Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1300

Thread: Kingdom Hearts Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I've always considered Sora on par with the Keyblade Masters anyway, well maybe minus old man Xehanort, who's bound to be above everyone in KHIII. But everyone else? Sora's got just as much skill if not more. From what I've seen from Aqua, another Keyblade Master, I didn't see much difference, other then the title.
    Never underestimate Aqua's invincible rolls. While No Heart goes all DBZ on you, Aqua can just keep rolling like it's nobody's business. Aqua is much stronger than Terra and Ventus, and no doubt she's also stronger than Sora currently. Riku's the only who's mastered dark powers so far, so he's most likely too OP. I bet Aqua can still own him though.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    Never underestimate Aqua's invincible rolls. While No Heart goes all DBZ on you, Aqua can just keep rolling like it's nobody's business. Aqua is much stronger than Terra and Ventus, and no doubt she's also stronger than Sora currently. Riku's the only who's mastered dark powers so far, so he's most likely too OP. I bet Aqua can still own him though.
    Aqua stronger then Sora? That is debatable. Sora has fought super bosses as well. He's fought 4 on 1 matches, and he has the Drive Forms and can use two Keyblades in them. He's fought Xemnas, Ansem, Sephiroth, Lingering Will, the Phantom, pretty much the entire Organization XIII, and he's used the Keyblade just as good as anyone else before him. I'd say Riku and Sora are tied for strongest. Not to mention everyone is counting on him to save them. So that pretty says how important he is.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

^ It's true Sora's important since he has ties to save everyone, but the strongest Keyblade wielder stuff is debatable. By gameplay mechanics, Sora is indeed stronger than any other character, but I digress. I don't really care who's stronger than who as long as the story and characters are enjoyable. That's what drew me to the series in the first place. Plus Disney.

Image by もちづき
    ...Your tender smile and our petty squabbles...
    Just how much are all those supposed to have toughened me up?

I say Mickey is the strongest xD I haven't played through Birth By Sleep, even though I know what happens, but I'm hoping I get 2.5 for Christmas so I can play through it.

///

Pokegym Credit: Azulart (gym badge),FairyWitch (Userbar)
    Trinity Credit: AstralShadow (personal banner and trade shop button) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & Sworn Metalhead (symbol)

Mickey is certainly the most agile Keyblade user. Anyway I wasn't trying to start a "who's strongest" Keyblade user thing. Overall I don't care that much about it. I was just saying the whole Keyblade Master title thing seems unneeded. Those who aren't a "master" seem to be pretty powerful without the title anyway. Sora and Roxas come to mind of being strong with their Keyblades without that title, and Sora saved the world twice without being a master. So I fail to see what the difference is with the title. If anything the desire to be one just brings out ones darkness, like it did with Terra. That's all I'm really saying. I don't really care who's the strongest. I'm more interested in the story.

And as far as story goes, I'm really interested in what happens in KHIII, but I'm still really curious about what kind of story we'll get after the Xehanort Saga. I know that's probably a way off but I can't help but wonder what will be our next big story in the KH Universe.

I think the Master title is just a way of saying that they have, well, mastered their Keyblade. Its very true that Sora is strong even though he doesn't have the title yet, but as evidenced in Dream Drop Distance, he wasn't able to resist the darkness as well as Riku, so perhaps Yen Sid felt he had to improve that resistance before bestowing that title to him.

I too am curious what will happen after 3, but I'm hoping they don't do the old "use their kids" routine. I'd like it to still be Sora and the others, but maaaaaybe introduce us to up and coming keyblade users.

///

Trinity Credit: AstralShadow (personal banner and trade shop button) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & Sworn Metalhead (symbol)

Aqua's been in the realm of darkness for over a decade, and it's been mostly undocumented except for the small section in the Secret Epsode and the teaser for BbS Volume Two, which never happened. Who knows what she's been doing behind the scenes. It's not like she wouldn't be able to defeat the enemies Sora fought. BbS was a PSP game, so they couldn't really have a flashy or agile battle style like in KHII.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by dragontamer44722 View Post
    I think the Master title is just a way of saying that they have, well, mastered their Keyblade. Its very true that Sora is strong even though he doesn't have the title yet, but as evidenced in Dream Drop Distance, he wasn't able to resist the darkness as well as Riku, so perhaps Yen Sid felt he had to improve that resistance before bestowing that title to him.

I too am curious what will happen after 3, but I'm hoping they don't do the old "use their kids" routine. I'd like it to still be Sora and the others, but maaaaaybe introduce us to up and coming keyblade users.
    I would certainly like to see some new Keyblade users. Not that I want to get rid of Sora and friends, no. But some new stories to add to the series will be nice after KHIII. Maybe they'll actually save the new princesses for after KHIII

And Void Ventus, I wasn't trying to say Aqua was weak or anything, but the same thing could be said about Sora too. It's not like he doesn't have the skills to beat the same enemies Aqua fought too. But what dragontamer44722 said about the darkness makes sense.

Mickey is certainly the most agile Keyblade user. Anyway I wasn't trying to start a "who's strongest" Keyblade user thing. Overall I don't care that much about it. I was just saying the whole Keyblade Master title thing seems unneeded. Those who aren't a "master" seem to be pretty powerful without the title anyway. Sora and Roxas come to mind of being strong with their Keyblades without that title, and Sora saved the world twice without being a master. So I fail to see what the difference is with the title. If anything the desire to be one just brings out ones darkness, like it did with Terra. That's all I'm really saying. I don't really care who's the strongest. I'm more interested in the story.

And as far as story goes, I'm really interested in what happens in KHIII, but I'm still really curious about what kind of story we'll get after the Xehanort Saga. I know that's probably a way off but I can't help but wonder what will be our next big story in the KH Universe.
    To be fair, Sora seems to just be a "vessel" for hearts; i.e Ventus (which created Roxas) and Kairi. It makes me wonder if Sora is perhaps a broken soul to begin with, or if he's really even there.
    Though in the case of Terra, I think the general desire for greater power just for the purpose of becoming stronger "corrupts" the heart. We see this in Riku in the first title, and in the games following he's in a constant struggle with his own inner demons. I do get what you mean about the Master title. Even though Riku earned the title of Keyblade Master, it doesn't really distinguish any real difference from any other Keyblade wielder. At the end of DDD, you see Lea/Axel is worthy of wielding one, and in KH2 so is Kairi. I think DT made a valid point there about Sora learning to resist the darkness better.

Aqua's been in the realm of darkness for over a decade, and it's been mostly undocumented except for the small section in the Secret Epsode and the teaser for BbS Volume Two, which never happened. Who knows what she's been doing behind the scenes. It's not like she wouldn't be able to defeat the enemies Sora fought. BbS was a PSP game, so they couldn't really have a flashy or agile battle style like in KHII.
    Do you think Aqua will have some power to control (or at least manipulate) the darkness like Riku has as a result of this?
    IGN: Reavis FC: 1005-9620-0912 (Y/OR) Friend Safari: (Grass): Pansage, Swadloon, Gogoat
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by LeafeonTheVoid View Post
    To be fair, Sora seems to just be a "vessel" for hearts; i.e Ventus (which created Roxas) and Kairi. It makes me wonder if Sora is perhaps a broken soul to begin with, or if he's really even there.
    Though in the case of Terra, I think the general desire for greater power just for the purpose of becoming stronger "corrupts" the heart. We see this in Riku in the first title, and in the games following he's in a constant struggle with his own inner demons. I do get what you mean about the Master title. Even though Riku earned the title of Keyblade Master, it doesn't really distinguish any real difference from any other Keyblade wielder. At the end of DDD, you see Lea/Axel is worthy of wielding one, and in KH2 so is Kairi. I think DT made a valid point there about Sora learning to resist the darkness better.

Do you think Aqua will have some power to control (or at least manipulate) the darkness like Riku has as a result of this?
    Dragontamer44722 point about the resistance of darkness makes the most, and to me, the only sense about master title. Aqua didn't have visible darkness, and Riku overcame his. So that makes sense that they earned their titles. Because being a master certainly can't mean saving the world twice, beating other uber bosses, and sacrificing your own heart to save your friend.

Dragontamer44722 point about the resistance of darkness makes the most, and to me, the only sense about master title. Aqua didn't have visible darkness, and Riku overcame his. So that makes sense that they earned their titles. Because being a master certainly can't mean saving the world twice, beating other uber bosses, and sacrificing your own heart to save your friend.
    Just makes you a really good friend in the KH world I guess xD Anyhow I'm sure its a given Sora will become a master at some point.

///

I'm uber pumped to see the game play for KH3. Have you seen FFXV so far?! Dude, those fluid movements and live action are INTENSE! I can't wait to see how the battle system will work, especially with the whole Heartless surfing aspect in the early teaser.
    IGN: Reavis FC: 1005-9620-0912 (Y/OR) Friend Safari: (Grass): Pansage, Swadloon, Gogoat
        Spoiler:- Credits:

I think that Sora would be the better between him and Aqua. The sheer power of his enemies seems to be greater than that of Aqua's. Not only that, but Sora hasn't had the Keyblade too long. A year and then some. Terra and Aqua are equal in terms of strength, relatively, and Sora beat the Lingering Sentiment which has Terra's will imbued into it. Just my two cents on the topic.

I think Nomura has stated that Sora will stay the protagonist after Kingdom Hearts III if I remember correctly, or it might have been him saying that Sora will be that protagonist in Kingdom Hearts III. Either way, I hope the wait for Kingdom Hearts IV won't be the same as it is with Kingdom Hearts III. It's been nine years since Kingdom Hearts II was released. Please no more projects like Final Fantasy Versus XIII/Final Fantasy XV.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafeonTheVoid View Post

He is. BbS happened 10 years before KH1, and Sora and Riku were already 3-4 years old before Terra even entered Destiny Island and met with them.

And who knows. Only the very first few hours of Aqua being trapped in the realm of darkness is ever documented. We get a teaser fo BbS Volume Two which would have shown what Aqua did in that decade long gap, but it's yet to be told. We see Aqua again after Sora and Riku defeat Xemnas, but she's still stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    I think that Sora would be the better between him and Aqua. The sheer power of his enemies seems to be greater than that of Aqua's. Not only that, but Sora hasn't had the Keyblade too long. A year and then some. Terra and Aqua are equal in terms of strength, relatively, and Sora beat the Lingering Sentiment which has Terra's will imbued into it. Just my two cents on the topic.

I think Nomura has stated that Sora will stay the protagonist after Kingdom Hearts III if I remember correctly, or it might have been him saying that Sora will be that protagonist in Kingdom Hearts III. Either way, I hope the wait for Kingdom Hearts IV won't be the same as it is with Kingdom Hearts III. It's been nine years since Kingdom Hearts II was released. Please no more projects like Final Fantasy Versus XIII/Final Fantasy XV.
    Aqua has only been in one game so far, while Sora has been in 4, so of course he'll have more enemies. And Aqua is without a doubt stronger than Terra. Heck, she's the one who stopped Terranort. And this is before he had amnesia.

I don't remember Nomura talking about the future of the KH franchise after III other than KHIII will be the end of the Xehanort saga. And team that did BbS and now doing KHIII is not doing anything FF related. IIRC it's the KHII team doing FFXV right now.

I still think KHIII could be the last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    I think Nomura has stated that Sora will stay the protagonist after Kingdom Hearts III if I remember correctly, or it might have been him saying that Sora will be that protagonist in Kingdom Hearts III.
    I strongly suggest taking what Nomura says with a grain of salt. If everything he said was accurate, we would have had KHIII as a PS3 exclusive.
    Last edited by SBaby; 12th December 2014 at 5:59 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    I still think KHIII could be the last game.

I strongly suggest taking what Nomura says with a grain of salt. If everything he said was accurate, we would have had KHIII as a PS3 exclusive.
    That depends wholly on Disney, since they basically own all of the franchise (even Sora and all the other original characters) except for the FF and TWEWY related stuff, of course.

To be honest, I kind of hope they decide to end the series with KH3. As much as I'd love for the series to continue, I think it will be hard to top the entire mythos and character twists that was introduced in the Xehanort saga. I feel like if they drag the series on, it might lose its authenticity.

...Plus, English VAs aren't getting any younger. Hypothetically speaking, it would really suck if some of the VAs were replaced to voice some of the main characters (barring characters that are already played by multiple VAs). Namely, my worry is with HJO since his voice seems to be getting deeper with each new entry getting pumped out (his Re:Coded Sora in the new cutscenes is notably deeper than when he voiced Sora in DDD). I grew up with him as Sora and it would properly bother me if he got replaced since he gave Sora (and Vanitas) their character in the English versions. But as Void Ventus pointed out, the fate of the series continuation after KH3 will depend on Disney. =/

Also, off the current topic, I was doing the Cavern of Remembrance dungeon and I was pretty much one room away from entering the last room with the Org rematches when my fricken game froze. Took me an hour or longer (haven't been tracking; it's three in the morning now) just to get there, but now I have to do it again and go through the hordes of Heartless and Nobodies! I just want my Org rematches gosh darnit! D: Holy crap, it's a good thing I saved before entering the dungeon though; I was leveling up my forms and sticker/treasure hunting beforehand and that took me at least six hours to do! =_= /rant

Image by もちづき
    ...Your tender smile and our petty squabbles...
    Just how much are all those supposed to have toughened me up?

I'll be perfectly fine with more KH after the Xehanort saga. What authenticity exactly when there are still active franchises like Metal Gear, Mario, and Zelda that have past or nearing their 30th Anniversary.

...But KHIII is set after KHI, II, ReCoded, and 3D. It's perfectly fine for the VOs to start sounding older when you know, the characters they are voicing are also getting older. There are only 2 new cutscenes in ReCoded HD, while there are dozens of other scenes where HJO still had his <20yr old voice. At least it wasn't as big a change as Sora KHI to KHII because HJO hit puberty in that 4 year span.

That final room full of Nobodies is painful, especially the third section. I think the waves last up to 12 or 13 waves. The Dragoons are super duper easy to defeat, and those dancers, while hard hitting and aggravating, are still easy to dodge. BUT then those magicians come in, and that's when the real battle starts. Those dudes are Grade-A mother effers.

Finally got my BbS Platinum! That s 3/4 KH Platinums now, and 5/6 KH 100%s. Just gotta get back to ReCoM someday and get the rest of the cards still missing, level up both Sora and Riku to Lv100, and create 300 Rooms.

I'll be perfectly fine with more KH after the Xehanort saga. What authenticity exactly when there are still active franchises like Metal Gear, Mario, and Zelda that have past or nearing their 30th Anniversary.

...But KHIII is set after KHI, II, ReCoded, and 3D. It's perfectly fine for the VOs to start sounding older when you know, the characters they are voicing are also getting older. There are only 2 new cutscenes in ReCoded HD, while there are dozens of other scenes where HJO still had his <20yr old voice. At least it wasn't as big a change as Sora KHI to KHII because HJO hit puberty in that 4 year span.
    It's not about VAs sounding older though. It's about the fact that well, the franchise has really run its course, and it just seems like the time is right for the series to ride off into the sunset. And honestly, there isn't really going to be a better time for that to happen than with KHIII, since every established storyline in the KH franchise is set to be brought to a final (and probably pretty definitive) conclusion with this installment.
    A Winner Is You!!!

- Bruce Lee

- Willie 'Jack' Degel

You know KH III won't be the last, if anything I'd expect at most 2-3 more games before they call it quits. Square's got no issue milking this franchise.

Story can't honestly get any worse lol, he'd have to try.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

I'm fine with more Kingdom Hearts after 3 as long as its not an OBVIOUS milking of the series. If they come up with a viable plot, with good characters, then I'll toss whatever amount of money they want at them xD

///

Personally I think stories can still be done with Kingdom Hearts. Even if you create new Keyblade characters. Because I'll be honest, after KHIII I wouldn't mind if Sora did take a backseat or at least play a Riku like role, of working behind the scenes and then later shows up as a party member for a new hero. I think you can push this series beyond the Xehanort saga. Again they could make a new storyline with the new Disney Princesses if they are not in KHIII and have a new Keyblader meet them and half way through Sora, Riku, and the familiar faces join the storyline.

Me personally, I don't even think Kingdom Hearts is even close to ending in what they can do. The only thing I see ending is the Xehanort Arc. That might be at a end, but IMO KH can go beyond Xehanort.

Me personally, I don't even think Kingdom Hearts is even close to ending in what they can do. The only thing I see ending is the Xehanort Arc. That might be at a end, but IMO KH can go beyond Xehanort.
    I have no doubt that it is capable of going beyond Xehanort. But there's a difference between what a series can do and what a series should do.
    Last edited by SBaby; 15th December 2014 at 7:32 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

- Bruce Lee

- Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    I have no doubt that it is capable of going beyond Xehanort. But there's a difference between what a series can do and what a series should do.
    I think Kingdom Hearts can survive without Xehanort. The games are fun and very popular. There are plenty of new Disney worlds that can be added and again, new characters they could create as Keybladers if they think Sora and his friends have gone far enough. So I fully support Kingdom Hearts lasting beyond Xehanort. If they want to end Sora and Riku's storyline with Xehanort then hey, go ahead. But this series still has a lot of life in it, so I can't wait to see what storylines we get beyond Xehanort.

I think Kingdom Hearts can survive without Xehanort. The games are fun and very popular. There are plenty of new Disney worlds that can be added and again, new characters they could create as Keybladers if they think Sora and his friends have gone far enough. So I fully support Kingdom Hearts lasting beyond Xehanort. If they want to end Sora and Riku's storyline with Xehanort then hey, go ahead. But this series still has a lot of life in it, so I can't wait to see what storylines we get beyond Xehanort.
    Assuming the same quote where Nomura said he has loose plans for things beyond the Xehanort Saga still hold any weight (the interview where he said that is something like four years old at this point, isn't it?), he also said he intends for Sora to remain the protagonist throughout.

I don't see a problem with KH going past the Xehanort Saga, in theory; like TheBattleFrontierAsh1 said, it isn't like KH has some God tier level of storytelling to maintain or anything. But I'm more concerned with KH III than what (BBS Vol 2 if anything) lies ahead of it.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152