Page 66 of 166 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 4142

Thread: Yugioh Club

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Snake X View Post
    Ya, I was I was training with my Main deck (no archetype) and the only deck I lost too while practicing was Gravekeepers in a match duel 2 losses 1 win.

I am building a Heiratics but I need 1 or 2 more RDMD among other cards
    really i see yeah and i may got what you want actually i keep pulling lots of hieratic stuff...i got the 30 dollar card overlord as well...unfortunately im not selling them :/

master league fairy gym leader
    TEF Guild~TEF Spreedsheet~ TEF Tournaments~TEF Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~ RNG events~ Yugioh Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

So I'm thinking of starting karakuris I know they run well and most of them are commons the only trouble would be a few choice spell and the too synchros.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

The anime is good, and I mean the First series and GX. 5D's lacked something and Jack Atlas sounded like an Australian being chased by a mad Kangaroo. Zexal in itself is like goind to the lengths of reteaching the next generation about Yugioh, but it sort of went down hill.
    I loved 5D's. I thought it was one of the best Yu-Gi-Oh! series so far. I liked all the characters, and while the dub voices were annoying, I only had to put up with them for one season. GX was interesting. I thought there were a lot of good things about it, but there were also a lot of bad things. The first season was terrible in my opinion because it took more than 20 episodes to finally get to a real storyline, but that storyline ended up being very disappointing in the end, so almost nothing of value was gained. And don't get me started on all the dub jokes and puns in that series; I've never rolled my eyes more than when watching the GX dub.

I ll agree with about GX to a point yes the story took forever and was a utter diappointment but some of the cards that came from the series are insane. Solemn Judgment is I remeber correctly. The Sacred Beasts. and a lot of cards I cant name. The anime was crap and 5D'as wasnt my favorite either but either way both are way better than ZEXAL.

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    I ll agree with about GX to a point yes the story took forever and was a utter diappointment but some of the cards that came from the series are insane. Solemn Judgment is I remeber correctly. The Sacred Beasts. and a lot of cards I cant name. The anime was crap and 5D'as wasnt my favorite either but either way both are way better than ZEXAL.
    ...Solemn Judgment existed all the way back from Metal Raiders, bro. Which was the second pack released in the US, after Legend of Blue-Eyes. :|a

Anyway, YMMV on the anime series, but I think there's something to like (and often as much to dislike) about all four of them. I don't love DM as much as I used to; it was the sort of thing that was better back when I was a kid and didn't have the brains to actually think about what I was watching, but even now that I'm older, it's probably my least favorite right now. Not to say I dislike it, though.

GX had characters I thought were ten times better than most of the ones in DM, and still has some of my favorite characters and their included relationships/dynamics in any of the four series in turn, but the writing suffered from a handful of unbearable fillers, piss-poor pacing, and an unfortunate habit of glossing over things near the end (and then getting cut short... yeah, that was fun, thanks NAS). It bothers me to no end that people seem unwilling to give GX a chance most of all, especially since the dub is easily the worst dub of all four YGO series in virtually every aspect.

5D's had a great cast and a much better overarching plot than the other two, but the sense of internal continuity, or often lack thereof, made me pull my hair out at some points. Not to mention how wishy-washy the writing started to get in terms of character development, and then how it didn't even try to pretend it wasn't spreading the character development too thin between Yuusei, Jack, and Crow, and the rest of the main cast. Mostly Yuusei. I gotta give this one credit for having some great female characters where the other two were lacking before it, though -- Aki, Misty, Ruka, Carly, Sherry... hell, even Mikage was pretty cool, if a little frustratingly tunnel-visioned at times (but then, so was Anzu).

I'd actually argue Zexal currently has the best plot of all of the previous YGOs, though, and has a much better plot-to-dueling ratio. There are episodes -- multiple episodes, even! -- where there are no duels at all, and are used primarily for plot advancement and character development. I think this is probably because it does seem to be paying more attention to the plot as opposed to fanservice, and seems to have less shoehorning of cards they need to advertise being done by Konami.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    ...Solemn Judgment existed all the way back from Metal Raiders, bro. Which was the second pack released in the US, after Legend of Blue-Eyes. :|a

GX had characters I thought were ten times better than most of the ones in DM, and still has some of my favorite characters and their included relationships/dynamics in any of the four series in turn, but the writing suffered from a handful of unbearable fillers, piss-poor pacing, and an unfortunate habit of glossing over things near the end (and then getting cut short... yeah, that was fun, thanks NAS). It bothers me to no end that people seem unwilling to give GX a chance most of all, especially since the dub is easily the worst dub of all four YGO series in virtually every aspect.
    I feel reallly stupid about Solemn and I've heard a rumor that they were bringing season3 of GX to America have u heard anything of thatt variety.

