Page 132 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 4305

Thread: Yugioh Club

Okay, new topic! Between my dueling friends and I, we've come up with the term "Yugi moment," meaning the point in a duel where there's only one card in your deck that can save you from annihilation next turn, but the odds of drawing it are slim, and yet you go on to draw the card anyways and win the duel that turn. Saying "Heart of the cards...guide me," is recommended, but not required. Last night I had a Yugi moment: I was playing "Ultimate Masters: WCT 2006" using a modified version of my rock deck, going up against a Dark World deck. I had no cards on the field, nor any stall cards in my hand. The opponent had 5 Dark World monsters on the field, all with either 1800 or 2300 atk. The opponent had 4500 LP and I don't remember how much I had, but it was less than 10,500. I end up drawing Megarock Dragon, proceed to banish 9 rock monsters from my graveyard, summon it with 6300 atk, and attack the 1800 atk monster, dropping the opponent's LP to 0. It should've been animated and voiced by Dan Green. So what are YOUR Yugi moments?

Credit for picture: "Emma" (littlebuster-k2); Credit for signature: 9dragonsbreed
    So you should expect the truth from me. Only, you shouldn't expect it to be the truth you assumed.
    Oh yes, and you should read my story Happenings Between Goals.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyWitch View Post
    exactly that is what i was trying to go at but i think he just took as it was more of school show but best we drop it before someone gets offended again...so guys what do you think about last new pack judgment of light? there isn't that much interesting time around or is it just me >.>
    I thought the set itself was decent, but nothing noteworthy aside from maybe the Bujins. It's been a while since I've really looked forward to a set though so maybe I'm just cynical about the whole thing. Shadow Specters looks interesting though because of the Ghostrick archetype. Too bad we won't get that set until November.

Does anyone else think Bujins are over-rated. I heard people go on about them as if they are the next best thing but when It them I see an arch-type that revolves heavily about having one monster on the field and making sure you have certain cards either in your hand or graveyard it feels they are easy to beat if you get a beater start against someone who uses them.

@nightmareisalive and the fact that the main card costs 39 bucks and you need 3(why couldnt you have made it a super rare konami? or a rare?) and once their backrow is gone, their done unless they have cranes in their hand(or honest) fire fist is going to dominate this format. ive seen tons of them already. its seems everyones forgotten about that poor little rabbit(save e swarms, and i havent seen them in a while) i havent seen prophecy much either. those people who bought spellbook of judgement are probably angry right now that they spent 50 bucks on a banned card....
    Last edited by Wecondo12; 28th August 2013 at 12:29 AM.
    I am a proud christian.

(eating sandwhich) THIS IS DELICIOUS!

3ds fc-2595-0049-4886

black 2 fc- 1035-0063-4268
    black fc-4213 3080 3415
    ssbb fc-3526-1218-4292

Quote Originally Posted by Wecondo12 View Post
    @nightmareisalive and the fact that the main card costs 39 bucks and you need 3(why couldnt you have made it a super rare konami? or a rare?) and once their backrow is gone, their done unless they have cranes in their hand(or honest) fire fist is going to dominate this format. ive seen tons of them already. its seems everyones forgotten about that poor little rabbit(save e swarms, and i havent seen them in a while) i havent seen prophecy much either. those people who bought spellbook of judgement are probably angry right now that they spent 50 bucks on a banned card....
    Firefist have been good since they came out. The only reason they haven't won more is because they got out-shadowed by dragon rulers and prophecy. Now that those decks have been hit hard by the banlist they won't have that problem.

Prophecy aren't used as much since most people have no idea how to use them without judgment. Anytime I have seen them besides my own I have never seen a reaper version of the deck. They are still good and I think will still be a challenge in most tournaments but not as much as they were.

Evil swarm had the fact they stopped some decks playing. People figured out how they work and it is quite easy to get over them. I never really feared them the only time I had problems with them is because I didn't have the cards in my hand that I could use to beat them. They aren't an archetype that most decks don't have an answer to beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Wecondo12 View Post
    those people who bought spellbook of judgement are probably angry right now that they spent 50 bucks on a banned card....
    those who bought the card should have known the risk, it's obviously a horribly broken card, so there's no way it won't get banned quickly.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by The Teller View Post
    Okay, new topic! Between my dueling friends and I, we've come up with the term "Yugi moment," meaning the point in a duel where there's only one card in your deck that can save you from annihilation next turn, but the odds of drawing it are slim, and yet you go on to draw the card anyways and win the duel that turn. Saying "Heart of the cards...guide me," is recommended, but not required. Last night I had a Yugi moment: I was playing "Ultimate Masters: WCT 2006" using a modified version of my rock deck, going up against a Dark World deck. I had no cards on the field, nor any stall cards in my hand. The opponent had 5 Dark World monsters on the field, all with either 1800 or 2300 atk. The opponent had 4500 LP and I don't remember how much I had, but it was less than 10,500. I end up drawing Megarock Dragon, proceed to banish 9 rock monsters from my graveyard, summon it with 6300 atk, and attack the 1800 atk monster, dropping the opponent's LP to 0. It should've been animated and voiced by Dan Green. So what are YOUR Yugi moments?
    Ive had a moment like that USING my Yugi deck (yes, forbidden cards galore, but still...). I was facing a Yusei-esque deck, and the opponent had Stardust Dragon and Road Warrior on the field. I was about to lose, when I drew Brain Control. Took over Warrior, destroyed Stardust, and tributed Road for my Summoned Skull, then went on to finish them off. Otherwise, I would have lost. Hope this counts, lol...
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Out of all of my Seven Decks of Old School Horror (Fiend, Warrior, Rock, Dragon, Water, Control, and ???), the Mystery Deck is the only one that's constructed using the Traditional format, so forbidden cards ahoy! (No one can stop a Raigeki/Harpies Feather Duster combo!) Hey, if they make the cards, why shouldn't we be allowed to use them, even if in casual play?

Okay, okay...I can tell you're dying to know what my Mystery Deck is all about. All I can say is that my friends and I refer to it (affectionately?) as the Perfectly Ultimate Great Deck, or PUG Deck for short. None of my friends have EVER been able to beat it.

Credit for picture: "Emma" (littlebuster-k2); Credit for signature: 9dragonsbreed
    So you should expect the truth from me. Only, you shouldn't expect it to be the truth you assumed.

i have been playing prophecy lately. using justice and temperance to get out priestess. for the monsters i also play gorz and a set of spellbook magician. i have also been testing pinpoint guard. it was pretty good when i also used fool of prophecy but now i don't use it anymore. it's still pretty good for just temperance but i feel three is definitely too much of a good thing.

idk, i like new prophecy a lot. but i have just been attacking stuff with priestess and winning a good amount of games. it still feels a little derpy though. just search fate and wisdom and power, make sure your opponent has a monster, then go off without any fear. also, no extra deck except for big eye and dracossack which is boring.

(maybe i'm playing this all wrong?)

i might morph it into an endymion deck with citadel and spell-counters. that might suit my tastes a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Does anyone else think Bujins are over-rated. I heard people go on about them as if they are the next best thing but when It them I see an arch-type that revolves heavily about having one monster on the field and making sure you have certain cards either in your hand or graveyard it feels they are easy to beat if you get a beater start against someone who uses them.
    Overhyped maybe, but still probably Tier 1 or close to.
    You want to talk what is overhyped right now, talk Blackwings. Whirlwind comes back and people automatically think Tier 1

Out of all of my Seven Decks of Old School Horror (Fiend, Warrior, Rock, Dragon, Water, Control, and ???), the Mystery Deck is the only one that's constructed using the Traditional format, so forbidden cards ahoy! (No one can stop a Raigeki/Harpies Feather Duster combo!) Hey, if they make the cards, why shouldn't we be allowed to use them, even if in casual play?

Okay, okay...I can tell you're dying to know what my Mystery Deck is all about. All I can say is that my friends and I refer to it (affectionately?) as the Perfectly Ultimate Great Deck, or PUG Deck for short. None of my friends have EVER been able to beat it.
    I'll take a guess and say an Ultra Forbidden Exodia deck.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by mjunior3 View Post
    I'll take a guess and say an Ultra Forbidden Exodia deck.
    Perfectly Ultimate Great DECK sounds a lot like Perfectly Ultimate Great MOTH...

I'd rather use an Ultimate Exodia deck rather than Great Moth, but I guess on the name, that kinda fits...

Quote Originally Posted by Crawley007 View Post
    Perfectly Ultimate Great DECK sounds a lot like Perfectly Ultimate Great MOTH...
    @The Teller is it a Perfectly Ultimate Great moth deck then as Crawley007 guessed? If so how does it work? how do you stop your opponent from getting rid of it before you can make use of it?

The joke's on you all! It's actually a no-theme deck. It doesn't have any rhyme or reason to it. It's just a mishmash of powerful cards (I can post a list later if anybody's curious). We just call it a PUG deck because of the bug in question's name and an unbeatable deck could be described as perfectly, ultimate, and great. Since the people I dueled tended to not have as good of cards as I did, even a no-theme deck could be a challenge. The main goal of it was to play defense until I could create an opening and zerg rush all at once for the win.

The joke's on you all! It's actually a no-theme deck. It doesn't have any rhyme or reason to it. It's just a mishmash of powerful cards (I can post a list later if anybody's curious). We just call it a PUG deck because of the bug in question's name and an unbeatable deck could be described as perfectly, ultimate, and great. Since the people I dueled tended to not have as good of cards as I did, even a no-theme deck could be a challenge. The main goal of it was to play defense until I could create an opening and zerg rush all at once for the win.
    OK can you post a listing of it I'm curious to see this deck lol The way you say it you make it seem Yami would be proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    OK can you post a listing of it I'm curious to see this deck lol The way you say it you make it seem Yami would be proud of it
    Yes, I'd like to see what's in it, and suggest what else I'd add to it.

New subject:

Do you use Tokens in your deck strategy? IF so, which card(s) do you use to get them out?

Yes, my deck does, I named it Goat Security Force for a reason...
    MUCHA HAWLUCHA, YEAH!

i dont use tokens at all. my yugi moment was when this happens.

me: crud i need mermail abyssteus *gets abyssteus* yeeeeah!
    I am a proud christian.

(eating sandwhich) THIS IS DELICIOUS!

3ds fc-2595-0049-4886

black 2 fc- 1035-0063-4268
    black fc-4213 3080 3415
    ssbb fc-3526-1218-4292

Me: Do you want to know what my perfectly ultimate great deck does?
    Forum: Tell me!
    Me: Oh, you're about to find out! I'm about to summon it!

But before that, I use Scapegoat whenever I can, but that's about it as far as tokens go.

Reminder: This deck was constructed with the Traditional Format in mind! Also, it's recently been altered some due to acquisition of new cards, so it isn't up to its former glory yet.

Spoiler:- Spoilers due to Old School Horror:

Again, the point is to play defense until I can swarm with powerful monsters. If my offense is broken, I can easily switch to defense again until I can rebuild my forces.

Me: Do you want to know what my perfectly ultimate great deck does?
    Forum: Tell me!
    Me: Oh, you're about to find out! I'm about to summon it!

But before that, I use Scapegoat whenever I can, but that's about it as far as tokens go.

Reminder: This deck was constructed with the Traditional Format in mind! Also, it's recently been altered some due to acquisition of new cards, so it isn't up to its former glory yet.

Spoiler:- Spoilers due to Old School Horror:

Again, the point is to play defense until I can swarm with powerful monsters. If my offense is broken, I can easily switch to defense again until I can rebuild my forces.
    I would be willing to take that on without using any banned cards of my own :P

We got's a fight brewin', folks! xD I did a deck quite like that, actually, except it was a spam-special deck without synergy, but just a crapload of powerful cards. I'd like to take that on: over VOICE CHAT! I can duel anyone with cards IRL over the B/W and B/W2 voice chat. Lemme know if your interested!

I shall duel everyone...IN OUR MINDS! With Ancient Egyptian Laser Beams! I get to be red.

(And I have no doubt that anyone with cards released after 2006 can beat my PUG deck, even if they play by Advanced format.)

XD Well, that would be helpful, lol. Anyway, if you, @The Teller, want to get up-to-date, I would recommend a Super Starter Deck V, and a Yusei Starter Deck 3.

I did end up getting Xyz Symphony a couple months back (though it was mostly for Alexandrite Dragon and Frostasaurus; yay, more Normal monsters!). Right now I'm saving up for Joey's World though, so no extraneous spending for me.

xD Alright, cool. Man, is Joey's World gonna be awesome. Just wait until Kaiba. I'll get that first day out, lol.

Page 132 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast