Page 126 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 4288

Thread: Yugioh Club

Had tokens been able to be Xyz materials, THEN I see a need to limit/ban Scapegoat. Not only that, but then Mecha Phantom Beasts would probably be the most broken archetype in the game. *Shudders*
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by mjunior3 View Post
    Had tokens been able to be Xyz materials, THEN I see a need to limit/ban Scapegoat. Not only that, but then Mecha Phantom Beasts would probably be the most broken archetype in the game. *Shudders*
    MPBs will never need to use scapegoats. And even if they could use them as xyzs it still would be as a last resort, not as a main move.

Hell, I would use Draccosack, and Scapegoat, and rule the field for a couple turns. (This is, of course, I could afford one *Smiles sheepishly*) Oh, pun intended, lol.

Btw, welcome back, Trop19

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

I Pokemonfan13, understand every rule that is in this club and will pledge to only talk about yugioh and not get off topic.

Getting back into Yugioh since the last time I played was spring of 2006. Used to go to a place called The Gathering over at Cape Cod. But it closed so kinda gave up playing but want to get into it again.

I've gone on a Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal hiatus because the Legendary Numbers arc was boring me to death. Everything after the WDC has been really tedious and uninteresting imo. I only kept myself watching because I thought that things would get better but I'm just not feeling it anymore. I'll resume watching next month or something. As for the TCG, I ordered a ton of Judgment of the Light cards and they arrived yesterday. It was funny though because all the cards got stuck together; probably because of the heat and/or the ink or something. Anyway the set is nice. I'm looking forward to Shadow Specters more though.

Yeah, same here. Only a couple Synchros and Bujins(probably expensive as hell) interested me, and more Bujins come with SSpecters, along with some new Zombies (finally).

Angel of zera, armades, and star eater are sweet

Man, Star Eater is soooo epic. That could EASILY be put in my deck.

Man, Star Eater is soooo epic. That could EASILY be put in my deck.
    I see it becoming common in some peoples decks and no wonder. Over 3000 attack and is unaffected by card effects when summoned and attacking..... I want one

I, The Teller, understand every rule that is in this club and will pledge to only talk about yugioh and not get off topic.

I'm what I call a "retired Duelist." I played the game back before GX came out and was quite the contender at the local Toys R Us gathering every weekend (didn't hurt that most of the duelists there were little kids who only knew the Duelist Kingdom rules). However, life came into play and the gatherings ended and all my friends who did play moved away and so I just stopped playing (though I never deconstructed my deck). I just spent the summer watching all of 5Ds, so I felt compelled to go through my cards again. Because I was out of action for years, I own around 3 Syncho cards and only recently obtained Xyz cards, and I also have no idea what the new archetypes are all about. I do know that the old school cards I have are simply no match for the fast-paced metagame nowadays. How out of it am I? The deck I'm currently working on is a Rock/Flip Earth deck. Not a Koa'ki Meiru or Fossil deck. A deck simply focusing on various, non-related Rock type monster cards. The goal of the deck is to get Exxod out and abuse Earth monsters that can flip themselves back to facedown position to burn away the opponent's LP. It's fun. If that fails, hey, sacrifice a dozen rock monsters in my graveyard to power up my Megarock Dragon and suddenly my defensive deck goes offensive.

Credit for picture: "Emma" (littlebuster-k2); Credit for signature: 9dragonsbreed
    So you should expect the truth from me. Only, you shouldn't expect it to be the truth you assumed.
    Oh yes, and you should read my story Happenings Between Goals.

Quote Originally Posted by The Teller View Post
    I, The Teller, understand every rule that is in this club and will pledge to only talk about yugioh and not get off topic.

I'm what I call a "retired Duelist." I played the game back before GX came out and was quite the contender at the local Toys R Us gathering every weekend (didn't hurt that most of the duelists there were little kids who only knew the Duelist Kingdom rules). However, life came into play and the gatherings ended and all my friends who did play moved away and so I just stopped playing (though I never deconstructed my deck). I just spent the summer watching all of 5Ds, so I felt compelled to go through my cards again. Because I was out of action for years, I own around 3 Syncho cards and only recently obtained Xyz cards, and I also have no idea what the new archetypes are all about. I do know that the old school cards I have are simply no match for the fast-paced metagame nowadays. How out of it am I? The deck I'm currently working on is a Rock/Flip Earth deck. Not a Koa'ki Meiru or Fossil deck. A deck simply focusing on various, non-related Rock type monster cards. The goal of the deck is to get Exxod out and abuse Earth monsters that can flip themselves back to facedown position to burn away the opponent's LP. It's fun. If that fails, hey, sacrifice a dozen rock monsters in my graveyard to power up my Megarock Dragon and suddenly my defensive deck goes offensive.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I stopped playing around midway through GX and got rid of all my cards (such a short sight!) because I hardly knew anyone who played or dueled anyone besides my cousin. I got back in last year when I went to collage when one of my friends starting getting back into it.

Archetypes that are dominate now are Dragon Rulers (broken) Prophecy/spellbook (broken mostly because of Judgment) fireking, and fire fist. There are lesser ones like six samurai, dark world and inzektors though not as good as the other archetypes I said.

Post a list up here and let people see what your deck is like. People can help point you in the right direction or just help you know what deck to use. I'm not sure about your deck at the minute going by what you said. It sounds slow and compared to the main decks now they can OTK very easily very early on.

Also what do you think of 5D's? I tried watching it but can't get into it. I saw one episode of zexal an thought it was much better.
    Last edited by Nightmareisalive; 14th August 2013 at 10:58 PM.

Is it the motorcycles that make you dislike 5ds?

Also that moment when you realize theres a gap between summin and battle where compulsory can hit eater...

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    Is it the motorcycles that make you dislike 5ds?

Also that moment when you realize theres a gap between summin and battle where compulsory can hit eater...
    Pretty much I think the idea is really stupid and speed/turbo duels bore me. The show takes itself way too seriously to begin with. The other series pretty much started off as just a card game until other things came up that made the card game more serious and I just can't get into the characters. I watched the first five episodes and thought "meh" so I watched a duel later in the show were they both weren't speed dueling and enjoyed it. Then they went back to the motorbikes and I got bored again. I do want to enjoy the series but I just can't....

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Pretty much I think the idea is really stupid and speed/turbo duels bore me. The show takes itself way too seriously to begin with. The other series pretty much started off as just a card game until other things came up that made the card game more serious and I just can't get into the characters. I watched the first five episodes and thought "meh" so I watched a duel later in the show were they both weren't speed dueling and enjoyed it. Then they went back to the motorbikes and I got bored again. I do want to enjoy the series but I just can't....
    Well give it a couple of years and then go back to 5ds, you'll be suprised. And there are plenty of ground duels in the show since 2 of the signers can't ride motorcycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    Well give it a couple of years and then go back to 5ds, you'll be suprised. And there are plenty of ground duels in the show since 2 of the signers can't ride motorcycles.
    Hopefully there are interesting archetypes involved and I don't want to miss out on seeing them in action.

Has anyone here know how to beat infernity decks? Anytime I run into them I lose without doing a scratch to them. They are one annoying archetype

I didn't really care for the "card games on motorcycles" thing at first either but at least it added something new to the franchise. I honestly got used to it after a while and it didn't bother me as much as it did other people. 5D's was rarely boring in my opinion. I mean aside from the fillers during season 2 the show was really interesting and I liked that it was serious. It reminded me of Yu-Gi-Oh DM because like DM, 5D's actually had a plot from the beginning compared to GX and Zexal which both took like 25+ episodes to get anywhere imo. But that's enough ranting from me. :P

I'm in the same boat as you. I stopped playing around midway through GX and got rid of all my cards (such a short sight!) because I hardly knew anyone who played or dueled anyone besides my cousin. I got back in last year when I went to collage when one of my friends starting getting back into it.

Archetypes that are dominate now are Dragon Rulers (broken) Prophecy/spellbook (broken mostly because of Judgment) fireking, and fire fist. There are lesser ones like six samurai, dark world and inzektors though not as good as the other archetypes I said.

Post a list up here and let people see what your deck is like. People can help point you in the right direction or just help you know what deck to use. I'm not sure about your deck at the minute going by what you said. It sounds slow and compared to the main decks now they can OTK very easily very early on.

Also what do you think of 5D's? I tried watching it but can't get into it. I saw one episode of zexal an thought it was much better.
    I'll post a list later (away from deck ((AFD?))). I actually rather liked 5Ds (Sherry, dat accent...). I liked the fact that it took itself so seriously and not EVERY duel was a riding duel. And I pretty much instantly fell into platonic love with Carly. The Dark Signers arc was dark and serious and I loved it for that. The WRGP arc however...I don't care if it's technically 3-on-3. A single duel against non-final-villains shouldn't be going on for 6+ episodes. I haven't watched any of Zexal. I thought the main protagonist felt too 1st season Jaden for me.

Credit for picture: "Emma" (littlebuster-k2); Credit for signature: 9dragonsbreed
    So you should expect the truth from me. Only, you shouldn't expect it to be the truth you assumed.

Alot of things above I will comment on:

Good Archetypes: Good one's now also include Blackwings, Lightsworn, Galaxy/Photon, and Gravekeeper/ Malefic/ Skill Drain is SUPER annoying.

The Teller's deck: It works, but takes too long to setup (unless you're very lucky) compared to the new decks, where your key monster is out turn 2 vs. turn 13 or something.

5D's: I loved it. I like the new style of duels (Turbo Duels), and the fact that it's more serious than Gx and Zexal (except Astral World being destroyed or something).

If another series comes after Zexal, I believe the trend will continue, from Yugi (epic), Jaden (clutz), Yusei (epic), Yuma (clutz), too ? (hopefully epic)

For your guys' viewing horror, my Rock/Flip Earth deck (note the lack of Synchros and Xyzs, and cards released after 2006):
    Block Golem
    Criosphinx (great if I'm sending stuff back to the hand)
    Des Lacooda
    Exxod, Master of the Guard
    Giant Rat (x2)
    Gigantes
    Gogogo Golem
    Golem Sentry (x2)
    Great Spirit
    Guardian Sphinx
    Hieracosphinx
    Ironhammer the Giant (Amazon-ed this)
    Legendary Jujitsu Master
    Medusa Worm
    Megarock Dragon
    Mine Golem
    Moai Interceptor Cannons (x2)
    Morphing Jar #2
    Royal Keeper
    Stone Statue of the Aztecs
    Attack the Moon! (can't believe this is a real card; Amazon-ed it)
    Catapult Zone
    Continuous Destruction Punch
    Magical Mallet
    Messenger of Peace
    Mystical Space Typhoon (not sure what the new ban list says about this)
    Swords of Revealing Light
    The Dark Door
    Unity
    A Feint Plan (x3)
    Call of the Haunted
    Compulsory Evacuation Device
    Half or Nothing
    Magic Jammer
    Ordeal of the Traveler (x2)
    Release from Stone
    Seven Tools of the Bandit
    Taunt
    Waboku

Why yes, this IS a modified version of the rock structure deck that came out some years ago, why do you ask? The goal is to stop opponents from attacking, get Exxod out, flip stuff (Medusa Worm destroys monsters, Golem Sentry sends them back to the hand), burn LP, party. If Exxod is destroyed, use Guardian Sphinx to clear out the field and weenie-rush to victory, or use Megarock Dragon to do stuff. Worst possible case scenario (cause a stalemate): hope the opponent uses a 40 card deck and hope to deck them out with my 45 card deck. And now you know the horror of old school.

Also, forgot to mention: didn't like Leo. Also thought that the first several episodes of 5Ds, while they did drag on, were written well enough that I didn't mind. If we're talking about OLD old school, I also thoroughly enjoyed the KC Grand Prix filler arc. Fast paced and light without being too light, focus on new decks and strategies, and Siegfreid was an entertaining villain.

Hmmmmmm, very effective deck. The thing is; it is a Flip. It takes to long. Maybe (if anyone, actually), if you want to test your deck on me via voice-chat, let me know, and I'll give it a go.

Hmmmmmm, very effective deck. The thing is; it is a Flip. It takes to long. Maybe (if anyone, actually), if you want to test your deck on me via voice-chat, let me know, and I'll give it a go.
    I actually have several decks constructed (all around the same level of quality and oldness), so I use them to test my decks. Yes, I duel myself. It's not that hard since I can induce short term forgetfulness on myself, so I never know what my "opponent" has on the field or in the hand. The Flip deck does pretty well, actually. Guardian Sphinx almost always ensures victory if I can get him out. Thanks for the offer, though.

Confession time: I have a weakness for cards advertised as trios (the 3 God cards, the 3 Sacred Beasts, the 3 Wicked cards, etc.). When I bought my rock support cards, I also bought Jack's Knight, for no reason other than I already had King's Knight and Queen's Knight. Several months ago, I also bought a Blue Eyes Shining Dragon card solely to spite one of my retired duelist friends who ran a dragon deck and wanted that card. I'm thinking about buying a Dark Eyes Illusionist based solely on the fact that Pegasus used one. Anyone else have a soft spot for certain kinds of cards, even if they aren't something you'd put in your deck?

No prob. Just wanted to test you in current dueling conditions

I am in the process of putting a Yugi, Kaiba, AND Joey deck together, sooo yeah, I get all kinds of forbidden cards for that reason, lol.

I recommend the website duelingnetwork.com for any online yugioh and to easily post decks in picture form.

I will be joining Dueling Network as soon as I get my laptop in 1-2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Teller View Post
    I actually have several decks constructed (all around the same level of quality and oldness), so I use them to test my decks. Yes, I duel myself. It's not that hard since I can induce short term forgetfulness on myself, so I never know what my "opponent" has on the field or in the hand. The Flip deck does pretty well, actually. Guardian Sphinx almost always ensures victory if I can get him out. Thanks for the offer, though.

Confession time: I have a weakness for cards advertised as trios (the 3 God cards, the 3 Sacred Beasts, the 3 Wicked cards, etc.). When I bought my rock support cards, I also bought Jack's Knight, for no reason other than I already had King's Knight and Queen's Knight. Several months ago, I also bought a Blue Eyes Shining Dragon card solely to spite one of my retired duelist friends who ran a dragon deck and wanted that card. I'm thinking about buying a Dark Eyes Illusionist based solely on the fact that Pegasus used one. Anyone else have a soft spot for certain kinds of cards, even if they aren't something you'd put in your deck?
    Dueling Network and YGOPRO both good ways to duel rel people online. Pro also got a bot that you can duel against with decks you make. It is stupid though and will probably mess up at times but still a good way to practice with a deck.

Same if I see a set of cards I like I must have especially when I was younger. I have the three God cards but no legal versions of them. Also if you like blue eyes cards you should get the new deck set that is coming out for them. Its got some nice cards.

Page 126 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast