Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Misty Club

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Jared 14 View Post
    ^^^^^Yeah, I can agree with what you've said Pokefan...With the writers bringing back Dawn in BW, when her prescence there doesn't really align with her main goal, I can't see why they wouldn't find a way to somehow bring back characters like Misty, or even Brock or May for that matter...

Just looking at Misty's HG/SS and BW2 teams really makes me want her to show up with some new water pokemon.
    I hope we get to see Misty at least appear again and maybe get an extended stay like Dawn is getting sometime in the future. But I don't think it would happen because the writers don't know how to write anything.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by thedehydrator View Post
    I hope we get to see Misty at least appear again and maybe get an extended stay like Dawn is getting sometime in the future. But I don't think it would happen because the writers don't know how to write anything.
    Speaking of which, I haven't seen the latest Japanese episode but how have you liked Dawn's handling in BW thus far??

Speaking of which, I haven't seen the latest Japanese episode but how have you liked Dawn's handling in BW thus far??
    Well I don't really wanna go off topic, but I dunno, it's like she's just there and not doing anything and she loses early in a tournament to Iris. I guess that could mean that she's staying for a long time though, like maybe most of season 2, hopefully XD.
    Anyways I wonder if we'll get to see Misty appear maybe when Ash returns to Pallet Town?

To Srivats123: Sure you can join, anyone who likes Misty can join this club. Have a good time in here.c

^^^^^Yeah, I can agree with what you've said Pokefan...With the writers bringing back Dawn in BW, when her prescence there doesn't really align with her main goal, I can't see why they wouldn't find a way to somehow bring back characters like Misty, or even Brock or May for that matter...

Just looking at Misty's HG/SS and BW2 teams really makes me want her to show up with some new water pokemon.
    In Misty case things are even better, because world tournament from games would directly help her to advance her own story and goal, while still advertizing new games. Writers don't have to even come up with reason, because BW2 games offered more than enough strong excuse for her to be there.

If she go to BW2 filler arc to travel and compete in world competitions like her game counterpart does to advance her water master dream and develop more character, to get update on her and what has changed , for continuity purposes and to advertize BW2 games are all reasons through which she would aside from gaining benefit herself help to move current series story as well making her relevant again. There is no better way for someone to improve skills as trainer, but by entering tournaments with high competition challenging best. Not to mention going on journey to Unova would also give her opportunity to enrich her pokemon team by catching new pokemon and learn more by exploring different species and regions, than she would ever at gym. If any saga was suitable for Misty return this would be one of them because in that case with surprise return she wouldn't only bring unexpected twist to current series, but would also gain bigger marketing value to play in filler arc as well.

As for Dawn return in Unova, she has been in only 3 episodes so far and judging by look of things she will stay for at least 10 episodes(possibly more than that). So far she had great dynamic with BW cast becoming closer friend with Cilan ad Iris, there was developed rivalry between Oshawott and Piplup and she is entering Junior Cup(although Iris will dominate everyone with newly caught disobedient Dragonite).

However since Dawn is going to return for extended stay to improve skills as coordinator, developing new battling style its obvious how Junior Cup was rather just foreplay for character with writers taking their time with Dawn further growth, since she will be in cast for longer period anyway.

I would love to see Misty appear while Dawn is still making her guest appearance and Iris is still in the group. I wonder how that would work out lol.

I sure would love to see Misty again...Competing in the World Tournament would be great for her!

Dawn think there's no need to worry...lol

Quote Originally Posted by ~Upsidedown 403~ View Post
    I sure would love to see Misty again...Competing in the World Tournament would be great for her!
    Maybe they'll have more of these junior tournaments, with Misty participating in 1. I'd like to see Misty meet Iris, Cilan, and Dawn lol

Quote Originally Posted by ~Upsidedown 403~ View Post
    Agreed, Misty needs to show people she's on her way to become a Water Pokemon master.

Quote Originally Posted by thedehydrator View Post
    Maybe they'll have more of these junior tournaments, with Misty participating in 1. I'd like to see Misty meet Iris, Cilan, and Dawn lol
    I hope so! Misty definitely needs to come back and compete in a tournament so we can see how uberly powerful she has become Plus, I would to see her and Iris gang up on Ash :P

It would be awesome to see Misty join the BW group also with Dawn [and the BW group]in Unova. I kinda like the idea of seeing her in the tournament, competing or just one of the viewers.XD I really miss her battles..

A banner I made months agoXD

Also a fanart by Teppo. Have I post this already?
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Oh my~~ Nice banner! And I haven't seen the fanart, but if you did post it before, glad you posted it again; it's really amazing and cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashist_Wilketch View Post
    It would be awesome to see Misty join the BW group also with Dawn [and the BW group]in Unova. I kinda like the idea of seeing her in the tournament, competing or just one of the viewers.XD I really miss her battles..

A banner I made months agoXD

Also a fanart by Teppo. Have I post this already?
    Yeah, I agree. I would love for Misty to meet Dawn and Iris
    nice pics btw, they look awesome.

To Ashist_Wilketch: Nice seeing you in here again. That is great banner and picture, thanks for posting it.

Since we didn't seen Misty for very long time(since 2005 in regular series) i have idea for new topic.
    How much do you think things have changed with Misty in meantime?

I can imagine her skills have been improved a lot with her cameos in Hoenn and hosos already showing that her pokemon became stronger, and she developed as trainer too. I expect that some of her pokemon evolved by now(maybe Horsea or Azurill)and its not farfetched to expect that she added some new pokemon to her team as well.

As person Daisy and others probably influenced her a bit too, because while she was still hothead she did seemed a bit more playful and outgoing in her cameos. She also probably already accepted her sisters laziness and inability to run things normally, but i presume she probably gets annoyed from time to time with their behavior and teasing yelling at them, or being snarky about it. She probably miss her traveling day with Ash too sometimes, being nostalgic about it.
    As far as her love life goes, im pretty sure nothing has changed not being interested in such things as encounter with Georgio showed feeling embarrassed when there is talk about love and boyfriends.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Misty leaves gym at times to travel, catch new pokemon and advance her trainer skills like other gym leaders do(such as Cilan, Fantina, Candice etc). Which would make sense considering she has larger ambitions to accomplish wanting to become best water trainer in world.
    For all we know by now she could have went to Johto and enter Whirl Cup for second time, advancing her dream of becoming water master, and i could see Daisy becoming a bit more responsible with Misty talking her in taking care of gym when she is absent. Daisy did showed to be one which spends most time with her at gym knowing to battle somewhat(like Luvdisc episode showed).
    Who knows maybe one day Lorelei or some other powerful water trainer recognize her skills, taking her as apprentice, which would be big step forward in water master career.

Coincidentally something like World Cup tournaments are perfect way to advance her goal too, though it depends on writers if they want to bring her back.

Finally as far as look goes, i presume she still has same hairstyle unless sisters talked her in changing it or she decided herself(which is doubtful)though if we ever see her she will probably have new clothes.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 20th August 2012 at 10:52 AM.

Thank you!

As for Misty, I could see her having new pokemons. I could imagine her skills were improving and she could have new skills, both as a gym leader and as a trainer. She might be hoping to travel again but she couldn't let her gym leading go.
    For her personality, she might have a little changes but the Misty we all know could remain the same. I couldn't visualize how she would look now but I could say, she's better the way we knew her before.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

I think things with Misty have changed quite a bit.

First, definitely new Pokemon. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of her Pokemon have evolved (maybe a Kingdra like I always hoped for <3, or maybe even a Seaking?) It would be cool if Azurill was fully evolved by now, but maybe they won't evolve it so she can have another carry-Pokemon... :/ I'm sure she has new Pokemon too. I always wanted her to get that Blue Shellos

I bet she's much stronger than when we last saw her, seeing how she has had a lot of time at the gym to get better. This is why I'd love to see her compete in a competition.

I bet she visits Pallet every so often, even when Ash isn't there. Remember, she's good friends with Tracey, and she even gets along with Oak and Delia. She probably even visits Pewter, now that Brock is there.

If Misty ever returns, I'd like to see her with another attire design so that she seems a bit more fresh when she appears. Also new Pokemon would be nice for her, I'd like to see some Sinnoh, Unova, or whatever water type Pokemon they have in future generations.

pokemon fan 132, you always know what to say.

I'd love to see Misty return, and meet people such as, Cilan, Iris, and Dawn. It'd be cool to see her in her HGSS outfit too. As for new Pokemon, there's no doubt Misty would have all sorts of Water type Pokemon. Sucks that Gen 5 didn't introduce as much. But, if Misty were to appear and compete in a tournament, I'd like to see old and new Pokemon of her's to battle. Like Starmie, Staryu, Gyarados, and even Psyduck. By now, I think Psyduck has mastered its psychic powers, or it'd still stay clueless of what's going on around it. And if Pokemon like if Horsea were to evolve, that would be fantastic, then Misty would have three powerhouses.

Hopefully when she comes back her Azurill will have evolved. That would be nice to see.

AS long as i can help it, i wont let this club die. Misty needs more love, and lack of any appearances is taking its toll.

@YokoKurama:Thanks, that's nice from you. Yeah i know 5th generation didn't introduced that many water types, but since BW2 games offer access to older generation pokemon she isn't only limited to 5th gen. We still need to see if she caught any from 4th generation, and out of newest i could picture her with Swanna or even Jellicent with half ghost, half water adding more diversity and new dimension to her team. I could definitely see her fan girling over Swanna being weak to cute pokemon.

Since my last topix wasn't answered by anyone, ill ask something more concrete since sometimes i encounter claims how "Misty is only liked because she was first".
    If Misty came after other girls, would she still be your favorite or among favorite girls in pokemon?

As far as im concerned even if Misty came later on she would still by my favorite.She has fantastic personality and made this show more funny having that deep and entertaining chemistry with group contributing to quality character interaction. She is spirited, had lot of spunk and grew in stronger and better person, always having unique charm about her.
    I was also more impressed with her sad back-story growing up without parents, living in shadow of her older sisters having to prove herself to everyone with life not being easy for her.She was like diamond in rough, working hard for everything she achieved.
    I liked her water pokemon with Psyduck,Poliwag(later its evolution forms)and Staryu being at that time my favorite pokemon she had admiring her aspiration of striving to become master of water types.

Now i liked other girls, but they never lived up to my expectations like Misty did.

Well, if Misty were to appear after May and the others, I still might prefer her more. I know all the girls have a different personality, but Misty was the only one to actually hit anyone (Ash mostly). Iris' dream is similar to Misty, because they want to become a master of the type they specialize in. I agree with you all the way pokemon fan 132. And I never knew she grew up without parents, I just thought they weren't shown, like most parents. Ya learn something everyday.

Sad to see this club dying. This place needs more conversations and life in itself.

Speaking of Misty few days ago i watched some of older episodes and i always wandered what would happen if her Psyduck evolved. Would he still be clueless not knowing how to battle, or would he become more competent becoming one of powerhouses of her team?

Interestingly enough when i watched "Bye, Bye Psyduck"for first time i almost got tricked in believing that Misty Psyduck really evolved. Writers really tricked fans there.
    Although im kinda glad this didn't happened appreciating clumsiness and humor that duck brought. Even so it would be nice if Misty taught him one day to swim and properly battle, serving as indication of her improvement as trainer.

She did tried that few times in past during original series and in chronicles, though to her frustration without success.

Can I join please? Misty is my favorite female from the anime. Is there anything I need to do in order to join?
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Can I join please? Misty is my favorite female from the anime. Is there anything I need to do in order to join?
    Nothing else but a love for Misty of course! Lol, welcome! It's always good to have new members within the mix...Hopefully we can keep things rolling in here, even though I know a lot of us are busy with our daily lives and whatnot but I always try to remember to think of the club and post whenever I can.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Welcome to the club, its always great to meet new people who appreciate this character.

Hopefully we will see Misty one day coming back and showing some update/improvement in her water master career and what has changed in her life so far. I think she could benefit a lot from entering world tournament if this concept ever sees further expansion in anime, and going on journey to learn from stronger trainers new things. That is if her sisters ever become more competent allowing her to leave. Last time she barely had time to visit Ash and Brock, being disappointed that she can't leave that place even for moment.

People can say what they want, but her story never met conclusion having lot of material to expand upon. Im also interested in seeing how would new generations react to original female of pokemon and her feisty, adventurous personality being known for bringing great humor and interactions.

I'd like to see her become a Water Pokemon Master one day. Who else would like this to happen?
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast