Page 107 of 169 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 4209

Thread: Yugioh Club

Quote Originally Posted by Crawley007 View Post
    Infernity would be so good if they didn't burn to Macro Cosmos and the like
    Well macro kills almost everything, even when I use decks like prophecy I still cringe when its flipped.

But thats probably more to the fact that I run reaper and not standard XD

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Well macro kills almost everything, even when I use decks like prophecy I still cringe when its flipped.

But thats probably more to the fact that I run reaper and not standard XD
    Yes that's true :P I think that's why a lot of people scream for Macro to be banned or limited, but I think the game would be even worse without it. Some decks would be too powerful.

I have fallen in love with Gishkis. Not only are they my favorite type of monster (Ritual), but they can swarm the feild, which all other Ritual based decks cant do immediately.

THis deck can swarm like crazy, and basically reset your opponent's deck by sending back cards to their deck from the field, hand, and graveyard, leaving them wide open for an OTK and even an FTK.

Yeh, i mixed pokemon with Yugioh. so what? i liek it...
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/no61ic.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to FairyWitch for the buttons and Sworn Metalhead for the Userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrius View Post
    I have fallen in love with Gishkis. Not only are they my favorite type of monster (Ritual), but they can swarm the feild, which all other Ritual based decks cant do immediately.

THis deck can swarm like crazy, and basically reset your opponent's deck by sending back cards to their deck from the field, hand, and graveyard, leaving them wide open for an OTK and even an FTK.

Yeh, i mixed pokemon with Yugioh. so what? i liek it...
    i was was really close to making a gishki deck but never got around to it really just lost intreast...lately i have been really losing intreast in yugioh i don't know why...its not like im getting beat by someone or something just i don't know but im gunna come back somehow...i know i am...im gunna try to make a really cool prophecy deck...my second spellcaster deck...

master league fairy gym leader

Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    i was was really close to making a gishki deck but never got around to it really just lost intreast...lately i have been really losing intreast in yugioh i don't know why...its not like im getting beat by someone or something just i don't know but im gunna come back somehow...i know i am...im gunna try to make a really cool prophecy deck...my second spellcaster deck...
    you know that happens to me all the time...eventually there's just too much of the game and you kinda get overwelmed and overloaded with it. Sometimes its nice to take a step back and not think about what your building next, or anything with your own stuff, and just go back to where it all started and watch Yugi rape every rule of the game lol

White 2 Team: Currently working on that....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Crawley007 View Post
    Yes that's true :P I think that's why a lot of people scream for Macro to be banned or limited, but I think the game would be even worse without it. Some decks would be too powerful.
    Well I would think banisher of the radiance and dimensional prison can do the job.

Well I would think banisher of the radiance and dimensional prison can do the job.
    Honestly they can't. Macro has that element of surprise that when an opponent activates an effect that has anything graveyard based screws that play over along with others in the future. Banisher is good, but it lacks that surprise element, and Dimensional Prison does do good in banishing, however it's only when they attack....which at that point may be too late to banish one monster...Even Dimensional Fissure loses that surprise aspect which makes it harder to play around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunaiman9u9 View Post
    Honestly they can't. Macro has that element of surprise that when an opponent activates an effect that has anything graveyard based screws that play over along with others in the future. Banisher is good, but it lacks that surprise element, and Dimensional Prison does do good in banishing, however it's only when they attack....which at that point may be too late to banish one monster...Even Dimensional Fissure loses that surprise aspect which makes it harder to play around.
    I still think its kind of OP. it completely shuts down many decks much like Royal oppresion did back in the day. I think they should release a nerfed version that say only worked for 1 turn or destroys itself after a time limit.

I still think its kind of OP. it completely shuts down many decks much like Royal oppresion did back in the day. I think they should release a nerfed version that say only worked for 1 turn or destroys itself after a time limit.
    It's really not needed...when the emphasis on the Banished zone started becoming more and more prevalent, thats when Konami made this format...3 MST, Heavy Storm, and plenty of cards with backrow destruction capability. That way in order to use Macro properly you'll need to protect it more.

I hear ya. That's what happened to me with pokemon sadly :L

the deck instantly clicked for me. hey I have a topic:

What makes you want to run a new type of deck?

THe fact that as stated, gishkis were rituals made me remember of the good ol days, and water has been an underused attribute for a while. Fire just ****ing exploded ever since Zexal. jesus christ theres lavals, hazy flames, Brother hood of the fire fists, Fire kings, and Evolzars!

THe fact that as stated, gishkis were rituals made me remember of the good ol days, and water has been an underused attribute for a while. Fire just ****ing exploded ever since Zexal. jesus christ theres lavals, hazy flames, Brother hood of the fire fists, Fire kings, and Evolzars!
    I prefer the underrated decks, I take it as a challenge to show people the real power behind a deck that no one thinks can win competitively, that's why I build my monarch deck, people doubted the frog engine for an effective way to tribute summon. That's what I'm looking for now in my next deck

That's how I feel about the card game right now. I took a long break from the dueling scene and when I returned I expected to see tons of new interesting and diverse themes, but nothing much has changed imo. Everyone still runs the most popular deck types of the moment and everyone keeps their eyes open for the next big theme. I thought the card game would evolve and that there would be more originality, but there's not much difference between the current era and the infamous chaos era imo. That's why I mostly just collect.

I prefer the underrated decks, I take it as a challenge to show people the real power behind a deck that no one thinks can win competitively, that's why I build my monarch deck, people doubted the frog engine for an effective way to tribute summon. That's what I'm looking for now in my next deck
    That is Exactly what i do myself. I just made a Psycho Gusto Deck, and even since Emergency teleport became unlimited, the deck is super fast, and thanks to creature swap, psychic jumper, and Reeze, Whirlwind of Gusto, I can take control of my opponent's monster, giving the deck the needed power to overwhelm the opponent.

Psycho Gusto Deck

I doubt it's possible in this format. E dragons and Prophecys are just so strong you need to tailor your deck specifically to beat one and then lose to the other or hope to draw good.

I doubt it's possible in this format. E dragons and Prophecys are just so strong you need to tailor your deck specifically to beat one and then lose to the other or hope to draw good.
    Not neccisarily, my frognarch deck had everything to take down anything in the meta provided i don't get cruddy hands, and I'm sure I can find a new deck to work on that will provide similar results lol, that's half the fun for me.

I have never anything in real life but the first archetype I ever picked up. I like to stay "loyal" to it.

On DN I use different stuff though.

I usually stay away from long combo centered decks unless its Exodia or infernity. I tried a Gishkill deck and it took 35 minutes for one round. That is too long.

I usually stay away from long combo centered decks unless its Exodia or infernity. I tried a Gishkill deck and it took 35 minutes for one round. That is too long.
    lol yeah, all that discarding to get the monsters and then activating all of the effects to clear the feild before attacking, not to mention you really need to over analyze your moves so you dont misplay and mess up the chain. they can get pretty complicated, but they are really powerful.

in YGO Pro, you have a 3 minute time limit per turn though, and only increases as you do moves, so if you take too long on one move, you lose >.> Tourney rules :I

lol yeah, all that discarding to get the monsters and then activating all of the effects to clear the feild before attacking, not to mention you really need to over analyze your moves so you dont misplay and mess up the chain. they can get pretty complicated, but they are really powerful.

in YGO Pro, you have a 3 minute time limit per turn though, and only increases as you do moves, so if you take too long on one move, you lose >.> Tourney rules :I
    Yup, thems the breaks of a constantly growing competitive environment and the comunity of 10 year old losers who whine at every loss

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I don't recall certain parts of GX. Season three itself was mostly just a complete blur imo. The plot was refreshing at first and Cobra/Viper seemed like a good villain, but I didn't think there were any outstanding moments after that; the whole dimension switch thing that happened near the middle of the season was kind of silly and unnecessary. The rest of the season was just duel after duel and occasionally there would be a death even though most of the dead characters were revived at the end of the season. GX's weakness was that it didn't have a coherent plot half the time in my opinion.
    GX was awesome when it wanted to be heh heh I just loved the character interactions and the duels were really cool too. I think my favourite one was Jaden vs Edo round 2 cuz Jaden got beat hard and he learned to use the neo spacian series. I guess I was just mad that Edo lost on purpose the first time they dueled and it was nice to see Edo go all out against Jaden's E-heroes with his D-heroes. Speaking of that I actually still have my D-hero deck somewhere but it sucks cuz I never got Disc commander or D Draw.

Whats everyones favourite set btw?? Mine was Phantom Darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Black View Post
    GX was awesome when it wanted to be heh heh I just loved the character interactions and the duels were really cool too. I think my favourite one was Jaden vs Edo round 2 cuz Jaden got beat hard and he learned to use the neo spacian series. I guess I was just mad that Edo lost on purpose the first time they dueled and it was nice to see Edo go all out against Jaden's E-heroes with his D-heroes. Speaking of that I actually still have my D-hero deck somewhere but it sucks cuz I never got Disc commander or D Draw.

My favorite would have to be Hidden Arsenal 6. I like and run Steelswarms, Gustos, and Gishkis because the style of play with those decks retain qualities of original decks like Aliens, Relinquished deck, and Gustos are like Kamakiri except they can also be destroyed by card effect and the can loop search.

My favorite would have to be Hidden Arsenal 6. I like and run Steelswarms, Gustos, and Gishkis because the style of play with those decks retain qualities of original decks like Aliens, Relinquished deck, and Gustos are like Kamakiri except they can also be destroyed by card effect and the can loop search.
    HA4 and 7 are my faves. Bird man, trishula, evilswarm, Gishkis, all there. I also liked the last 3 sets and order of chaos.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 16th May 2013 at 4:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Black View Post
    I thought Jadan vs. Yugi was cool. Granted, it didn't have a proper ending but seeing two protagonists from different series duel against each other was awesome. I kind of wish that Yusei had dueled Jaden at the end of 5D's to continue the pattern, but I don't think he was mentioned nor even referenced to outside of the Bonds Beyond Time movie, which I thought was pretty mediocre for all the hype it received.

I think Phantom Darkness along with Invasion of Chaos are overrated. That's not to say that I don't use some of the cards from those sets (I love my Dark Armed Dragon and BLS), but the sets as a whole didn't spark creativity and only stagnated the game imo, so I generally consider them to be just average. I think my favorite sets are Strike of Neos because it gave Ritual monsters and Normal monsters some much-needed support, and Crossroads of Chaos because it gave us Plant support and one of my favorite Synchro monsters ever: Black Rose Dragon. I pretty much like every set to a certain extent though. I'm even a little fond of Cyberdark Impact despite its reputation as the worst Yu-Gi-Oh set ever (I'm personally fond of Snipe Hunter and Chain Strike).

I gotta say my favorite set was and is Shadow of Infinity, for no other reason but Treeborn frog as an Ultimate Rare <3. Oh man it's so smexy I can't control myself haha

An update on Shadow Specters.

http://shriek.twoday.net/stories/326529751/#comments

The Ghostrick monsters are very interesting.

Page 107 of 169 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast