Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Misty Club

Sorry everyone for lack of activity but turbulent events happening in my life and obligations prevents me from coming as often like i used to. However rest assured i wont forget this place, doing best i can to come more often in here.

Also Welcome to the club Dwail8023, glad to have you here.

@marioluigifan05,sandy ketchum,Misty Ketchum66
    : Sure you can join, welcome to the club.

Anyone who likes Misty is welcomed here.

More on topic lately i have been thinking about something.

People often take Misty pickings and dynamic she provided to main cast for granted, but they often overlook how much her personality was helpful to Ash and even Brock bringing best out of them on surface. Her cynical side, snarky jokes, arguments and moral support she provided added that spark to main cast which was lost ever since she left series which caused drop of quality in group interactions and that incredible humor she brought imo. For example her teasing and perky behavior often awaken bratty side of Ash character lading to enjoyable tantrums and bickering between those two.

I remember she also made Brock more active when traveling around, having talks about love and romance. Like when she criticized him in "Heartbreak of Brock"for not doing first move with Temaku. When he was sick in "Sick Daze"she showed great deal of care for him with his comments how there are no girls annoying her because she is girl too not noticing that(same applies to banned "Ice Cave"giving advices to Ash what they should do). When cheering for Ash she several times had small talk with him criticizing him because of paying more attention to girls(like when he started cheering for that girl on grass stadium in Kanto league) than Ash battles and she always made sure to keep him out of trouble keeping him in check when girl obsession became exaggerated. Heck they often made each other company feeling like actual friends.

Or her interactions with Tracey and Daisy which was especially noticeable in chronicles being fun to see her yelling and becoming aggravated at her sisters carefree attitude, but also moments of bonding when she and her oldest sister worked together when fighting villains like Butch and Cassidy. Her insecure, shy side when being teased by others like Casey(such as when that Delcatty guy asked her to go on date) or eagerness whenever Tracey visited her developing strong friendship.

Her strong willingness to do what she finds right helping others to stand up for themselves, romantic side appreciating concept of love, obsession over cute things ad girly stuff and her brash, flamboyant attitude not letting anyone to put her down brought overall more spice, intensity and emotion into cast than any other character managed to replicate in same manner making things overall more dynamic(no pun intended).

Adding to that she was also one of few which remained equally interesting both before and after maturity. Becoming more responsible, secure in herself and determined while retaining enjoyable traits still having lot of spunk, rebellious attitude not letting others to put her down and sense of humor gaining more mature and gaily spin to her finding nice balance between caring, girly and hotheaded, brash side.

Maybe its just my bias talking, but i find Misty was one of most captivating, realistic characters this show had which left unfortunately prematurely with writers not recognizing appeal and potential she has to continue on.

tldr. Sorry everyone for wall of text, but i felt need to say this.

No need for an apology, in fact, it wasn't long enough for me :P I agree 100%!

I think this has been discussed before, but which outfit do you prefer for Misty?

I prefer the classic one, because it has more colors. Her modern one matches more, but I just like the old one more. I like the suspenders, and the zigzag design on her shoes (no, I don't usually go looking at people's shoes, but it just stands out), and she looks more like a school girl. I think she has the best design of all the females, either games or anime (though Kris comes a close second, but this isn't about Kris). All of her outfits have been great so far, though!

~marioluigifan05

I prefer the old one too. i like her new outfit but i like her old one even more. i think her shoes were great too.

I totally agree with you pokemonfan. It does make me miss the days that Misty was part of the traveling gang. I've watched the original series, just to see her again and it was good. I do hope that she does appear again, I'm satisfied if she didn't even travel with Ash as long as she appears, I'll be happy.

Hmmm, I prefer her new outfit. Her old one looks too mix matching to me, even though it only contains three colors, four if you count the white on her shoes.

I like her OS attire best since I got used to seeing its design more often than the attire she wore in her cameos. I don't remember which attire she wore in chronicles XD.
    I also liked her mermaid attire, she was very pretty in that. I don't think this counts as an attire, but I thought it was funny how she looked in the episode where Brock got Vulpix, where Jessie gave her a makeover and really overdid the make up on her XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I have some absolutely incredible news and some of you might flip out as much as I did. The cast list and partial plot details for next week's Pokemon episode in Japan has been released and it appears that Mayumi Iizuka is showing up in it as Kasumi or as many of you know her as Misty. This is not something I would be posting if it were fake but rather it is confirmed.
    Misty club member #11

Spoiler:- Kasumi:

Quote Originally Posted by nickstr View Post
    I have some absolutely incredible news and some of you might flip out as much as I did. The cast list and partial plot details for next week's Pokemon episode in Japan has been released and it appears that Mayumi Iizuka is showing up in it as Kasumi or as many of you know her as Misty. This is not something I would be posting if it were fake but rather it is confirmed.
    Where did you see the news in the first place?? I've looked and found nothing.

~Misty

~Pokeshipping~

My fanfiction account: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2320079/Misty_Ketchum97

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Ketchum66 View Post
    Where did you see the news in the first place?? I've looked and found nothing.

~Misty
    It's in the anime spoilers in the Charizard episode thread labeled BW2EN-8 Charizard. Both Misty and Brock are comfirmed to be in a flashback and they both might have speaking roles in the flashback. It probably won't be that big though, maybe just a few lines at the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Yes, I heard about this too. I'm happy Misty is getting a speaking role, even if it's probably really small and just in a flashback. For now, I am more than satisfied lol. This shows the writers still acknowledge Misty and the fact that she was important, who knows, this could be a subtle hint at a potential appearance after the current storyline

I'm glad Misty is getting an appearance. It's been so long. If she does show up hopefully she has some Sinnoh/Unova/Poke France Pokemon on her team

Spoiler:- Spoiler:
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 3rd March 2013 at 8:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    It's in the anime spoilers in the Charizard episode thread labeled BW2EN-8 Charizard. Both Misty and Brock are comfirmed to be in a flashback and they both might have speaking roles in the flashback. It probably won't be that big though, maybe just a few lines at the most.
    Cool~ I don't mind it being a short flashback as long as it is her. Can I have the link for the spoilers?

~Misty

~Pokeshipping~

Cool~ I don't mind it being a short flashback as long as it is her. Can I have the link for the spoilers?

~Misty

This is something every Misty fan was waiting for and im excited and happy that our favorite "tomboyish mermaid" is finally going to receive some recognition with writers acknowledging her existence, impact she left on Ash and anime giving insight to new kids into anime history and to meet one of best and most fascinating female characters this anime had.

This isn't just simple token reminder like lure in DP was but actual speaking flashback showing actual Misty, even if its just through Ash memory. GREAT news indeed.

Hopefully writers won't stop with lifted up atmosphere and off thrown unpredictable surprises they started to deliver with flashback scene serving as prelude toward Misty actual in flesh return.

Apparently after N arc ends there will be left time worth of at least 20 to 30episodes writers will have to fill up with something before 6th gen starts. And if they do expansion of world tournament doing Senior cup maybe they bring back Misty for it being perfect candidate not only because she partakes in it as gym leader in games. But also because storywise it would be flexible way to fit her in with purpose of advancing water master career by learning new ways of battling and entering events with highly skilled trainers learning something from them. Along with catching new water types native to Unova and bring more life and dynamic into cast with her vivid personality.

Either that or we could see her at Pallet town hopefully this time giving us some update and see Misty play some role again.

But what i would like the most is this foreshadowing Misty eventual return to cast. This would certainly shake things up bringing whole new angle to pokemon series in form of unexpected and fresh twist deriving from usual, overused pattern of constantly going from scratch and doing build up on someone story and personality going through more substantial growth. Since basic points were already covered and imbue anime with charm, humor and more lively interactions by having her around. She never really got proper closure having lot of material to be done more with her pokemon, goal of becoming water master, past etc and judging by Charizard return sticking around for awhile i can only imagine how much hype and positive reception would Misty return in person cause after so much time.

Hopefully this flashback appearance in upcoming Charizard episode is sign toward better, lighter times in pokemon show with writers recognizing benefits and potential which lies in popular all time favorites.

You always know what to saw Pokemon fan. I'm totally agreeing with you. I don't care if it's only a flashback, at least it's something. I always had that hope that the writers would do something to include her in the story, even with a flashback, it brings joy to me. I do hope that we will see her again soon. I'd love if she would travel along with Satoshi in Generation 6. I can't say she won't, but I can't say she will. I'm just excited to she her again and in BW animation. Totally going on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Where? I don't see anything... Was it posted somewhere else?

~Misty

~Pokeshipping~

Where? I don't see anything... Was it posted somewhere else?

~Misty
    Sorry, "this" was used as a link to the page. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...TED-2-7/page93 <-- That's the link right there of where it was it confirmed that she will be having a speaking role.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Sorry, "this" was used as a link to the page. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...TED-2-7/page93 <-- That's the link right there of where it was it confirmed that she will be having a speaking role.
    Oh, it's okay. And look at what I found!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHWQiQhjM1Y

Misty appears in a few shots!! And her voice can be heard off screen! (Even if it is only one line, it STILL makes me SUPER happy!!!)

~Misty

~Pokeshipping~

Haha, as I said. I was going to upload it on Youtube. People thought I was joking about doing it, but I did it. I hope we see her again, I know this is like my 100th time saying it, but it's true I didn't realize until now how much I miss her.

Speaking of Misty flashback while some people didn't liked new animation, personally i liked way Misty was portrayed in it seeming more fresh and novel without taking away from her hotheaded tomboy aspect.

Now all we can do is wait i guess and hope how this wasn't end to surprises with all those references to past, rich flashback scenes and pleasant return of previous characters and pokemon serving as prelude toward some all time favorites like Misty returning in flesh.
    It would went nicely with current throwbacks to Kanto being fresh twist to see her updated and in action again.

Given how Ash is after N arc going back to Kanto to explore Dekorola archipelago only increase chances for return of good old redhead even more and while its stretch, her appearance in flashback could have also been writers way of preparing younger viewers for Misty return getting some info, knowledge prior to that.
    Through Charizard return and lot of emphasis on background i believe writers proved once and for all how new generations being unfamiliar with older characters doesn't play any difference, nor stop previous companion from returning back.

I hope misty appears when ash goes back to kanto and see her for atleast 2 or 3 episodes. cant wait to see her.
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth

I also can't wait to see her.

New topic #1: What do you like most about Misty? Design, temper, a certain Pokemon, voice, etc.

For me, it's the fact that she can swim better than all of you her development, and her characterization in general. She was really believable and relatable.

New topic #2: If Misty came back, would the show automatically improve?

For me, it would fix a few issues I have, (I hate to say this) but the show has other issues it has to work on before bringing her back will make the show perfect immediately.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

I hope Misty gets a episode or two this saga. I wouldn't mind if it was just a lab episode. I loved how she looked in the flashback.

What I like about Misty most is how she is second place in traveling through the most regions with Ash

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast