Page 127 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 4013

Thread: Yugioh Club

It's ironic how number 64 is the weakest legendary number in the anime, but the best of them IRL. The tanukis are really really fun, they aren't broken like dragon rulers or prophecy but can hold their own vs anything below FFs and mermails.

For the past few weeks, I've been buying random packs of cards just to see what the game's like nowadays. About a month ago, I bought a Hidden Arsenal 7 pack, thinking "Gee, Gem-Knights seem like cool additions to my rock deck." Ending up pulling a Sophia, Goddess of Rebirth. First thought: "Ooh, shiny!" Second thought: "Hey, I recall people online going nuts about this card." Third thought: "How much can I sell this for?" A week ago, I got a Numbers Hunter pack, just for fun. Pulled a Number 57: Tri-Head Dust Dragon. First and third thoughts were the same. I keep getting these rare cards that I can't use in my decks and my collector nature won't allow me to sell them. Also, bought one of those "10 packs for $20" editions for the War of the Giants set, thinking "OBVIOUSLY one of these packs will contain a god card. And the one I get will correspond with the god shown on that particular pack. It's just common sense." This is why I can't have a salary. (I was hoping for Obelisk more so than the other two.)

Credit for picture: "Emma" (littlebuster-k2); Credit for signature: 9dragonsbreed
    So you should expect the truth from me. Only, you shouldn't expect it to be the truth you assumed.
    Oh yes, and you should read my story Happenings Between Goals.

Sophia looks awesome but its waaaay too hard to use. I tried several times to no avail

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    Sophia looks awesome but its waaaay too hard to use. I tried several times to no avail
    *Looks up Sophia, Goddess of * Well that is a nice card, amazing effect and beat stick attack but to get it out *gulp* yeah that is ridiculous. You might pull it off once or twice but once people catch on to your plans it's very easy to stop.

Summoning Sophia would be managable (barely) in some kind of All-Stars deck, like a Yugi/ Yusei/ Yuma mashup. Ya know...that might work... hopefully, lol.
    Current Shiny Team!- -T -M

3DS FC: 0404-6363-5754 Pikachu, Electrode, and Manectrike. PM me if you add me so I can add you

Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the banner, FairyWitch for the profile pic, and A Wild Mew for the sprite!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by The Teller View Post
    I'll post a list later (away from deck ((AFD?))). I actually rather liked 5Ds (Sherry, dat accent...). I liked the fact that it took itself so seriously and not EVERY duel was a riding duel. And I pretty much instantly fell into platonic love with Carly. The Dark Signers arc was dark and serious and I loved it for that. The WRGP arc however...I don't care if it's technically 3-on-3. A single duel against non-final-villains shouldn't be going on for 6+ episodes. I haven't watched any of Zexal. I thought the main protagonist felt too 1st season Jaden for me.
    A bit late, but oh well.

5D's was good, but the pacing went to hell after the Dark Signers arc resolved, and a lot of perfectly good characters got shunted aside in favor of Yuusei (and occasionally Jack and Crow). A lot of plot threads got dropped (Carly conveniently "forgetting" her time as a Dark Signer when even Kiryu and Misty seemed to remember), the few characters who did get development and time in duels that weren't Yuusei/Jack/Crow occasionally screwed things up for other characters (see also: Rua's development coming at Ruka's expense), etc.

I love 5D's, but it, like the other three series, has its own issues. Mostly in pacing and spreading itself too thin, in this case. I wouldn't say 5D's is more "serious" than GX or Zexal, because both of those take pretty dark turns at certain points. I still maintain that, while Zexal isn't a masterpiece either, it has the most solid writing for at least the first few seasons -- Yuuma as a protagonist seems one-note at first, but he's actually very layered, and has one of the most intriguing portrayals of childhood depression I've ever seen. I never expected to love it as much as I do, although lately the writing has become less cohesive, unfortunately.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by Crawley007 View Post
    Very good chance that this is the new List, scans and everything:

Newly Forbidden:
    Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks (炎征竜-バーナー)
    Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts (風征竜-ライトニング)
    Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Pebbles (地征竜-リアクタン)
    Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets (水征竜-ストリーム)
    Spellbook of Judgment (魔導書の神判)

Newly Limited:
    Brotherhood of the Fire Fist -- Rooster (立炎星-トウケイ)
    Genex Ally Birdman (A・ジェネクス・バードマン)
    Mermail Abyssteus (水精鱗-ディニクアビス)
    Wind-Up Shark (ゼンマイシャーク)
    Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (氷結界の龍 トリシューラ)
    Number 11: Big Eye (No.11 ビッグ・アイ)
    Divine Wind of Mist Valley (霞の谷の神風)
    Super Rejuvenation (超再生能力)
    Abyss-sphere (アビスフィアー)

Newly Semi-Limited:
    Gladiator Beast Bestiari (剣闘獣ベストロウリィ)
    Gorz the Emissary of Darkness (冥府の使者ゴーズ)
    Neo-Spacian Grand Mole (N・グラン・モール)
    Black Whirlwind (黒い旋風)

Newly Unlimited:
    Tsukuyomi (月読命)
    Wind-Up Magician (ゼンマイマジシャン)
    Advanced Ritual Art (高等儀式術)
    E - Emergency Call (E-エマージェンシーコール)
    Pot of Duality (強欲で謙虚な壺)
    Scapegoat (スケープ・ゴート)
    Mirror Force (聖なるバリア-ミラーフォース-)
    AAAAAAAANNNNDDD

The list is REAL. Reasoning is also getting Unlimited, btw.

This means the last card for the E-Drag tins aren't their chibi form.....

Also, we'll have 4 banlists instead of the usual 2, starting from this November.

Want to see my shinies? Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Ok, that means I can run my National Goat Security deck again, with better cards, too!
    HoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHo NkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNk

So Dragon Rulers and Prophecy gets hit. And Trishula's back; it's going to be one interesting format. Not that I play competitively, but it's still interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    AAAAAAAANNNNDDD

The list is REAL. Reasoning is also getting Unlimited, btw.

This means the last card for the E-Drag tins aren't their chibi form.....

Also, we'll have 4 banlists instead of the usual 2, starting from this November.
    Knew it. It looks like it's going to be a pretty decent format. I'm happy about Bestiari.

I'm glad they also chose to hit fire fist and mermail this time around so a new undisputed top dog wouldnt exist.

I'm glad they also chose to hit fire fist and mermail this time around so a new undisputed top dog wouldnt exist.
    No Evilswarm hit, but to be fair there was never anything really broken about Evilswarm.
    Undisputed top dog could still be Bujin.

i personally think fire kings will be quite the force.

i appreciate seeing duality back at 3 and i think it'll be a decent format. (if everyone/trishula plays nice)

good stuff. good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawley007 View Post
    No Evilswarm hit, but to be fair there was never anything really broken about Evilswarm.
    Undisputed top dog could still be Bujin.
    I can see them as a strong anti meta deck but fire fists and mermails and dark world post list could still beat them.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 16th August 2013 at 4:14 PM.

I can see them as a strong anti meta deck but fire fists and mermails and dark world post list could still beat them.
    Evilswarm can do well against a lot of top decks but they can still be easily beat by one. All it takes is someone to take in consideration of them and any advantage they have would be gone.

Interesting if Judgment gets banned. It doesn't really effect my prophecy deck since I only run it on pro and even then it's limited to one and I hardly use it. It will stop the high priestess build but that just means prophecy's will just have to change their strategy a little. If reasoning goes back to three I'm ore than happy. It works well in my deck.

Yea the list is real. Took out the 1 Burner from my Horus/Armed dragon deck which also features two blasters (lucky pulls) and replaced it with a soul exchange.

2DS FC - (0275-8655-0603)_Fire_Safari:_Ninetales/Pyroar/Pansear
    In Game Name: Carlos
    Accomplishments:
    April 13, 2014: Completed Kanto Pokedex on Y Version

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Evilswarm can do well against a lot of top decks but they can still be easily beat by one. All it takes is someone to take in consideration of them and any advantage they have would be gone.

Interesting if Judgment gets banned. It doesn't really effect my prophecy deck since I only run it on pro and even then it's limited to one and I hardly use it. It will stop the high priestess build but that just means prophecy's will just have to change their strategy a little. If reasoning goes back to three I'm ore than happy. It works well in my deck.
    I was talking about Bujins. A 3600 attacker who can't be targeted backed up with vanity's emptiness can usually spell doom for most decks. Now that judgment is banned using fate to wipe the floor with them becomes a lot harder.

I am surprised dark worlds still have not been hit.
    - Obtained at 5701soft resets
    shiny froakie obtained at 1535 eggs.
    Leaf green re count:540
    happy to trade. white fc: 0734 2476 0668 platinum fc: 3996 4972 4917 diamond fc: 0817 7242 8069 SSBB fc: 3308 6572 9381
    3ds friend code: 2466 2806 3978
    Random Matchup doubles Record. 192w-102L-101d/c
    Admin pidgeotto on dueling network.
    I can Ev erase, clone, and Ev train.
    heam my cream.
    shiny hunts in progress:
    2040 srs
    340 srs
    190 REs in FS
    20 horde encounters
    60 mm eggs for chikorita

I was talking about Bujins. A 3600 attacker who can't be targeted backed up with vanity's emptiness can usually spell doom for most decks. Now that judgment is banned using fate to wipe the floor with them becomes a lot harder.
    Ah right sorry about that. Bujins look powerful enough and with their effects they can deal with most cards they go against. They are good against meta game decks but if the opponent stops you from using the graveyard Bujins power becomes much less effective. Good to see that they are at least putting in some weaknesses that can be exploited into new archetypes.

Dark worlds don't get hit because they haven't had any help recently and they don't win big tournaments as constantly as other archetypes do. An annoying archetype to go against but not the most dangerous.

The next structure deck:

http://shriek.twoday.net/stories/453141890/#comments

The mech part makes me think of machines.

The new List doesn't really affect me since I don't play competitively, but I'm cackling at the fact that Dragon Rulers got hit. I mean I dislike that archetype with a passion so I'm glad something was done about it. Anyway the new structure deck is giving me Dragon-type or Machine-type vibes. Maybe even a fusion of both. I'm not really here for it if that's the case but I'll wait and see what happens.

mecha phantom beast maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post

Dark worlds don't get hit because they haven't had any help recently and they don't win big tournaments as constantly as other archetypes do. An annoying archetype to go against but not the most dangerous.
    Dark worlds are the new lightsworn. A luck based deck that can snatch games in a blink of an eye but fails if they draw badly or if the opponent sides cards like eradicator and macro cosmos. Either way since they don't win enough best of 3s in a competitive setting the players and by extension Konami usually don't pay it too much attention come banlist time.

Next SD is also speculated to be Cyber Dragon-themed, which somewhat makes sense if you consider the last one is supposed to be a BEWD-themed one (though it isn't).

As for Evilswarm....IMO the only thing that's borderline broken about them is Ophion. Most Evilswarm players usually just sit on it for the entire Duel, so if you can find a way to stop it, the Evilswarm deck kinda crumbles since the player usually can't figure out quickly any other way to win.

As for the Sophia talk above there.....you only need to play oldschool Fusion-Ritual deck to summon it. Konami seems to be pushing for people to play both Xyz & Synchro, so all you have to do is let your opponent do half the work for you.

Want to see my shinies? Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

WHAAAAAAAAT!? The BEWD DECK ISN'T BEING RELEASED!? *goes into a corner and sobs*

*Wiping a tear from eye* Sigh, at least CDragon is gonna get some love (maybe). :[
    Current Shiny Team!- -T -M

3DS FC: 0404-6363-5754 Pikachu, Electrode, and Manectrike. PM me if you add me so I can add you

Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the banner, FairyWitch for the profile pic, and A Wild Mew for the sprite!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Page 127 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast