Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Misty Club

I've said this before, but I've found this thread, and now I can discuss this without being chastised. I think Misty deserves her own spinoff. If she got a spinoff, what would you want her goal to be, if she were to have a set of companions who would be in it
    Last edited by Jackinthebox; 1st July 2014 at 3:26 AM. Reason: Occasionally, my thoughts don't make it to the keyboard in entirety
    Top Five Favorite Beatles tunes(in no particular order because they're all awesome and the mere premise of this list is ridiculous)
    All My Loving
    Hey Jude
    Let It Be
    In My Life
    Yesterday

Misty is awesome; have whatever opinion you please, but I will not entertain otherwise.
    Friend me! 0903-3444-0171

Well I dunno about Misty having her own spinoff series, I would like to have a series though where Dawn is the main character while Misty is one of the companions. I could see Dawn still doing contests while Misty participated in tournaments for water type Pokemon and maybe battle some of the water type elite 4 members. If I was to set it up with 3 characters in the group it would be Dawn, Misty as the co-star, and Cilan.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I'm totally for a Misty Spinoff series! (Even if it was a short spinoff like Pokemon Origins, it would be freaking fantastic see that she hasn't just been left in the dust!

In fact, I would love to work on a series myself! I've done some animation in my time and I would totally be willing to spend a lot of time developing my own fan made spinoff for her character! There is so much that can be done with her! She has an amazing team of pokemon after all, and with all the time she has spent in the gym she has got to be a pretty epic battler by now.

(I'll post detail on my idea there later on)

I think that, if she isn't returning to the show, she definitely DESERVES acknowledgement through a spinoff or movie. I would love to see her take on the Indigo League herself, fight the Elite Four, and finally earn the Water Pokemon Master title. She and Ash always had the same dream of becoming a master, so it's quite unfair that we get to continue watching Ash pursue his dream while we get no look into Misty's!

Would it be ok to talk more about Misty here? A discussion about her started on a different topic that got off hand and closed. There are some interesting discussions about whether or not Misty really lost her personality down the road, or if she became as strong a character as ever!
    Last edited by Sweet May; 2nd July 2014 at 7:11 PM. Reason: Please do not double post. First and final warning.
    Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?

Why do we even watch Pokemon anymore

It's funny you guys mention a spinoff series for Misty. I was thinking about that a couple days ago. During the seasons Misty was on the main cast in the anime, the Magical Pokemon Journey manga series was running in Ciao which is a shoujo/girls manga magazine. While I love Magical Pokemon Journey, I wonder if anyone else would have loved to see a manga series focusing on Misty back then instead. She was really the only character before Crystal/Kris? to represent girls in Pokemon at the time. It could have been great for the female Pokemon fans and it would have given Misty more focus than they could during the show. I really wonder why they didn't use Misty as a protagonist for a Pokemon shoujo manga (since she was in all the other manga series)...they could have even made one based off her new gym leader life in Cerulean City after they stopped airing Chronicles. Maybe it wouldn't have been animated, but I feel like it would have been great for the fans who want to see her again.

I think it would be great to see her in a spinoff series with the other girls as well. It would be cool to see them all striving for their own dreams in a series together as friends.

I wouldn't say Misty lost her personality in Johto, but the writers did make a lot of mistakes with her. I feel like they didn't get the memo that they had to write her off at the end of the series, thus the rushed wrapping-up of her character. Togepi was helping her mature a bit but she wasn't ready to go off and be a gym leader, imo. In general, I feel that she could have been handled a lot better if she were able to stay at least another season. It wasn't the right time for her to go but they had to make the best decisions they could at the time, I guess (trying to give them the benefit of the doubt here - though it is possible they simply didn't care much).

To minerswhocraft:Hi there, welcome to the Misty club. Hope you will enjoy in your stay here and share with us your own thoughts and appreciation for best main female pokemon anime had in my opinion.

Yeah i know how you feel about Misty being replaced and forgotten for years. Which was in reality mistake in my opinion.

Its very sad and discouraging to see one of best character pokemon anime ever had. Character with lot of depth, personality and charisma which helped spread out pokemon popularity worldwide to end up forgotten like this.

Like Misty never existed, left any impact on pokemon anime, had her own unresolved plots in story and all that untapped potential to do much more with character than what she has gotten in end.

To actually think that first and original pokemon girl hasn't made any real return for almost 9 years(last one in main anime happened in 2005)is unfair and disrespectful not only to character, but her huge fanbase with many of them showing support around the world that she comes back one day and pokemon story/continuity as whole. Treating anime like joke which pays no attention to history, its roots and those which left their impact on it and characters like Ash. Defeating its entire purpose about strong, unbreakable friendships, on going story which should buuild on itself using past experiences as template on which its characters and plot go through deeper, more substantial growth etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelc View Post
    I wouldn't say Misty lost her personality in Johto, but the writers did make a lot of mistakes with her. I feel like they didn't get the memo that they had to write her off at the end of the series, thus the rushed wrapping-up of her character. Togepi was helping her mature a bit but she wasn't ready to go off and be a gym leader, imo. In general, I feel that she could have been handled a lot better if she were able to stay at least another season. It wasn't the right time for her to go but they had to make the best decisions they could at the time, I guess (trying to give them the benefit of the doubt here - though it is possible they simply didn't care much).
    Same here while neglected at time i recall Misty was still full of character showing lot of energy, spunk, timid, insecure nature. Interest for romance, ater pokemon, battling and taking initiative. In more grown up way which was especially emphasized upon in cronicles and her AG cameos being how to say more mature and sure in herself and her own abilities, while still being hotheaded, flirty and quirky full of silly pranks. Evolving in stronger trainer, wiser person and more understanding individual.

I definitely think writers weren't prepared for Misty leaving with idea of removing her from main cast coming up lately in Johto series. It was even more frustrating because after all build up with Whirl Cup and revealing more about what water pokemon master career entails, Misty becoming more resourceful stepping out of sister shadow, her pokemon team being enriched with Politoad and Corsola things started to move forward. Leaving you with impression how follow up is ensued to happen continuing to develop character, her master dream and be taken in new exciting directions.

But that continuation never happened and since Misty character and story itself werent developed enough to give it conclusion, writers only option was to provide some random, forced plotline through which Misty would have to leave. Basically forcing character to go somewhere she didn't want to abruptly interrupting journey.

I think it would have made much more sense if Misty was written out continuing to travel on her own. Maybe end up as her idol E4 Lorelei apprentice training together. Prepare for next Whirl Cup, explore new water pokemon, go in search for legendary ones she dreamed so much of merting and entering new tournaments where she could sharo skills, learn from other water experts and work in coming closer toward obtaining water master title.

She defnitely isn't made for gym leader life being by nature spitirited, adventurer, having huge passion for traveling, discovering new places, cultures, pokemon etc.

She even showed in chronicles and her last cameo signs of displease rather wanting to travel and asvancde her dreams of becoming best water trainer reaching E4 level calliber, given how four heavenly kings(Japan name for E4) are best mono trainers in world learning how to utilize certain pokemon species to full potential being type masters in games.

And if opportunity arises and sisters become more competent finding substitute i can totally see Misty going on journey to catch more pokemon, develop more complex, creative strategies, enter powerful tournaments where she could showcae her worth and be noticed for her abilities on global basis making name and reputation that way. Following path of Wallace, Lorelei, Siebold and many other powerful, world recognized high class water trainers. Living her dream.

Because alternative in staying at gym never advancing forward would be only insult to character, its dreams and story though leaving her completely unfinished.

On another note:

Cool topic guys and i like all those creative ideas you came up with.
    Time to answer myself:

If Misty got a spinoff, what would you want her goal to be, if she were to have a set of companions who would be in it?

I think Misty could definitely thrive if she received her own mini series.
    I thought she was amazing in chronicles liking how she overcome fear from Gyarados, learned how to be better gym leader and somewhat earned older sisters respect getting interesting development there.

I also liked how Misty seemed much more mature, confident and tougher growing alot as persons in chronicles and having hilarious dynamic being flirty, curious, timid(that moment when Georgio asked her on date ending freaked oit was priceless lol) and rebellious allowing to produce organic, full of energy interactions with her older sister Daisy, Tracey and good friend Sakura from Johto having endearing bonding moment when they shared Cerulean badge as symbol of their friendship.

So yeah it would be amazing to see Misty after learning what she could at gym(which she by now most likely did), go on journey to catch and explore all kind of new, hard to find water pokemon like Milotic, Swanna, Jellicent, maybe Vaporeion(i recall she adored that Eevee evolution). Make her side dream of owning Tentacruel come true.

Travel to enter tournaments and all kind of water based competitions like Whirl Cup was exploring on mysteries present behind titled of water pokemon master and what other challenges, powerful experts and obstacles she would need to pass to achieve this.

Learn about new, more proficient way in utlizing her pokemon like Psyduck developing more understanding bond achieving synchronization to work as team(anything but easy haha).

See her run across other trainers which love and are passionate about water pokemo striving to become best water trainers in words, developing fierce competition and rivalry between Misty and them.

Maybe we could also see Misty going on special mission to pass tests, battle evaluators certified by pokemon league who search for young talented trainers and special tasks to deem if she is worthy enough for spot of E4 of water pokemon one day.

Trying to develop from her idol Lorelei(Prima)sympathy and interest in deciding to take her as apprentice and train under her on Seafoam islands or her alternate residence in Mandarin island from Orange Island archipelago.

We never saw such things in pokemon anime finding all of this as very cool material to make fulfilling and enjoyable story where Misty could shine as star(pun intended).

Love the support! So glad someone else gets it!
    Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?

I was thinking about the idea of Misty having a spinoff, and I wonder should she have an antagonist like Ash did with Gary for a while? Who would Misty's antagonist be? Since I love Pokeshipping, I thought Serena might fit in that role albeit not in the conventional sense. Opine, if you will kindly.
    Top Five Favorite Beatles tunes(in no particular order because they're all awesome and the mere premise of this list is ridiculous)
    All My Loving
    Hey Jude
    Let It Be
    In My Life
    Yesterday

Misty is awesome; have whatever opinion you please, but I will not entertain otherwise.

A rival would be an awesome addition to a spinoff! I wonder if there are any established characters who could fit the role well. I'd have to think about that one a while...

There was a fire type trainer that she met in Johto who was a cool rival for an episode, and I think it would be neat to have another fire type trainer be a season/series long rival. I think alot of fun and exciting battles can result!

its been a while since i have seen the series with misty in it and i always wanted to know something. Does Ash ever pay Misty back for what he did to her bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Coconuthead View Post
    its been a while since i have seen the series with misty in it and i always wanted to know something. Does Ash ever pay Misty back for what he did to her bike?
    Well Nurse Joy fixes it so she gets her bike back, but Ash never pays her. Honestly in that moment, I don't think she wanted the bike back much less Ash paying her for it.
    All My Loving
    Hey Jude
    Let It Be
    In My Life
    Yesterday

Right,

Ash was so blind he seemed to even hurt her feelings when he said she should go at first. He of course even cried about later in the episode but it was clear she didn't want to go take over the gym for her sisters. She made that pretty clear...as she was so hesitant about leaving.
    Ash+Misty Forever!

Is their like a way to mark this forum as a favorite or something?
    Eh ahm teh dergenbern

im sorta new to serebii...
    Eh ahm teh dergenbern

Quote Originally Posted by Coconuthead View Post
    Is their like a way to mark this forum as a favorite or something?
    Thread tools ->Subscribe to thread Probably shouldn't double post mods might not take to that
    All My Loving
    Hey Jude
    Let It Be
    In My Life
    Yesterday

I will add you. My friend code is 3196-4028-7479.thanks for the help
    Eh ahm teh dergenbern

In episode 368, the final episode of season 7, a trainer named Jimmy reveals that the only badge he has is a Cascade Badge from the Cerulean Gym. He reveals that "Misty isn't always around to battle" so he got the badge for cleaning out the pool for Misty's sister Daisy.

If Misty isn't always around to battle, where is she? Could she possibly be out training, adventuring, catching new water types, perhaps "seeing" someone? I don't know if we ever hear about anything Misty is up to in the show, but this little tid bit is really promising, for me at least! (Does anyone know if this line is the same in the original Japanese version as well?)

Quote Originally Posted by minerswhocraft View Post
    In episode 368, the final episode of season 7, a trainer named Jimmy reveals that the only badge he has is a Cascade Badge from the Cerulean Gym. He reveals that "Misty isn't always around to battle" so he got the badge for cleaning out the pool for Misty's sister Daisy.

If Misty isn't always around to battle, where is she? Could she possibly be out training, adventuring, catching new water types, perhaps "seeing" someone? I don't know if we ever hear about anything Misty is up to in the show, but this little tid bit is really promising, for me at least! (Does anyone know if this line is the same in the original Japanese version as well?)
    She's probably training and looking for new water types to catch, it really wouldn't surprise me if she leaves the gym temporarily to travel to some places for a while. I'm not really sure about the lines in the Japanese version as I only watched the dub.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Can I join? I know this was made years ago but can I?

Nice to see this place still receives love.

To GaryGotGame: of course you can join, anyone who likes Misty is welcomed in here. Welcome aboard.

Yeah i remember that episode. Not sure if Misty was mentioned in Japanese version but she was definitely absent from gym when Daisy gave Jimmy cascade badge.

This serves as pretty strong indication how Misty sometime do travel which was case with her visit in Hoenn when releasing Togetic or at Pallet town to visit Ash, although her travels to search for new pokemon, enter tournaments, develop new ways of battling and discover new, more complex ways of battling are maybe limited and cant happen for extended period of time.

Due to sisters relying too much on her much to Misty annoyance complaining about their carefree nature and wishing she could count on them. Although like i said before if one of them such as Daisy become less lazy and more interested in fulfiling her dutire at gym or someone else is found to fill in for Misty she could travel for longer periods of time and work on more significant level in becoming top water trainer and water pokemon master eventually reaching power creep E4 members have. Well i think she has talent to reach that position one day.

Here is something which could hopefully energize mood abit.
    Time for new topic which i suggest to be in place for week or so, just to get as much answers as possible.
    Please guys be illustrative and substantive with your answers for this topic as you can, because im really curious to hear about your ideas and thoughts on it.

If Misty by some miracle returns in Kalos saga what would you like to happen, what you would like to see?

Personally i would like to see Misty involved with E4 of water pokemon Siebold debut. He could organize some prestigue water tournament inviting all kind of notable water specialists from all parts of world to test their skills, resourcefulness and ability to quickly adapt to unexpected situations using aquatic, amphibious or water pokemon with flying abilities in best possible way. As well demonstrate how close they are with their pokemon in working as team.

Winner could be given prize to be taken as E4 Siebold apprentice teaching him how to truly master water pokemon and learn their secrets.

I imagine Misty would go in fangirl mode and be super excited to meet basically one of most powerful water trainers out there, feeling flattered and nervous in trying to impress him during tournament.

Or have Misty involved with mega evolution arc after hearing of new way of upgrading pokemon. Wanting to go there catch new species and discover as much as she can in how to synchronize yourself with your pokemon unlocking its full power playing rple in stopping Team Flare and Lysandre from using mega pokemon for evil purposes. She went through lot of trouble with her Gyarados and this would be excellent way to test out amount of thrust and love between trainer and its pokemon going through crisis together and quest in obtaining key stone and mega stone.

Imagine showdown between Lysandre and Misty own Gyarados. That would be spectacl imo.

Personally i would also be interested in how would Misty interact with Ash and his new friends. She has lot of spunk, flirty nature, passion and compassion so i think there exists potential for some really interesting dynamic. I could see Misty bonding with Clemont since they are both gym leaders helping him to gain more faith in himself. With Bonnie thanks to her desire to find wife for younger brother putting Misty in awkward situation making her feel embarassed.

There could be tension and irritation with relationship starting on kinda wrong foot between her and Serena due to either of them being jealous ir irritated slightly at each other later evolving in full of understanding and support friendship. Realizing how its like to hold feelings for someone else which arent returned back, which is kinda true for both girls.

And i think after not seeing Ash for such a lomg time Misty would be all excited to meet up with him, hear about his new adventures, share with him what happened with her in meantime groaning about sisters which drive her crazy, all kind of trainers she battled and revive that sarcasm, humor, poking at each other sometime getting into clash and varied humor those two are capable of producing.

Especially now that they have history full of adventures, stronger friendship as well both being more experienced, mature and familiar with themselves. Allowing that friendship fervent and bring whole new layer to it. Liking how badass as trainber, tough, sassy and full of spunk she was. But also more responsible, full of pride and confidence impressing May and Max in specials after Johto.

I would like to see some new pokemon from her too.
    Milotic, Jellicent(it would add more versatility), Swanna, Phione, Clauncher, Quagsire, Floatzel( it would be cooler for Misty to have it than Ash imo) and Tirtouga would be cool. Almost forgott, Tentacruel too, she was absolutely crazy over getting one multiple times.

New outfit wouldn't hurt either. Maybe combination of red and blue or blue and yellow clothes consisted of shorts, tank top and either sneakers or boots.

Default 24

Your ideas sound great! I'm still only on season 8, so I can't really say how she should return because I'm still missing a ton. However she returned though, it would be awesome if they happened upon eachother by coincidence and didn't plan to meet up!

I agree that she would need a ton more focus on water pokemon too!

I took me a long while to get over Misty leaving after Johto ended. I was very hurt and depressed by the whole deal. I finally reached the episodes where she returns in the end of Advances and... Well, I felt she was dealt with so terribly and all the depression is hitting again! GAH!

But I do have a question. What is going on with Misty's outfit in Advanced?

Like, what is going on in this outfit? haha. It's super tight!
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 31st July 2014 at 6:20 AM. Reason: Double Post

I really like that outfit. It does a great job of portraying the slightly more mature and sophisticated person Misty had become by that point, in my opinion.
    All My Loving
    Hey Jude
    Let It Be
    In My Life
    Yesterday

I thi it's a step in the right direction, since they were trying to show that she matured but I still love them short shorts more.
    Ash+Misty Forever!

The good news is her new shorts are still pretty short
    All My Loving
    Hey Jude
    Let It Be
    In My Life
    Yesterday

I always imagined her old outfit was just something to throw over a swim suit. A very loose shirt and short shorts, just something to put on before or after swimming. Is this newer outfit somehow swim related too? I like the design, but the outfit makes no sense to me, haha

I always imagined her old outfit was just something to throw over a swim suit. A very loose shirt and short shorts, just something to put on before or after swimming. Is this newer outfit somehow swim related too? I like the design, but the outfit makes no sense to me, haha
    Jack, you're right...short is always better. :P

Miner, I don't recall her really getting into a pool after she started wearing the new outfit but you may still be right. Notice how it is streamline, (the red undershirt and the shorts...kind of like what May wears).
    Ash+Misty Forever!

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast