Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Misty Club

For the new question:

I think that if the Water Gym Leader shows up, Misty could be studying under him to become a better Water Master. Or she could come to cheer Ash on when he gets to the league. But for my second idea, it would most likely be Dawn or May.

Quote Originally Posted by cooloolcool View Post
    For the new question:

I think that if the Water Gym Leader shows up, Misty could be studying under him to become a better Water Master. Or she could come to cheer Ash on when he gets to the league. But for my second idea, it would most likely be Dawn or May.
    Misty didn't became water master though, and as gym leader she can't either because it was showed in OS how this requires traveling just like Ash goal of pokemon master does, exploring new regions and pokemon, competing in water competitions like Whirl Cup(which proved how entering such tasks and winning is required to achieve this), learning more that way.

To become water master Misty would need to become strongest water trainer in world, or at least be of E4 caliber in strength. I always thought becoming E4 of water types would make sense with Lorelei being after all her idol, and this would basically make her master of water types just like Lance is labeled as dragon master.

I'll just leave this here.

I could see this happening...

^ Like the Misty picture you got there!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    To Ashist_Wilketch: That is a really good drawing, my compliments. I could definitely see Misty appearing in something like this and blue fits her well.

Now if only we could see her again, sigh.

When do you think Misty will appear again and why?

To first part of question no one knows answer, but i have small glimpse of hope that Misty might appear in filler BW arc, with release of BW games with older pokemon appearing again giving m somewhat justified reason to believe how writers might include some references to past and older, forgotten characters..
    That one drawing above looks like an outfit that Misty would appear in, if she got the chance...I wonder, if Misty came back, would she come back in her HG/SS get up?
    Thank you so much! I do think blue fits her well since her speciality is water. I wish seeing her again in BW even if it means a mention for a start. Right now, I haven't got much idea to what will she wear, but whatever she wear, I think it's nice to her
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Quote Originally Posted by MugenKeiji View Post
    I'll just leave this here.

It has Corsola in it! Plus, really good quality. Good job!

Lol, sorry guys...I just wanted to post this Misty gif...I LOVE when she throws the pokeball here!
    Last edited by Champion Jared 14; 13th May 2012 at 5:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Jared 14 View Post

Lol, sorry guys...I just wanted to post this Misty gif...I LOVE when she throws the pokeball here!
    I just love that scene, specially when she kissed the pokeball first before throwing it..Love it!

IMO, concerning the new water type gym leader, he does look somewhat skilled, but he doesn't look that tough to me...He seems like the kind of trainer that would be one to admire Misty and her skills...And since he's most likely from Unova, it would be cool to see him go bananas over some non-native Unova water pokemon, like the ones Misty has!

Hi everyone, it seems how pokemon series are finally starting to pay more attention to continuity and past, and as everyone probably already know in BW 2 games there will return Cynthia and several older E4 members and gym leaders(including Misty and Brock) for world tournament.

Hopefully this will be transferred to anime, with Misty making long awaited return. She could definitely gain a lot from traveling in BW filler arc and competing in tournaments organized by Cynthia helping her a lot more toward goal of becoming water master, than gym ever would. She is iconic and hugely popular, has unfinished business and writers might use that to their advantage adding her return as unexpected twist helping to promote better BW 2 games.

Confirmed return of Dawn(for at least appearance) along with Giovanni being bound to play important role in BW series sequel might announce change of pokemon show formula which was starting to get stale and repetitive with writers deciding to include veterans to make new things with them and attract viewers. Who knows maybe Misty ad Brock even get brought back to main cast at some point?

Stranger things has happened already in past.

To MugenKeiji:That picture is absolutely gorgeous with Misty looking great. I wouldn't mind having her comeback with such hairstyle, being along mermaid her best look. Not to say she doesn't look great with one sided ponytail too reflecting in cute way her tomboyishness , but with above outfits she looks even better.

To Champion Jared 14: Haha i know what you mean, that clip surely brigs back memories. I loved scene when she kissed pokeball unleashing Gyarados too. I remember when i watched it for first time expecting Corsola lol, just to be positively surprised by giant blue snake. Those episodes were definitely among Hoenn best ones and i wish Misty have stayed loner which would have make series even more exciting.

If Misty comes back, I think...I would like her to have her hair down this time...Or maybe, she can put her hair in the side pony tail when she gets excited, or when she's getting riled up for a battle!

I was just thinking about Dawn's cameo and...I can't imagine seeing her with the new style of eyes they use for the anime characters....I liked Misty's old eyes, and I wouldn't like it if they changed the design of them...

You guys remember when Jasmine came back in DP? Her eyes had a purplish kinda color to them back in Johto, but when she came back in DP her eyes were super brown...

Only person who's eyes that won't be affected by the change of course would be Brock...

Dawn and Cynthia's comebacks are awesome though, Old gym leaders are back in BW2, I hope there's an anime counterpart for it, seeing Misty with the others as well.

Really cool pictures!

I think it'd be super cool if Misty showed up for that World Tournament thing that's going on. It'd be a perfect excuse, plus we'll see just how strong she's become.

If she does show up, I don't want to see Misty with the new googly-eyes they do for everyone...LOL, I just can't picture her with bigger, brighter blue eyes...or bigger pupils...LOL come to think of it, I don't like the new eye design for the characters in BW...The same kinda applies for Ash...I mean, yeah I think most people knew his eyes were brown...but now...they're like, super duper hazel brown...LOL

If she does show up, I don't want to see Misty with the new googly-eyes they do for everyone...LOL, I just can't picture her with bigger, brighter blue eyes...or bigger pupils...LOL come to think of it, I don't like the new eye design for the characters in BW...The same kinda applies for Ash...I mean, yeah I think most people knew his eyes were brown...but now...they're like, super duper hazel brown...LOL
    Agreed, I've gotten used to the new eyes, but I don't think it was absolutely necessary to change them. Likewise, I don't think Misty's need to change, but they probably will since Ash, Delia, Jessie and James exc. did :/

Quote Originally Posted by BlueVapor View Post
    Really cool pictures!

I think it'd be super cool if Misty showed up for that World Tournament thing that's going on. It'd be a perfect excuse, plus we'll see just how strong she's become.
    Definitely. If there ever existed perfect opportunity to bring Misty back it would be for BW2 .She is present in new games(not remake)as one of gym leaders coming for world tournament giving her marketing value to promote new games. And given her iconic status and popularity this could warrant her use for it.

From story standpoint it makes even more sense, because traveling to compete in tournaments host by Cynthia would tremendously help her in skills as water trainer, because of high competition this tournaments contain. I believe Junior Cup is only precursor to future tournaments in BW2 saga with several of them forming concept of World tournament.

Having Misty travel to compete in them, catch new pokemon, develop new battling style as trainer and explore new places and pokemon would help her advance water master goal and it would be great too see her interact with new characters like Iris and Cilan. With Iris she has some things in common and it would be interesting to see how would someone perky and tomboyish like Misty interact with Iris whose cynicism and teasing could push her buttons leading to conflict. Not to mention Misty has things in common with Cilan too with both sharing passionate love for things they like, such as battling, fishing etc. I could see some rivalry being ignited between them to see who is better fisherman.
    Of course after so much time it would be nice to see rekindle of friendship between Ash and long time friend too, now that Misty is abit more mature and experienced taking friendship to new dimension.

I think BW2 would be great opportunity to have Misty join cast sticking for whole season with new games introducing feature from which she could benefit alot, but some extended visit being for at least 5 to 10 episodes would be great as well.

After all if Dawn can have long visit ,why Misty couldn't as well? Especially when its easier to come up with story for someone like trainer as she is, than its case with coordinators due to lack of contests in Unova.

Hi everyone! Stopping by to share a little banner edit of mine

Aww, what a cute banner!!!

How about this...

Has Misty inspired you to create a Water-based pokemon team?

Without a doubt, she has. Water types are my favorite...I can't say for sure if they're my favorite just yet though~! I've been trying to create a rain dance team for a while now. Haven't been able to do so just yet....lol

Yeah she has! Water types have always been my favorite, probably because of her. Every one in awhile for fun, I make a water team, and I change it up a bit. But I always include Vaporeon I also always pick the water starters too~

Matter of fact, it would've been nice if she got a cameo or a mention on the Pokemon Movie with Manaphy...that would've been perfect for her...Come to think of it, I'd sure like to have a Manaphy of my own...Do any of you guys still play the games? I've been trying to get my hands on either a Manaphy or a Phione for a while now.

Let live up this place with new topic, and i would ask everyone to answer this question if possible because im really interested in hearing your thoughts on this subject.

What is your opinion on Misty character in every region she was in(including Hoenn too)?

Kanto: In Kanto i liked impulsive and fiery side Misty had while showing that she can be girly and tender too. She was just starting out being insecure and full of self doubts using temper as defense mechanism to cover up her own weak spots. Psyduck was highly enjoyable and slapstick was nice addition to her character with tantrums with Ash and Brock increasing show atmosphere.

Orange Islands: I liked how Misty started to open herself to Ash and frirnds starting tio mature as character and appreciate friendship not caring about bike anymore. It was nice to see softer and more tender side of Misty while still being temperament, with flirty attitude with Rudy or Danny as well compassionate side which was best showed in "Stun Spore Detour".

Johto: This was region where Misty started to develop notably with more focus being out on her water trainer skills and strive to become water pokemon master. This can be evidenced through Seaking catching contest, Alto Mare race, Whirl Cup which was designed solely to advance her dreams(top 8 was crown of her achievements at that point).
    In Johto Misty still had that charm and enjoyable quirks, but she also became less impulsive and more self critic being willing to admit mistakes, becoming independent as character and less reliant on Ash and Brock help. This can be noticed in her increase of initiative to take care of things on her own becoming more focused on goal of becoming best water trainer while becoming more confident in her abilities . Which can be noticed in interactions with various Johto characters like Egan, Andreas, Trinity, Dorian or Sakura with hothead side still being showed to be part of character, but also becoming more level headed and patient. One of notable examples is her interactions with Sakura establishing strong friendship while Misty taking some sort of mentor role helping her in dissidence with older sisters having same problem herself in past over which she got over eventually.
    And there was also put more emphasis on palette of various Misty hobbies like fishing which led to battle for Totodile against Ash or Seaking capture, passionate love for water types being obsessed with them trying to catch various ones(like Corsola, Chinchau, Quagsire) or falling for romantic and cute stuff(Teddiursa thief being one of great examples).

Reason why i decided to give more attention to Johto in here is because while Misty could have been handled better there, its often overlooked some really good growth through which she went there. We can see in "Gotta Catch Ya Later"how much this character grew being more mature and levelheaded and getting over complex of feeling less worthy compared to sisters. She was still feisty and sarcastic but she also developed high doze of responsibility and appreciation for her friends wanting to stay with them and continue pursuing her water master quest. Dream which was developed in Kanto with Misty ambitions becoming higher.

Hoenn: This is where Misty had some of best moments in series so far. We can see during chronicles and cameos her character became more responsible not being insecure in herself so much like she used to be while still being quirky, fierce and tomboyish finding right balance between her hotheaded and girly side. Which can be noticed in playful teasing of Ash and Brock, dynamic interaction with Daisy and Tracey with her sisters leaving some influence on her becoming little bit more outgoing. While at same time remaining strong willed having attitude.

All of this allowed for some great character development with Misty overcoming some of long time problems such as gaining sisters respect,getting over Gyarados fear, being willing to let go ones she loves knowing whats best for them(like Togetic) growing in "stronger" character and trainer who knew how to take care of herself better while still having that charm.

So this is my opinion on Misty by each region and hopefully writers will bring her back at some point,being one of most complex and dynamic characters pokemon had. And because there was so many things unanswered leaving lot of potential to expand on her story. Not only with water master goal for which gym isn't enough,but also with past, ambitions and various other aspects of Misty character which are left unfinished and unexplored. And of course to bring some of that unmistakable dynamic and endearing interaction she was famous for.

p.s. Kudos to anyone which managed to read through my whole post which ended up longer than i expected, and im looking forward to hear thoughts from you guys about this.

Aww, what a cute banner!!!

How about this...

Without a doubt, she has. Water types are my favorite...I can't say for sure if they're my favorite just yet though~! I've been trying to create a rain dance team for a while now. Haven't been able to do so just yet....lol
    Back on Pokemon Blue yeah.
    It's been awhile since I posted here

Inactive club is inactive...must resolve issue!

Lol, that aside? Where's everyone? How's everything going??

Inactive club is inactive...must resolve issue!

Lol, that aside? Where's everyone? How's everything going??
    I know what you mean, unfortunately this club is experiencing drought with many members stopping to come here(many redhead fans left serebii forever after constant let downs from writers part), and lack of new ones don't help to resolve issue either.

I guess lack of any new info about Misty for last 6 years with nothing fresh and new being given fans to talk about is on large part responsible for this im afraid, and future doesn't seem to be any brighter either. Ill keep coming as much as i can though, because Misty was too great of character and unique doing a lot for pokemon success and anime to let her end up forgotten.

Hopefully writers will capitalize on popularity and potential and bring her back in BW2 season for advertizing purposes and to do more with her story too. Participating in world tournaments would be of great help to her trainer skills advancing water pokemon master dream which wasn't accomplished yet. She definitely know how to add extra flavor to cast with her endearing and fun personality, which would ensure great dynamic and play of with Cilan and Iris, if they ever meet each other.
    Many people want her back, and it would be foolish to miss on such a big opportunity with writers being very unfair toward original female protagonist.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 9th July 2012 at 10:40 AM.

^^^^^Yeah, I can agree with what you've said Pokefan...With the writers bringing back Dawn in BW, when her prescence there doesn't really align with her main goal, I can't see why they wouldn't find a way to somehow bring back characters like Misty, or even Brock or May for that matter...

Just looking at Misty's HG/SS and BW2 teams really makes me want her to show up with some new water pokemon.

I would like to join the Misty club, please. Misty is a great trainer and she is one of my favorite trainers of all time. I am a big fan of her's. I think she is cute.
    My trainer name: Brandon
    My Platinum Version FC: 1806 6081 4355

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast