Thread: PokéVillains Club!

Default PokéVillains Club!

We all love at least one bad guy in this franchise. Let's face it, Pokémon is full of amazing baddies! Here's a club to talk about them, share headcanons, talk ships, post fanfic (well, links to it) and art, and in general just have a good time.

Rules:

--Please stay on topic, and be polite. In the words of James, "We're BAD, not INSENSITIVE!"

--Dislike is ok. Hating is not. This includes input on headcanons, fanfics, ships, ets. If you dislike something, please say WHY and avoid personal attacks.
    ---Example: "I don't care for Team Plasma because of their division between the idealist and the villain, when the entire point of the game is that nothing is 'black and white'." is fine. It presents a point and explains it without attacking anybody, especially Plasma fans.

--If you're in doubt as to if a character is a villain, know that antagonists and general baddies are allowed too. So people like Paul and gameverse Silver are more than welcome! Characters with changes of heart count too!

--It doesn't matter how obscure a character is. All baddies are welcome!

--Have fun!

There aren't any ranks or titles in this club, but if you want to give yourselves one, go ahead.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated May 30th, 2016)
    It's got its own TV Tropes page!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine, winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!
    Heart Like A Stone, winner of Most Heartbreaking Fic and 3rd place Best Canon Character-Centric 2014!
    Solar System, 4th place, Villainous Intent

I'd love to be a part of this club! Maybe we could have ranks, like Seven Sages, Galactic Admins, or stuff like that, or we could have a little "Claim a Villain" event for here only, or you could suggest for it to go official?
    Claimed Cheren!
    "The Leader Who Seeks the Right Path
    Everyone has a different dream. Search for your life's purpose"

Count me in! Lusamine is my favorite.
    Team Pokémon Sun: Decidueye, Alolan Persian, Ribombee, Salandit, Bewear, Mudsdale

Interesting...
    I would like to join.

Cyrus is my favorite villain! (Although I don't think Team Galactic fits him. .-.)

I have claimed Nidoran ♀
        Spoiler:- My collections in Pokémon X:

3DS Friend Code: 2766-9498-2899
    Water Safari
    Savanna Pattern Vivillon

I'd rather not have ranks or anything, but if you want to claim a title, go right ahead, like I said.

One thing I wanna do is have discussion topics. But anyone can reply to any of them at any time, so don't worry about when they were posted.

First discussion topic!

Who's your favorite baddie and why?
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated May 30th, 2016)
    Heart Like A Stone, winner of Most Heartbreaking Fic and 3rd place Best Canon Character-Centric 2014!

Definitely Ghetsis. I think he came the closest to ending the world and all that.
    Claimed Cheren!

Guzma, because I find him to be rather sympathetic. (Also, I have a soft spot for Bug-types.)
    I say stuff. Sometimes people laugh. Sometimes they don't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Quotes sound better if you attribute them to someone famous." -Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BlueAngelShipping, noun. /blo͞o ˈānjəl ˈSHipiNG/
    1. The belief that a romantic relationship should or does exist between Ash (Satoshi) and Lana (Suiren).
    2. T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶A̶r̶c̶e̶u̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶T̶a̶p̶u̶s̶.

Does N count? If so, N. I barely need to explain why his character is so good.

If he doesn't count, then probably a tie between the two Gen 7 baddies Guzma and Lusamine. Guzma got some great development throughout the plot, and it'd be perfect if we got a sequel in which he was a trial captain/Gym Leader to give a sort of finale to his arc. Lusamine, on the other hand, well I like her not for what she does, but I like her development. She has a really tragic backstory that causes her to go insane, ignoring her own children just to reach her goal. It's not hard to see her spiral into insanity, and that makes her character arc all the better.
    Banner by me!

Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Gallery:
    Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Villains are the best, who doesn't love a good villain? Villain characters are almost always my favourites in all of the franchises I like and Pokemon is no exception. Hunter J is my favourite in Pokemon and definitely one of my top 10 favourite characters over all the franchises I enjoy. I adore her design, her character, and she uses 2 of my favourite Pokemon (Salamence and Drapion). Just a shame the writers decided to "kill her off" although I did prefer that over her going to jail.

Harley is another favourite of mine, and another top 10 fave, although whether he counts as a villain or not is debatable. I always like the weird characters lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TikTok13 View Post
    Definitely Ghetsis. I think he came the closest to ending the world and all that.
    Mm? Ending the world? Was that part of his plan? I didn't finish BW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    Mm? Ending the world? Was that part of his plan? I didn't finish BW2.
    Well, technically, his plan is to fuse Reshiram/Zekrom with Kyurem, then encase Unova in ice and rule with an iron fist... but his speech makes it pretty clear he doesn't care about the state of the world, as long as he's in charge of it.
    I say stuff. Sometimes people laugh. Sometimes they don't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Quotes sound better if you attribute them to someone famous." -Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BlueAngelShipping, noun. /blo͞o ˈānjəl ˈSHipiNG/
    1. The belief that a romantic relationship should or does exist between Ash (Satoshi) and Lana (Suiren).
    2. T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶A̶r̶c̶e̶u̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶T̶a̶p̶u̶s̶.

Breaking news! The American Pokémon Center store is now selling the "Secret Plan" Pikachu plush! Only for some reason they don't include the Skull one.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    Who's your favorite baddie and why?
    Cyrus (as I mentioned before), because he is so elegant and has a pretty direct plan: Start the universe over with Palkia and Dialga. Simple and effective, while unique by leaving emotions out.
    Also, he uses Weavile (my favorite pokémon) and Crobat (which I love, also Houndoom in Platinum).

I have claimed Nidoran ♀
        Spoiler:- My collections in Pokémon X:

3DS Friend Code: 2766-9498-2899
    Water Safari
    Savanna Pattern Vivillon

Can I join this club too - My favourite part of Pokémon is the villainous teams!!

My favourite villian character so far is Lusamine, because she has a great design and because her villianous characteristic isn't so much malice or a desire to dominate and destroy, but rather a selfish interpretation of love. Her character's defining trait is being smothering and controling towards people and Pokémon she claims to love, to the extent she pushed her own children away.

Team Plasma have the best back story and goal however. Up until Gen V, whether Pokémon training and battles were or were not ethical was assumed within cannon. Team Plasma were the first to ever bring that core element of the series into question. Almost to the extent of taking a critism of Pokémon, that it promotes animal cruelty and cockfighting, and turning it into a theme. It's a shame they were somewhat unambitious about it, given the BW games end on with the conclusion that Pokémon trainers are ethical and the entire Pokémon Liberation goal was a sham.

Everyone can join!

What's everyone's favorite non-team bad guy?

It depends on how you define "bad-guy". Silver, the Gen 2 rival, could be classed as a villain, or you could go as far as saying that, as she is your rival, Bianca is a villain. All-in-all, it depends on your outlook. Furthermore, practically every "bad-guy" is from that Generation's Team, be it Magma, Plasma, or Rocket. Personally, I think that it's rather difficult to choose and to specify, but I would suggest that an outside member of an "evil-team" would suffice, such as N, who is a main antagonist in the first Generation 5 game, but is not wholly a Team Plasma member, so to speak. In that regard, I would have to say that my favourite non-team villain would have to be Colress, as he is calm and calculating. He's not revealed wholly as a member of Team Plasma until you first encounter him on the Frigate, but his overall design implies it from the beginning.

I am only counting the main Pokemon game franchise in this (not the Anime) but if side games were also to be included, I would put forward Darkrai, or Dusknoir, from the Mystery Dungeon Series. The latter turns out to be working under the orders of a psychotic Primal Dialga, and is trying to prevent Grovyle from stealing the Time Gears. This is all that he knows, and is doing what he thinks is right, from what he's been told. The former, however, is a different story. Sending innocent Pokemon into horrific Nightmares and being THE HARDEST THING TO BEAT EVER! as well as being the root of all evil in the MD franchise, Darkrai definitely deserves a spot on the villain list.
    Last edited by TikTok13; 31st March 2017 at 10:40 PM.
    Claimed Cheren!

I would count Silver since he's a thief. Just being a rival wouldn't make him one, but I would say Silver is a bad guy.

In that case, does N count? In BW he does use manipulation to some extent, and threatens to separate humans and Pokemon forever.
    Banner by me!

Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Gallery:
    Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

I personally don't but ymmv.