Thread: Paul/Shinji Fanclub

Default Paul/Shinji Fanclub

Welcome! This is the place where you can chat with other people who are fans of Paul from the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl series.

In this club, you can chat about Paul, share pictures of him, graphics you made about him, and many other wonderful things.

A little biography about Paul:
    Paul is a character from the Diamond and Pearl series. He is one of Ash's biggest rivals and has a desire to gain lots of power.

Rules:
    1. Please stay on topic.
    2. Bashing any character, pairing, or member is intolerable.
    3. Respect each others' opinions.
    4. Any thing not made by you, please indicate the artist or source where you obtain the image.
    5. While posting, follow the general SPPF rules. No double posting, mini-modding, etc.
    7. No one-line posts, please.
    8. Have fun

How to sign up:
        Spoiler:- sign up:

Member List:
        Spoiler:- Member list:

Pictures:
        Spoiler:- Pictures:

GIFs:
        Spoiler:- GIFs:

Banners:
        Spoiler:- Banners:

Topic Questions:
    Why do you like Paul and what is your favorite thing about him?
    Would you like to see Paul return in the current series? Why or why not?
    Last edited by Dawn+Serena Fan; 13th February 2015 at 7:19 PM.
    Credit goes to Cresselia92

Oh dear lord I need to join this

Username:Phanpycross
    Why you want to join: I love Paul, I love Paul and Ash's interactions, I Think his battles are some of the best in the series, ect.
    Why do you like Paul and what is your favorite thing about him? HIs and Ash's relationship, and how Paul grew to respect Ash's weird tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Oh dear lord I need to join this

Username:Phanpycross
    Why you want to join: I love Paul, I love Paul and Ash's interactions, I Think his battles are some of the best in the series, ect.
    Why do you like Paul and what is your favorite thing about him? HIs and Ash's relationship, and how Paul grew to respect Ash's weird tactics.
    Welcome to the club! Have fun posting! I'll now answer the topic questions for the club.
    I like Paul because he seemed really cool and had an interesting personality. I also like how he was developed and how he pushed Ash to his limit as his rival. I also loved Paul's many strategies and tactics that he used in battle and his battling style overall.
    Yes I would love to see Paul return sometime in XY. I would like for an arc that revolves around him and maybe perhaps something like another battle frontier arc or something? I would also love to see him meet Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont, and what they would think and interact with him.

I really loved his interactions with Ash, how well handled their rivalry was, and how he changed ove the course of the DP series.

Yes, I would really Love for hiim to resturn in XY, In general I just really love seeing older characters reappear, But Paul always had great interactions with everyone he met, and his team was always cool and diverse, so I would love to see how it has grown in the span of both BW and XY.

I would really love to see Paul interact with Serena if he returns in XY. I really think that their interactions could be interesting and entertaining, especially if they somehow end up being alone together split from the rest of the group or something. Paul interacting with Bonnie and Clemont would be interesting as well.

This looks great!
    Username: PikaBones
    Why I want to join: Because Paul is power.
    Why do I like Paul and what is my favorite thing about him?
    I like Paull because he had an atmosphere about him that was unique and unlike any of the other characters.
    Of course! Paul is the prime example of a rival, someone that you can hate and love
    Check Out the Paul/Shinji Fanclub!
    Read my fanfictions if you so desire.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaBones View Post
    This looks great!
    Username: PikaBones
    Why I want to join: Because Paul is power.
    Why do I like Paul and what is my favorite thing about him?
    I like Paull because he had an atmosphere about him that was unique and unlike any of the other characters.
    Of course! Paul is the prime example of a rival, someone that you can hate and love
    Accepted! Welcome to the club!
    I agree. I feel that Paul was the best handled rival of the entire anime. It really seems like the writers put so much effort into him and his rivalry with Ash and the whole Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape plot. I'd like top see him return and battle Ash again, along with Ash bringing back Infernape sometime in XY, and I'd also love for him to meet and interact with Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont, especially Serena.

Okay, I've got a question, I'd like to see what you guys think.

How much do you think Paul actually changed due to his interactions with Ash? What about his character would be different say now if, let's say he was shown in a few episodes in the anime?

I myself would imagine he wouldn't change much on the surface, though I believe he would gain more of a different idea of what is really power and look beyond the surface of a Pokemon. Though he will still always be looking for power and he will still be highly critical. Though maybe he won't be too harsh on Pokemon and other trainers, maybe or maybe not. Though I think he now would consider a bond with Pokemon as a necessary piece to achieve the power he is looking for.

Also I could see Paul hunting down mega stones and mega Pokemon because that would be something Paul would do!

Okay, I've got a question, I'd like to see what you guys think.

How much do you think Paul actually changed due to his interactions with Ash? What about his character would be different say now if, let's say he was shown in a few episodes in the anime?

I myself would imagine he wouldn't change much on the surface, though I believe he would gain more of a different idea of what is really power and look beyond the surface of a Pokemon. Though he will still always be looking for power and he will still be highly critical. Though maybe he won't be too harsh on Pokemon and other trainers, maybe or maybe not. Though I think he now would consider a bond with Pokemon as a necessary piece to achieve the power he is looking for.

Also I could see Paul hunting down mega stones and mega Pokemon because that would be something Paul would do!
    I think Paul would slightly change. I think he may be a bit nicer to his Pokemon from now on as well as acknowledging Ash. I'm not sure how he would interact others; im expecting it to be how he does now.
    Paul returning for a mega evolution arc would be great!

I think he's changed a ton, their interactions in the DP were so amazing that I refuse to believve that Paul didnt change as a result of them. I think Paul is currently way more accepting of weaker pokemon than he as prior to DP, and that he's a much better human being too.

Also, time for the fanclub's first gif

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    I think he's changed a ton, their interactions in the DP were so amazing that I refuse to believve that Paul didnt change as a result of them. I think Paul is currently way more accepting of weaker pokemon than he as prior to DP, and that he's a much better human being too.

Also, time for the fanclub's first gif

I love the gif! He looks so epic when sending out a Pokemon lol.

I agree, I think with all the things that happened in DP that involved Paul and his interactions with the group that he did have a change. It started becoming more noticeable after his horrible loss to Brandon. He seemed to be a little more nicer and less of a jerk lol. I wonder if he ever returns in XY or in another future series how much he changed since the end of DP.