Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silent Hill: Cultural Anthropology (PG-13)

Default Silent Hill: Cultural Anthropology (R)

Warnings:
    The rating has been bumped up to R (from PG-13), blame Niihyl... The rating is intended to cover violence, cruelty, mild profanity, and anything else that might come up. However, please keep any 'romantic' content at the PG-13 level. That said, please be prepared to be shocked, horrified, and surprised.

Also, while this is not a canon story, spoilers may come up, especially considering we’re coming into town on an archeological study, so you’ve been warned.
    ___

Story:
    (Details here may vary from the actual details of the Silent Hill main series, mostly for creative storytelling purposes.)

Only a select few know the true secrets of Silent Hill, and even those who do, don’t know them all. But our story isn’t about those people, no, it’s more about those who don’t even know there are secrets. Specifically a small group of College students from a college in a nearby town. They all think they’re just going to visit a town evacuated after a coal fire, a fire that continues to burn to this day.

Every semester Professor Pumice selects his brightest and most responsible students from his Cultural Anthropology Class to accompany him on an Archeological Survey in Silent Hill.

Their basic plan is to stay a couple of nights, during which time, they have three goals; to see if they can recover some artifacts to add to the college’s display about Silent Hill, to see if they can learn anything new to add to the Professor Pumice’s timeline of what happened during the town’s final days, and to see if they can recover any information about the mysterious cult religion practiced by some of the town’s citizens.

The Professor addresses his students as they begin their drive in his large van, “Listen up guys, if you’ve got any phone calls to make, you best do it now or after we get back, because there isn’t any cell signal once we get within a four or five miles of Silent Hill. That said, we have no way to dial 911 once we get there, so you’re going to need to be extra careful, because it can be a dangerous place. That’s why we’re required to bring the gas detectors.” He turned a corner and deepened the emphasis of his warning, “I almost stopped taking students on these trips after a mishap a couple of semesters ago. We had a girl wander off on her own. We spent the rest of the trip looking for her, and when we found her she was hallucinating from breathing in poisonous gases, she thought there were monsters trying to get her. She was lucky to be alive really, the gas and smoke from the coal mine could have killed her. That’s why you mustn’t ever go off alone, and never go anywhere without a gas detector.”

The professor left them to their thoughts for a while after that, only occasionally commenting on landmarks and the history of the region, until they reached the outskirts of town. The professor let the van slow down as they rolled into an abandon park, “We’re going to set up camp here, it’s across town from the main entrance to the mine where most of the smoke and gases are evacuating. There’s tents and cots in the back. Remember, be careful. I want you all to use cots so that you’re up off the ground incase gases start to seep up while we’re asleep. That way the gas detector will catch them before you.”

*If you do not wish to play as a student or the professor’s assistant there are openings for boss/recurring monsters and other humans. These humans are either what remains of the residence or have wandered/been drawn into town and have their own motives for being in Silent Hill
    ___

Players:
    I will be accepting sign-ups for up to 8 players: 3 Students of Professor Pumice, 1 Assistant, 2 Boss Monsters, and 2 other ‘Human’ characters who are either trapped in Silent Hill or Residents of Silent Hill.

Reservations will last for one week, after which I will clear the slot and allow anyone to take it.

Professor and Students:
    1. Professor - Prof. Pumice (VampirateMace)
    2. Pumice’s Assistant - Alex (gmoyes)
    3. Student 1 - Luka (Niihyl)
    4. Student 2 - (Manaphy Mare) *Reserved until 8-24-11*
    5. Student 3 - Leizel (Team Bushfire)

Other Humans:
    1. Elijah, Criminologist (GoldenHouou)
    2.Jessica, Journalist (Rheine)

Boss/Recurring Monsters:
    1. Coyote (Universe Chaser)
    2. Renatus (FallenSanity)

Waiting List:
    (These people may not get to play, but will be PMed if their desired slot opens up, and given grabs at it in order in which they appear on the list. They will be given 24 hours to claim their reserve before I PM the next person in line.)
    1. (Bronzong#1) - Student
    ___

Sign-ups:
    _

Student Sign-Up Form:

Name: Your character’s name

Age and Gender: Your age, and whether you’re male or female

*Major and Minor: Optional, you might just be taking a couple classes

*Part/Full-Time Job: What you do for a living outside of being a student, optional

Appearance: How you look and dress. Please be realistic, +6 sentences

Personality: How you act. A good character will not be angelic or demonic, please provide a good mix of positive and negative traits, as well as a tick/quirk or two, +6 sentences

History: Stuff that happen in your past. Please be sure note any significant events, be they good or bad. No one has time for everything, so again, be realistic, +6 sentences

Inventory:
    Please select items you would have taken camping with you in your backpack, shoulder bag, or purse/camera bag. All items must realistically fit in the bag, and your character will have to carry this bag so please keep that in mind when selecting a bag. A larger bag may get caught on things or slow you down, but a smaller bag doesn’t hold as much.
    Backpack dimensions: 18 inches tall, 12 inches wide, and 8 inches deep.
    Shoulder Bag dimensions: 12 inches tall, 14 inches wide, 4 inches deep
    Purse/Camera Bag dimensions: 6 inches tall, 10 inches wide, 6 inches deep.
    _

Other Humans Sign-Up Form:

Name: Your character’s name

Age and Gender: Your age, and whether you’re male or female

Job: What you do for a living

Appearance: How you look and dress. Please be realistic, +6 sentences

Personality: How you act. A good character will not be angelic or demonic, please provide a good mix of positive and negative traits, as well as a tick/quirk or two, +6 sentences

History: Stuff that happen in your past. Please be sure note any significant events, be they good or bad. No one has time for everything, so again, be realistic, +6 sentences

Why you’re in Silent Hill: What brought/compelled/drove you to be in Silent Hill

Inventory:
    If you have many items or larger items that won’t fit in your pockets then you will need a bag, please see the student sign-up form for more info.
    _

Boss Monster Sign-Up:

*Name: optional

Age and Gender: if known

Appearance: What you look like, please add species name if canon, +6 sentences

Method of Attack (Personality): How you act. Do you lure victims? Do you ambush them? Do you come back to life under certain circumstances? +6 sentences

History: Stuff that happen in your past. How you were created, or who you used to be. Does anyone control you? +6 sentences

Other: Anything that doesn’t fit in above

*Inventory: Please list weapons, armor, ect here.
    ___

Me:

Professor Sign-Up Form:

Name: Professor Devon Pumice

Age and Gender: 36, Male

Full-Time Job: College Professor; Cultural Anthropology, Archeology Department

Appearance:
    Devon is a tall and lightly toned, with slightly tanner skin than one might expect a bookworm. He’s got short messy black hair and attentive brown eyes. His face is of the long and narrow shape, with a soul patch covering the cleft in his chin. He has a small scar over his left eye, where he tripped over his own foot and hit his head on the crumbling stone wall he was supposed to be photographing, this was while on an archeological dig in South America.

For clothing he tends to be the kaki shorts and short sleeve button-up shirts sort of guy. Add to this his usual mid-calf socks and work boots, and he starts to look more like an outback explorer than a professor. In the field it’s even worse, as he dons a wide brimmed kaki colored hat, and slips on a pair of yellow leather work gloves.

Personality:
    Devon is generally a good humored and fun guy to be around. Most of the time he’s a bit more social with the students outside of class than the college policy suggests professors should be. Sure he has his moments of visible frustration when students refuse to learn, and tends to over do it when it comes to warning his students of potential dangers, but that’s only because he cares.

He is both a thinker and a doer. He can often be seen chewing on a toothpick or piece of grass while turning over rocks in search of something interesting. He likes to engage in long conversations of philosophical and theoretical nature.

Devon is, sadly for an archeologist, a bit of a klutz at times. He has tripped over his own feet, and he has tripped over other’s feet. He once lost his job at a museum because he tripped an broke a very valuable vase.

Devon has a noticeable distaste for birds, thinking of them as filthy bomb-diving creatures.

History:
    Devon was born in California and moved all across the USA as a child, due to his father’s constant job changes. His mother was a stay at home mom who tried her best to make each now house, apartment, or RV feel like home. Devon hated moving. Because of constantly leaving his old friends and trying to have time away from an overbearing mother, Devon learned to make friends fast and spend time with them like they’d be dead the next day.

At least Devon used to think of these people as friends. When he entered college it was the first time he was with the same group of friends for more than a year, and he was surprised at how much deeper their bonds were. He’s still in contact with many of them to this day.

After college Devon worked a lot of short term jobs on archeological digs and for museums. He even got a sort of new age job as an office anthropologist, with a tech company looking for his opinion on changes that might improve worker’s moral. It was during this period of constant job changes the Devon started to fear that he was becoming his father. This kept him out of long term romantic relationships, for fear that if he had a kid, it would have to go through the same trauma he did as a child.

Eventually Devon’s career lead him back to the place that held the most good memories for him, college. Here he could help young adult embark on a journey to change their lives, at least that’s what the HR guy was always saying to him.

Inventory:
    Shoulder Bag (12 inches tall, 14 inches wide, 4 inches deep)
    - Small first aid kit
    - Pocket first aid book
    - Graph paper on clipboard
    - Pencil bag w/ 3 pencils, 2 pens, eraser, and sharpener
    - Clear plastic ruler
    - Roll of masking tape
    - Small spade attached to a loop on the outside of the bag

Right hand - Keys to his Van
    Left hand - Empty
    Right pocket - Cell phone
    Left Pocket - Empty
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 23rd August 2011 at 5:37 AM. Reason: Rating Change
    Problematic Paranormal Files

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - 10% off $15+)
    The Gravity Falls Fanclub | My Twitter: @CleverKraken

Today's Fact: When communicating, dolphins use a signature whistle to let others know who's singing.

My god. It's Silent Hill. I hate Silent Hill. Pyramid Head murdered my childhood. I have an irrational fear of fog. I start at radio static. I hate babies. Er... No, not really, but sign me up anyway. Hrm... Boss monster or Student. Not sure yet.

A monster would be awesome for y'know, running about murdering people and generally being impossible to kill, only hiding from. But there's no real meaning to being one. Running around attacking people constantly... Eh.

Reserve a... Student for now. Maybe I'll pull a monster if I feel the need to...
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

Please reserve me a spot as a student, I should have my SU up soon... Which would you prefer... a genious ditz or a shrinking violet? Also would our characters be permitted to have weapons, within reason, from the beginning (my character is the captain of the school's archery team and might be bringing his bow for practice)?
    Last edited by Manaphy Mare; 11th August 2011 at 6:40 AM.
    If December 21 is the end of the world, it has been an honor RPing with y'all!

OMG SILENT HILL! I couldn't have chosen a better time to check the forums! I've only played like, one or two SH games, but I know the general idea and so, reserving so hard it hurts.

I'm guessing other humans are allowed to have at least makeshift weapons for survival? Because seriously, being trapped in SH for a long time without any means of defense just... won't work. Unless the monsters haven't appeared yet? And the other humans aren't trapped there yet, either and are just wandering around the town now? Could you clarify?

I'll reserve other human. And if they can have weapons, have him carry, like, a pipe or something. A very bloody pipe. Hee.

Also, another question! How long have the other humans been in Silent Hill? As in, have they already encountered (and fought off) some monsters? I'm assuming they won't know any deeper secrets at any rate. I was planning on making a character that has been there for a while and got a bit messed up and paranoid because of... everything. So he'd be really suspicious of the teacher and students, and could potentially be a threat to them (not directly and not always, but he could, for example, sometimes lead them to places he knew were dangerous just to test whether they're with them or not.) I dunno, something like that. That alright? Or would that fit the recurring boss part better, even though he isn't a monster and not really a villain all the time? In either case, if that doesn't work I can modify him to be just... untrusting or something. Or make up something else entirely 8D
    Last edited by GoldenHouou; 11th August 2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Edited for more clarity and to snip out some digressing
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    wow none wtf

Ohhh man, Silent Hill Rp? Sounds awesome! I'll sign up ASAP!
    I'll take up a student position, since It'll be easier for me to relate myself to that type of character and hence make a unique character out of it.

STUDENT ID:
    Name: Leizel Parker

Major: Aiming to be an automotive engineer, she's only taking this class as a filler for her full degree.

Part-Time Job: Currently works as an auto-repair mechanic for her local dealership

Appearance: Somewhat short and nimble, Leizel will never be seen without a hat over her shoulder-length brown hair. Her long bangs usually cover over her right eye, which has a soft cerulian color. Her average clothing consists of a red and black robotics shirt with her last name written across the back and black cargo pants held up with a belt. Being a mechanical buff, she always carries a wrench or two in her back left pocket. She also sports a pair of grey and red running shoes which have certainly seen better days. To finish everything off, she wears a small silver earring in her left ear.

Personality: Leizel if the type of girl who would be defined as "the wild 'Stang of the South", always ready to take on new challenges. Her main attitude is quite quirky and laid back, and she can always be seen telling jokes or spinning stories to others about everything and anything. However, she is pretty oblivious of the fact that she may be annoying everyone she's travelling with, and may start talking at the wrong place at the wrong time. She also tends to get hasty when waiting for things and sometimes will try to rush ahead without thinking, causing her to be somewhat danger-prone. On the other hand, when the time is right and the events become serious, she knows when to straighten up and prepare for whatever difficult task she may encounter. Once this attitude presents itself, watch out; despite her short size and weak appearance, she can handle any job just as well as a man, if not better. When a challenge is presented, she won't rest until the job is done right. Want to stay out of her bad side? Just don't call her a shorty or a girl and you should be fine.

History: Born and raised in southern Louisiana, Leizel lived the average working life down on the farm with her father until she was 17. Her mother left them when Leizel was only 2, so the only thing she has of hers is a single left earring. While being raised, she was always taught to keep a lookout on others and to never let other people get the best of her, which to this day she still retains. While with her father she also took in a vast array of mechanical skills while working on his old cars and fixing his tractor whenever it breaks down. After all, who needs a replacement if you can just fix the original for free? After she completed high school, she decided to leave the comfort of her quiet farm and head away to college, where she took up a job at the auto-repair shop. Though the employers were skeptical at first, she was successfully able to sway them into giving her a position, where she still works today. With her hopes set to the skies and her dreams of being an Automotive Engineer, she rounded up the money for college and is now taking classes.

Inventory:
    Shoulder Bag
    Pajamas (Shirt, pants)
    Spare underwear (x2)
    Photograph of her and her father (x1)
    wrench (x1, large)
    Spare hat (x3)
    Notebook (x1)
    Pencil (x7)
    Flashlight (x1, small)

Cargo Pants
    Wrench (x2, small, medium)
    Flashlight (x1, clipped to belt, medium)
    Last edited by Team Brushfire; 11th August 2011 at 4:19 PM.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2elz8z8.jpg[/IMG]
    With an open mind and a burning passion
    Anything is possible

I'll reserve the proffessor's assistant.

Edit: Question, we are going to need more bags if we are going 'camping' there. We would need to pack tarps/tents, food, ropes and other supplies. Would we be taking extra bags?
    Last edited by gmoyes; 11th August 2011 at 6:04 PM.
    I have clamed... the mighty Thor. Oh wait it's Throh *Facepalm*
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats
    My fanfic: Island of New Sundai

OMFGSILENTHILLRPG*spazm* Reserve for Student 2 please
    Last edited by Bronzong#1; 11th August 2011 at 3:26 PM.

I'd love a reserve for a recurring monster please. I have a few ideas...
    99.9% of everyone at SPPF have a sig. If you're part of the .1% that doesn't, put this in your- Ah, shoot!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    Yes, because a game suitable for children will feature a character with two girlfriends whom he keeps locked up in his castle.
    I have claimed MMMBop - not that anyone else wanted to...

(Niihyl): Reserved as a Student until 8-17-11

(Manaphy Mare): Reserved as a Student until 8-17-11
    I’m thinking shrinking violet is probably better for a male character
    And yes, I’ll allow the practice bow and arrow, as long as it fit’s the character

(GoldenHouou) Reserved as Other Human until 8-18-11
    Makeshift weapon, yes, you may have one if you’ve been trapped in Silent Hill a while (or are some sort of psycho), but you are not required to be a vet or a noob in Silent Hill. So… do as you like.

(Team Bushfire): Student, Leizel: Accepted

(gmoyes): Reserved as Assistant until 8-18-11
    Yes, there can be other bags with extra stuff, just like the gas detectors, cots, and tents. But inventory is for the purpose of what you actually have on your person at any given moment. If you’d have put spare clothes or a toothbrush in you carrying bag, that’s up to you.

(Bronzong#1): Pending
    Three people have already asked for student slots ahead of you, however if one opens up (ex. someone lets their reserve expire, or Nii decided to switch monster), then I will give you first grabs at it.

(Universe Chaser): Reserved as a Monster until 8-18-11

Today's Fact: When communicating, dolphins use a signature whistle to let others know who's singing.

Name: Jessica Gladys Hayden

Age and Gender: 26, Female

Job: Freelance journalist

Appearance: Jessica has slightly-longer-than-shoulder-length blonde hair who she usually ties into a ponytail. Her emerald eyes are the most prominent part of her face, which otherwise is pretty bland although not necessarily bad looking. She's of medium height (5'7'') and built, and she doesn't stand out too much. She has fair skin. In other words, she looks perfectly average.
    She prefers to wear simple checkered shirts, dark blue jeans, and a pair of white sneakers. She doesn't wear any other accessories at all because she finds them to be troublesome.

Personality: A lone wolf, she isn't very good with people, but she can interact just fine with them if she must. She doesn't like socializing because she's afraid of making mistakes and find being alone comforting, as she doesn't have to worry of saying wrong things. She absolutely hate people who talk and nag her too much, but she can enjoy the company of people who stay quiet and don't bother her.
    She's also a workaholic who feels annoyed if she can't find something to do. She's also a goody two-shoes who's inclined to follow rules, norms, and traditions wherever she is, and finds people who don't follow them deplorable. Her good points include her undying determination and her attention to detail. For example, when doing research for her next article, she'll try to learn everything worth knowing about the subject/place, and will not hesitate taking a lot of photos, to avoid missing any interesting detail.
    Overall, she's a girl who keeps to herself and her work. That's one thing that can make her very happy, though, that is the acknowledgment of her work, be it the articles or photos. She's constantly worried about whether the fruits of her work are good enough, and therefore she'll be glad to meet people who like them and may even open up a bit to them.
    She also has a great sense of gratitude and will feel indebted whenever someone helps her.

History: She was homeschooled by her parents, who were teachers, because they didn't trust public education. They used to be idealistic when they were young, but after seeing the politics behind education that meddled with how teachers should teach, they became pretty cynical and only teach for the (admittedly not large) money.
    Therefore, she didn't have a lot of friends her age. They try to teach her advanced subjects for her age, like relativity by the 6th grade, for example. However, she was just a normal girl in term of intelligence and therefore she wasn't able to follow the harder subjects. It caused their family quite a problem because she retaliated by not coming out of her bedroom for days. They had to break down the floor and carry her to the hospital. After that, her parents stopped trying and teach her the appropriate things for her age instead.
    Her favorite pastime was reading magazines, and she was completely bewitched by the sights of exotic foreign lands. She would frequently cut pictures of snow-covered mountains and blooming sakura and put them up on her bedroom. She went to college to take journalism, but she quickly dropped out because she didn't like how they didn't get to go to cool places and such. So she started to write articles and send them to magazines. Even though she didn't succeed at first, after the first couples of articles, her article made it into a prestigious magazine and that was her happiest moment. After that, she used the money she got to travel further and wrote more articles. Although she's not always financially stable, she's able to get by.
    Nowadays, she tries to save some money to start her own travel magazine. It hasn't been going too well because her father had stroke attack and had to be hospitalized. Although her parents didn't ask for her help, she nevertheless transferred more than half of her savings to her mother's account. Her mother insisted that she should take back the money, but Jessica refused it.

Why you’re in Silent Hill: She learned about Silent Hill from an internet forum and finds the story really promising. She's researching it for her newest article. She doesn't expect to stay there for more than one day, maybe two at most.

Inventory:
    Shoulder bag:
    Laptop and its charger
    Spare underwear (1)
    Checkered shirt (1)
    Bottled water, 1.5L
    Ham sandwich

Camera bag:
    SLR Camera
    Spare battery
    Spare memory card
    USB

Jeans' pockets:
    Wallet
    Smart phone (has built-in flashlight)
    Handkerchief
    Last edited by Rheine; 15th August 2011 at 1:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E Goods View Post
    Fish to seakittens.......WTF.
    Well I guess that makes cats landfish.
    I love my landfishes!
        Spoiler:- My Friends! Peek at 'em:

I would love to reserve a spot as a recurring boss! Silent Hill is baws.

Name: Alex Morgan

Age and Gender: Male, 27

Job: Prof. Pumice's Assisant.

Appearance: He and Prof. Devon Pumice are opposites in almost everyway. He's short and a little overweight while the Proffessor is tall and lanky. He keeps his medium lenght brown hair under a hat to keep his perpetual bedhead under control. He wears plain grey glasses over green eyes.

Though he's right handed he wears his plain steel watch on his right hand. He wears collared polo shirts and long pants. He wears a green fleece jacket and a camo patterned hat.

Personality: Again, the opposite of Devon. Alex fits the term 'nerd' perfectly and he's proud of it. Also he's quiet and serious so if he says anything, people should listen. He's really smart and has his brain filled with facts, relivant or not. He likes reading books and being in nature. Dispite all this he does have a sence of humor, mostly bad puns. One of his mottos is 'Better have it and not need it than need it and not have it' which ties into his pessimistic nature. This mean if you need some thing, ask Alex.

Dispite thier differences or maybe because of it Alex and the proffessor are great friends. When the proffessor trips over his own feet and breaks something, Alex will be there with a groan and a broom. He also does a bunch of the grunt work for him. He doesn't mind doing all of it.

History: Alex was born and raised on the eastern coast of Canada with his mom and dad and his annoying little brother. You might say he grew up in a sheltered life, no major problems in his life, just a well brought up middle class family. His mom worked at a local TV station and his dad was in the reserves so he got some stuff from him including his backpack and hat. He went to collage while in Canada and majored Physics and minored Biology and Music. His brother on the other hand became an alcoholic and Alex ended up paying his fines and soon ran out of his saved up money. He came to the States to look for work and when he bumped into Prof. Pumice, they became friends right away. He was soon hiered as his assistant. Since then Alex has been cleaning up his friend's messes, covering him when he goofing off and reading through his massive collection of books.

Inventory:
    Camo styled Backpack (18 x 12 x 8)
    - 6'x4' black blanket
    -1'x1' pillow
    -1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of sweatpants
    -2 polo shirts
    -2 pairs of socks and underwear
    -Toletry Bag (toothbrush, toothpaste, bar of soap, dental floss, facecloth)
    -Electic Lamp
    -a pack of 6 AA batteries
    -Lighter
    -2 Novels
    -Sleeping Bag + foam mattress (hanging on outside)
    -Filled waterbottle
    Right Pants Pocket
    -$5.60 in change
    -Wallet ($95 in bills, drivers lisence, collage ID, library card, 1 debt card, 1 credit card)
    Left Pants Pocket
    -Keychain (1 House, 2 locker, 1 car, small light)
    -1/2 full container of Tic Tacs
    -Pocket knife
    -2 tacks
    Right Jacket Pocket
    -Digital Camera
    Left Jacket Pocket
    -Flashlight
    Right Hand
    -Watch
    -2 rubber bands around arm
    Left Hand
    -
    Head
    -Glasses
    -Camo styled hat
    -Headlamp
    Last edited by gmoyes; 15th August 2011 at 7:23 PM.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats

(Rheine) Jessica, Journalist: Acceptance Pending…
    Your personality is a little too short. The her parents were teachers and decided to home school her story is interesting… who else did they teach? Did they teach them over the web, or at a private school? Or were they retired/on leave?
    I will allow you two bags because it makes sense, but note that they will slow you down more in a chase.

(FallenSanity): Reserved as a Monster until 8-19-11
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!! (If you can’t tell I like your villains…)

(gmoyes) Alex, Teaching Assistant: Acceptance Pending…
    This seems to need some proof-reading. I can get the general gist of things, but it’s missing keywords, like hair and watch (at least I think the steel thing on his right wrist is a watch) and could use a bit of spellchecking. I’d like a little more history. But overall I rather like the character juxtaposition and preset relationship. Your backpack might be a little over full, but given the character, I imagine he’s the sort of person who could actually fit all that in there.

I hope this isn't too powerful, but I can totally tone him down. And what's the policy on death in this game? Can only NPC's die, or do players need to give consent, or does it just happen? I mean, I'm quite sure you guys will eventually get Coyote (I'm okay with his death as the story resolves,) but will he be able to kill anyone?

Also, I went a little brief on the history, I wasn't sure which Silent Hill dimension we were using, or if it was one of your own.

Name: "Coyote"

Age and Gender: Appears to be male, and is postulated to be a primeval spirit.

Appearance:
    While most monsters pride themselves on having horrifying and repulsive appearances, Coyote would rather blend in...mostly. His form is a very convincing humanoid, though it's a bit too tall, standing at a little bit over 7 feet. His figure is long and lanky, not hulking, but looms with an intimidating air, even when hunched over. Coyote is always adorned with a long black cloak which hides his face quite nicely. However, his face is nothing to hide. He's actually quite handsome, with soft, pretty boy features and a wide smile. Unfortunately, this smile contains hundreds of tiny razor sharp teeth. His hair is long and bright red, and goes down to about an inch above his elbows (though it is usually hidden by the cloak.) The most notable feature of Coyote's face are his eyes. Big and wide, they glow in the dark with a bright green light, especially in the darkness. Those glowing eyes that cut through the fog are often the last things people see in Silent Hill.

Now, this all seems fine and dandy, but Coyote is more than just a pretty face. In addition to those nice pearly whites, instead of fingers on his left hand, Coyote has five rusty, sharp blades, a modern touch that he's quite proud of, and likes to show off often. Useful for mutilating victims, these blades are also capable of tearing dimensional rifts. These rifts, depending on what Coyote wants, can allow a horde of demons into the world to do his dirty work, or give Coyote a place to hide. Only he can close these rifts, and if he isn't careful, someone could find an open one and either follow Coyote or accidentally fall in.

While this is Coyote's true form, he is a shapeshifter. Often, he takes the form of a teenage human, a real coyote, or a crow in order to blend in. However, Coyote is incapable of disguising his glowing eyes, which blow his cover often when he masquerades around as a human.

Method of Attack (Personality):

Coyote likes to exert as little energy as possible; if ever in a fight, he would have a pack of Groaners that he pulled out of a dimensional rift do the work for him. Standoffs with Coyote when he is at full power are dumb ideas. He can summon and control lowly monsters in multitude, and waits a safe distance away while they pour out of a dimensional rift until the victims are overpowered by the sheer numbers. The best way to prevent this would be to incapacitate Coyote's left hand before he can open a dimensional rift, or at least keep him running or distracted.

A coward by nature, Coyote doesn't like a fair fight, or a dramatic showdown with many against him. Because of this, Coyote likes to pick off his victims one by one, getting them alone and then either ripping them to shreds or summoning another monster to do it. Depending on the victim, Coyote lures victims away in different ways. Occasionally, he tugs on their heartstrings, posing as a hurt individual in need of help, and then striking when they're far enough from the group. Sometimes he scares them away from the group with a horrifying form. He likes intricate plans, new and clever ways to hunt. It keeps him from getting bored.

In conclusion, when dealing with Coyote, level the playfield, or jerk it to your favor. Ambush him with several people, never go off alone, and don't trust the glowing green eyes. Though, that last one goes without saying...

History:
    Every god in history has had some sort of trickster, some aimless antagonist that exists simply to mess up the god's world. The Semetic God has Satan, Odin has Loki, Imo has Locaha, and the cult god of Silent Hill has Coyote. Coyote was called into being as soon as worshipers starting believing in the god of Silent Hill. Because Silent Hill's god was so dark, her trickster was dark as well. Coyote appeared in Silent Hill on a cool, February morning, in the form of a crow. Coincidentally, two of the most devout cult worshipers went missing that day. Never revealing himself to the population, Coyote made a habit of taking a few victims every so often, but spending the bulk of his time hunting people in the already destroyed Silent Hills of other dimensions. The Silent Hill that Pumice explores is the most recently abandoned one. Coyote has just begun spending his time there, and finds that he likes it. After all, it is the one he was born in. Coyote has no ulterior motive for what he does; he's the trickster, meaningless killing is in the job description. As of late, he hasn't bothered the college students. Coyote plans to change that this trip.

Other:
    Coyote is a god, but can be killed. If he is, another trickster will be brought into being.

Inventory
    : Nothing but himself.
    Last edited by Universe Chaser; 13th August 2011 at 5:15 AM.
    99.9% of everyone at SPPF have a sig. If you're part of the .1% that doesn't, put this in your- Ah, shoot!
    Yes, because a game suitable for children will feature a character with two girlfriends whom he keeps locked up in his castle.

How's it now? I checked the words and added more to the history. Yeesh look at what we have to deal with ^
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats

(Universe Chaser) Coyote: Accepted
    Death is totally allowable, and dead player may continue on as phatoms/apparitions or monsters. However since I don’t allow bunnying (controlling other’s characters) in my RPGs, you’ll find it very hard to kill a player who doesn’t want to die.

As for the version of Silent Hill… um, think of it as a mish-mash (closer to games 1-3), and don’t worry about it too much. Like I said, this won’t be completely canon, because that’s too difficult to carry in an RPG.

(gmoyes) Alex, Teaching Assistant: Accepted

Added a bit more info...
    I love my landfishes!

(Rheine) Jessica, Journalist: Accepted
    You got my main concern which was the personality, but you seemed to have misunderstood my questioning about her parents. Specifically I wanted to know how 2 teachers that don’t trust public school earned a living and home schooled their daughter at the same time. It seems like either one of them had to quit work, or they worked for some web schooling service.

This is Silent Hill. It should totally be rated R. An R-rated RPG would be new. Like a monster (that was going to be my vague Monster character although I may NPC it if possible) that looks like the corpse of a woman who died during C-section and eats people through her scars, which open up to reveal a bloody fetus that wails quietly, waving deformed limbs around. Did I mention it's really, really stealthy, and will just suddenly be standing next to you, smiling from sewn shut eyes and mouth? Anyway...

Ahh, the inventory, the system that you’ll be goading us about over and over again. ;P

Name: Lukyan ‘Luka’ Rakhmelevich

Age and Gender: 22 – Male

Major and Minor: Forensic Psychology Major – Ethics Minor (Anthropology is just an extra class being taken)

Part-Time Job: Private Investigator – State of Maine

Appearance: Luka is of medium height, around 5’9” tall. He’s fairly well built, getting lots of exercise. However, a common misconception is that detectives are bulky, warrior-ninja-spies. Detective work is mostly brainwork and a nimble tongue, although a lot of walking is usually involved. He has gunmetal blue eyes, sharp and tinged with gray. His hair is fairly long, and rather spiky, sticking up at odd angles. His hair is colored a dull tawny brownish-blond. Either a lollipop or a cigarette is usually poking out of the corner of his mouth.

Luka does not walk around in a trench coat. He generally wears button-up shirts, either black or white, and blue jeans. A tie can adorn the shirt, to quickly and simply shift into more formal attire. A black leather jacket serves to keep him warm and provide some protection from the elements. A light backpack is usually slung over his shoulder. A taser is often seen hanging from his belt.

Personality: Dramatic, snarky, and impossible to aggravate. Luka cherishes the Private Eye Monologue, enjoying narrating the events around him with metaphor, simile, and just that touch of dry humor. Why? It’s fun. Being a Private Eye involves a lot of guesswork, thinking, and insidious pokes and prods, trying to get information out of people. Being adept at this, he’s very intelligent, and good at provoking people (Read: Being an insufferable *sshole).

He isn’t generally a jerk, only when he feels it’s necessary or when he’s working. Usually, he’s laid back, rather courteous, and quick with a joke, although he never loses sight of the prize. The prize can be anything, from the information for the job at hand, to a personal goal. Very self-reliant and pretty tough, he feels as if he doesn’t need to rely on anyone, as if he could take on all the troubles of the world on his own.

Luka accomplishes his goals. Period. Honor isn’t necessarily the biggest thing on his mind, and he can be downright heartless at times. Friends… he holds in high esteem however. He won’t leave a friend behind, no matter what.

Luka prides himself on thinking things through. He’s a bit pragmatic, and a bit cynical, both things he calls ‘intelligence’. Because of his father’s circumstances, he can be a bit philosophical at times. He’s taking ethics, and considers right and wrong constantly, and that gray space in between. Is murdering a murderer before they can kill anyone else wrong? Is aborting a fetus alright, if it hasn’t developed enough to have higher thought processes? A million is a statistic…

For his cynicism, Luka can be a little paranoid, and is rather superstitious. He loves a good rumor, a good conspiracy theory. It was one of the things that interested him about Silent Hill, and worked hard to get on the trip. Especially since it was studying the cult religion found there, a religion he was very interested in.

Justice is one thing Luka believes in. A spark of idealism, which he needs to continue his work. He keeps hope inside, even if he doesn’t show it, that evil will be punished. He does it himself as much as possible, although not with the fanaticism of his father.

Luka used to be a heavy smoker, a habit he despised. He’s brought himself down to one or two cigarettes a day, and is constantly sucking on a lollipop instead.

History: Luka’s mom was a nice lady, respectable, sweet, loving, dead. What? She was shot and killed when Luka was young. Luka didn’t mind much, he was far too young, and he doesn’t even remember her. His dad… his dad went just a little crazy.

Luka’s father became a fanatic. A templar, brutally hunting down criminals with cold-blooded efficiency. He was implacable, and became little better than the criminals he hunted. He was discharged from the force, but continued on as a Private Investigator, and sometimes vigilante executioner. He killed the ones he caught.

Through all of this, Luka was taken away from his father, who was supposed to be a bad influence, and placed in foster care, where he attended middle school and high school. His time here wasn't too troublesome, and he coped well. His father could visit biweekly. Around the time when he graduated, his father was finally found out. He was a murderer. A murderer of criminals, but a murderer all the same. He was put in prison, with a potential life sentence and possible death penalty.

Luka was conflicted about this. Was his father a good man, or an evil one? Rather lost and alone, and now a high school graduate, Luka fell in with a Private Eye, one of his dad’s old friends, also retired from the police force… a slightly overweight, yet flinty and cold man named Roscuro Galdens. He worked as an assistant for a few years, during which he picked up smoking, a habit he detested, but it was much harder to quit than to start. At the age of 21, he became a licensed Private Eye in his own right.

Luka worked. But a Private Eye couldn’t make arrests. A private investigator did little more than gather information, work as a witness, and occasionally find proof of adultery for fighting couples. It just wasn’t enough. He decided to go to college, and study forensic psychology. He was already practiced, if not trained, so he could perform interrogations, better hunt down criminals, and eventually work as a detective in the official police force. Ethics was also interesting to him, the ideas of right and wrong… Because what was it really?

He took the anthropology class, almost as an afterthought. People. It was all about people, and that was what he’d have to work with. Besides, Silent Hill. The rumors about that place were insane. It would be very interesting. A side-project from his goals.

~Inventory~

Backpack:
    (1) Notebook w/ Attached Pen
    (2) Roll of Duct Tape
    (3) x12 Size D Batteries (For Flashlight)
    (4) Water Bottle
    (5) x2 Small Cans of Butane
    (6) x2 Extra Magazines (for Taser)
    (7) x4 Granola Bars
    (8) x96 Tootsie Pops (in Plastic Bag)
    (9) x36 Djarum Black Cigarettes

Pockets/Hands/Belt:
    (1) Zippo Lighter (Pocket)
    (2) Wallet with ID, Credit/Debit Cards, Drivers’ License, etc. (Pocket)
    (3) Taser X2 (Clipped to Belt)
    (4) Heavy Duty Flashlight (Clipped to Belt)

All other items such as food, bedding, clothing, are in separate bags to be left at camp.
    Last edited by Niihyl; 15th August 2011 at 2:11 AM.

(Niihyl) Luka: O.O you’re right… this should be rated R, I’m going to go fix that. And sorry about the inventory rule, but Silent Hill is another one of those RPGs where I find it helpful in keeping people from BSing in whatever they need.
    Anyways… Pretty much Accepted, We just need to talk about your inventory (…don‘t kill me).
    What is he carrying the butane for?
    By 36 cigarettes, you mean individual ones, not packs right? Goodness the space the tootsie rolls already take up…
    And I’m a bit conflicted about whether I can allow the tasers, since he is a PI, such a thing makes sense, but seeing as it’s a school’s trip, college yes, but still a school with rules, it seems like he wouldn’t be allowed weapons. Perhaps move them to his backpack for now, and imply that no one else knows he has them? Also… he need a permit, right?

Butane- both for the Zippo (which takes special butane stuff) and general fire-lighting.

The Djarum Blacks come in 12-packs. So... 3 12-packs, little boxes. They used to be illegal, since USA banned all but menthol flavored cigarettes. Djarum are clove-flavored. They're legal now. And yep, the lollipops take up a lot of room. But if you're quitting smoking... especially since some monsters may see/smell the cigarettes.

Well, to be a Private Eye in the state of Maine, (where Silent Hill is generally assumed to be) you need to be: 18 years old, have had 3 years and 3,000 hours of work under a licensed PI, have not had any federal offenses, and a citizen of the United States.

To own a Taser- well, any old person can get a gun permit, and yes, you need a permit for a Taser. If you're a Private Eye, it'd probably be easier to get one, especially since Tasers are often owned for self-defense purposes, so regular civilians can get permits, like pepper spray. Some states don't even regulate Tasers, only guns.

Edit: Maine actually allows Tasers with little/no regulation, as long as you're 18.

I suppose he could keep it in his backpack and take it with him. As a minor paranoiac and PI, he would probably sneak it over if it wasn't allowed. Because there are rumors about Silent Hill man. RUMORS.

Whoop-de-do, first R/M -rated RPG I've ever seen. But then again, the source material. Silent Hill is scarier than Resident Evil. I think only Eternal Darkness comes near... at least as far as the games I've played. A lot of it's psychological... You can barely fight them... you can only hide, pray and run.
    Last edited by Niihyl; 15th August 2011 at 5:38 AM.

Ah, I see. I added a bit more info about them, although I'm not whether or not it makes sense.
    I love my landfishes!

Hooray! Just wanted to say thanks for accepting me! Can't wait for the RP to begin!

@UniverseChaser Your character sounds like the bane of my existance.
    Last edited by Team Brushfire; 18th August 2011 at 4:42 AM.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2elz8z8.jpg[/IMG]
    With an open mind and a burning passion
    Anything is possible

Yeesh with all the good charicters and the strong bad guys it looks like my charicter is only good for being a pack mule or death fodder. I'm already planning famous last words lol. Well some of his trivial information might be useful.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats

Thanks for making it R. I'm not changing Coyote's appearance, (though even if I did, it would be nothing compared to Nihhyl's usual monsters), but I can think of some horrible things that he's going to do. Anyhow...

Brushfire, it's Universe, not Universal (everyone gets it wrong), but you can just call me UC or Chaser.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast