Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Misty Club

Hi, everyone! I don't believe I've joined this Misty club, but I have joined Misty clubs in the past when I was more active on this forum. I hope it's ok to join here! I do have some Misty news to share from time to time. Misty is still one of my favorite characters, and I'd love it if she appeared again some time soon.

I wanted to tell you guys that even though Misty isn't in the anime currently, her seiyuu/voice actress, Mayumi Iizuka, is doing other Pokemon promotional activities. She and Junichi Masuda partnered up for a radio show focusing on Pokemon a little while back, but are now doing a fundraiser together at the Pokemon Center in Tokyo tomorrow. Just thought you guys would like to know that Misty isn't forgotten by any means in Japan (or by the Pokemon staff), even though it can seem like it at times.

As for the lure, it would be a nice surprise for it to show up, but I won't count on it.

Hi Chelsea(Chelc), you are more than accepted to be part of this place. Welcome to the 5th Misty club (if im not mistaken its 5th i think). Glad to see that you decided to join again, like they say say more the merrier.

So Mayumi Iizuka continues to promote pokemon even though she isn't playing any role in anime media currently? Well its encouraging to hear at very least that Misty is still remembered and liked by pokemon staff.

Even though it doesn't seem that way from writers given how Misty hasn't received any follow up and in person return for last 8 years, leaving lot of potential for further develoipment unexplored and unfinished story in many areas (goal of mastering water types and no defined direction in which further progress is made being one of things).

Mayumi posess great qualities as voice actor with her dedication and support she provides for Misty letting her fans know whenever something new pops up reveals that she still cares for character she voiced making sure to not end forgotten. I always liked how she managed to perfectly catch Misty emotions, girly manneurisms and fiery, sarcastic nature in natural, unforced way. Mayumi Iizuka in Japanese is what Rachael Lillis was for Misty in English imo.

I still have some hopes that Misty will return in Kalos region., It has more than enough good reasons to return and it would be really cool for her to meet E4 Siebald testing her strength and expertize in using water pokemon, offer to be taken as his as student teaching how to master use of water pokemon or enter tournament(follow up from Whirl Cup maybe?) to develop more innovative strategies and show her knowledge and skills to other experts becoming recognized for her talent.

At very least writers could make Misty become recurring character if they dont want to bring her back to main cast or create any new cronicles(which sadly they dont seem to want).

Going on journey to advance her water master career sharping skills and battling stronger trainers; go on quest of ranking up from gym position in becoming E4 member catching up to her idol Lorelei (at very least becoming their apprentice would be cool making big step forward in becoming strongest water trainer with E4 being actually top mono trainers in world); try to meet legendary pokemon discovering true strength and coming to cognition of understanding their needs and feelings on closest level than ever before becoming synchronized(expected from masters as said by sea priestess Maya from Johto) which was one of things she dreamed of doing often when being in cast etrc.

All of this adds for quality and new, fresh direction to expand on Misty story and character development bringing more depth to it.

I mean it would be great to see her from time to time bumping in Ash and his new friends adding extra flavour to group dynamics with her tomboyish, quirky personality,. Show new pokemon she obtained, enter tournaments which would help her to become stronger trainer and push her forward(maybe even facing Ash reviving that competitive flare and certain rivalry they used to always had in outplaying each other). Help battle villains and provide look in her own life and what things changed currently strengthening continuity and making plot more exciting.

With recurring type of role offering so many ways to make Misty relevant to pokemon anime again, make many people happy increasing ratings and bring more realism, identity to pokemon series by letting people know better about anime history and events which helped shape Ash in character he is nowadays.

I have no doubt that new generations of fans if given chance to know better original pokemon female could grow to like her just like we older fans did.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelc View Post
    Hi, everyone! I don't believe I've joined this Misty club, but I have joined Misty clubs in the past when I was more active on this forum. I hope it's ok to join here! I do have some Misty news to share from time to time. Misty is still one of my favorite characters, and I'd love it if she appeared again some time soon.

I wanted to tell you guys that even though Misty isn't in the anime currently, her seiyuu/voice actress, Mayumi Iizuka, is doing other Pokemon promotional activities. She and Junichi Masuda partnered up for a radio show focusing on Pokemon a little while back, but are now doing a fundraiser together at the Pokemon Center in Tokyo tomorrow. Just thought you guys would like to know that Misty isn't forgotten by any means in Japan (or by the Pokemon staff), even though it can seem like it at times.

As for the lure, it would be a nice surprise for it to show up, but I won't count on it.
    I seriously hope she returns. It's nice that she still supports the show after they just kicked her off. I think this would be a sign that she's opened to a Misty role anytime soon. Now, we just need to get Misty back. I agree, the Kalos region is filled with opportunities for Misty to make a cameo. So, why not?
    ☠Two street thug sisters and Death The Kid☠

Thanks for the welcome!

Here are some links to pictures/blog post from/about the event. I think the event went really well!
    http://photozou.jp/photo/show/2340184/199357345
    http://photozou.jp/photo/show/2340184/199375539
    http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/mayumi_blog/64219601.html

Mayumi seems like a great person, and definitely talented, but I guess I can never get used to Misty's voice in the Japanese version. It's probably because I am so used to the English dub voices. It's too bad they won't release the original version of previous seasons on DVD/blu-ray subbed, or even put it on Netflix or Hulu or something.

I don't want to bash XY or anything, but sadly, I find the current group of Ash and co. extremely boring together. I think Misty would help liven things up if she were to make an appearance. Misty and Ash are always fun together - plus, when was the last time we really saw them interact with each other? In the last episodes she appeared, I was pretty disappointed with how she was pushed into the background and ignored until the end where she interacted with Max. I honestly hate those episodes because of that, lol. I know they had a lot to do in them, though, in regards to Ash and May, but still. The Max bonding was interesting, but I would have rather had her do something else. So, I'd really like to see Ash and Misty interact like old times again, at least just once. I think they've both changed a lot, and it would be nice to see how they interact as the people they are now as well.

I think she would also get along well with Clemont and Bonnie. She and Clemont could bond over the hardships of being a gym leader. With Bonnie, she could tell her about Togepi and Azurill, since Dedenne is kind of like her own Togepi in a way.

I don't think Serena and Misty would have a hard time getting along like many people to seem think. They actually have a big thing in common, that being their feelings for Ash. I think Misty would notice Serena's feelings for Ash right away, but I don't think she would react in a threatened way like she did before, but in a way that is more empathetic. Misty herself sort of lost herself in her journey with Ash and for the most part, set her own goal to the side to help him become a better trainer instead. Plus, she had to leave his side to fulfill her duty as a gym leader, which was a really scary thing for her. I think she could not only help Serena find a goal, but teach her about striving for something on her own without Ash, since this is something she has actually been through herself. Maybe it would be fun to have a shoujo-esque love triangle, but I think this would be more interesting (and more realistic for Pokemon, I think) to see. I actually think this would be her biggest reason for appearing in XY, as I don't think she has had much in common with a character since Max.

Too bad I don't think this will ever happen. Oh well. Maybe I will be proven wrong, and Misty will appear in Kalos. Hey, she could advertise the Mega Gyrados at the same time while doing all of these things, right?

Mayumi just, right now, tweeted about pokemon. I love how after a long time, she's still supporting the show. Such a great person. I think she contributed a lot to misty. She deserves to be back on the show. Kasumi for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    I seriously hope she returns. It's nice that she still supports the show after they just kicked her off. I think this would be a sign that she's opened to a Misty role anytime soon. Now, we just need to get Misty back. I agree, the Kalos region is filled with opportunities for Misty to make a cameo. So, why not?
    Add to that battle against Ash to measure how much both improved in meantime reviving that brash, playful rivalry those two often had, and it would make for perfect return.

To Chelc: Thank you for those pictures. They all look very interesting and Mayumi collaboration with Junichi Masuda gives me tiny ray of hope of Misty VA still having chance to be called at some point to borrow voice to this character again. I can definitely understand why you would be able to relate yourself more to English voice of Misty character sounding fitting and spontaneous for her multidimensional characterization. Because Rachael Lillis truly did excellent job. But after starting to watch more episodes in original raw version Mayumi left impression on me in way she managed to catch Misty emotions, flare and romantic/girly side in rather cute, rebellious type of way.

Both are great voice actors, but if you watch and hear character in particular tone for long time becoming used to certain adaptation it can become hard and awkward to get used to different one.

About Misty last cameo appearance i can understand your disappointment because me too would have wanted that she battled, was used for something more propductive and had opportunity to interact more with characters like Ash or May. I also wished Misty stayed for longer in her second appearance because she functioned so well as 5th companion bringing more life and humor to group interactions. It would been amazing if Misty continued traveling with Ash and co for few more episodes(even whole Battle Frontier making it seem more authentic to region Ash traveled through for first time since she lives and originated from there) . This would've opened chance to explore more on dynamic with May and Max, expand on her water master goal making further progress traveling by entering tournaments(maybe even going in direction of Seafom islands to meet powerful water expert training under its custody) showcasing her experience and bigger strength in selfreliantness when taking charge mixed with fiery, sarcastic and gurly side of hers con taining myriad of various sides and rebellious attitude with Misty herself enjoying in Ash and others company(in fact whole reason she came to Pallet was to surprise Ash and see him again).

Lookingt back it wasn't just Misty though, in Pallet reunion others like Ash, May and Max didn't received much focus either. Pallet reunion in writers mind was likely written as simply landing for Ash and co to reorganize and prepare for next adventure. And to have all of Ash companions reunite together at Pallet again. If writers weren't so focued on preparing Ash and May for next journey with starters and such im sure there would be more memorable scenes and interacting going between them. Still liked when Misty paired with Tracey to battle TR, talked with Max in lab about starters being like hia older sister or joked with Ash about his skill as trainer in lighthearted way about demanor of trainer determining personality of his pokemon.
    Or having sweet moments with May feeling all embarassed and blushing like pepper when they got tricked of appearing in TV together worrying of not being prepared for it(we needed more sharing moments between those two).

Although episode with Max bonding still featured her as prominent character. I remember how Brock emphasized on how resourceful and selfsufficient Misty is telling Ash not to worry about her and Max. How she took charge in taking care of Pikachu, knew where to find food and how to shelter from danger like storm , though her irrational and panic fears also brought them into one when running from Beedrill lol. Bonding moment in cave was also very touching serving as way to reassure Max how his sister only mean good for him, but also to reveal how Misty herself still has unfinished business in damaged relationship with sisters as evidenced when talking to Max of wishing that they for once understand her not being able to stand up for herself when they are in question
    being upset and frustrated over Daisy constantly rushing her back home through whole episode. When she rather wanted to stay with group for longer.

I would definitely like to see Misty meet Ash again reviving that competitive fire between themselves, bickering sometime getting on each other nerves, ,lively interactions and sarcastic remarks in trying to outplay themselves which was always present between them with Misty acting in abit overconfident flirty way around him even in cameos or unbounding moral support and admiration burning between them. Acting from what was showed in AG like two old time friends which know themselves alot being familiar with their weak and strong points. Which is one of reasons why i enjoyed in their interactions during moments they talked to each other in Hoenn.

Misty acted there like more grown up and independent character knowing how to take care of things on her own and not back down to challenge, while still having her quirks being quirky and tomboyish losing composure in front of bugs or becoming irritated by Brock hormones when going out of control (that ear pulls dragging him from princes Sarah were priceless), playfully teased Ash about his skills and resoucefulness with his carefree rude behavior managing to push her buttons even to this day(as evidenced when being annoyed when pulling him by collar becoming irritated or bragging of in who is better trainer(in Togepi cameo or when meeting again in Mastermind special). But most of all remained very strong friend watching his performance in Hoenn league through TV, decided to do sursprise visit ast Pallet town when hearing he is coming back home or sending lure by prof. Oak to motivate him for challenge vs Pyramid king Brandon.

Though i have to admit interaction with Daisy and Tracey were very dynamic too with sisters leaving some influence on Misty becoming little bit more outgoing while still agitating and being driven crazy yelling at Daisy when irritated by her vain persona or subtly coming up wit sassy remarks about her overreactions.

While remaining strong willed having attitude when arguing or exploding losing temper when provoked by others like colonel Hanson, Psyduck(especially when he figured out that she was hiding something when rejecting date with Georgio) which casted fresh, interesting light on character in more mature, yet stil in some ways immature aspects .

Meeting Bonnie would be hilarious, i could see her proposiong Misty to be Clemont wife lol causing Misty to get embarassed and flustered. Though meeting Serena and how would they interact would be amazing too (i mean they are very opposite and who knows how would reticent and calm type like Serena work with someone more hotheaded, vivid and strongwilled like Misty who is a lot more assertive taking charge in doing things). Shippers are also interested in fact of Serena having crush on Ash , something Misty appeared to have too,

Granted i dont think Misty would overreact on first ball either after noticing that Serena harbors something for Ash character. Being more mature and better at selfcontrolling herself. But based on past and how affectionate Misty used to be i wouldnt be surprised if she in that case showed small signs of jealousy and disappointment trying to hide inner struggling and slight frustration inside herself leading to possible conflict later on in more subtle way(mostly because of Serena passiveness and tendency to not take initiative making MIsty angered and irked abit). With initial misunderstanding growing in sympath from Misty side knowing how its like to feel something toward someone. Developing strong friendship with Serena and helping her in learning how to stand up for herself, be more selfsufficient and develop desire to find career which truly fulfills her as person leaning to invest her time, effort and skills. Though her passiveness and tendency to not be part of action might anger or irk Misty abit because regardless of maturing Misty is type of person which can be somewhat impulsive and impatient not tolerating selfpity and submissive attitude because of her more proactive nature.

Not to mention seeing girls not getting along on first try with there existing slight tension would only orovide more enjopyable and different interaction for change imo. And arguably form foundation for stronger, more everleasting friendship because of both having to overcome their initial misunderstanding discovering common things which would make them bond to each other.

On side note:
        Spoiler:- return:
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 13th March 2014 at 12:57 PM.

I always find it pretty cute that Misty was the PokeGirl that Pikachu seemed to like the most and be connected to the most. It was always a nice dynamic, back when Pikachu had a more dynamic personality they always seem to have their cute moments.
    OTP: NaruSaku,IchiRuki, NaLu, LuNa, EdWin, SatoKasu

I would arguably say that Pikachu and Misty had the strongest bond with the girls too. I mean, Pikachu didn't want to even battle Misty either. He almost costed Ash a gym badge. There's like a huge list for more reasons also.

I wish Misty got her own theme song in the Japanese version. I don’t really count Lapras ni Notte since it’s not really about her. I think it would have been nice to see her get her own song. Mayumi Iizuka would obviously sing it lol.
    OTP: NaruSaku,IchiRuki, NaLu, LuNa, EdWin, SatoKasu

Speaking of Mayumi Iizuka, she recently tweeted about Misty. It's not about her coming back or anything, but she talked about how her niece likes to take baths with toys, and the toys were Misty and water pokemon! I thought it was pretty neat how her young niece could experience Misty bite sized haha

Speaking of Mayumi Iizuka, she recently tweeted about Misty. It's not about her coming back or anything, but she talked about how her niece likes to take baths with toys, and the toys were Misty and water pokemon! I thought it was pretty neat how her young niece could experience Misty bite sized haha
    Sounds cute lol.
    If Misty got her own theme, I would love to see it be used for one of the anime's endings. Both May's and Dawn's themes were used for endings and they were great, and I would have liked to see one for Misty too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    I wish Misty got her own theme song in the Japanese version. I don’t really count Lapras ni Notte since it’s not really about her. I think it would have been nice to see her get her own song. Mayumi Iizuka would obviously sing it lol.
    Same here. "Lapras ni Notte" granted was sung by Misty VA Mayumi, but it was more official pokemon ending. Rather than theme dedicated to Misty character and her dreams, personality and interests.

I mean May got her "I wont Lose" theme, Dawn got "By Your Side", Iris had her champion theme(correct me if im wrong), even Brock got one "Takeshi Paradise", So its abit disappointing and sad that original female of pokemon which helped started pokemon anime and pave way for future generations to come never got her on theme song dedicated as respect and acknowledged to importance and appeal she brought to anime.

Although to be fair May didn't got her own theme song until end of Battle Frontier either, revealing how in OS and in majority of Hoenn idea of giving main pokemon girls their own theme song hasnt been even occured to writer staff yet.

And by time they started practicing this Misty already left cast unfortunately.

What would be really amazing though is if pokemon staff brought Misty back for some longer appearance in person(like for 8 to 10 episodes) being involved as one of competitors for some huge water tournament organized by other experts(maybe E4 of water pokemon Siebald?)to advance her career of becoming water pokemon master utilizing skills and pokemon withh background music used for battles in tournament being dedicated to Misty character. As redemption and acknowledgment to value and impact Misty as whole left on franchise and pokemon fandom.

I think song fitting for Misty could involve some sort of water subjects, revolved around water pokemon and her passion for them, dedication and desire to become renowned water expert one day. Reflecting adequatelly title of "tomboyish mermaiuf" who has fiery, adventurous attitude, likes swimming, oceans and all kind oif creatures living in them being her niche, way of living.

Thus singing about this.

p.s. Thank you Pokeshipper9000 for those interesting news. It may not mean much as far as chances of Misty coming back goes, but its cute to heare how her Japanese VA niece likes to play with Misty toys. Getting familiarized with first pokemon girl in some way haha.

I definitely think there exist very good chance of good number of today kids hearing or finding out about Misty in one way or another. More than we might think . Thanks to interenet, reruns of older series on Boomerang, Cartoon Network, Get TV(channel in Japan), Hearing about her from older relatives or at very least through games(so far in every new gewnerations first gen gym leadees like MIsty and Brock were present in one or another way through remakes or new games like BW2), openings, flashbacks featuring her giving them basic image of who she might be.

Possibly sparking their interest to inform themselves more about her.

Unfortunately, Boomerang stopped airing OS and skipped AG and went to BF for an unknown reason, but there is still Cartoon Network, and that's how my young brothers and sisters from the DP Generation know's about Misty from. It makes me happy that they watch OS on my mothers youtube account, and prefer that more then anything. Also, their favorite Pokegirl is Misty. I hope that other people (they don't have to like Misty) but, younger other people at least knows who Misty is and what impact she gave on the show.
    Just like Mayumi did with her niece.

I....I had no idea this club existed. I...think I might fit in.

I love Misty. I was nine I think when Pokemon came out, like the majority of you, I grew up with it. Even as a kid I had a little crush on her and I thought it was weird to become..semi attached to a fictitious character. I loved her voice...her personality, her passions, her humor, her looks...just about everything.

It didn't dawn on me why until years later when I started paying attention to Pokemon again after a very long break of forgetting about it entirely. I decided to see what has changed. I was SHOCKED to see Ash had traveled with different girls and Misty had been forgotten! I; however, gave them a chance.

It was then that I realized, (yes I'm sure nostalgia has a bit to do with it) that the chemistry between the characters...was...off. It felt forced. It felt fake. Something was missing...but what? Ah! That's it, I thought! Misty! The bickering! The backstory...the bike...the POKESHIPPING...the beautiful, caring, FIESTY redhead was, undeniably a huge factor in the success of the original series. Would the other characters have made Pokemon what it is today if they were there in 98 in place of Misty? I'll admit I don't know but I can also tell you my honest opinion: the chemistry between Misty, Ash, and Brock is one of a kind -- it will never be replaced.

Ash seemed closer to Misty than he was with Brock, and even my nine year old brain could tell there were feelings there between them. As I turned off the tv, I knew the golden age had left us. I wanted Misty back. I wanted her presence back in Ash's life.

I still do.

I hope the younger kids today visit the OS and OI and get to witness that magic. I just hope she's not forgotten. I hope the writers know...the characters they wrote had a PROFOUND effect on a lot of young lives, and she is one of them.

Also I must say, Rachael Lillis did an outstanding job with Misty. That voice! <3
    Last edited by Jfloydian; 3rd April 2014 at 6:35 AM. Reason: One dang typo
    Ash+Misty Forever!

To Jfloydian: Hi, i can see from your post that you really like Misty appreciate importance she played in pokemon anime as whole.

After such detailed and sincere insight in to why you like MIsty anything more would be suffice to day. Welcpome to the club, hope you will have great time in here.

About Misty i can definitely understand what you mean. I rewatched older sagas last year and i can without doubt say how there is much more to her character than just nostalgia.
    She had very strong and independent character, personality, unique dreams of striving to become best while using one type(aka becoming water pokemon master and top water expert which very few people managed to do in world like Wallace, E4 Siebold and E4 Lorelei) always standing up for the weak and trying to help people out.

She was fiery, spunky and strong willed but she also had sweet and feminine side having girly aspect to her being passionate about several hobbies,which added to character substance while having sad backstory having to grow up in shadow of selfish sisters and prove herself to everyone making her easy to relate character. Adding to pokemon certain appeal and flamboyant dynamic which got lost ever since she left cast.

Hopefully writers will realize how popular and loved around the world she is acknowledging Misty importance, unfinished plots of her story and potential. Becoming prompted in continuing on with interesting story and some really eventful character growth she experienced in past using it as foundation on which future growth and adventures could be made.

Kalos series has several plausible and interesting ways to have Misty play prominent role again as brought by others in this thread. Very interesting and good reasons ithrough whiuch her story could be incorporated within main plot influencing it, while receiving development herself as well lifting up group dynamic with her flirty, feisty and passionate character. Lets just hope those ideas wont just stay on wishful thinking.

p.s. Just a small correction. OS(original series) are term used to name all 5 seasons representing Kanto, Orange Islands and Johto. Instead of just one of those regions.

Thanks Pokemon fan 132 and you're right!

Here are some awesome pictures of our favorite girl I recently dug up again. Thought I would share.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/phot...76-640-480.jpg

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/phot...97-745-344.jpg

What, to you, makes Misty such a special character/girl?
    Ash+Misty Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jfloydian View Post
    Thanks Pokemon fan 132 and you're right!

Here are some awesome pictures of our favorite girl I recently dug up again. Thought I would share.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/phot...76-640-480.jpg

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/phot...97-745-344.jpg

I love that picture of Misty! That used to be my skype profile picture lol. She's so cute there. I loved that episode, focusing on Misty and her golduck. Well, it wasn't hers but wasn't it funny on how she thought that her psyduck evolved?

It's adorable!!!! As a guy it makes me jealous she isn't hugging me like that...as pathetic as it may seem.

In the pokeshipping thread a question came up about why you like Misty and among the many reasons, I included motherly and affectionate as proven in the above gif.
    Ash+Misty Forever!

I'm just going to say a more Misty orientated answer, because it's about her, and only her
    I love how she's spunky, spontaneous, flamboyant, motherly, short tempored, and a tomboy. She has an outgoing personality and I think that she changed the anime, well impacted it in such a positive way.

Yes yes yes! Misty is such a cutie. You can tell she would be a great mother too. I think she's a perfect mix of girly and tomboyish, and a great role model.

One word could never describe her but spunky is definitely up there.
    Ash+Misty Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jfloydian View Post
    Yes yes yes! Misty is such a cutie. You can tell she would be a great mother too. I think she's a perfect mix of girly and tomboyish, and a great role model.

One word could never describe her but spunky is definitely up there.
    I'd also like to add energetic and fiery to that lol. I really like it when she's stubborn at times and I love her short temper quirk and her fear of bugs, it's hilarious when she gets mad or freaks out. Too bad those things seemed to start disappearing during Johto and her appearances in Hoenn and in Chronicles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

What I like about Misty is that she's so passionate and how that translates to everything she does. She's not one to give in easily and that is pretty inspiring imo.

Thanks Jfloydian for those wonderful pictures, They bring back lot of great memories from our favorite redhead.

That episode "Bye Bye Psyduck" was one of best moments Misty had in entire show in my opinion. When i watched it for first time i admit i was fooled as well starting to think that maybe her Psyduck really had evolved lol. Evewn though i like Psyduck and his dumb, clueless nature producing lot of humor, ingenious ninteractions and clash when getting on Misty nerves developing love-hate relationship, i kinda wished she got Golduck. Because it seemed so cool and powerful. Not to mention even as Golduck her pokemon could still keep his dimwitted nature but being more competent too.

Well i liked how she wasn't typical tomboy nor girly girl with there existing happy medium having several sides which clashed with each other, her strong willingness to do what she finds right being outspoken , how she was fierce and passionate while also sensitive and receptive bringing personal struggle to character making her realistic.

And aside from her rough, hotheaded side also contained that sensitive, tender dimension to her personality appreciating romance and love, fondness for cute things and shy, insecure approach having trouble in expressing what she feels toward something provided extra flavor to personality being more engaging to follow.

Misty was such unique and strong character with lot of passion. Truly one of a kind in pokemon anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    I'd also like to add energetic and fiery to that lol. I really like it when she's stubborn at times and I love her short temper quirk and her fear of bugs, it's hilarious when she gets mad or freaks out. Too bad those things seemed to start disappearing during Johto and her appearances in Hoenn and in Chronicles.
    I didn't viewed that as negative thing myself though. Misty started to mature and grow up as person making it feel like her traveling with Ash and Brock, various traners and friends she acquired on joirney(such as Sakura herself for example), obstacles she had to face with and overcome(like Gyarados trauma, big tournaments like Whirl Cup, complex of feeling inferior to sisters)accompanied with developing bigger independence discovering her own qualities as character had left positive influence on Misty character.

She was still stubborn, temperament and full of enthusiasm in Johto and afterwards in chronicles and Hoenn appearances. Granted in Johto she was at times neglected, though that was fixed in Master Quest when Whirl Island started but onwards as well being involved in several plots(be it Politoad evolution, saving Brock from Ninetales, helping Tammy about cheerleading or bickering with that hotheaded Egan from Macargo episode).
    I liked how writers portrayed Misty in more experienced light reflecting how much she grew from small impatient girl to more responsible and independent character over the years. In Johto we saw her being full of energy inreracting with mny characters like Sakura, Egan, Dorian etc and her friendship with Ash and Brock grew significantly too with reactions in Gotta Catch Ya Later saying everything, not being anymore that impulsive girl which just wanted bike back viewing them as "new family". Interacting with Ash in that region was of more lighthearted nature teasing him and getting annoyed in more friendly way(though sometimes she was still ready to bite head of) as well helping Brock about problems like romance issues. One of examples comes from "Heartbreak of Brock" being annoyed of not doing first step forward in approaching Temaku. Especially endearing moment came from "Just Waiting on a friend" near Johto end when Ninetales hypnoitized Brock. Misty panicky tried to slap him out of trans, kicked him, stretched cheeks and was completely nervous trying to find solution searching through books.

Erupting over others like Andreas (champion of Fishing contest), when being teased aboiut horoscope portraying here as Gyarados, arguing with James and meowth or making fun of Jessie "old age". Gettzing into clash with them or Meowth(one of most memorable moments was for me when she grabbed Meowth by neck almost choking him and using as fishing bait in that episode about Slowpoke temple and people searching for enlightment). With Misty bursting with fire, curious nature trying to catch various pokemon like Chinchou, Teddiursa, Wooper etc, or being adamant of helping others who had love problems like Jenaro and Ariene from Silver island.

Lot of sarcastic, strongwiulled nature ribbing Ash about his appetite, tendency to get them lost or when he got cocky underestimating others(like that grass trainer from tournament with Skiplum)or Brock when his hormones went wild coming up with witty jokes, determination in push things forward and do what she views right accompanied with lot of passion and daring nature not backing down to challenge.

Feeling adventurous, spunky and energetic but at same time giving out feeling of growing up as person,.

Later on in specials after departure being portrayed in light of much more confident and independent, real badass in battling(especially when shocking everyone with that Gyarados)while showing lot of that sassy, defiant attitude being tough and taking things on her own when scolding Daisy which got on her nerves coming up with sarcastic replies or taking care of Max. Keeping Brock in check by oulling him by ear with Max being impressed to point of starting to copy hger and being mad, slightly annoyed by Ash rude, impatient behavior during Hoenn visit getting on her nerves or exploding at colonbel Hanson going in almost frenzy state. Along with more of her feminine charm and playful, quirky side when asked for date(like Georgio), going crazy over bugs and embarassing herself with Psyduck bringing herself in trouble due to being at times impatient.

And personally i welcomed that from Misty. With chronicles and Hoenn showing best imo perfect balance between Misty becoming more levelheaded and mature as character while keeping her flare, abrasive and tough aspect of character.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 17th April 2014 at 9:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    THIS. I agree, during Johoto, Hoso, and Hoenn, Kanto Misty was dissapearing and she seemed to be more mature, less tempored, and her fear of bugs slipped away except I liked how May was confused when Misty freaked out infront of those bug types. But yeah, she rarely was angry like the ol days, and I miss her psyduck appearing in hoenn

THIS. I agree, during Johoto, Hoso, and Hoenn, Kanto Misty was dissapearing and she seemed to be more mature, less tempored, and her fear of bugs slipped away except I liked how May was confused when Misty freaked out infront of those bug types. But yeah, she rarely was angry like the ol days, and I miss her psyduck appearing in hoenn
    I guess reason why her Psyduck didn't showed up during Hoenn cameos was because it would possibly detract away from main plot focused around Togepi and its evolution, while in Pallet reunion its possuble that only pokemon Misty had with her was Azurill(judging by how she only used him when battling Jessie, James abnd Meowth).

Personally i wasn't much bothered with Psyduck absence because in chronicles in pretty much every episode focused on Misty we saw that lovable duck getting on Misty nerves making her agitated or showing her efforts in trying to teach him to be more competent(with not much success though).

About bugs dunno, she never stopped being scared of bugs. I recall several times in Johto Misty being freaked out by Ariados, Spinarak, Beedrill, Kakuna etc., She only wasn't scared of bug pokemon she found cute or didn't considered creepy and ugly like Ledyba, Heracross, Ledian etc.

But that was situation in Kanto, Orange islands too never being freaked out by bugs like Butterfree or Tracey Venonat. In most cases Misty only hated bugs which are crawly, have tiny legs or look like arachnids.

Either way it was hilarious to see when she shivered being all freaked out by that Ninjask and Shedinja from colonel Hanson, or when she was scared out of her mind lol whe she and Max run into Beedrill swarm falling of the cliff in her second appearance.

In Johto, Hoenn and chronicles to me Misty seemed for mnost part like she was in Kanto. Bursting with lot of passion , enthusiasm, appreciation for romance, sassy behavior coming with various jokes, along with defiant, strongwilled attitude not letting others to give up and be submissive and lot of unselfish, caring side. Main and only big difference was that she was less violent portraying her spunk, abrasiveness and passion in more grown up way. Though she still was able to explode and erupt at others, being rude and full of fire.

Just not over every small detail like she used to in her earlieast days revealing that she developed and grew as character a lot with Ash, Brock and several other people helping her to get over her doubts and become stronger as person. Leaving influence on her just as much as she left influence on them in my opinion.

Since talk about Misty characterization seem to be pretty hot right now, this gave me idea for new topic.

Ill give my proper answer later on.

Did maturity made Misty to you worse or better as character, and why?
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 18th April 2014 at 4:23 PM.

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast