Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Memento Mori: Even Gods Must Die

I'd like to reserve a Ranger if I'm not too late! I'll try to get my SU in really soon!

@Skillfullness

Alright, reservation noted. I'll add you to the first post later. I have to go out right now. Don't worry, I'll probably start tomorrow or so, but you can sign up whenever.

A'ight that's more or less maxed out my limit. No more reservations, but you can still sign-up. If your sign-up is amazing, I'll fit you in.

Limited Acceptance Initiated
    Last edited by Niihyl; 11th May 2011 at 4:37 AM.
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

Ok, I'm sorry to do this, but I don't think I'll be able to participate. My laptop got a virus that crashed the hard-drive, and I don't know if I can get the situation rectified before we begin. That said, I hope I can make it, but if I can't, I'm sorry.
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698

Don't worry, you can be re-added midway through. Viruses (virii?) suck... Hope it gets fixed soon..

Were starting in like, 2 hours. GL!

BOOM! WITH FIVE MINUTES ON THE CLOCK! WIN!! sorry if the history feels rushed

Name: Halt Beta

Player Type: pokemon ranger

Appearance: Halt’s skin is quite pale, almost pure white, but that never seems to bother him. His eyes are a deep emerald, similar to the color of oak tree’s leaves. His shaggy hair is as black as a midnight in the forest. His overall build is athletic, with no bulgy fat reserves but at the same time no bulging muscles. His nose and ears are a perfect fir for his small head, but his thin lips do not match the other proportions of his head.

He wears the typical ranger garb, but he puts his own spin on it. The short jacket is a mossy green, and the white cuffs are black. The under shirt is black all around, with a golden line splitting it in half. The line split at the belt, and continued as two lines on the long black pants, circling at the knee joint. His gloves are black, with gold knobs at the knuckles. His Capture Styler is the wrist mounted one, with the two red parts at the front and back of the Styler painted over with green, giving it a mossy look, and the middle black strip painted over with gold. His combat boots were cut in half to provide mobility and yet have a tough shoe for when walking on and near dangerous ground. The combat shoes are black with a purple X on the heel and the top of the shoe

Personality: Halt is a cheery person most of the time, often giving tips to others on how to improve their captures, though he keeps a large portion of the knowledge to himself. He can be angry whenever someone disrespects nature or another pokemon, and that will never be a pretty sight. He does have trust issues, and will never let Chrona near anyone they just met for the first time. He can garden very well, and can create the best herb remedies, which he uses for strictly healing Chrona if she is wounded. He cares deeply for Chrona, and will never let anyone near her unless they are close friends or other rangers.

History: Halt was born into a forest protection clan, and basically grew up with the pokemon that lived in the forest. One day when he was 4, he found a mysterious egg near the shrine for Celebii, the guardian of the forest. His grandmother was shrieking that removing the egg of the guardian would bring disaster to the forest, but halt did NOT want to give it up. Finally, his parents intervened and allowed Halt to keep the egg as long as he cared for the baby that hatched from it. It did not hatch for several years, during witch Halt had been reading magazines, though it was only for the ads advertising Rangers and their adventures. Starting then, Halt wanted to be a Pokemon Ranger and protect the peace. His parents, minus his grandmother this time, were completely against this, and forbade him to train for it. The egg hatched three days later, revealing a baby Celebii who bonded with Halt the moment she saw him. Halt started training by jumping from tree trunk to tree trunk, becoming very athletic for his age. He left Chrona in his grandmother’s care, who believed that Halt would be the next guardian of the forest, when he went to the Ranger School. After graduating at the top of his class, he was stationed at a base near Nimbasa City, and quickly moved there with Chrona in tow.
    Pokémon: (If any)

Name: Chrona

Species: Celebii

Appearance: Chrona’s antenna are pink, and her pointed hair is dark with the very top being white. Her ocarina is purple, and it is strapped to her back between her wings

Personality: Chrona is a lovable Celebii, often running off to new pokemon just to meet new friends, often dragging Halt into more battles than usual. This little bit of mischievous makes her more lovable, as well as her slight amount of shyness when it comes to playing her ocarina to large amounts of pokemon.

Special: Chrona has learned to play the ocarina, a sweet potato shaped instrument that helps Chrona help Halt capture other pokemon thanks to Halt’s grandmother. Halt has a green thumb, as well as a limited knowledge of electronic equipment.
    Last edited by Delta Hunter; 12th May 2011 at 8:17 PM.
    Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

Alright, it seems a little rushed, watch your capitalization and etc. It's good though. I'll allow celebi, but no time traveling please. Accepted.

Main thread is up!!!

hmm... a time-traveller with an ocarina... where have we seen that before? ^^;

Lol, you turned Halt into a human! XDXDXD and now... Link and Halt's travels begin...
    98% of teens won't stand up for God.
    Be one of the 2% that will, copy this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed93 View Post
    lxdarknessxl ~ The Invincible Asian PKMN

A pokemon which cannot be destroyed, it claims the reason for this to be that it is 'too asian'. It becomes enraged when it's heritage is questioned.
    lol, tumbleweed93 knows me too well.

See I don't know if I could still sign up as a Ranger but I'll post my sign up just in case.

Name: Mariana Perez

Player Type: Pokemon Ranger

Appearance: Mariana is a female which is obvious but we will start with her features. She has long silky black hair that it down just past shoulders however she never ties it up as she just likes to keep it long and straight. Her eye colour is olive green and the size of her eyes are not big neither small. They do however give the impression that she is easy to approach as a person. Her skin colour is between pale and white which works with her olive green eyes and her black hair. She has small lips and a decent sized nose without any blemish or pimples on her face in some cases due to make-up actually covering most likely. Mariana's height and weight are pretty average for a female of her age. Her height is 5'9 and her weight is average but close to skinny which is the norm for her age. Mariana's body is basically giving her extra lift because of her long legs even though it gives her the impression that she is taller than she actually is. Her chest is medium-large and can draw a couple of eyes even though her clothing doesn't help. Now we move on to the clothing, the attire of Mariana Perez. Mariana likes as previously stated, to wear her hair long and straight which means that she has no hairclips at all. She wears nice plain gold earnings without much to brag about. She wears a necklace along with that which is a modest silver plain necklace with nothing more to add to that. Her clothing is a nice black jacket with buttons that over it has a light brown scarf around her neck. Under the black jacket, Mariana wears a simple white top. She wears blue jeans to basically keep her warm or to make her modestly stylish and her footwear is basically dark brown fashion boots that go from her shin down. Now when it comes to make-up though, Mariana likes to add a little foundation as well as dark red lipstick along her small sized lips. She also wears a little bit of black eye shadow which isn't really noticeable. So basically Mariana is modestly fashionable with black hair, olive green eyes and average height making her good looking in some aspects and just plain in other aspects when it comes to appearance.

Personality: Mariana is a complex character in short. In more detail, she gives the impression that she is cold and distant which is not the case with her personality at all. She is very warm and friendly if she gets to know the person. This means that she is quite shy on the onset of meeting someone new but she does eventually warm up to them with of course circumstances. Mariana falls into the loyalty category, meaning that if you are nice and stick by the rules she will be loyal but if you do back-stab her or go against a promise then she wouldn't be see you as trusting as she did previously. If you do lose her trust or make her angry, she does a have a little Latin fire inside her. She will blow up and then will fight back meaning that she is tough but fair as well. Mariana is very hard working and doesn't like to draw attention to herself when she is getting the job done at any aspects. She treats everyone on their merits which means that she can be a bit too much of a follower rather than a leader however it does give the impression that she is quite tactical in getting the job done quickly without any cause of concern. With Mariana, she likes to be fashionable but she doesn't want to be too fashionable, she just wants to be herself. Also to add that when it comes to a guy she likes, it is pretty obvious for everyone else around her and she will make her case that if it does happen. She is not really the joking type in that she never makes jokes nor does she get them but she does have a dry sense of humor which is never used. Also Mariana likes to take the backseat when it comes to missions and her job going more into the hustle and we will think before we go into anything that is dangerous. She uses her athletic advantage in speed, jumping and pacing as she does a lot of track/field type of activities to pass time meaning that she is fit and she enjoys being fit. She also has a Spanish accent I guess.

History: Mariana's history begins with her parents getting married very young because they showed their love a bit too early. Her mother got married at the age of 18 as her father was 19. They both moved out of their respective families' homes and decided to start a flower business in a nice quaint shop in the town of Accumula. Mariana was their only children considering that she was the reason why her parents go married in the first place. She loved flowers when she was young meaning that she loved the environment. This lead her from the path of being a Pokemon Trainer when she was younger which her father would have rather Mariana do then anything else. Mariana basically ran the flower store when she was 15 until one day when she read a flyer about a Pokemon Ranger coming to visit for an exhibition. She got permission to go to the exhibition and she watched in awe as the Pokemon Ranger gave a lecture on what they do and showed how and why. Knowing that she really cared for wild Pokemon and the environment, it was that switch which gave Mariana her path for the future. She told her parents about her dreams and with all the profits they made that year from the store, they sent Mariana to a Pokemon Ranger Course in a nearby big city. Mariana wasn't as smart as 80 percent of the students but she worked really hard to achieve her dreams because she was determined to get what she wanted regardless of the output and the amount of pain and suffering that she had to go through. She eventually managed to get the accreditation she needed to become a Pokemon Ranger. She then worked around Accumula Town, so she could help her parents out with the flower shop and she could also do her Pokemon Ranger duties with her Pokemon with her. While Mariana was travelling though, she bumped into an old man who told her some very interesting information that would change a lot in her life.

Pokémon:

Name: Arcanine (If I do have to have a nickname then call him Dario)

Species: Arcanine

Appearance: There isn't much difference on the Apparerance of Dario in comparison to other Arcanines. It is very similar to how it looks because there is no difference that could been seen between Mariana's Arcanine or an Arcanine in the Wild. Meaning that isn't much that is special with this Pokemon because it looks the same. To solve that problem though, Mariana put a green scarf on her Arcanine which to loves to wear. That gives it some look and also gives it some differentiation between Dario/Arcanine and a normal Arcanine or another trainer's one.

Personality: Dario is very loyal to Mariana and very protective of her due to their history together. This makes it hard for anyone to actually meet Mariana or her Pokemon because of the fierce loyalty that Dario has of its owner. It is very warm to anyone if Mariana trust that person and will protect that person to a certain degree but not as much as putting its body in line for that person unless it is Mariana herself. It doesn't like to give up at any costs and will do anything to get the job done like Mariana. It is a very fast Pokemon as normal Arcanines are but it is quicker because of its training that was given to him. It also tracks better than most Arcanines due to the training that Mariana gave to it for their Pokemon Ranger duties together. It will always been around Mariana without any question and can tell how Mariana feels by her expression.

History: Just to make it clearer. Anyway Mariana with the help of her father, went on a trip to find a Pokemon for Mariana. They in fact found a few Pokemon but none that Mariana felt that was something she wanted. She wanted a Pokemon that can be able to do the job that she can. That's when they found a couple of Growlithes together as a group. Mariana manged to befriend one by giving it a berry and they bonded after playing with each other for a good 10 minutes while the other Growlithes just went to sleep or were playing with each other. Mariana's father told her that before it gets dark that they have to go home. So Mariana was about to leave until she asked her father if she could catch that particular Growlithe. Her father allowed her and that's how Mariana caught her only Pokemon. She then trained it very hard until it reached its wall and that's when she knew that she had to evolve it to increase its potential otherwise they couldn't become better with that wall in the way. They went on a trek to find a Fire Stone and it took a long few days when in fact that her mother managed to buy one from her mother anyway. That actually increased their bondness between Dario the Growlithe and Mariana. Then she evolved it using the Fire Stone which is how she got Arcanine. They trained with each other heavily while continuing their Pokemon Ranger duties.

Special: Arcanine can push itself to speeds that is as fast as sound. This does in fact not let it use any fire attacks but only a very very fast tackle or take down and it is very useful for it to escape or to just tire out an opponent.
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

@treespyro

Sure, you're accepted. The RPG started yesterday, but it hasn't really gotten in gear yet. You're not really late. Post soon! Actual storyline begins soon.

Ok, my computer is working fine now. I'll try to get a post in tonight, but I am busy. Tomorrow morning at the latest. If that is still fine.
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698

Niihyl, will you accept characters that have natural unnatural hair colors (blue, green, pink, etc.)?
    Last edited by BlueRose; 13th May 2011 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Need to be more precise.

Meh, it'll be fine. Hopefully, you'll explain if it's been dyed, or if they were born that way.

umm... excuse me? why are TM attacks not allowed for Pokemon characters? because for example, Musica pretends to be a human, so he gets suppies in cities and such as well, and if we're talking pure-wild pokemon right now, then there are TMs that trainers drop and forget about...

Maybe it'll be better if you make it so there should be a reasonable excuse why your character can use TM moves? like Musica, or saying they were originally captured pokemon?

A pokemon which cannot be destroyed, it claims the reason for this to be that it is 'too asian'. It becomes enraged when it's heritage is questioned.

I assume TMs work because they're some sort of... instructional CD? I figured that wild Pokemon wouldn't know that sort of thing.

I found this on the internet:

"The data is fed directly into the pokeball while the pokemon is inside it, thus rewriting its digitized bio-data to teach it the new move directly.

The TMs were intentionally designed as single-use programs so the manufacturers could sell more.

The Pokemon League Administrators in each region decided that certain moves were too important to trainers in that region to handle in that way, so they had certain moves (designated HMs) and the TM/HM - Pokeball Interface Device designed for multiple uses and hardwired so that the HM moves could only be removed by specially trained professionals.

This last part is to keep them from being sued by the parents of some foolish trainer who would otherwise get stuck and die of exposure, starvation, thirst, or something.

As an added safety measure, the Zombie Protocol allows the system to activate certain moves of a "fainted" pokemon."

-Posted by TGSnowwy

Either way, it's sort of an unnatural way to learn moves, etc. Unless you eat them... HMs...

o.0 that must be made by a fan, since the real creators wouldn't forget that the move Teleport, which was originally unique to the Abra evolution line and those alone, and yet you could use the moves like HMs even when fainted... ^^;

also, in the games, manga, and most fanfics, the disk is just touched on the forehead of the pokemon, where it sends data into the pokemon...

Lol, it was fan-posted. I just thought it was pretty awesome.

Touch it to the forehead? Really? Interesting... Alright, fine. Nix the TM restriction. I'll add that somewhere.

Will you still accept Pokemon trainers or are the too many right now?
    I'd make a Ranger, but currently you may not even accept any of my characters, and I really want to rp as this one character who would work best as a trainer.

no really... it especially show up best in LeafGreen/FireRed. They show the disk being touched to the foreheads. =P

@BlueRose

Anything is fine. I don't really have any specific requirements.

yes you do. No immortal uber-demons.

Umm, right, that's what I meant. I was talking about no specific requirements towards player-class. Standard no gods rule applies... Obviously.

Alright, here we go~ Hopefully she works and will be accepted. ;3;

Name: Haru Aquaroad

Player Type: Pokémon Trainer

Appearance: Haru is somewhere between 5’4’’ to 5’5’’, depending on whose measuring her height. Primarily, she’s got a thin and athletic body build and almost all of her weight comes from muscle. She wears contacts for far away objects, as glasses often get in the way of her exercise. She has sky blue eyes and turquoise colored hair, which is all natural.

When let down, Haru’s straight, blue hair extends all the way to her rear. Many times, people have recommended to her to cut it shorter so it would be easier on her, but Haru refuses to do so, claiming that she has grown attached to it. To keep it away from getting in her face and bothering her, Haru primarily always keeps her hair up or pulled back. She has four known styles that she is fond of; pulling it back to the mid-back of her head into a ponytail, splitting her hair into two pigtails on each side of her head, pulling it back to a simple ponytail in which it starts at the bottom of her head and runs along her neck, and separating her hair into two smaller, simple ponytails that start at the area of the lower backside of her head, and continues down her back.

Clothing wise, Haru prefers athletic shirt, boots, and shorts for public clothing and long, baggy t-shirts with short shorts for private wear. For formal attire, she prefers pantsuits or tuxedos, even if the latter is supposed to be for men. Haru doesn’t like wearing skirts or dresses due to an incident from her childhood in which she was hanging down from the monkey bars and accidently flashed her whole grade with her bloomers. Needless to say, her peers never let her live that down.

Personality: Haru is a very serious, independent, hardworking and dedicated individual. For her, everything must be perfect, orderly, and complete. A topic she doesn’t know; she must study it in depth and become an expert of the topic. She will go to the ends of the earth to find the answer of her question, even if the answer doesn’t exist or is beyond her comprehension.

Academic and Pokemon-knowledge wise, Haru is a genius. Her IQ is about 160 and she graduated from high school at the age of thirteen with an incredibly high GPA. Haru loves learning and is known to be incredibly gifted and dedicated to her academics. For the most part, Haru is very introverted when around people, especially those near her age. However, Haru suddenly can become somewhat extroverted when around Pokemon, because while she can’t talk to them, she definitely enjoys being around them and playing with them.

While Haru may be a genius in her academics, she is a failure when it comes to socializing with people. She is incredibly blunt, has no sense of humor, takes things way to seriously, and often appears rude when she goes out of her way to correct someone. She thinks it’s helpful, while most people think it’s annoying. Haru is a sweet girl with good intentions, but often just irritates most. She has a hard time trusting people due to her abandonment issues stemmed from when her father left her and her mother without any kind of notice at a young age.

History: Haru was born to a middle class family in Johto. Her father was a famous researcher, mythology buff, and archeologist while her mother owns a Pokemon day-care. After her father disappeared, Haru was forced to help her mom take care of the day care along with her mom, and because of that Haru never really got used to playing with other children, and was more focused on becoming an adult before she was ever truly ready. During her childhood, Haru never really made any friends her own age or her own kind. But she doesn’t mind, in fact, she prefers that as it is easier to get along with Pokemon versus people. Haru has traveled across the world and has explored many regions including secret remote islands and places that the public doesn’t know much about. Haru has never once met the old man who plans to slay Arceus, and rather has appeared in the past by pure accident. She is not aware of the planned killing of Arceus, but would do anything she can as a way to prevent that from happening, and would attempt to find a way to convince Arceus to not try to destroy his own creation and then stop the other humans from killing it.

Pokémon:
    Name: Missy
    Species: Misdreavus
    Appearance: Missy looks like most Misdreavus, with the exception that he wears a red bow right above his left eye (or on his head/hair).
    Personality: Missy is a very proud and high maintenance Pokemon. He’s very self-conscious and always makes sure that it’s looking its best. He has a keen eye for fashion, beautiful things, and has a special fondness for gems and ribbons. Despite its name and taste in fashion, Missy is very much a male and will be personally offended if it finds out you mistook it for a female. Missy has no real interest in battling, but loves exploring, since more than not, Haru often stumbles upon forgotten treasure. Missy often gets into fights with Cornelius.
    Special: N/A

Pokémon:
    Name: Cornelius
    Species: Totodile
    Appearance: Cornelius looks like the average Totodile, with the exception that it wears a pair of black glasses sometimes.
    Personality: Incredibly hasty, energetic, and impatient. Cornelius adores battling, but often rushes into one without thinking and often gets his rear end beaten. Besides battling, Cornelius loves to eat and eat and eat some more. Cornelius does not get along well with Missy.

Pokémon:
    Name: Pilot
    Species: Flygon
    Appearance: Pilot looks like the average Flygon, with the exception that it wears a red scarf around it’s neck.
    Personality: Very laid-back and easy going. Pilot likes to battle, but his favorite thing to do is fly. Lucky for him, Haru likes to do that as well and the two often fly for hours together. Pilot is very fond of Haru and gets along very well with her other Pokemon.
    Last edited by BlueRose; 13th May 2011 at 3:21 AM.

@BlueRose

Alright, first of all, put extra lines in between paragraphs, since it's kind of hard to read the huge blocks of text. Otherwise, it looks good. Do you think you can fit your character in somehow? We're already in the Past...
    ACCEPTED

Thanks, and yeah, I think I can work something in. I just need to read the posts you guys made so I can tell where you guys are. I'll edit my profile soon.

Hey, just so you don't think I fell of the planet, I've been busy and don't think I'll have the time for an RP just yet. Really sorry to drop out, but looks like your Ranger numbers have grown. Hope your RP goes well!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast