer
    I remember Juan telling it to use Rock Throw/Smash (forget which)...but it looked NOTHING like it XD;;; My bet- a flat out Body Slam

AdvanceX.deviantart.com

^
    So true~ ;D

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    Aden does well with an english accent.
    English Accent huh? I know I said something about that last year when this originally aired in Japan. Anyway *melts* <3 Adan (never will anyone see me call him Juan).

I need to throw up or something so I can go home...damn 3 more hours of work.

Oh, and <3 Adan!
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Rock Smash, I believe. Pah, correct me if I'm wrong; I was half-asleep. x_X

I must say, I loved this battle... 5 on 5 rocked.

While I'm not mad about Grovyle losing, I was shocked seeing how quickly it was knocked out... Yeah, Juan did seem a bit... cocky. Or maybe just very confident, from the "Ice Ball won't break" to the "The match is over" with the water twister one... o_O

Overall, good eppy. It kept me guessing and awesome use of Recover.

Pah!!! Beaten on the rock smash thing... It took me 10 mins to write this. o___________o;
    Thanks to whoever made this. <3

Actually, you didnt prove squat. You see, I find a being, all-powerful, all-knowing, constant, eternal, residing outside of space, time, and logic to be a lot more logical than a big explosion created the universe by accident.
    Logic, eh? Also, note the "residing outside of space, time and logic to be more logical" part.

Something residing out of logic to be more logical... Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    Milotic's voice was also spot on, IMO. Beautiful voice for a great Pokémon. 4Kids really put some effort into this two-parter, and I can't say how glad I am for that .
    Let me know if I'm jumping the gun here.

It sounds like you are implying that 4Kids! was responsible for Milotic's voice. Well, that wasn't the work of 4Kids!, that was the original voice. Listen closely, you'll be able to here an 'r' in there. Mirotic. Flat-out Engrish.

As for Rock Smash, it was assumed (by me at least) that the act of smashing Corphish into the rock allowed for Rock Smash. If that had been normal ground, then they could not have gotten away with it.

The reason it looks so much like Body Slam is because it used the same setup as Body Slam. So one can't be blamed. But recall that it was the Surf attack that gave Whiscash the necessary speed to smash into Corphish. A regular Body Slam attack would, most likely, not have required that.

As for Whishcash grabbing the pillar... It's called Whiscash for a reason! Its whiskers are in the same league as Tangela's vines.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    You're not, it kept its original voice :P

Milotic also said Kross like the end of its japanese name. So they kept the original voice3 which rocked.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I didn't expect Pikachu to throw Miloltic over. That is like a Super Smash Brother!

Can someone tell me what was the Trainer's Choice for thie episode?

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction

It sounds like you are implying that 4Kids! was responsible for Milotic's voice. Well, that wasn't the work of 4Kids!, that was the original voice. Listen closely, you'll be able to here an 'r' in there. Mirotic. Flat-out Engrish.
    No, you misunderstood(more than likely due to my poor wording).

I meant that 4Kids made some good decisions about voices in this, whether it was dubbing or retaining. Luvdisc's voice was excellent, and so was Adan's. Milotic's was indeed the original one, and it was a great idea for them to keep it, because I doubt they could find a dub voice that matches up to that.

Sorry for the misinterpretation.

EDIT: The Trainer's Choice was: "Which one of these Pok&#233;mon isn't a Water Type?" And the choices were Golduck, Milotic, and Castform. And yes, they did choose Castform as the correct answer.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Okay part two now!

Such a great gym battle overall. In fact, this gym battle was the best one IMO for all of Hoenn. I'm so glad that I gotta chance to see Milotic in action again. It has been way too long.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Did they make an underwear reference here?! Meowth said those women would have bought Juan's socks. Don't socks count as underwear?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast