Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Misty Club

Oh man I forgot about this club since I've been busy with my co-owner duties of the Dawn club and with all the recent news in the anime and stuff XD

Who was Misty's first Pokemon??
    I'm guessing it was either Staryu or Starmie, but she could have had Goldeen as her 1st Pokemon too since I think it was her first Pokemon that appeared in the show.

I would love to see Misty meet N, I think it would be interesting to see that.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Hmm, not sure if I'd want to see Misty meet N...But seeing her interact with Marlon and Cress would definitely be interesting to me.

I'd love if she would battle one of the other Water Gym Leaders. It's sucks that she has never met one beside herself. Brock met Roxanne and Roark.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I'd love if she would battle one of the other Water Gym Leaders. It's sucks that she has never met one beside herself. Brock met Roxanne and Roark.
    Yes, I seem to have forgotten that Brock was actually around long enough to meet them...Although I can't remember if he had any interesting interactions with them. With Roxanne outside of his usual anticts. I can't remember if he even had any memorable dialogue with them either...

Have any of you guys seen the scrapped Japanese movie trailer of the 1st movie with the older Misty? I heard the movie was originally gonna be the series finale, but Pokemon was so popular so they scrapped it apparently. I would have loved to see this and to see what role Misty had in it.

I wish Misty would come back....because I reeeeally like her. She's my favorite character and her charisma is just awesome.
    Seeing Ash be a ignorant and her having to explain everything would be nice to see again.. :P

~Misty

~Pokeshipping~

My fanfiction account: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2320079/Misty_Ketchum97

Hello everyone, sorry for being inactive today I just wanted to say..

Here's a fanart of mine:
        Spoiler:- Misty!:

Merry Christmas everyone! Take care everyone!

--

I wanted to see Misty come back too but I know there are little chances for her return.Still hoping to see her again or at least a mention.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Quote Originally Posted by Ashist_Wilketch View Post
    Hello everyone, sorry for being inactive today I just wanted to say..

Here's a fanart of mine:
        Spoiler:- Misty!:

Merry Christmas everyone! Take care everyone!

--

I wanted to see Misty come back too but I know there are little chances for her return.Still hoping to see her again or at least a mention.
    Merry Christmas to you too.
    I thought she would return if they did a PWT

Hello everyone! Happy Holidays and merry christmas, yaya ya

I havent been here for while but I'm still a dedicate fan of Misty. I thought I heard something that she was in Pokemon Black/White 2, and that she could return to the anime? Is there a little hope for this or is it all rumors on the rumor mill?

Quote Originally Posted by MISTYFAN4EVER8887 View Post

I havent been here for while but I'm still a dedicate fan of Misty. I thought I heard something that she was in Pokemon Black/White 2, and that she could return to the anime? Is there a little hope for this or is it all rumors on the rumor mill?
    It is possible. If the writers want to do a Senior Cup in the anime like the Pokemon World Tournament in the games, then Misty has a high chance of appearing. All we can do is wait and see if they actually do it.

Sorry everyone for long hiatus, i have been busy lately with work and other obligations kinda forgetting about this place.

Merry Christmas to everyone and Happy New Year in advance!!!

Kinda late reply but:

I know, there were so many opportunities. Having her meet Juan and learn about his elegant use of water types and how to build defense against types they are at disadvantage, Wake and his passionate attitude or Marlon would have been amazing helping her to learn new things about water types and provide some sense of continuity, link between gym leaders. Some would've thought how some of gym leaders know about each other(similar like its case in manga), but it seems writers had different priorities in their mind.

Wrongly set ones too, when taken in account how one of most plausible opportunities to include Misty in anime again looks like its going to be passed on as well. Naturally im talking about world cup which don't seem it will be getting any expansion. Which is shame because it had so much potential and having Misty travel to compete in such prestige events would only help her to rank up as trainer advancing water master career.

Every time one of previous companions could become relevant to story and gain marketing value allowing his return writers conveniently ignore, which is step in wrong direction only hurting anime reputation and causing drop of interest.

Judging by hype all time favorite return cause Misty return could bring notable boost to ratings reaching beyond target audience, add more stability and continuity in pokemon series by serving as bridge of connection between new and past sagas and improve dynamic in cast which leads to higher ratings, more coherent story and bigger following.

Quote Originally Posted by MISTYFAN4EVER8887 View Post

There exists some hope if writers do expansion of world tournament in games. I believe Misty might have chance to return than since she is in new games competing in world tournament so writers could us her to help promote games and judging by high demand for return this could bring boost to ratings too. Logically traveling to Unova or to whatever region to compete in world competitions would help her to advance her dream of becoming water master improving skills too providing valid way through which she can become important to anime again.

But i would like the most that Misty returns in cast for one more ride for at least season or two.I miss her outspoken attitude giving certain charm to series with strong presence, sad backstory having to grow in sister shadow working hard for everything she achieved and encouragement, as well moral support she provided often influencing plot with her heroic acts.

Also dedication in training water types made her stand out in way, finding her dream of becoming water master unique.
    She didn't became master, many things about her past are left unknown, she didn't came to fruition how to achieve her dreams and i feel writers left things with her kinda undefined not being set up what are her future plans and in what directions she will go.

Imo i believe Misty could help re energize current anime with colorful personality, bring more humor and give us something fresh in firm of following experienced water trainer advancing forward. I always thought trying to become water E4 like her idol Lorelei would be interesting way to take her forward.

That being said
    Does anyone here believe Misty could have chance to ever return to main cast again even if for short period?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Sorry everyone for long hiatus, i have been busy lately with work and other obligations kinda forgetting about this place.

Merry Christmas to everyone and Happy New Year in advance!!!

Kinda late reply but:

I know, there were so many opportunities. Having her meet Juan and learn about his elegant use of water types and how to build defense against types they are at disadvantage, Wake and his passionate attitude or Marlon would have been amazing helping her to learn new things about water types and provide some sense of continuity, link between gym leaders. Some would've thought how some of gym leaders know about each other(similar like its case in manga), but it seems writers had different priorities in their mind.

Wrongly set ones too, when taken in account how one of most plausible opportunities to include Misty in anime again looks like its going to be passed on as well. Naturally im talking about world cup which don't seem it will be getting any expansion. Which is shame because it had so much potential and having Misty travel to compete in such prestige events would only help her to rank up as trainer advancing water master career.

Every time one of previous companions could become relevant to story and gain marketing value allowing his return writers conveniently ignore, which is step in wrong direction only hurting anime reputation and causing drop of interest.

Judging by hype all time favorite return cause Misty return could bring notable boost to ratings reaching beyond target audience, add more stability and continuity in pokemon series by serving as bridge of connection between new and past sagas and improve dynamic in cast which leads to higher ratings, more coherent story and bigger following.

There exists some hope if writers do expansion of world tournament in games. I believe Misty might have chance to return than since she is in new games competing in world tournament so writers could us her to help promote games and judging by high demand for return this could bring boost to ratings too. Logically traveling to Unova or to whatever region to compete in world competitions would help her to advance her dream of becoming water master improving skills too providing valid way through which she can become important to anime again.

But i would like the most that Misty returns in cast for one more ride for at least season or two.I miss her outspoken attitude giving certain charm to series with strong presence, sad backstory having to grow in sister shadow working hard for everything she achieved and encouragement, as well moral support she provided often influencing plot with her heroic acts.

Also dedication in training water types made her stand out in way, finding her dream of becoming water master unique.
    She didn't became master, many things about her past are left unknown, she didn't came to fruition how to achieve her dreams and i feel writers left things with her kinda undefined not being set up what are her future plans and in what directions she will go.

Imo i believe Misty could help re energize current anime with colorful personality, bring more humor and give us something fresh in firm of following experienced water trainer advancing forward. I always thought trying to become water E4 like her idol Lorelei would be interesting way to take her forward.

That being said
    Does anyone here believe Misty could have chance to ever return to main cast again even if for short period?
    Maybe if they make another re-make of Gen 1. Hopefully she stays around for 10 episodes

I want to wish all of my fellow club members a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Been awhile i have been in here. Hopefully 2013 will be lucky year and we will finally see Misty in person. Its been way too long and its shame to see one of best females this anime ever had to be forgotten like that.

But anyway to answer my own question:

At this point only chance that Misty comes in consideration of becoming main character ever again is drastic change of current formula. Meaning that exterior factors like drop of popularity or fall in ratings make writing staff start looking for other alternatives and ideas to maintain and restore people interest.

Its no secret how current approach writers are using right now having fragmented continuity, lack of cohesive story and very little attention toward past and previous characters can't sustain itself for much longer. Anime follows same predictable formula for too long turning people away, finding itself stuck in "Circulum Vitiosus", and writers started to realize that with rating decline serving as wake up call. Hence explaining why they started to break so many patterns established in past, such as contests being removed, Ash rotating pokemon team, sidekicks getting rivals, main character catching fully evolved dragons along with being revealed they're traveling with champion from games, TR becoming competent etc, etc.

However too many new things implemented at once can easily backfire considering how in such case you cant achieve stable, continuity based cast failing in maintaining viewers interest.

Sometimes you need foundations on which you can set up predispositions to create long lasting impact on audience, develop devotedness among viewers and ensure stable ratings in longer run.
    And with reuse of older characters you can accomplish that since through continuation of their stories you make viewers start investing more into their favorites growing attached to them ensuring that they stay hooked on show to see in what new directions character will be taken and in what way things are going to end.

If anything past has taught us how writers are certainly willing to bring back older favorites if situation becomes critical. We can notice through Misty, May, Dawn or popular older pokemon like Charizard comebacks how much benefit series can receive from even shorter returns through such unexpected surprises keeping anime fresh and exciting. Let alone in longer run.

So while chance isn't very big, its not impossible that staff at some point takes in consideration revival of some of popular older characters already proving to possess appeal and required popularity to return and even exceed invested money in their revival.

Way i see it they only need slight motivation, push to dare themselves to bring back older friends for awhile to shake things up and recapture watchers interest.

And Misty could always come in consideration since she is original and iconic female being there when everything started. In almost every TV show original cast is hold in high regard being bound to get some recognition sooner or later. Likewise from story standpoint writers definitely left foundation with story on which they could pick up and do sequel, if they ever felt need to do it.

Such as expansion on water master career making further steps forward by entering competitions related to Whirl Cup. Take step forward with her pokemon building up on team through evolutions, new captures or intense work. Such as Psyduck learning how to swim and battle being plausible way to showcase her further growth as trainer . Reveal more about past and open potentially new subplots to enrich here story and do continuation(like trying top live up to idol Lorelei passing through challenges to prove her worth as trainer going on higher level).

Additionally if anything its always possible that writers reunite original trio(Ash, Misty and Brock)for last season of pokemon.
    Many people would like this to happen and having first group reunited would serve as nice throwback in past reviving spirit of older days and providing better sense of conclusion to pokemon anime because of ending it with those who started everything.
    Many other anime tend to bring back older characters when reaching end with purpose of leaving better and longer lasting impact.

So its not completely farfetched when you think about it.

Wow pokemon fan. I hadn't thought of it that way. But, I totally agree with you. I'd like if Misty were to return to the main cast no matter how long. Like when Dawn returned in Best Wishes for a couple of episodes. It would be nice if that were to happen. Adding to that, I'd like if we could even see her when Ash heads back to Kanto. Since she lives in Kanto and Cerulean City isn't that far away from Kanto, she could easily appear. But, that is if the writers want her to. There's an interview that many people know about saying that Misty would not become a main character again, but she will still make future cameos. I'd love if that would continue to happen. And as you said, they're bringing back old Pokemon such as Charizard, so if a Pokemon were to appear, I think that an old main character should as well.

You know, as a fan of Misty I'd love her to come back more than anything!!

But after seeing Dawn's cameo in BW, it got me thinking...
    As long as her potential cameo serves a purpose for her, I don't want her to just be standing around in the background doing nothing.
    I want her actively engaged in the plot, and doing some awesome battling while being there.
    Also, it would be great to have her get some interesting interaction with the characters who are the current staples/regulars at the time.

There's an interview that many people know about saying that Misty would not become a main character again, but she will still make future cameos. I'd love if that would continue to happen. And as you said, they're bringing back old Pokemon such as Charizard, so if a Pokemon were to appear, I think that an old main character should as well.
    Yeah i know about that interview. It was made on 2008 with ex pokemon director Masamitsu Hidaka. However as time goes on opinions can change over time, so if writers find bringing Misty back long term could be well invested money deciding to break mold and give her another chance to try restore show popularity they could withdrawn their initial decision.

After all they did this already once when Brock returned after Orange Islands hiatus. Either way at least i can see Misty making appearance, and after ridiculously long absence i would like to see her comeback for at least 8 to 10 episode arc like, for some water tournament and play role regarding some new water types helping to promote them.

That way we could see her battle, inject some fun dynamic within cast with her personality etc. Meeting some prestigious water expert like Wallace would be nice twist as well helping her to advance story.

@Champion Jared 14: To be fair as far as Dawn goes, that's unfortunate weakness surrounding her character with dependance on contests making job all that much complicated for writers to create plausible way to justify her journey to Unova. Bringing coordinator in distant region which has no contests was already task in itself.

With Misty its less complicated to plan her return since there doesn't exist any limitations not depending on game quest, making easier for writers to fit her within current story and gain something out of it. If writers for example returned her there instead of Dawn than yes we could had expect more being done about character story, considering how entering strong competitions and battling trainers goes in correlation of her goal of becoming water master offering way to learn and improve. Not to mention she and Iris have touchable points between their stories.

But with Dawn you couldn't expect character progressing its career, when Junior Cup didn't had anything to do with contests.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 21st January 2013 at 12:28 PM.

I doubt she'll ever return to the main cast, even if it was for a short period. With that said however, she does have a slight chance, just like all the other past characters to make a cameo and possibly have like a 9 episode Dawn type of cameo, though I still think that is doubtful with how the writers have written this show.

Well, I hope their mind will be changed soon. But, I'd settle for something like a tournament. It would be nice if we had a World Tournament Senior Cup in the anime. We might just have one during Episode N, I doubt they'll be chasing Plasma the entire time. So there will be most likely so time to relax and have some fun.

I think one thing is certain; the writers definitely need to change their approach at some point. In all aspects of Pokemon, demand is generated not only through new and fresh Pokemon, but maintained through existing fan favorites. In the games you can build any kids of team and the options only become more diverse as generations pass. Same with the TCG. That's Pokemon's engine in a nutshell; keeping fans hooked so long has led Pokemon to long-term success. The anime should be no different; it needs to measure up to the same standards as the rest of the franchise.

I'm not one to outright say the anime is bad, but its creators need to really ask themselves if its doing its job, not just to stay competitive in tv, but also be at the same level as everything else Pokemon. In order to do this, they may very well decide to take past creations such as Pokemon from existing regions, Misty, Brock etc and rework them so that they serve a purpose once again. One of the major strengths of the anime is not only building relationships between characters, human and Pokemon alike, but showcasing the value of those relationships. And the most effective way to do that is with friends who are very close, who know each other's strengths and weaknesses, and can help each other grow.

Because of that, I not only believe Misty has a valid reason to return, but a valid reason to stay for a long period. For the fans, for herself, and for our hero Ash. The ball is now in the writers court and they need to decide for themselves if its the right direction.
    Last edited by Bluelatios*; 21st January 2013 at 7:20 PM.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

Is it alright if I join? Misty is actually my favorite female companion of Ash so far.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Is it alright if I join? Misty is actually my favorite female companion of Ash so far.
    Yes, welcome to the club! Glad to have you.

I would like to join the club of The Tomboyish Mermaid too. I liked her in all of her appearances, even Johto.
    ~marioluigifan05

Can i join this club. misty is my most favourite character ever.

I actually did not know I was supposed to ask permission to join this club (O.o) but one of my friends told me, so....can I join?

~Misty

~Pokeshipping~

My fanfiction account: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2320079/Misty_Ketchum97

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast