Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Eight Ain't Enough! (388)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenKirby
    Just great! Grovyle loses a damn Luvdisc! A LUVDISC!! One of the worst pokemon ever. Even worse it was with a damn water gun after Sweet Kiss. What the hell is this!? Now the Treecko line just lost a whole lot of popularity! This is worse than Johto Photo Finish. Even worse I cannot visit the site without looking at a ugly picture of May.
    Not a good idea to jump to conclusions without actually watching the episode yourself. Grovyle hit itself several times in confusion (banging its head), then took a Water Gun which, due to its confusion, it was completely unprepared for.

I hope people don't keep focusing on this and ignoring how awesome the battle as a whole was.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Indigo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeballs
    maybe next season(if it continues w/ ash) maybe ash will make a vow to um... not use pika in gym battles or sumthing
    Oh, please get real.

Maybe Ash'll switch around his team in the future so Pikachu won't always be in there. But that's too much to ask, isn't it?

BTW, Geodude, I love your sig. I just really wanted to say that.

Episode looks awesome, especially Pika flipping Milotic lol and the Swellow fight
    now that i think of it, isn't this the first time Swellow has been ko'd in a battle?

I myself like the Pika but even i think he is overused :/
    maybe next season(if it continues w/ ash) maybe ash will make a vow to um... not use pika in gym battles or sumthing
    uh no it lost to brawly in match one when it was a tailow.

Geodude: you've got to understand that a lot of people are upset with that fact since most people hate it that Grovyle lost to Luvdisc, and that is why they can't focus on the battle, the only thing i will agree that was cool was swellow beating the crud out of whishcash.

Indigo Guest

isn't this the first time Swellow has been ko'd in a battle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    uh no it lost to brawly in match one when it was a tailow.
    Notice the big bold letters.

I glad Corphish kicked the living yoo-ha out of the cookie fish. After beating Grovyle, it deserved no mercy. Go Corphish >

Though I guess I really shouldn't complaint because I'm a fan of Magnemite and Castform.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    Geodude: you've got to understand that a lot of people are upset with that fact since most people hate it that Grovyle lost to Luvdisc, and that is why they can't focus on the battle, the only thing i will agree that was cool was swellow beating the crud out of whishcash.
    That really shouldn't have been too much of a surprise. Not to knock Grovyle here, but Adan is portrayed as the last and toughest Gym Leader for a reason. People should not have been expecting a guaranteed win. Adan knew exactly what he was doing when he sent out Luvdisc.

And thanks Indigo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    I glad Corphish kicked the living yoo-ha out of the cookie fish. After beating Grovyle, it deserved no mercy. Go Corphish >

Though I guess I really shouldn't complaint because I'm a fan of Magnemite and Castform.
    Why do you call Luvdisc a cookie fish, then again that idea does seem correct...too bad Corphish didn't eat it.

Geodude man i was only tring to explain why most people foucus on that more than the battle, i was not tring to argue with you in anyway.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 22nd January 2005 at 3:22 AM.

That's ok, I know what you were saying. Still, it's erroneous logic, and I wanted to refute it before more people jumped in and agreed.

Cookie fish? Luvdisc is obviously a sideways heart. Not sure where people are getting this cookie thing from.

No comments on Swellow's underwater Aerial Ace?

I would have called for a rematch if I were Adan. There's NO WAY Pikachu should be able to use a move like that...overhead toss it used. I think you should call for a rematch if your opponent BENDS THE LAWS OF PHYSICS.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    I would have called for a rematch if I were Adan. There's NO WAY Pikachu should be able to use a move like that...overhead toss it used. I think you should call for a rematch if your opponent BENDS THE LAWS OF PHYSICS.
    Dude..Pokémon ALWAYS breaks the laws of physics. o_O; A Water Gun can actually cause a bomb-like explosion. Considering Pikachu did the impossible, I'd say it'd be rather childish to say "DO OVER! PIKACHU DID SOMETHING I NEVER THOUGHT IT'D DO EVEN THOUGH IT DID IT!" o_o;

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Torchic

Oh and I was one of those people in the specualtion Thread that also wanted Ash to use Torkoal! Guuu Torkoal! You Rock! ^.^o
    me too but everyone*coughedwardelriccough* was saying he is too slow so he will lose instantly! Gooo Torkoal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Torkoal Stu; 22nd January 2005 at 8:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    do you honestly think a gym leader that just lost would be in any position to demand a rematch? If it was Asuna, sounds like a possibility (no offense, but she was so new at it that she didn't even realize she can't freely switch Pokemon). Adan though, no, I do not see him doing such a childish thing.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

On its own, Pikachu has won THREE Gym matches. Tsutsuji, Tessen and Adan. Not counting Fuu and Ran since that's wasn't on its own. Kimori did the job against Touki, Heigani against Asuna, and Oosubame against Nagi. So really, who's the glory hog when they've all had their fair share of wins? Not to mention, Pikachu's lost against Yarukimono TWICE (even though it KO'd Yarukimono the second go), Meg (Asuna's Magumaggu), and Pelipper (another double KO). So really, I don't see what's all the b.itching about Pikachu hogging the spotlight.
    okay, so pikachu got the glory (because GLORY is something you get when you beat the last pokemon of the opponent) 3.5 times (because you wouldn't count the fuu/ran battle as its own) out of 8 gyms.

HOW ON EARTH IS THAT NOT HOGGING THE SPOTLIGHT?

ash has 6 pokemon, right? so it's good for the viewers for a pokemon to get 1 or 2 finishes in a gym battle, or maybe three. four gym glory-takings, especially for a pokemon who's been around forever and hogged plenty of spotlight before, it isn't pretty at all.

but let's not get too much hot headed, because this is seriously turning into a mod vs non-mod battle.

I have agree that Pikachu has been the nail in the coffin too much.

I also don't think Adan would call for a rematch. Ash won fair and square (even if by total fluke).

I mean, what's wrong with you people?

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Dude..Pokémon ALWAYS breaks the laws of physics. o_O; A Water Gun can actually cause a bomb-like explosion. Considering Pikachu did the impossible, I'd say it'd be rather childish to say "DO OVER! PIKACHU DID SOMETHING I NEVER THOUGHT IT'D DO EVEN THOUGH IT DID IT!" o_o;
    Eh, dude. I think Blackjack was joking when she made that post. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Was Juputoru slamming its head against the pillar the first time the anime has actually shown a confused pokemon "hurting itself in its confusion?"
    Kind of, Ash's Tauros got confused in the Orange League and started to bash its head into boulders, but it has such a hard skull that it didn't suffer much damage from that, Ash just called it back because it was unable to battle in that state.

[/quote]The only victory I really disagree with is Ohsubame's victory against Namazun (it took a freakin' Hyper Beam from point blank and acted as if nothing happened to it). And while I question Pikachu's ability to just sort of flip Milokaross over, its victory wasn't as unbelievable as some of the others.[/quote]
    Did anyone really read my former post? I'd like to know if you at least hated or liked it? (not specifying Dogasu in any way, it is a general remark), see below (post altered somewhat), as it may apply to how Swellow took the hit too:

I assume that the people noting that Grovyle couldn't move are trying more to say it could make no effort to defend, to even brace its muscles for the impact. I'm reminded of an episode of Yu Yu Hakusho (a fighting anime), where Yusuke is hit hard by a blast of energy and is rocketed back to end up in a pile of concrete rubble. Moments later he leaps back out, with hardly a scratch on him, but notes that if he hadn't had his guard up the attack would probably have killed him.

My point is, merely being able to anticipate an attack can greatly reduce damage in a real fight. In another fight on Yu Yu, Kurama keeps fighting long after he was expected to by intentionally letting non vital areas of hsi body get wounded to block vital areas, all due to an awareness of where and when an attack would come and how it would hit. Grovyle was completely blindsided it seems.

And anyone who's played the games knows that the damage a Pokemon gets from "hurting itself in its confusion" (i.e Grovyle slamming his head into stone) can be quite nasty, especially if that Pokemon is powerful. ^_^

Still, I wish they had had the Luvdisc use Ice Beam or Blizzard to win. But lets all hope that this loss encourages Grovyle to train even harder.

<><><>

On another note I will say again that it shouldn't surprise people that Pikachu beat Milotic. The last gym was a Water type gym, Pikachu is the strongest Pokemon Ash has that is strong against Water types. It was practically destined to play a major role from the very beginning. Similarly, Charizard's power and Dragon abilities made it the star of the eighth Johto gym battle.

More easons Pikachu was the only logical choice for beating Milotic under the circumstances given follow:

1. Pikachu is without a doubt the overall most experienced and strongest member of Ash's travelling team right now, all the others are (presumably) younger and (definately) less experienced. It should be expected to pull off a good number of trump-card victories just as Charizard did in previous seasons.

2. Pikachu has a natural advantage over Water types, but whats more, by being in the conductive water it can intensify the attack and send it into the entire field, making it impossible to dodge and greatly increasing damage.

3. Milotic is a extremely powerful, Gyarados-level creature, and this one was owned by a very experienced trainer (older and more traveled than Norman by the looks of it). From the beginning I was quite certain Pikachu was the only one who had any chance of defeating Milotic, although I thought that they just might have it weaken it a lot then have another Pokemon deliver the final few blows, but really I think I prefer this as it is more climatic.

4. Ash's Pikachu IS the mascot of Pokemon as well as a unique member of its species. We should accept it will be getting star-worthy victories until the end of time (or the series, whichever comes first). I say its better than some of the semi-unbelievable defeats it suffered in Johto (i.e one Night Shade from a Gastly). It isn't as though others haven't been able to star as well. Yes, Pikachu gets an unfair number of big battles, but that unfairness should be understood in light of the fact that Pikachu is the beloved Mascot and the most experienced member of the team.

However, I share others hopes that Ash's team will strengthen by the time of the tournament so that his Hoenn Pokemon aren't overhadowed by earlier, more experienced Pokemon like in the Silver Conference (as enjoyable as some of those battles were). As it is, his Hoenn Pokemon team is stronger than his Johto one at the point of the eighth gym, proven by how much better they did compared to his travelling team at the eighth gym in Johto.

And I like what Murg pointed out, that Pikachu was the only one on the team with an attack (Thunder) effective and powerful enough to knock out Milotic before it could Recover.

I hope this episode will be as good as it sounds

What exactly did Ash say to Pikachu before it flipped Milotic into the water? I need a translation to refute some people who are saying that Pikachu used Seismic Toss.

Factory Head Noland Guest

Isn't it weird that Adan has the same Pokemon that Wallace has in R/S? (Random, I know).

I think the battle between Swellow and Whiscash was AMAZING! It was such a skillful battle! I thought Swellow wouldn't be able to battle after it was hit by Whiscash's Hyperbeam but it just shows how strong Swellow is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonisgr8
    Isn't it weird that Adan has the same Pokemon that Wallace has in R/S? (Random, I know).
    No, not really. Adan IS his teacher, after all. o.O

Oho, also would like to point out that the final battle was between two Pokémon that are the strongest partners of their trainers.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    I need a translation to refute some people who are saying that Pikachu used Seismic Toss.
    I never said that it was seismic toss, I said it was probably the closest thing to that move that we'll ever see pikachu use.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

I wasn't referring to you, Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    What exactly did Ash say to Pikachu before it flipped Milotic into the water? I need a translation to refute some people who are saying that Pikachu used Seismic Toss.
    "Force it into the water!"

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    "Force it into the water!"
    So... pokemon are using psyenergy ("force") from the world of Golden Sun now? Kidding!
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

I'm done the guide, and Murg has agreed to look it over. It should be up with Serebii's next update.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast