Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Community POTW #19

Well i am so sad that Leavanny just isnt that good. I used it to advance through the main storyline but when teams a well rounded and multityped its really is useless. So i have decided to go with an idea on swadloon cause he was annoying to level up but a good tank if used right:

Swadloon@Evolite
    Camouflage (get rid of horrible defensive typing)
    Payback (so your not tauntable)
    Toxic (just to be annoying)
    Rest (used with leaf guard to really have fun in the sun)
    IV's just make sure it has horrible speed so payback gets its double power
    Ev's 252 to each defense and four to HP
    use this set with leaf guard and a sun team for a different and slightly unexpected Toxic stall
    Will Reiterate that leaf guard and sun is real important because it allows you to heal, couple that with camouflage and youll be in for a while.
    one counter i can think of is Coballion cause it resists toxic and gets a boost off of payback so just watch out for that if you use it
    Will breed dream world ability females for evolution stones and other items. if intrested PM me
    Female DW pokes i have:

also looking for a tornadus loan to get landlos

Volcarona is gonna be BL min.
    It has an excellent move pool and Stats.
    But back on topic, ^Max HP is better than Max Defenses for Leavanny.

@TheAwesomeOne
    if you were posting to me. my set is for swadloon hence the evolite
    Will breed dream world ability females for evolution stones and other items. if intrested PM me
    Female DW pokes i have:

Oh, but HP is still better.

but evolite is maximized with higher defense in each because 50% of a larger number makes a larger boost overall to its defenses. and if the defense is really high the amount of damage done to the hp would be reduced
    Female DW pokes i have:

Ha Leavanny. Cool because I have an untouched shiny chlorophyllic jolly sewaddle( in sig). I will definately use him as my set up.

Photosynthesis do your thing!
    Jolly
    Heat Rock
    Chlorophyll
    252 atk 252 speed 4 hp
    Sunny Day
    X-scissor
    Leaf Blade
    Shadow Claw

Well this set seems obvious but here we go. Sunny Day is way better than Agility unless being baton passed or with swarm. X scissor & Leafblade are for STAB. Shadow Claw is for those resist and because Leavanny's movepool is Pretty held back.
    It's Brain Never Gets a Chance to Grow? Doesn't matter with it's Powerful Skull.

#409 Rampardos {}--
    OT: Akram-- ID: 21461
    Fossilized in Nacrene City
    Nature: Jolly~Ability: Mold Breaker
    Hidden Power: Dark 70
    Ivs: 31/31/31/23/31/31
    Evs: 4/252/0/0/0/252

Quote Originally Posted by stargod13 View Post
    but evolite is maximized with higher defense in each because 50% of a larger number makes a larger boost overall to its defenses. and if the defense is really high the amount of damage done to the hp would be reduced
    Okay, let's end this fight. With 252 Defense EVs and 0 HP evs, defending from a 100 power move from a 200 attack stat, it'll take about 76 damage out of 251 HP.

With 252 HP and 0 Def, it'll take about 114 damage out of 314.

That's 76/251 compared to 114/314.
    About 30/80 to 32/80. Now, this is a rough estimate, but Max defenses are apparently a little better, if it's holding the Eviolite.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My signature sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    Leavanny is gonna be NU probably.
    There is no official NU tier according to Smogon, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    Leavanny is gonna be NU probably.
    Entrainment and Chlorophyll Dual Screening is too good to be restricted to NU. As a standard dual screener, it can see UU or higher. With Entrainment and Ninetails or Groudon in the top tiers, it can be an effective supporter by passing Chlorophyll along. Either way, it's definitely not an NU competitor. NU is for pokemon with no functions whatsoever. Spinda, Farfetch'd, Delibird, etc.
    This is a signature that doesn't eat up an absurd amount of space.

Okay but with that being said about evolite isn't it sure to get banned soon cause it opens up some nasty baton passing ideas?
    Female DW pokes i have:

Say wha?

Why would you ban Eviolite? It doesn't break anything anyway. The most horrifying Eviolite user is P2... Even then I have never run into trouble with that little duck.

NU Arguement: Espeon was NU last Gen due to being horribly outclassed. Since Leavanny has plenty of niches it'll probably be UU, with something like Volcarona outclassing it to a not-very-much extent.

(And within some time this thread will be closed and POTW 20 will open... WHAT WILL IT BE)
    Last edited by SomeoneIGuess; 15th May 2011 at 5:25 AM.
    Ignore, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stargod13 View Post
    Okay but with that being said about evolite isn't it sure to get banned soon cause it opens up some nasty baton passing ideas?
    The Evolite really isn't broken. All it did was make things like Porygon 2, Dusclops, and Chansey better to battle with in the upper tiers. There's nothing broken about that.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneIGuess View Post
    (And within some time this thread will be closed and POTW 20 will open... WHAT WILL IT BE)
    I hope it's Blaziken. If not, then I might just write an analysis thread for him.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    I hope it's Blaziken. If not, then I might just write an analysis thread for him.
    I'm still raging about the ban, I don't know if featuring him in a PotW right now would be good for my health.

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456