I’m kind of surprised this wonderful show doesn’t already have a fanclub. Well then, welcome to the...
Steven Universe Fanclub!
This is a place to talk about the show Steven Universe. For those of you unfamiliar with Steven Universe but still clicked this for some reason, Steven Universe is a cartoon currently airing on Cartoon Network about a half-human, half-gem boy (the eponymous Steven Universe) whose life consists of adventures around his hometown, spending time with his father, and training his skills with three Gems-a species of sentient gemstones that take a humanoid appearance. I would call it a good cartoon, but that may be a bit narrow because it’s an all-around good show.
1. Of course, follow all forum rules and Club subforum rules.
2. Make sure to stay on topic. Talking about the Steven Universe/Uncle Grandpa crossover is on-topic, talking about just Uncle Grandpa isn’t.
3. Try to keep anger or annoyance in check. If you dislike something that happened, feel free to say so, but don't have a temper tantrum.
4. I won't be removing members for inactivity, but do try to be active.
5. Please keep spoilers in spoiler boxes or otherwise marked for two days after an episode aired in consideration of those who couldn't see the episode immediately or who live in an area where it hasn’t aired yet.
6. If you have a topic to discuss, feel free to bring it up. But like most clubs which allow this, don't flood the club with topics.
7. As the fandom is an important part of any show, feel free to link to fanfiction or fanart you've done for Steven Universe. But there are some rules for this:
7a. If there are any warning necessary for the art or fiction, make sure to put it in the same post as the link.
7b. No explicit works, not even with warnings.
7c. Make sure to stay active in the club in ways other than just posting links or discussing things others have linked too.
9. And of course the most important rule: Have fun and enjoy the club and show.
Joining the club
To join is simple. Just ask to join. You can even go ahead and start discussing things in your first post, just make sure to indicate that you aren't already a member and wish to join.
Favorite side character.
Favorite ship (Other than Ruby/Sapphire).
Really anything related to the show, these are just some jumping off points.
Last edited by CuriousHeartless; 25th March 2015 at 4:00 AM.
Well count me in. (Rules 7d-f seem a little odd, but if you find them necessary, okay.)
Garnet, she's powerful and mysterious, violent but kind. And as of late we all know why, she's actually a couple. My second fave couple of course, is Lars and Sadie. Pearl is a close second for favorite character.
The Return/Jailbreak was epic, questions answered (even unasked ones), and new questions delivered. I also really like Steven and the Stevens (of course, I usually love the time-travel episodes of anything), Mirror Gem/Ocean Gem (best gag in the show), Space Race (Pearl's passion), The Test (Steven matures the most in this one I think), and Political Power (mostly because Dewey has a crush on Pearl). - My least favorites are House Guest (plot was shallow and cliché) and Keep Beach City Weird (just kind of disappointed that Ronaldo had to be a psycho for the plot to work).
Favorite side character:
Hmm... I'll have to get back to you on that.
VampirateMace: Yeah, when making the rules I tried to find a balance between letting people share their works and keeping clutter down. But those rules probably aren't necessary. As such, those ones have been excised. All other rules still stand, though.
VampirateMace's post reminded me of another topic:
What is your favorite ship (Other than Ruby/Sapphire, everyone likes that ship)?
I'm not a huge shipper, so I don't really have a second choice. I guess Lars/Sadie just because they are the most prominent beta couple.
I like so many ships, it's actually kinda hard to pick just one. There's my personal OTPs , Pearl/Amethyst and Lapis/Jasper, then my OT3s, Pearl/Garnet/Amethyst and Lapis/Jasper/Peridot, my one-sided OTP, Pearl/Rose... Lars/Ronaldo, Greg/Rose, Ruby/Sapphire (of course), and Steven/Connie are also great too! But if I had to pick one it would probably be... Pearl and Rose, just because their relationship hits me right in the heart.
Definitely Lars and Sadie, as I said. A lot of fans seem critical of what Rose saw in Greg, but it seems like they were a good couple. I liked Dewey's having a crush on Pearl, but I don't really think I'd want to see them together.
I don't usually go for non-canon ships. Often I find them creepy; like from my point of view, Pearl treats Amethyst like a little sister, so when I find ship pics of them, it's kind of bothers me (this is not a judgment on anyone who enjoys it, just how I feel).