Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Eight Ain't Enough! (388)

No, not really. Adan IS his teacher, after all. o.O
    Really? That's news to me. Where does it say that?
    I thought Wallace wasn't mentioned at all.

Quote Originally Posted by frednmethod
    Really? That's news to me. Where does it say that?
    I thought Wallace wasn't mentioned at all.
    me too i mean how dose everyone know that has it been proven?

It's been said since Emerald came out last year in Japan. o_O
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

A couple of milestones in this ep...

-This is the first time that Surf has been officially ordered in the main series.
    -This ep also marks the debut of Tickle.

Also, I like the continuity with James and his bottlecap collection. We haven't seen that since Johto.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    -This is the first time that Surf has been officially ordered in the main series.
    Wasn't Surf used by a Psyduck in one of the Orange Islands episodes? And as I recall, a Remoraid used it in Octillery's debut episode during the Whirl Island arc~

Ok, finally got to see this one and the battle was really awesome. I was kinda surprised Juputoru didn't last longer than it did, but whatever. Thank god the writers actually came up with something for TR to do that doesn't involve stealing pokémon. I would have been very dissappointed if they had ruined the episode by having them barge in with a giant mech. On another note, I really liked the music they used at the end when Adan is giving Satoshi his badge, it's just a nice piece. Overall, good episode, great battle, and I guess that's all I have to say.XP
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Wasn't Surf used by a Psyduck in one of the Orange Islands episodes? And as I recall, a Remoraid used it in Octillery's debut episode during the Whirl Island arc~
    Neither of them were actual commanded attacks. Nobody even said "Hey, that's a Surf attack!"

Huh,I didn't realize that,I thought they did have Surf in the show.But Psyduck still did surf,right?

Yup. Not to mention there was also a Surfing Saidon. So Surf isn't exactly anything new. Althought Rock Smash does look different. Namazun glowed a yellow color as it used the attack to finish off Heigani. Compared to the simply smashing the ground with a body part like Shigeru's Nidoqueen did.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

So who used Tickle?
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

Wiscash used tickle. I believe it's the only pokémon that can learn it.
    ~

No, a couple other Pokes can learn Tickle. And my summary is now up on the main site, go read it.

[img135]http://members.shaw.ca/GeodudesPokeShots/ash/ag112tickle.jpg[/img135]

Ok, I stand corrected. I had no idea so many pokémon could learn tickle. o_O
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Wiscash used tickle. I believe it's the only pokémon that can learn it.
    Thanks but then is the Pokedex for Whiscash wrong? I don't see Tickle on it http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/340.shtml, and when it comes to that move Aipmon would seem to be the most useful with Tickle.
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

I've played all of the Pokemon games and haven't heard of this move before... what effect does it have in the games/anime?
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Yes, Serebii's Pokedex is once again wrong. Whiscash learns Tickle at level 1, which means a wild Whiscash (which can't be caught without a cheat device) might have it as a starting move...otherwise you need the Move Tutor and a Heart Scale to get it.

Tickle lowers the opponent's Attack and Defense.

According to Pokemon Forever, Aipom, Omanyte/Omastar, Tangela, and Whiscash learn Tickle.
    Last edited by Geodude; 23rd January 2005 at 10:51 PM.

Yeah I know Aipom says it hence why I said it in my post lol since My one from Colosseum might have it lol.

Well, I have come to terms that this battle WAS in fact awesome, but my mind seemed to have rejected the fact all this time because of how grovyle was defeated.

Even though I still wish that Grovyle could have beaten with a more powerful attack, after a more decent struggle, I won't deny that the battle on the whole was awesome.

And I was glad that Swellow didn't faint after the hyper beam, as we've seen it survive bombardments of hyper beams before (Winona's). In the games, Swellows are really weak in terms of defense, but I guess Ash's Swellow is a really unique kind of Swellow (like that electric resistance ability).

Actually, Oosubame only took one Hyper Beam from Nagi's. It dodged the others that were fired.

Woohoo James's bottlecaps make along awaited debut in Hoenn!

Ehem on a serious note now, Ash's got his 8th and with May's final ribbon is just round the corner, we getting ever closer to the finalé of Hoenn now. Unfortunaltey for most of this episode, I was a bit slow in noticing that the other Adan appearing out the battle was James and not not Adan himself, I was getting a bit confused as if it were a serious of flashbacks that had no relevance to the battle whatsoever lol. The battle itself was long, endurance counted alot here for all participating Pokémon. Infact, it must've been one of the longest battles seen in the animé. Disappointed in Grovyle even if it was confused with Sweet Kiss, thought we might've seen it a least try and counter-attack. I'm ok with Pikachu getting the limelight, it's traditional heh, but it looked a bit unrealistic to it flip a 360-pound Milotic over it's head into the water, but nevertheless it gave us a good finale.

Adan's voice actor rocked.

I hope his voice actor rocks in dub when it comes too. <3 Adan

Quote Originally Posted by frednmethod
    Well, I have come to terms that this battle WAS in fact awesome, but my mind seemed to have rejected the fact all this time because of how grovyle was defeated.
    Even looking past Grovyles defeat, after watching both episodes I still thought the whole Gym match was actually pretty lacklustre myself. The only part of the match I really enjoyed was Swellow's effort in defeating Whiscash and thats not much considering this was spread over two episodes. I just didn't find this to be half as exciting as any of the other Gym battles, and I suppose thats partly down to it being somewhat predictable.
    Also, I thought it sucked that the majority of the time Sealeo and Miltotic were just....floating there x.x;

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter
    Woohoo James's bottlecaps make along awaited debut in Hoenn!

Ehem on a serious note now, Ash's got his 8th and with May's final ribbon is just round the corner, we getting ever closer to the finalé of Hoenn now. Unfortunaltey for most of this episode, I was a bit slow in noticing that the other Adan appearing out the battle was James and not not Adan himself, I was getting a bit confused as if it were a serious of flashbacks that had no relevance to the battle whatsoever lol. The battle itself was long, endurance counted alot here for all participating Pokémon. Infact, it must've been one of the longest battles seen in the animé. Disappointed in Grovyle even if it was confused with Sweet Kiss, thought we might've seen it a least try and counter-attack. I'm ok with Pikachu getting the limelight, it's traditional heh, but it looked a bit unrealistic to it flip a 360-pound Milotic over it's head into the water, but nevertheless it gave us a good finale.

Adan's voice actor rocked.
    Of course he did. Rocked, I mean. Sho Hayami is a very professional, and may I say, awesome seiyuu. Maybe not as great as say, Shinichiro or Ishida Akira, (And Koyasu-sama. <3) but still pretty good.

Also, I thought it sucked that the majority of the time Sealeo and Miltotic were just....floating there x.x;
    I will agree that I wished Milotic moved around more, it also looked too fat in some scenes. It's the old Gyarados syndrome again. With rare exceptions (the Red Gyarados two-parter) the only times we get to see a Gyarados move around a lot is in a big budget movie. Hopefully Milotic will appear in one.

Though it looks like the animation for Milotic's Hydro Pump was good, what with how the water rose around it from the force of the attack.

so you think ash will ever get a sceptile, crawdaunt or a glalie?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast