Thread: Choice Scarf Attackers, Eviolite Stallers, and a Sweeper

Default Attempt at Destruction. (Choice Scarf Attackers, Eviolite Stallers, and a Sweeper)

My online DreamWorld Tier team...

-ORIGINAL TEAM-
    Here you can find the original team I had up

Hydreigon (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - U-turn
    - Focus Blast

My lead Hydreigon. Basically, tries to bash the hell out of anything that leads. The basic plan is to use a super-effective move against the lead, ensuring death or at least severe damage. Draco Meteor provides STAB and is great for destroying the evil Dragonite. Fire Blast smashes a great chunk out of Ferrothorn leads. U-turn is for if you want to harm a psychic type for about a third of their health while switching out so another Pokémon can take the hit. Focus Blast is great for demolishing Blissey, Chansey, Porygon2, and anything else it wants.

Choice Scarf was chosen so it could suprise people by outspeeding them, and destroying things or severely crippling them before they get the chance to move.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Victory Star
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Final Gambit
    - U-turn
    - V-create
    - Zen Headbutt

This was mainly used for destroying Reuniclus, which used to set up against my team, with Final Gambit. Final Gambit still works against anything that may oppose a threat, but can be outsped Victini. V-create will also smash Ferrothorn with its massive 180 base power, and can even cripple Pokémon who resist it. Zen Headbutt and U-turn hit hard while not killing Victini or lowering stats.

Victini's Choice Scarf means it will hit first against the majority of the Metagame, and will still hit first against some Pokémon even after a drop in speed from V-create.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Megahorn
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Night Slash

This Heracross is an all-out attacker, planning to outspeed anything opposing it and smash it to tiny little pieces. Megahorn and Close Combat provide STAB while Stone Edge and Night Slash protect against weaknesses. It has proved to be a great revenge-killer in my team. Moxie provides an attack boost after each Pokémon defeated, which means it will easily rack up attack boosts after the first 1 or 2 kills.

Even with Choice Scarf, Heracross' only downfall is that some Pokémon still outspeed it, and this fact is probably the only reason why it gets taken down.

Dusclops (M) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
    Relaxed Nature
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Night Shade
    - Will-O-Wisp

5th Gen has brought us many wonderful and helpful items, Eviolite being a great help to many of the not fully evolved Pokémon. Eviolite increases the Def and Sp. Def by 50%, which creates massive bulk on some Pokémon.

Dusclops, being one of those Pokémon, uses this item greatly. The plan is to attack using Will-O-Wisp or Night Shade, then, if the opponents previous attack did over one third of damage, Rest. The next step is to use Sleep Talk for two turns, then on the third either use Night Shade or use Rest again, depending on the damage being dealt to you.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Discharge
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder Wave
    - Recover

Porygon2 uses Eviolite greatly. All you have to do is use Thunder Wave (if possible) to slow the opponent down, then, spam Ice Beam and Discharge, and Recover when necessary. Trace is also good fun, being able to use your opponents ability to your advantage, taking Swift Swim in rain and Chlorophyll in sun is helpful.

If Electivire comes out to oppose you... look out! Its Cross Chop is deadly! Your best bet is to switch to Dusclops (if it's not dead).

Carracosta (M) @ White Herb
    Trait: Solid Rock
    - Shell Smash
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

This Carracosta has proven to be excellent to me. It's a great late game sweeper. After just one Shell Smash it's deadly, and after two, it's almost unstoppable (at least, against the teams I've versed). Its Solid Rock ability helps it set up by powering down super-effective moves. The plan is to get in at least one Shell Smash and then all out attack. Waterfall is the main STAB attack, and has a possibility to make the opponent flinch, which is handy at times. I chose Stone Edge over Rock Slide for sheer power instead of accuracy.

-CURRENT TEAM-
    Here you can find the team I have made with all the recommendations.

Hydreigon (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Surf

My lead Hydreigon. Basically, tries to bash the hell out of anything that leads. The basic plan is to use a super-effective move against the lead, ensuring death or at least severe damage. Draco Meteor provides STAB and is great for destroying the evil Dragonite. Fire Blast smashes a great chunk out of Ferrothorn leads. Credit to JASP01 for recommending Earth Power and Surf to stop Sandstorm and Sun teams.

Choice Scarf was chosen so it could suprise people by outspeeding them, and destroying things or severely crippling them before they get the chance to move.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Victory Star
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Final Gambit
    - U-turn
    - V-create
    - Zen Headbutt

This was mainly used for destroying Reuniclus, which used to set up against my team, with Final Gambit. Final Gambit still works against anything that may oppose a threat, but can be outsped Victini. V-create will also smash Ferrothorn with its massive 180 base power, and can even cripple Pokémon who resist it. Zen Headbutt and U-turn hit hard while not killing Victini or lowering stats.

Victini's Choice Scarf means it will hit first against the majority of the Metagame, and will still hit first against some Pokémon even after a drop in speed from V-create.

Heracross (M) @ Salac Berry
    Trait: Moxie
    - Endure
    - Reversal
    - Night Slash
    - Feint

Quote Originally Posted by JASP01 View Post
    What makes this different then 4th gen? Feint is now Priority, something few people seem to realize. So, endure-reversal like usual, Night Slash for ghosts, and if someone with priority comes in, Feint them (doing at least something). Probably better as a late-game sweeper, because you want to get rid of priority users first if you can.
    -Credit to JASP01 again.

Murkrow (M) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - FeatherDance
    - Thunder Wave
    - Roost
    - Foul Play

Basically, FD and TW, and Roost off damage, all with Priority. Dark Pulse has stab and does decent damage, over time, it accumulates.
    -Credits to JASP01 for the third time

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Discharge
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder Wave
    - Recover

Porygon2 uses Eviolite greatly. All you have to do is use Thunder Wave (if possible) to slow the opponent down, then, spam Ice Beam and Discharge, and Recover when necessary. Trace is also good fun, being able to use your opponents ability to your advantage, taking Swift Swim in rain and Chlorophyll in sun is helpful.

If Electivire comes out to oppose you... look out! Its Cross Chop is deadly!

Carracosta (M) @ White Herb
    Trait: Solid Rock
    - Shell Smash
    - Aqua Jet
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

This Carracosta has proven to be excellent to me. It's a great late game sweeper. After just one Shell Smash it's deadly, and after two, it's almost unstoppable (at least, against the teams I've versed). Its Solid Rock ability helps it set up by powering down super-effective moves. The plan is to get in at least one Shell Smash and then all out attack. Waterfall is the main STAB attack, and has a possibility to make the opponent flinch, which is handy at times. I chose Stone Edge over Rock Slide for sheer power instead of accuracy.
    Last edited by thunder_dragon2; 18th June 2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Name Change

Quote Originally Posted by thunder_dragon2 View Post
    Dusclops (M) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
    Hardy Nature
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Night Shade
    - Will-O-Wisp

5th Gen has brought us many wonderful and helpful items, Eviolite being a great help to many of the not fully evolved Pokémon. Eviolite increases the Def and Sp. Def by 50%, which creates massive bulk on some Pokémon.

Dusclops, being one of those Pokémon, uses this item greatly. The plan is to attack using Will-O-Wisp or Night Shade, then, if the opponents previous attack did over one third of damage, Rest. The next step is to use Sleep Talk for two turns, then on the third either use Night Shade or use Rest again, depending on the damage being dealt to you.
    Never use a hardy nature. NEVER. I think you meant Relaxed. Also, Dusclops learns Pain split, which works well with its horrible HP. Still, Restalk is okay.
    Likely to be very inactive due to school. Sorry.
    PM me if you would like me to rate your team. Known as [T3]Xaos on PO.

Member of the Triumvirate clan. If you want to join, then i have referred you. I also will EV train pokes. PM me for more info. Credit goes to Gladeshadow for the Banner. I've won one tourney. LC gen 5.
    Missingno 3.70919 167
    Klinklang 3.68698 166
    You know a pokemon is bad when Missingno. is used more than it...
    στο χάος προέρχεται απελευθέρωσης

Seems good... But...
    I would consider using this for anti-lead Hydreigon:
    -Draco Meteor
    -U-turn (Reuniclus leads most Trick Room teams)
    -Earth Power (Sun Teams)
    -Surf (Sand Teams)
    Rain teams can be a -bit- of a problem, but since when do people fear Toed?

Herracross seems nice, but you might want to consider this (yes, in DW, Salac is allowed):
    Herracross <Salac Berry>
    -Endure
    -Reversal
    -Night Slash
    -Feint
    What makes this different then 4th gen? Feint is now Priority, something few people seem to realize. So, endure-reversal like usual, Night Slash for ghosts, and if someone with priority comes in, Feint them (doing at least something). Probably better as a late-game sweeper, because you want to get rid of priority users first if you can.

Your demise...
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/35lyr0h.jpg[/IMG]
    ... Is near

Spoiler:- Clan:

Spoiler:- My Monotypes.Look here if you dare.VM me if you wish to challenge them on PO.:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatepie2 View Post
    Never use a hardy nature. NEVER. I think you meant Relaxed. Also, Dusclops learns Pain split, which works well with its horrible HP. Still, Restalk is okay.
    Yeah I do mean Relaxed, I just forgot to change it >.<

Seems good... But...
    I would consider using this for anti-lead Hydreigon:
    -Draco Meteor
    -U-turn (Reuniclus leads most Trick Room teams)
    -Earth Power (Sun Teams)
    -Surf (Sand Teams)
    Rain teams can be a -bit- of a problem, but since when do people fear Toed?

Herracross seems nice, but you might want to consider this (yes, in DW, Salac is allowed):
    Herracross <Salac Berry>
    -Endure
    -Reversal
    -Night Slash
    -Feint
    Thanks heaps :D
    Will try this out right now, but I'm pretty sure Feint only hits Pokémon using Protect/Detect

EDIT: Hydreigon now has much better coverage and Heracross is an absolute killer! Thanks!
    Finding a replacement for Dusclops, he's just not cutting it, any suggestions?
    Last edited by thunder_dragon2; 18th June 2011 at 4:58 AM.

Yeah, I never liked clops. To help sweeping/stalling (depending on whether they switch or stay):
    >Murkrow@Prankster (DW), Eviolite, EV Def+Sp. Def
    -Featherdance
    -T-wave
    -Roost
    -Dark Pulse

Basically, FD and TW, and Roost off damage, all with Priority. Dark Pulse has stab and does decent damage, over time, it accumulates. If you're not worried about being Taunt bait, you can use Toxic instead.

Your demise...
    ... Is near

Spoiler:- My Monotypes.Look here if you dare.VM me if you wish to challenge them on PO.:

Yeah, I never liked clops. To help sweeping/stalling (depending on whether they switch or stay):
    >Murkrow@Prankster (DW), Eviolite, EV Def+Sp. Def
    -Featherdance
    -T-wave
    -Roost
    -Dark Pulse

Basically, FD and TW, and Roost off damage, all with Priority. Dark Pulse has stab and does decent damage, over time, it accumulates. If you're not worried about being Taunt bait, you can use Toxic instead.
    Sounds great, definately giving it a try.
    EDIT: Murkrow can't learn the following moves from older generations at the same time as having the Dream World ability Prankster: FeatherDance, Dark Pulse, Roost.
    Hafta change something :/
    I put in Foul Play
    Last edited by thunder_dragon2; 18th June 2011 at 6:10 AM.

Thought he could... Odd...

Your demise...
    ... Is near

You may have a bit of trouble with the item clause so make victini a choice bander and turn porygon 2 into porygon-Z. However this is only when you need it due to the item clause so you only need to have the improvement pokes on standby.

Thought he could... Odd...
    So did I...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbeller View Post
    You may have a bit of trouble with the item clause so make victini a choice bander and turn porygon 2 into porygon-Z. However this is only when you need it due to the item clause so you only need to have the improvement pokes on standby.
    I don't usually play with item clause, but thanks for the suggestions, will take them into account. Yeah so I only need improve the Pokémon on standby.