Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Eight Ain't Enough! (388)

Quote Originally Posted by Riva
    Did they make an underwear reference here?! Meowth said those women would have bought Juan's socks. Don't socks count as underwear?
    Sounds to me like you got into Juan's private stash of happy drugs.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Riva
    Did they make an underwear reference here?! Meowth said those women would have bought Juan's socks. Don't socks count as underwear?
    ^I believe Meowth said the women from his head down to his penny loafers (meaning shoes)

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

No, that's what he said about James's impersionation of Juan.

Wow... interesting convo here... Anyway, I wonder why the screenwriters decided to use Juan instead of Wallace as the gym leader? They both use water Pokemon and respect the artistic flair of using them. It was cool when James disguised himself as Juan. Another one of the stupid Rocket plans that have intertained us throughout the years.... This gym battle was the best! First, a 2- on- 2 battle, then 3 single battles. Awesome!

Volt Tackle Guest

For one second Grovyle actaully looked a little like Sceptile when confused (because of the red below his eye, later it was pink).

Favorite PAB Episode. I loved both pikachu and Milotic that battle was very epic.     Spoiler:

Why is the English title called that?

I liked this episode and the pun for the title was "Eight Is Enough" off of an old movie

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

It mean It Ain't Enough (?) ;\ ;\ ;\

This episode wasn't as *good* as I anticipated for, but was a bit okay.

8/10

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    Wow... interesting convo here... Anyway, I wonder why the screenwriters decided to use Juan instead of Wallace as the gym leader?
    half-assed Emerald reference, I assume, just like including both Magma and Aqua...
    Diamond Team:

I <3ed Swellow in this episode. That diving into the water was so unexpected; my brother and I were were like - D:!
    Anyway, loved this episode. Animation was great and the battle was "jump-ouy-of-your-seat" exciting. Pikachu throwing around Milotic like a rag doll was also unexpected but amazing as well.
    Team Rocket was...annoying? They didn't really do anything, but I could care less about them during this episode. They really interrupted my concentration on the battle. =/
    Luvdisc was exceptionately cute and did great battling, despite what people around here say about it. >=/
    Grovyle had a disappointing defeat, but I don't really care for Grovyle anyway. It wins enough as it is, it can pass this one. Just a slip up.
    Corphish was really great to. Made me realize how great a battler it has become.
    Overall, this episode really showcased all of Ash's Pokemon and where they stand pretty much on the strength meter...all in time for the Hoenn league. Excellent.
    10/10 says I.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

OMG...I just had to watch it twice. <3 Adan

For the record, he didn't sound very British to me...just sounded refined. All I have to say is the pics don't do these two episodes any justice whatsoever. I knew what happened, and I was still amazed (or was I just punch-drunk by seeing Adan? hmm..). I can't believe just how incredible it was.

The writers could have totally had Grovyle and Corphish survive a lot longer than they did. Its a shame they didn't...could have been an all-out battle (like Drake/Dragonite in Orange Islands).

Adan was sexy as imagined (a British accent would have totally driven me crazy). The battle was excellent. So long Clair...there's a new favorite gym battle for me.

<3 Adan!!!!
    <3 Adan
    <3 Adan
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

Grr dangit I am never watchingan episode 1/2 asleep ever again.

Poor James, always loosing his bottle cap collections when they are in need.

Ash is an idiot for letting Grovyle bang his head like that.

Milotic used Twister two times and both were different. When using Twister on Swellow it came out of its mouth, against Pikachu it used its tail.

Good, Adan called it Ever Grand City and not Ever Granday city like some people thought it would be. I just can't picture it being like Ever Granday City.

Preview for next episode:     Spoiler:
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

The Grand Finale Arc begins with Chapter 109.

Ash will capture this thing.
    Mark my words

I thought it was a pretty good episode because the battle lasted a long time ^.^ Milotic was great, but too bad it lost! 9/10 for the overall episode.

Okay, the double battle/single battle or whatever had strange rules regarding how many are out and all that, but it wasn't that big a deal.

James dressing up was hilarious, reminds me of that awesome Johto episode "Will The Real Oak Please Stand Up". James' voice always pulls down on any of his performances nowadays, but it didn't hinder his Juan imitation as much as it could have.

Seeing that Blastoise come out was definately a treat, since it's my favorite Pokemon. ^^

As for the battle, it was pretty good. Pikachu flipping Milotic over was unexpected and kinda freaky, but cool.

Meh, I can't give much of a review how many days late... 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Having seen it actually in motion. I hated Grovyle's appauling performance even more.
    Not to get into the talk about Grovyle's defeat (which has been covered a great deal), but I did want to note how incredibly awesome its spinning Leaf Blade looked in this episode. I loved the animation and sound effect when it rammed into the water/floor. Man if it had managed to hit Luvdisc with that it would have been the end I bet.

Though it seemed Ash's line was quite appropriate and designed to appease fans and Grovyle alike "I won't let all your hard work go to waste!"

The final battle was the best though. I think Milotic retained her opriginal voice which was very fitting. Then Pikachu's final thunder was great though the janitor is going to throw a fit when he sees the damage. Then Pikachu's Dragon Slayer pose on top of Milotic.
    One great thing about this gym battle is that Pikachu proves several times again to be a very special Pikachu. Some fans claim the show has forgotten this aspect of it, but episodes like this prove otherwise. Even though the flipping of Milotic was very wierd to look at and no explanation was given for it, but we should at least remember that Milotic doesn't weigh as much as it looks like it does. But anyway we have:

*Pikachu blasting the final Ice Ball, Juan claiming it will be impossible for it to block one that large and powerful*
    Ash: "Thunder Full Power!"
    *Ice Ball isn't just blocked, it shatters*

*Pikachu is caught in a watery Twister, Juan believes the match to be over, no opponent can recover from that trap... Pikachu proceeds to let out so much power it vaporizes the Twister*

And Swellow of course continues to be our beloved juggernaut. Seeing him get hit by that Hyper Beam, tear through the ground and collapse a pillar than fly up like nothing happened would have been a bit unbelievable for most Pokemon but with what we know about Ash's Swellow it just seemed "right." And then he goes and breaks the rule of "being beaten by the second opponent with ease" by actually doing some damage before going down.

I finally watched the second half, and it only took an extra day. Anyway, AWESOME fight. Swellow and Pikachu rocked in this episode, and I'm glad Ash finally got his eighth badge. Team Rocket was great too in this episode. I especially loved James as Juan. It was neat when he hit on the girls, and LOL when he kept the Juan voice while blasting off. It was great to see Wobbuffet out of his pokeball the entire episode again (like the Ho-oh episode) too.

Overall, 9/10, again because I'm not that into gym battles. Bring on the wynauts next week!
    My Shinies: NEW!! 7/24 NEW!! 7/26 NEW!! 7/29
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: Black1 White1 Diamond Pearl quad hunt
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

A while ago about after the episode Ash beat Wattson for the badge i stopped watching this show but then from time to time i watched some of it. So in consequence i missed a lot of the episode but i've been watching them since it came on cartoonnetwork. Well, i just saw this episode this morning on Kids WB and this battle with Juan was so awesome. So much intense fighting and strategies and it has probably become my favorite battle that Ash ever had. Ash's Pikachu and Swellow were awesome. But what also really impressed me was Juan and his skills in battling and also his beautiful Milotic. This episode was way impressive. Loved it.
    I will be leaving Serebii Forums at the end of this year. I no longer can keep up with Serebii with my busy schedule.Though I am up for trading and battling.

Friend Codes:
    Diamond: 2793-3418-5480
    Pearl: Soon to come
    Platinum: Ditto

Great battle scenes all the way to the finish.

I love Milotic, it's my favorite. And I was happy to see it on the show, even though it wasn't very well drawn. But I did not enjoy the way Pikachu defeated it at all. And not because I'm playing favorites, I just see it as physically impossible. Pikachu flipping Milotic over its head in midair? I don't care what kind of momentum it had, it just wouldn't work. It'd be like watching a Psyduck pick up a Gyarados. This episode was subpar at best.

dis was a great battle episode, is wallace in the anime??
    Hmmmm....

I cant wait for the dragonball movie! Justin chatwin as Goku! NOOOO! they must americanize EVERYTHING!
    uLtIMaTe PoKeMoN!

So the cable summary for this episode has an interesting mistake...

"In fierce battle Ash sends out his last Pokemon, Pikachu, to fight Adan's Milotic."

...Adan? How did the cable summary people find out that name?
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by The end of nothingness View Post
    dis was a great battle episode, is wallace in the anime??
    No he wasn't. He doesn't even appear in the anime.

Ash always wins. Except when he loses in one of the last battles of the pokemon league.

Cross over to the golden side...

credit goes to milotic111 for the awesome tc
    [IMG]http://i6.*******.com/243nwgm.jpg[/IMG]
    Say 'ello to ma little friend! (made by sapphireL, thanx baby!)

Yes Ash won his Eighth Badge, what a exciting battle for Ash to win his last badge in, Misty would be proud of him doing so well in in a Water type gym. Speaking of Misty it's too bad she didn't get to see this battle she would have been very excited by it. Juan definitely made Ash think on his feet not giving an inch to Ash, though Ash was able to pull it out in the end by using Pikachu's momentum to flip Milotic into the water and then use a maximum Thunder attack to finish it off, also poor Grovyle getting pawned by Luvdisc like that. Well now it's on to May's next contest and the Hoen League for Ash I wish them good luck.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Meh, it was ok. I pretty much stopped watching it after Grovyle got PWNZED by Luvdisc, but I've seen it before. Yeah.....lol I've been tuning in and out and this episode is pretty overall good.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast