Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 262

Thread: Eight Ain't Enough! (388)

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaziken's_charizard
    so you think ash will ever get a sceptile, crawdaunt or a glalie?
    wrong place to say this and i would run as Edward Elric is probably going to yell and scream at you.

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaziken's_charizard
    so you think ash will ever get a sceptile, crawdaunt or a glalie?
    Off-topic. Go here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/newforu...read.php?t=309

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    23,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    wrong place to say this and i would run as Edward Elric is probably going to yell and scream at you.
    Why does everyone assume I'm some crazed guy who does nothing but yell and scream? --;

    Anywho, interesting thing I've noticed. Adan's VA has voiced two characters that are VERY similar to eachother. What do I mean? Let's take a look, shall we?

    [img135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/archdan.jpg[/img135]
    On the left is Frank Archer from Fullmetal Alchemist and on the right is Adan from Pocket Monsters AG. Here are their similarities:

    • Both characters are voiced by the same man.
    • Both characters have stylish, slick hair.
    • Both characters have the same, thin eyebrows.
    • Both characters have slightly closed eyes.
    • Both have the SAME bulbous chin.
    • Both wear blue outfits.


    Quite funny, no?

    3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    The makers of Pocket Monsters must really like playing around with their seiyuu's background (either that, or they intentionally got Frank Archer's seiyuu because Adan, being an already-existing game character, had some coincidental similarities). I mean, way back in the 5th episode, they related a scene in Fushigi Yuugi to Takeshi's family, since Takeshi's seiyuu also did that particular FY character. I think I recall hearing that there've been some other seiyuu jokes throughout the series, but I can't remember what they are. I gotta wonder if we'll ever see Satoshi wear a Sennen Ring around his neck XD?

    Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

    I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    23,263

    Default

    Maybe. I forgot to add in that both are quite high in their rankings (Archer being a Lt. Colonel and Adan being the last Gym Leader) and both act in a refined manner.

    3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Why does everyone assume I'm some crazed guy who does nothing but yell and scream? --;

    Anywho, interesting thing I've noticed. Adan's VA has voiced two characters that are VERY similar to eachother. What do I mean? Let's take a look, shall we?
    (image snipped)
    On the left is Frank Archer from Fullmetal Alchemist and on the right is Adan from Pocket Monsters AG. Here are their similarities:

    • Both characters are voiced by the same man.
    • Both characters have stylish, slick hair.
    • Both characters have the same, thin eyebrows.
    • Both characters have slightly closed eyes.
    • Both have the SAME bulbous chin.
    • Both wear blue outfits.


    Quite funny, no?
    O.o Adan's eyebrows don't look very thin to me...
    Diamond Team:

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    23,263

    Default

    Sorry, not thin. x_X Meant they've got a similar shape to them. That's what I get for not paying attention to what I type.

    3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

  8. #183

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Why does everyone assume I'm some crazed guy who does nothing but yell and scream? --;


    because that is what you would usally do! who do you (or anyone) think will do Adan voice in the dub?

  9. #184
    Gryphon Turboclaw Guest

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Why does everyone assume I'm some crazed guy who does nothing but yell and scream? --;

    Anywho, interesting thing I've noticed. Adan's VA has voiced two characters that are VERY similar to eachother. What do I mean? Let's take a look, shall we?

    [img135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/archdan.jpg[/img135]
    On the left is Frank Archer from Fullmetal Alchemist and on the right is Adan from Pocket Monsters AG. Here are their similarities:

    • Both characters are voiced by the same man.
    • Both characters have stylish, slick hair.
    • Both characters have the same, thin eyebrows.
    • Both characters have slightly closed eyes.
    • Both have the SAME bulbous chin.
    • Both wear blue outfits.


    Quite funny, no?
    For some reason, I'm suddenly thinking of Major Altell(sp?) from Zoids: NCO...

    Some notes/questions about this battle:
    -----I *can* understand Grovyle getting creamed by Luvdisc(the latter's essentially a water-type Jumpluff), though I would have greatly preferred that Ash had been successful in recalling the beleaguered raptor.
    -----Whiscash's finisher against Corphish was Rock Smash? The yellow glow around the fish has me thinking "Spark Attack".
    -----I particulary enjoyed reading about Swellow's demolition of that aforementioned Whiscash...who'd have thought that a swallow pokemon could such a good impression of a cormorant or a loon?
    -----During the final phase---Pikachu vs. Milotic---how come Adan never had Milotic use Mirror Coat? Given his substantial expertise, he had to have know that the sea serpent could learn it; also, it would have rendered Pikachu's Thunder---and Thunderbolt, by extension---all but useless(think those Thunders were painful? Double the strength and drop them on *Pikachu*).

    Overall, an impressive gym battle episode(no interference from TR this time!), but marred by holes one could drive Team Aqua's Antey-class through...

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    23,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon Turboclaw
    -----Whiscash's finisher against Corphish was Rock Smash? The yellow glow around the fish has me thinking "Spark Attack".
    It was indeed Rock Smash.

    3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    outskirts of Wylie Texas
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon Turboclaw
    -----During the final phase---Pikachu vs. Milotic---how come Adan never had Milotic use Mirror Coat? Given his substantial expertise, he had to have know that the sea serpent could learn it; also, it would have rendered Pikachu's Thunder---and Thunderbolt, by extension---all but useless(think those Thunders were painful? Double the strength and drop them on *Pikachu*).
    Indeed, it may have been an even better defense than Milotic already had, perhaps they thought Mirror Coat and Recover was too much? It's acceptable since Mirror is a special egg move in the game and thus needs special training in the anime.

    However, there are various good reasons. For one a Pokemon using Mirror Coat does take damage, full damage in the game and some damage in the anime. For another, we've seen that Pikachu has learned how to under some circumstances recieve electric attacks (i.e when it absorbed Nosepass's Zap Cannon and sent it back). Imagien that, Milotic sends back a doubled Thunder only to have Pikachu ram all the energy back at it (before it could charge another Mirror Coat.

    Thirdly, we've seen with Counter and Mirror Coat that it can be gotten past if a foe attacks quickly enough or from an unexpected angle (unlike the games where it always works if the user is still conscious).

    And finally, since Milotic was in water, sending back the Electricity would send some into the water around it (since Thunderbolt and Thunder are rather massive, not thin beams and Mirror Coat tends to send energy back in a large mass), and thus potentially electrocute it (depending on the nature of the Mirror Coat shield).

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,477

    Default

    It does look good, as the battle looks fascinating, but part of it was copied from a previous episode. Pikachu ran up Milotic's back, like Pikachu did with Gyarados in the battle against Clair.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stuarthillman
    because that is what you would usally do! who do you (or anyone) think will do Adan voice in the dub?
    Either Ted Lewis, Eric Stuart, Jimmy Zoppi or Matt Miller. I'd place my bets on Ted Lewis... Eric tends to do the more goofy characters, such as James, Brock and Pegasus, Jimmy does... *thinks* rather nasely sounding characters, such as Haga-sama from Yu-Gi-Oh (As a matter of interest, Haga-sama's Japanese voice is done by the woman who does Raichu. XD) and Todd/Gary/Mr. Major. As for Matt Miller... I have no idea. I'm still placing my bets on Ted Lewis.

    Why those four? Because 4Kids rarely bring in new VA.

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Going OT Alfonso who do The English Dub Yu-Gi-OH! know as Haga-Sama is that uhm Weevil, Rex Raptor, Espa Robo or someone else. I excpect Adan to be done by a Serious voice.
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Either Ted Lewis, Eric Stuart, Jimmy Zoppi or Matt Miller.
    Matt Mitler's a great voice actor, it wouldn't suit him to do Adan though, we need a more sophasticated voice actor(whoever did Brago from the Pokémon Poacher brothers would be a brilliant choice!) I think everybody liked Gary's dubbed voice, even the anti-dubbers. Although Matt Mitler's contribution towards Pokémon is somewhat questionable, I think he was asked "Who's your favourite character?" and replied "I couldn't care less". Hmm sums him up I guess.

    We could also just get a new voice actor altogther, but I like the guy who did Brago anyway.

  16. #191

    Default

    I can see Ted Lewis doing it...or Eric Stuart.(Who are the other guys?)

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Any Clue on the Approximate Age of Adan even though it should go in the Age thread lol, Blaziken Trainer Here is Jimmy Zoppi's TV Tome Voice List Mainly Gary Oak, Weevil Underwood, Lumis, Todd, Dr. Namba and Steven Stone stick out the most IMO. As for Matt Milter, Thatcher, and Pryce only in Rage of Innocence stick out the Most IMO.
    Last edited by Swellow; 1st February 2005 at 2:14 AM.
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,347

    Default

    Who did Ted Lewis do in Pokemon or Yu-gi-oh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swellow
    Any Clue on the Approximate Age of Adan even though it should go in the Age thread lol, Blaziken Trainer Here is Jimmy Zoppi's TV Tome Voice List Mainly Gary Oak, Weevil Underwood, Lumis, Todd, Dr. Namba and Steven Stone stick out the most IMO. As for Matt Milter, Thatcher, and Pryce only in Rage of Innocence stick out the Most IMO.
    I'd say he's about in his mid-30's. hmm...37

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    Who did Ted Lewis do in Pokemon or Yu-gi-oh?



    I'd say he's about in his mid-30's. hmm...37
    let me see
    Pokemon:Tracey,Giovanni, misc.
    Yu-gi-oh: Bandit Keith, Bakura, Alister, misc.

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swellow
    Going OT Alfonso who do The English Dub Yu-Gi-OH! know as Haga-Sama is that uhm Weevil, Rex Raptor, Espa Robo or someone else. I excpect Adan to be done by a Serious voice.
    *SEMI OFF TOPIC ALERT* Shu, Edward, shu! *pokes* Haga-sama, or rather, Insector Haga, is Weevil Underwoord. For reference point, Rex Raptor is Dinosaur Ryuzaki and Espa Roba is... Esper Roba. XD

    Eh, no. Jimmy Zoppi was Pryce. If you listen, you can clearly see, or rather, hear, that is voice is an altered Nanba voice. (Which in turn is similar to Haga's/Weevil's voice.) Unless you meant Tyson, of course. Although, even he wasn't done by Matt Miller... Tyson was Ted Lewis. 100% sure, since I know the Yami Yugi voice when I hear it.

    I think it's about time 4Kids got their a*ses in gear and hired some new blood. You know it's pretty bad when Dogasu can predict what voice they would give a character before the episode was even shown.

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,347

    Default

    Hmm...Bakura & Bandit Keith mix. A British sounding guy with a scratchy voice...

    <3 Adan

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    653

    Default

    And I'm pretty sure the Dude from that Tyrogue episode was Yami Yugi it sounded Very Familiar.
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    23,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    *SEMI OFF TOPIC ALERT* Shu, Edward, shu! *pokes* Haga-sama, or rather, Insector Haga, is Weevil Underwoord. For reference point, Rex Raptor is Dinosaur Ryuzaki and Espa Roba is... Esper Roba. XD
    Eh? ;-;

    Quote Originally Posted by Swellow
    And I'm pretty sure the Dude from that Tyrogue episode was Yami Yugi it sounded Very Familiar.
    And Norman and Mewtwo (TV Special Mewtwo that is). I believe Prof. Birch as well.

    I certainly hope Adan's voice isn't touched by Eric Stuart. x_x; He'd absolutely kill the good name of Adan.

    3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Eh? ;-;


    And Norman and Mewtwo (TV Special Mewtwo that is). I believe Prof. Birch as well.

    I certainly hope Adan's voice isn't touched by Eric Stuart. x_x; He'd absolutely kill the good name of Adan.
    Ha ha, just kidding Edward. It's just that so many people seem to be getting on your back, for you know, actually *doing* your job, I just thought I'd poke fun at it a little. That, and since you're one of the most active of the Anime Mods, you were most likely the one to first notice myself going Off-Topic, so... ^_^o I have a stick ready to poke you should you tell me to get back On-Topic, which... I already am, so everything's okay! Moving on...

    I agree. On the comment regarding Eric Stuart. I may HATE the way Ted Lewis used the Yami Yugi voice so frikken much in Master Quest, but at least he can be serious. James' voice at the moment just erks me. Especially in 'The Winner by a Nosepass', where it was... evil. SHOVEL! SHOVEL! SHOVEL! -_- That's why I think Ted Lewis should do James if the Origin of Truth and Love is ever dubbed.

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    outskirts of Wylie Texas
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolkid
    It does look good, as the battle looks fascinating, but part of it was copied from a previous episode. Pikachu ran up Milotic's back, like Pikachu did with Gyarados in the battle against Clair.
    Eh? The way I remember it, in the Clair episode Pikachu used that tackle-type Thunder for the first time, running on top of the Gyarados's Hydro Pump (not its back), while charging the Thunder, then releasing the Thunder as it slammed into Gyarados's body.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •