Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Kirby Club

Default The Kirby Club

"First you draw a circle, then you dot the eyes, add a great big smile, and presto, it's Kirby!"

In the early 90's, Masahiro Sakurai, known for creating the Super Smash Bros. Series, brought to life one of the greatest and hands-down the cutest video game character ever.

Kirby, the Pink Puffball, has been successful for several years.
    Portrayed as one of the sweetest, cutest, most kind video game characters, there is not a single reason why anyone should not want to grab Kirby and hug him tightly. None.

Starring in around 30 games, it's own anime, and several other media, the Kirby franchise continues to grow and become fluffier and puffier to an extent that several characters, from Super Mario World to The Legend of Zelda to Fire Emblem to Pokemon, have felt the true power of the Pink Puffball.

Before we get to the good stuff,make sure you read the rules and have fun!

-All general Forum Rules apply here.
    -All Club rules apply as well.
    -Stay active, at least one post per month is fine.
    -Keep spoilers in spoiler tags please.
    -Stay puffy!

HTML Code:
    [B]Username[/B]:
    [B]Reason for Joining[/B]:
    [B]Favorite Kirby Color[/B]:
    Pick a color from these:

Spoiler:- Sprites:

Credit: Drshnaps of Spriters Resource

xDIRCIOx
    SilverLanayru

Bakphoon™
    BlissyMKW
    Wego
    Glitchy
    vanillite1
    Shayminslicker
    Nightmare Fuel
    Xuxuba
    Cloneydew2000
    EonMaster101
    Kiruria
    Zbger
    ~Emolga~

Strike 1: Warning
    Strike 2: Week Ban
    Strike 3+: Month Ban

What was the first Kirby game you played?
    What is your favorite Kirby game?
    What is your favorite Copy Ability?
    What is your favorite music from the Kirby series?
    What do you like/love about the Kirby series in general?
    What are your thoughts on the next upcoming installment: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse?

Credit to Astral Shadow

xDIRCIOx for the main banner :]
    Silver Lanayru for the Subtitles
    Astral Shadow for the Buttons
    Drshnaps (Spriters Resource) for Kirby Sprites

Last edited by xDIRCIOx; Yesterday at 6:26 AM.

Credit: Astral Shadow (Buttons)
    xDIRCIOx (Banner and Userbar)

My computer was stuck doing a disk check for hours, so I spent my time playing Smash while waiting. xD (And I am wiped out. lol)

Anyways, reserving this post for potential club activities.
    The Eternian Forces: Harena Region's Thief
    3DS FC: 1977-0801-2134 | NNID: SilverLanayru | Rawr~ <3

Pokégyms Badge Progress | Credits

Freakin' finally, a Kirby Club.

Username: BakphoonTM
    Reason for Joining: I absolutely adore Kirby! It's so cute, powerful and its always fun playing through the series' games.
    Favorite Kirby Color: Orange.
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

Username: BlissyMKW
    Reason for Joining: The concept of a Kirby club interests me. Since I started playing Kirby Triple Deluxe, I've rekindled my past liking for the series, despite there not being games released too often. As a result, while lurking...I mean looking through threads, I stumbled upon this one and thought "Hmmm, this looks interesting. Maybe I can give joining a shot." And that's what leads to now.
    Favorite Kirby Color: SSBM White. It's the same color as the White Kirby in Kirby Air Ride, and I always used that color whenever I played that game back when I owned it years back when the GCN was still a big thing, but that's another story for another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakphoon™ View Post
    Freakin' finally, a Kirby Club.

Username: BakphoonTM
    Reason for Joining: I absolutely adore Kirby! It's so cute, powerful and its always fun playing through the series' games.
    Favorite Kirby Color: Orange.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissyMKW View Post
    Username: BlissyMKW
    Reason for Joining: The concept of a Kirby club interests me. Since I started playing Kirby Triple Deluxe, I've rekindled my past liking for the series, despite there not being games released too often. As a result, while lurking...I mean looking through threads, I stumbled upon this one and thought "Hmmm, this looks interesting. Maybe I can give joining a shot." And that's what leads to now.
    Favorite Kirby Color: SSBM White. It's the same color as the White Kirby in Kirby Air Ride, and I always used that color whenever I played that game back when I owned it years back when the GCN was still a big thing, but that's another story for another time.
    Both of you are accepted. xP Welcome~
    Dircio will add you guys to the member list soon, I hope. lol

Speaking of Kirby, ever since I rusted with my Ike in Smash, Kirby's becoming one of my stronger secondaries now. xD
    Hmmm, maybe once we get more members (least of those who have the latest Smash game), I think it'd be fun to host a Kirby-theme tourney in Smash. owo
    But otherwise, let's take it nice and easy. :3 I think I should get back to doing Triple Deluxe stuff sometime, because I haven't collected all the keychains yet.

Yes, yes, I'll add you guys soon, no worries! My weekends are rather busy, so I can't update the OP until Monday, but yes, everyone is accepted!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLanayru View Post
    Both of you are accepted. xP Welcome~
    Dircio will add you guys to the member list soon, I hope. lol

Speaking of Kirby, ever since I rusted with my Ike in Smash, Kirby's becoming one of my stronger secondaries now. xD
    Hmmm, maybe once we get more members (least of those who have the latest Smash game), I think it'd be fun to host a Kirby-theme tourney in Smash. owo
    But otherwise, let's take it nice and easy. :3 I think I should get back to doing Triple Deluxe stuff sometime, because I haven't collected all the keychains yet.
    For now, take it easy, then settle it in Smash later. Speaking of Triple Deluxe, I still gotta finish that game, but I'll probably be ultra distracted with other games for a while. I might also try to get around to finishing Kirby Super Star because completionist status...and because I played Super Star Ultra but not the original version.

Username:Wego
    Reason for Joining:I just this little pink hero just by eating he can gain cool powers
    Favorite Kirby Color:Pink no better color
    I have claimed Minun

Quote Originally Posted by Wego View Post
    Username:Wego
    Reason for Joining:I just this little pink hero just by eating he can gain cool powers
    Favorite Kirby Color:Pink no better color
    Accepted, will update the OP in about 2 hours.

In the meantime, feel free to converse about any topic, whether it's in the OP or not. I can add new topics if anyone would like.

Yay! Kirby!

Username: Glitchy
    Reason for Joining: I love Kirby, he's cute and has very good games.
    Favorite Kirby Color: Advance Meta Knight, Meta Knight's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchy View Post
    Yay! Kirby!

Username: Glitchy
    Reason for Joining: I love Kirby, he's cute and has very good games.
    Favorite Kirby Color: Advance Meta Knight, Meta Knight's awesome.
    Application accepted. Welcome to the Kirby Club~

I'll start us off with a topic, in this case. owo

My first Kirby game was actually the remake to Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land for the GBA. I got this game while I was visiting my relatives in Canada back in 2004, and I was like, "Why have I not played Kirby yet?" So when I got it, I got hooked very fast. xP Ahhh, memories~ ... though I admit, Nightmare was scary to me back then, especially with the way he attacks. >.< Also, Fountain of Dreams theme~
    Speaking of, I heard this game is currently on the WiiU Virtual Console. Have yet to decide if I should get it or not, since I no longer have my physical copy. ;w;

Nightmare in Dream Land happens to be my first as well. Though my favorites are Kirby Super Star Ultra, Kirby 64, and Kirby Triple Deluxe. 3DX's soundtrack is delicious!

My first Kirby game was Nightmare in Dreamland as well, but Kirby Air Ride is a very close second. A friend of mine let me borrow it and I played through the whole thing in a day. While I liked the game, the only thing that bothers me now about that game is how you always lose your copy ability if you take a hit. I prefer how they went with Triple Deluxe's style of allowing you to keep your ability unless you hit lava or die or something serious along those lines.
    Not taking any battles due to losing a lot of competitive Pokemon as a result of SD Card corruption

Kirby's Superstar Ultra. Found it 6 years ago. A complete blast to play, and great graphics.
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

Username: vanillite1
    Reason for Joining: kirby is so cute
    Favorite Kirby Color: pink just normal

if you praise goomy and want helix to burn to hell put this in your sig (started by vanillite1)
    99.9% of everyone at SPPF have a sig. If you're part of the .1% that doesn't, put this in your- Ah, shoot!
    chansey sweep!
    F. E. A. R. this guy?
    my awesome sweep XD

credit to astral shadow
    click my pokemon

pokefarm Q profile
    I have claimed vanillish and pokemon battle trozei

Quote Originally Posted by vanillite1 View Post
    Username: vanillite1
    Reason for Joining: kirby is so cute
    Favorite Kirby Color: pink just normal
    Accepted, make sure you delete your first post though...

Will update the OP soon, very sick atm

When I saw this I was so excited!

Username: Shayminslicker
    Reason for Joining: Kirby is my 2nd favorite Franchise next to Pokemon. I never really get to talk about it much......
    Favorite Kirby Color: Advance Ice
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Kirby's Superstar Ultra. Found it 6 years ago. A complete blast to play, and great graphics.
    kirby's adventure I downloaded it on my 3ds (3d classics) without knowing about emulators and ROMs :s

if you praise goomy and want helix to burn to hell put this in your sig (started by vanillite1)
    99.9% of everyone at SPPF have a sig. If you're part of the .1% that doesn't, put this in your- Ah, shoot!
    chansey sweep!
    F. E. A. R. this guy?
    my awesome sweep XD

credit to astral shadow
    click my pokemon

pokefarm Q profile
    I have claimed vanillish and pokemon battle trozei

Quote Originally Posted by xDIRCIOx View Post
    Nightmare in Dream Land happens to be my first as well. Though my favorites are Kirby Super Star Ultra, Kirby 64, and Kirby Triple Deluxe. 3DX's soundtrack is delicious!
    *cough* Can't deny the awesomeness of Moonstruck Blossom. <3
    I also have the Floral Fields music played more often on The Great Cave Offensive stage in Smash WiiU. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminslicker View Post
    When I saw this I was so excited!

Username: Shayminslicker
    Reason for Joining: Kirby is my 2nd favorite Franchise next to Pokemon. I never really get to talk about it much......
    Favorite Kirby Color: Advance Ice
    Application accepted. Welcome to the club~
    Feel free to join in the discussions. :3

Quote Originally Posted by vanillite1 View Post
    kirby's adventure I downloaded it on my 3ds (3d classics) without knowing about emulators and ROMs :s
    This is Serebii Forums, where Roms and Emulators aren't in our dictionary because rules

Also Moonstruck Blossom is a work of art.

11/10 just enough water

Will probably update OP via phone later. Welcome all new members!

I'm going to be honest and say that I can't remember my first Kirby game, but I think it was Kirby Super star Ultra. It stands as one of my favorite Kirby games. To me the best part was that you can use Abilites in Many ways rather than just one way.

Favorite Kirby games?

Personally I'd have to pick Crystal Shards and 3DX. Crystal Shards had a nice soundrack, and its final boss was a huge twist from the cuteness you saw during level one. Also Needle Cutter is my favourite ability!

3DX is just awesome in every way, my only complaint is that bosses hide for 5 minutes and only take damage for ten seconds. Then there's Meta Knight, who blocks for those ten seconds.

Favorite Kirby games?

Personally I'd have to pick Crystal Shards and 3DX. Crystal Shards had a nice soundrack, and its final boss was a huge twist from the cuteness you saw during level one. Also Needle Cutter is my favourite ability!

3DX is just awesome in every way, my only complaint is that bosses hide for 5 minutes and only take damage for ten seconds. Then there's Meta Knight, who blocks for those ten seconds.
    To me Kirbys Return to Dream land takes the cake. I love the soundtrack and I love the different abilities you can use through out the game. I loved Magalor and I loved the Ultra abilities. It also has that one level were it turns into a side scrolling shooter. (Super star had it too, but it seemed short to me.)

Favorite Kirby games?

Gotta go with Super Star Ultra. Since the only games I played before it were Nightmare in Dreamland, Air Ride, and Squeak Squad, Super Star Ultra interested me the most...and I went tryhard on it. I tried to get 100% completion on it, and that's where The True Arena drove in and put a huge wall in front of that. I still did it eventually after a lot of failure and getting wrecked by Kracko's Revenge and the final five bosses.
    Not taking any battles due to losing a lot of competitive Pokemon as a result of SD Card corruption

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminslicker View Post
    It also has that one level were it turns into a side scrolling shooter. (Super star had it too, but it seemed short to me.)
    Gotta agree with you there. Those sections were always extremely easy and very short lived. Kirby's Epic Yarn had a level or two that was sort of like the side scrolling shooters, but I haven't played it yet to confirm that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast