Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Misty Club

Hello everyone, Misty is my favorite character in the whole saga, I love both her and her Pokemon.
    I'm hoping for a comeback in the series, even for a few episodes.
    Ps: It is time for her Psyduck evolve into Golduck! XD

Last edited by shun90; 4th October 2012 at 7:49 PM.

I like Psyduck as he is now. Seeing it evolve would take away its job as comic relief.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

@[shun90: welcome to the club. Anyone who likes Misty can join and i share same view as you do.

Lets just hope writers will recognize benefit behind Misty return and show her again.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    I like Psyduck as he is now. Seeing it evolve would take away its job as comic relief.
    After watching "Bye Bye Psyduck" not so long ago that Golduck seemed pretty funny and interesting as pokemon. So who knows, if Psyduck evolves and become better battler he could still remain funny and likable.

To answer your question, it would be great if Misty accomplished goal of water pokemon master. She always dreamed of becoming strongest and most recognized water trainer in world having huge passion for battling and adventures. We already witnessed with Whirl Cup how master of water is very prestigious title, with there existing special events through which you can come closer toward achievement of this goal.

I think it would be cool if she became E4 one day or ended up taken as some powerful water trainer apprentice(like her idol Lorelei or Wallace), working under their wing and in future obtaining this position which would be great way to wrap up her long time dream. It would also serve as testament to all hard work, effort and improvement she made as water pokemon trainer. Since E4 are essentially top one type trainers in world , Misty would with such position fulfill her desire of becoming strongest water trainer in world too making her recognized water master.

I agree! After all Golduck is very strong, so between Golduck, Gyarados, Politoed, Staryu and Corsola, Misty could became invincible! XD
    About sympathy of Psyduck, at this time isn't of interest for the authors, because Misty is gone, indeed, in those few episodes where she is back, Psyduck isn't appeared anymore. Moreover, apart from his sympathy, turns out to be a Pokemon pretty useless because it can never be used in battle. then in my opinion, I think it's time to really give importance to this pokemon by showing a return of Misty in few episodes where finally flaunts her Golduck! That may very well maintain a sympathetic character as he said ''pokemon fan 132'', but at least he can fight and especially swim. XD

Last edited by shun90; 7th October 2012 at 8:45 PM.

I haven't on here in awhile. Why is it so inactive? ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by shun90 View Post

Those pictures are amazing. Where did you get these?

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    I haven't on here in awhile. Why is it so inactive? ._.
    Reason is probably because Misty didn't returned for very long time, not having any new info, updates and changes which happened to character to talk about. Almost all older topics has been covered and there isn't much new material to discuss currently.

Its sad, but from my experience when character stops appearing ending forgotten in anime it pulls with it consequence of people starting to lose interest for those they once used to like.
    Now if Misty returns i can guarantee this place would very quickly become filled with life, various discussions about character with new members who became fan of character or reinvented interest joining in.

But as of right now, club is experiencing drought along with many other clubs where characters haven't been seen for long time.

I guess bless Misty has going for her is that she was original and most iconic female with glory from older days and huge popularity she established making sure that following for her is still going strong even now not being forgotten among fans if online fanbase is something to go by, but even that can only go on for so much until it wears of.

Unless Misty returns in future , things don't look bright at all and it saddens me to see one of most complex and interesting characters which contributed so much to show initial success, being treated like it never mattered or existed . Misty strong personality always managed to add life between character interactions injecting more humor within it, her story was left unfinished and there is so much untapped potential to expand upon deserving better than what shes getting now.

I still have some hope that we might maybe see her in filler arc after Unova league, with expansion of world cup(assuming it happens) seeming like one of most fitting chances. But if writers pass on this opportunity too, going straightforward to 6th generation ignoring character again than this will be i guess indefinite proof to their ignorance, lack of care and wrongly set priorities not realizing popularity and potential this character has on which they could capitalize upon.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 22nd October 2012 at 10:58 AM.

I was trying to post this picture of all the Water type Gym Leaders yesterday...
    It was an Awesome picture!!

It had Misty, Cress, Crasher Wake, and Juan...No Wallace or Marlon (Yet).

Isn't it funny how Misty's the only female water gym leader to date? As I was playing Black 2 the other day, I saw a swimmer trainer make a reference to her as well.

Those pictures are amazing. Where did you get these?

I got them from the episodes.

Is there anyone on Tumblr?? I saw an awesome pic of the water gym leaders there. Misty looked so awesome on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Jared 14 View Post
    I was trying to post this picture of all the Water type Gym Leaders yesterday...
    It was an Awesome picture!!

It had Misty, Cress, Crasher Wake, and Juan...No Wallace or Marlon (Yet).

Isn't it funny how Misty's the only female water gym leader to date? As I was playing Black 2 the other day, I saw a swimmer trainer make a reference to her as well.
    It's because Misty is to wonderful to copy

Is there anyone on Tumblr?? I saw an awesome pic of the water gym leaders there. Misty looked so awesome on it.
    I haven't seen that picture yet. I'll look it up. And if you guys would like, I can bring in some pictures and gifs.

hmm.. I haven't seen that but I saw this on pixiv, gym leaders with Misty on it. I guess posting fanarts and stuffs would be nice, it's been a long time posting without Misty pictures here
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Red: ShinAya= Kagepro OTP || Inactive ||

Quote Originally Posted by Ashist_Wilketch View Post
    hmm.. I haven't seen that but I saw this on pixiv, gym leaders with Misty on it. I guess posting fanarts and stuffs would be nice, it's been a long time posting without Misty pictures here
    Hmm, that wasn't the same one I found but that one is also cool! It's like a PWT kind of pic.

Hmm, that wasn't the same one I found but that one is also cool! It's like a PWT kind of pic.

I know..I just post it for fanart reasonsit would be nice if your give the link though
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Red: ShinAya= Kagepro OTP || Inactive ||

Would this be it?

Would this be it?

It doesn't show up for me

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    It doesn't show up for me
    Here's the link to the picture.

Goodness, it's been forever since I've posted in here. I still love Misty, and I'm also a fan of Iris as well.

Dawn think there's no need to worry...lol

Quote Originally Posted by ~Upsidedown 403~ View Post
    Goodness, it's been forever since I've posted in here. I still love Misty, and I'm also a fan of Iris as well.
    Oh, I hear you Upside! Now if only I could rally up some people lol

I'm sorry guys. I forgot to bring in the artwork and stuff. So, today I went looking around and I brought some stuff back with me. I hope you guys like it.
        Spoiler:- Misty stuff:

Hi everyone, sorry for not coming here sooner but i was pretty busy lately and kinda forgot about this place. Ill try to come more often.

Glad to see Misty still has so many fans out there, especially given her long absence sadly.

@Champion Jared 14: regarding gym leader thing yeah i noticed that too. I find it interesting how Misty is only female water type gym leader so far making her stand out in a way in games and anime, and there is another fun thing i noticed. Currently out of all E4 members Nintendo introduced none of them is E4 of water types. Some could say there is Lorelei but she prevalently trains ice types, so even though it may sound crazy maybe one day Misty gets promotion in games like Koga did(her statement in GS games kinda hints she plans to leave gym).
    After Iris became champion at 12 in games makes be think how this maybe isn't so farfetched like it may seem.

While uncertain i could see her in future becoming Lorelei or Wallace apprentice in future or going on journey trying to become E4 one day bringing her close to fulfillment of her dreams.

@YokoKurama: those are all great animated screenshots from Misty, it brings up so many pleasant memories. Its been too long since we seen her. Way too long.

Not sure if this has been asked before but since we know what was starter pokemon for majority of main characters i always wandered such thing about Misty.

So, who do you think was Misty first pokemon?

From what we know when meeting Ash she already had with her Staryu, Starmie and Goldeen being trainer for quite sometime. Out of three Staryu always seemed to me like one of most plausible candidates. For start she always used it more often compared to other two being one of most trained and utilized pokemon out there. Even in her most recent appearance(Mastermind Special)she still took Staryu with her using it in battle.

Its definitely among most experienced ones too showing lot of resistance and strength, his best moment was in clash against Molly Mantine in third movie standing ground against double powered mirage pokemon. To this day i wander how that duel ended.

Not to mention Misty always showed affinity toward starfish pokemon claiming she knows how to understand their feelings and created strong bond with Staryu. We can see that on several occasions, such as battle for Totodile against Ash where she apologized to Staryu for pushing it hard with starfish showing understanding(how much his physiognomy allows) not wanting to let her down.

I could be very well wrong but judging from what i saw Staryu always gave out impression of being her first one given preference she showed at him several times .

Looking back at Misty's Fame Checker in FR/LG, that one man said that "it's believed that Misty secretly worships Lorelei"...

Lol, I thought that was definitely weird...Hopefully that was just a rumor as I can't really see Misty worshipping her, but maybe it's just great admiration she has for her.

I can't believe I didn't see your post pokemonfan. D:

Yea, I think Staryu's her first Pokemon as well. Even though I do love Starmie, she does seem to have a closer bond to Staryu than she does to Starmie. I have no idea of why the writers would write off Starmie. Maybe because they didn't like the idea of having two Pokemon from the same evolution line on a main characters party, or they wasn't ready for a full evolved Pokemon on her team yet.

So, who do you think was Misty first pokemon?
    Starmie.
    I think when we see Misty again Goldeen will be Seaking and Horsea will be Seadra

Who was Misty's first Pokemon??

Hmm, I imagined her getting her first three pokemon in an order of increasing strength. Her weakest, Goldeen, then Staryu. And then Starmie.
    Or, she could've gotten Staryu first, which would've been strong enough to help her catch a weaker pokemon like Goldeen.
    OR maybe she could've started with Starmie and it could've helped her catch the other two.

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast