Thread: Forums help

Default Forums help

Hello, I am recently returning from a ban due to me advertising. My brother which created a account here to help me advertise who had made one thread got banned because they thought He was me. On my infraction list i have a infraction saying this

Profile Infraction- 10 points-Creating a duplicate account-Virtual Headache

I really have no way to prove we are 2 different people since we are both on the same internet,house and ip xD

I don't think the staff should go right away and just because they see same Ip think its the same person thou.

I would like to request that the 10 point infraction be removed, My brother unban since his account got a perm ban because they thought it was me. On top of that I would also like to say that my brother tried to email you guys 3 times about the ban he had recieved and explain it all but no one ever anwsered back to him and we just waited till my ban was up for maybe i could get some help for him.

Still have not got no help, I have been trying to get this settled for him for a few days now... It would be really nice if at least I got a response back from one of the staff members.

Since there is really no way to tell between your bro's and your account, it's up to you to make sure that you both stay in good standing. The "Oh my brother did it" excuse doesn't fly around here because there will be MASSIVE accounts that belong to other user 'brothers'.

You "both"were advertising and therfore can be counted as the same person. The infraction points will most likely expire.

As for the ban, since 'he' only joined for the purpose of advertising, it will most likely stay banned.

Hope this helped.
    Last edited by Jb; 11th May 2011 at 3:16 PM.

He didn't join for the purpose of advertising, He joined because he saw the webmaster section and didn't read the rules and posted a advertisment. I also did the same thing but I have been here a while and kinda don't really care. He planned on posting and being a active member here but he was banned before he could even do it. The staff jump to the conclusion of him being the same person as me and auto perm banned him and on top of that gave me a 10 point infraction for making the account when its not even me.

As far as the infraction I care in a way and in another i don't Im pissed that I got the infraction in the first place because we are not the same person and I didn't deserve to get that 10 point infraction which lead to me getting over 20 infractions and a weeks ban. On top of that it is not fair that just because of a staff members mistake that my brother is perm ban from the forums because they thought we were the same person.

As far as the subject as the Brother excuses... That makes no sense. My account was banned a week and I am no longer banned. So why would i go through all this hassle of trying to get this all fixed if the other account was mine. Personally if I wanted 2 accounts i jsut make another. As far as why my brother doesn't make another since his ban was not right, He won't make another because he likes his username to much and that is basically the only usename/nick name he uses for everything.

All I want is this to be settled. I want my brothers account unbanned and the 10 point infraction I got for the susposedly creating a duplicate account tooken off. Im not even asking for the staff to say there sorry or anything, I understand people can make mistakes or jump to things to fast but at least fix your mistake. I have still have yet to get a response via email, this thread or any pm's i sent to moderators about this.
    Last edited by Noblebeastx; 11th May 2011 at 3:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblebeastx View Post
    He didn't join for the purpose of advertising, He joined because he saw the webmaster section and didn't read the rules and posted a advertisment. I also did the same thing but I have been here a while and kinda don't really care. He planned on posting and being a active member here but he was banned before he could even do it. The staff jump to the conclusion of him being the same person as me and auto perm banned him and on top of that gave me a 10 point infraction for making the account when its not even me.
    But his first post was a advertisment, therfore can easily looked at as a member joined with the intention of advertising. I can, right now, make another account, say the same thing you did, and the same get infraction.

As far as the infraction I care in a way and in another i don't Im pissed that I got the infraction in the first place because we are not the same person and I didn't deserve to get that 10 point infraction which lead to me getting over 20 infractions and a weeks ban. On top of that it is not fair that just because of a staff members mistake that my brother is perm ban from the forums because they thought we were the same person.
    You should of PM'ed a Admin to let them know someone else was joining from your IP, also he joined and advertised for YOU, from YOUR IP, which means you knew he going to do it.

Personally if I wanted 2 accounts i jsut make another
    Which it looks like you did, Im not trying to point finger, im just saying. Everything you said makes it look like someone joned to advertise for you.

we've already been looking at what you said via email. this isn't the proper place so don't make threads about this here.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)