Thread: PGL Nomads

Default PGL Nomads

Hello all.

I am starting this club, PGL Nomads in hopes that we can help members that enjoy the Pokémon Global Link battle events, Rating Battles, and VGC events.

As a PGL Nomad member we would keep current on the events going on in the Nintendo format. We would also discuss tactics and teams to use in those formats and how to improve our battling skills to hopefully increase our rank in those formats.

This is not a club trying to overshadow the RMT section. We will discuss team building, tactics, etc. Each event or season can follow different rules.

Again the main goal is to help club members increase their rank in these events. Clubs members can battle other club members to test their team and get more direct feedback.

With the next PGL International Challenge June coming soon, we will need to get to tweaking our teams.

If you would like to join the PGL Nomads, please copy and paste and fill in the following info in your first post.

IGN:
    Battle Specialty:
    Goals:

For battle specialty I am looking for Doubles, Singles, Rotation, etc

For goals I am looking for what you want to accomplish in the club. If you want to help others get better, say you want to help others. If you want to increase your wins/points/rank, you can say improve my world ranking.

It ca be any goal. I myself am looking to improve my mental game. Being able to learn how to determine what set a Pokémon is running and what move may be coming next is something I seem to be one step behind on. However it seems like I am very predictable in my play style.

I would also like to maybe try out some community team builds. As a club we build a team for use on the Battle Spot Ratings Battle and see what member uses it better.

Members:
    BugCatcher6
    squeeb
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 16th June 2015 at 8:01 PM.

Bzz
    FC: 1349 4674 3085
    Farm League Commissioner

The next PGL Tournament registration starts on June 18th and last until June 25th. The competition begins on June 26th and is finished on June 28th.

The International Challenge June will follow the VGC format and their will be a reward for the top 256 ranked trainers, Championship points that go towards getting an invite to the Pokémon World Championship.

• 1-2 Players - 12 pts
    • 3-4 - 10 pts
    • 5-8 - 8 pts
    • 9-16 - 6 pts
    • 17-32 - 4 pts
    • 33-64 - 3 pts
    • 65-128 - 2 pts
    • 129-256 - 1 pt

My previous best ranking was 2,660, 32 wins 28 losses.

I usually have a good 1st day and then crash the 2nd and 3rd day.

I am trying to build a Trick Room team for this challenge, but running into issues with setting up Trick Room, which I think I have corrected.

My next issue is finding Pokémon that can hold their own outside of Trick Room.

My current team is built bulky, so I am lacking the power to finish off opponents.

I have bred an Aromatisse for my team, but yet to use her. Currently I am using Cofagrigus as my main Trick Room setter. I like the Mummy ability to stop some threats. I also have Cresselia on my team.

My Cofagrigus is awesome though. 30/10/31/30/30/0 IV spread, HP Fighting.

Finding attackers is my next step. Everything I am using seems to fail.

Bzz
    Farm League Commissioner

IGN: SQUEEB
    Battle Specialty:Singles, trying out doubles now
    Goals: Learn the 6th gen, since ive been out since HG SS
    FC 3754 9818 2645

Welcome aboard.

I know you have a core group right now with 4 Pokémon that have good synergy, we will have to work on getting you 2 alternates to have a balanced 6.

Bzz
    Farm League Commissioner