yeah everyone gets confused with solemn judgement and warning its funny they both have solemn in it so sometimes they mean one then the other...anyway i pulled a dracconnection today ulti rare

master league fairy gym leader
    TEF Guild~TEF Spreedsheet~ TEF Tournaments~TEF Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~ RNG events~ Yugioh Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

I'd actually argue Zexal currently has the best plot of all of the previous YGOs, though, and has a much better plot-to-dueling ratio. There are episodes -- multiple episodes, even! -- where there are no duels at all, and are used primarily for plot advancement and character development. I think this is probably because it does seem to be paying more attention to the plot as opposed to fanservice, and seems to have less shoehorning of cards they need to advertise being done by Konami.
    Ya Zexal has the best plot so far and I can deal with the lack of Dueling in some episodes to learn a life lesson. Since the rights are being sold it'll be hard to tell how it may change with re-dubbing, voice actor changes, etc. And since they aren't advertising cards (Hieratics archetype hopefully will never appear in the show) that means it puts more focus into the characters and plot, not the Yugioh card game itself.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    yeah everyone gets confused with solemn judgement and warning its funny they both have solemn in it so sometimes they mean one then the other...anyway i pulled a dracconnection today ulti rare
    whats a drac connection.

got the black-winged dragon tin recently and pulled a ulitamate rare majestic start dragon 2 into the voids (i ulitimate and the other ultra) a few karakuris and a couple gravekeeper spells so I think I had some decent pulls.

whats a drac connection.
    Dracconection is like a staple for Heiratics. It lets you reveal 1 Dragon from your hand, search out another that's the same level and Return the one you showed to your deck. I pulled an Ulti @ the Sneak Peek. Goes well with my Neo Galaxy Eyes Sneak Peek mat

wow I needed that cards when I ran dragons last year.

I feel reallly stupid about Solemn and I've heard a rumor that they were bringing season3 of GX to America have u heard anything of thatt variety.
    Season three already got dubbed; it was season four that didn't. Obviously if it does, it won't be anytime soon, since the license is getting sold off, but if it falls into the hands of Funi or Viz, chances are probably good it'll get redubbed, or at least released in a way that Western fans can have access to it.

On the topic of sneak peeks... I'm kind of starting to wish the nearest place that hosted them that I knew of wasn't an hour's drive up to New Hampshire for me. :T I've been tempted to start going to then again.

I'd like to join.

I, The Eleventh, understand every rule that is in this club and will pledge to only talk about Yu-Gi-Oh! and not get off topic.

I used to be a massive fan of Yu-Gi-Oh!, but then I lost interest about two years ago. I'm trying to get back into it now. I've started to watch the anime again from the beginning (I'm on episode eight) and have bought some cards recently. I got the Legendary Collection yesterday, solely for nostalgia purposes (God Cards :D). I prefer to collect the cards than duel with them, although I like putting decks together. I'm not completely up to speed with the new additions to the game, but I understand the basics of Synchro Summons and Xyz cards.

This seems like an interesting, active thread, so hopefully I'll become more involved with Yu-Gi-Oh! again.

Bout to build a karakuri deck yay. Already have a whooping 2 cards.

Out of curiosity, The Eleventh, how far in the anime (or... anime plural, I suppose) did you get before you stopped? Or... I guess a more appropriate question would be, are you only watching Duel Monsters from the beginning, or are you planning on slogging through the spinoffs too?

I am also glad the thread's picking up activity, to say the least. |D

If the anime is going to have a IDK (my English is getting WAY WORSE), change in who directs it, I only pray for it finally getting into Brazil. It's a shame we don 't have even the end of GX yet.

In the TCG, yesterday I went to a Magic: The Gathering event (Some of you may ask: And... What it changes in our club?). Well, I lose all my games, and in the times between them, I played Yugioh XD. Only three duels: Against a Photon (Win), and two against a Magician lockdown (A Win and a loss). So, i'm officially thinking about stopping with MTG and only playing YGO for at least a month YAY! I was really missing my dear bird babies...

Eeveelover824 made this awesome banner

I am back to Pokémon/Serebiiforums. If you had any business with me before my long time outside Serebiiforums, let me know by a Private Message

The only people who have the end of GX is Japan, and you shouldnt get out of MTG it's an amazing game.

I played Dark Duel Stories on my old Gameboy Advance SP today. I wanted to try out fusing monsters like in Forbidden Memories. I learned two things: Fused monsters that have higher levels still need tributes and monsters fused on the field cannot attack the same turn they're summoned. It was tough trying to draw the monsters need for fusions.

Correction: When you fusion summon a monster, you can't use it on the same turn.

Fun fact: I used to have the Forbidden Memories and Dark Duel Stories combo strategy guide, but I didn't have either game until I got Dark Duel Stories. I also used to have The Eternal Duelist Soul Strategy Guide, but I didn't have the game either.
    Last edited by SmartD; 27th May 2012 at 8:46 PM.

Out of curiosity, The Eleventh, how far in the anime (or... anime plural, I suppose) did you get before you stopped? Or... I guess a more appropriate question would be, are you only watching Duel Monsters from the beginning, or are you planning on slogging through the spinoffs too?
    I stopped watching it at the end of GX's third series. Basically, I haven't seen any 5D's. I think I might skip over GX and watch 5D's when I'm finished with the original series. It'll take a while, though. I'm looking forward to seeing Waking the Dragons again; that was always my favourite arc.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    I played Dark Duel Stories on my old Gameboy Advance SP today. I wanted to try out fusing monsters like in Forbidden Memories. I learned two things: Fused monsters that have higher levels still need tributes and monsters fused on the field cannot attack the same turn they're summoned. It was tough trying to draw the monsters need for fusions.
    Funnily enough, I recently restarted Stairway to the Destined Duel (such a ridiculous name) for GBA. It's incredibly linear, but it's still fun.

I'd at least recommend getting the sub of the fourth season of GX, since it ties up a few remaining loose ends (despite being rushed as hell), gives some closure to the rest of the main cast, and has a fun fanservice duel at the very end. It's only about 25 episodes long, at that... yeah, like I said, rushed. And then yes, I'd definitely recommend 5D's, at least to the end of the Dark Signers arc. After that is hugely hit-or-miss, since the sense of internal continuity goes right out the window at that point, but it's worth a shot, anyway.

...Oh god, the Yu-Gi-Oh games. You guys are reminding me I wanted to go back and replay Forbidden Memories and Tag Force 3 and 6. I don't think I ever got farther than maybe a half hour into the former... lord knows why I want to suddenly go back and try again now. And the other two are hilariously thinly-veiled dating sims with some card games involved, so what's not to love?

I got Tag Force 5 (and the 3 cards from it) and it was pretty good till the data went corrupt on me. 5Ds is great until the Dark Signer Ark (true) but after that It would be best to force a time skip and watch the last 2 episodes subbed (though cba to do it myself). For me GX got less watchable after 4kids moved the time and the dubbed version just made it sad to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I stopped watching it at the end of GX's third series. Basically, I haven't seen any 5D's. I think I might skip over GX and watch 5D's when I'm finished with the original series. It'll take a while, though. I'm looking forward to seeing Waking the Dragons again; that was always my favourite arc.
    I wasn't loyal to the GX series during season three. I watched the first episodes of the season, but then I stopped and I resumed watching it near the end of the season. I was planning to pick up where I left off, but I got sidetracked. I started watching 5D's instead since I had missed a ton of episodes, and I ended up loving it more than GX. I plan on catching up to Zexal, but I keep putting it off since I'm watching several different anime at the moment. My favorite series will always be Yu-Gi-Oh! DM, though. I could watch the episodes forever.

I'd like to ask everyone what their most prized card is. I can't really answer, considering my collection is still quite small at the moment. Hopefully I'll have many new cards in the future, but I don't want to go over-the-top about buying them. xD I'm interested in seeing the responses, but also the reason why you value the card so much.

I got Tag Force 5 (and the 3 cards from it) and it was pretty good till the data went corrupt on me. 5Ds is great until the Dark Signer Ark (true) but after that It would be best to force a time skip and watch the last 2 episodes subbed (though cba to do it myself). For me GX got less watchable after 4kids moved the time and the dubbed version just made it sad to watch.
    That skips a lot of development that actually leads up to the ending seen in the last two episodes, though, you know? Especially with Aki, Crow, and Rua in particular. Arguably Yuusei as well.

Most prized card? I'm not sure, actually... I think it's probably my MRD Solemn Judgment, but if it's related at all, one card I would kill puppies to get my hands on would be the Ghost Rare Rainbow Dragon from TAEV. ;_;

Hmm... my prized card, that is a tough one. I'd have to go with my BLS atm as it can drop a lot of threats that affect my deck.

Page 66 of 166 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast