Thread: Pokelypse Now-a pokemon RPG

The sign-up is still open to anyone wanting to join. This RPG takes place in Unova, only the region has fallen into ruin from neglect since there are no humans here. Where you start depends on your alignment.

Freedom fighter: Castelia city, where their base is

Oblivion soldier: the pokemon league building, which is now a massive fortress

Other: anywhere else in the region.

You can use any moves that your pokemon is capable of learning. At the beginning of each post, please list your character's name and location. Your wounds can be healed at a pokemon center in any of the cities or by using a healing item found in a poke mart or a vending machine. If you have any other questions, PM me.

Have fun playing!

Arges
    Route 4

Arges peeked up from behind a sand dune. He noticed that there were two pokemon on the other side: a darmanitan and a krokorok. Normally, this would not be worthy of attention, but the four-sided star on their chests changed everything, as the star was the mark of the empire.

Quickly, arges and megaira leaped out from behind the dune and attacked the two soldiers. Megaira pinned down the krokorok with her horns and began to coil around him. As for the darmanitan, it quickly fell victim to arges' lethal talons.

"why are you here?" asked Megaira in a demanding tone. The krokorok was clearly one of the weaker soldiers, as he answered quickly.

"I..I..I was just looking for an item I left here a couple days ago. Yeah. It was a potion. Any chance you saw it?" arges grabbed the soldier's snout and punched him. "Okay, okay! I was sent here on a mission to apprehend a pair of bandits that have been attacking soldiers. Have you-hey! You are the bandits! Your under..." Arges clamped his mouth shut.

"of course we're the bandits, fool!" said megaira, "but now that you know that, you can't leave!" arges picked up the soldier and blasted him with a sludge bomb. The soldier struggled, then slumped over. Megaira looked at the soldier's footprints and pointed to where seemed to be coming from: the ruins that were once nimbasa city. Arges and megaira decided to head south, as not even they could contend with a whole battalion of soldiers. If they could hide in Castelia city, than they could bypass the soldiers and continue their journey toward the oblivion castle.
    Last edited by Psychic; 19th June 2011 at 7:20 PM.

None shall oppose our reign!

Check out my fanfic, Pokelypse chronicles. You won't regret it.

http://pokelypse.blogspot.com/

Input is appreciated.

Lorenzo:

Route 16

"This is so boring...." Lorenzo said dragging his stick behind him as he walked through the woods. Lorenzo then just kept on walking until he got to the Village Bridge and realized that something was blocking the sun. Lorenzo turned around and then looked back in front of him horrified at what he saw: A hydreigon with a four-sided star on its chest, which ment it was an empire goon. Lorenzo then broke out in a dead sprint saying "Holy mother of schalops this over-sized lizard is gonna toast me like a marshmallow."

Lorenzo then heroically dove to the side and then fell flat on his face. "OW OW OW that hurt. Welll at least I ditched Godzilla back there."

The Hydreigon then followed the sound of Lorenzo's voice, found him said "Oh oh oh, your gonna get it double now welp."

Lorenzo then said "What are you going to do now you oversized sausage link?" (Note: Lorenzo is very bad at making insults when under pressure.)

Hydreigon said then "Now your gonna get it TRIPLE you insolent welp." He then fired a large thunder bolt at Lorenzo who quickly doged it and dove off the side of the bridge and landed in the water.

Lorenzo then taunted him again saying "Missed me welp."

Hydreigon then said "HOW DARE YOU USE MY OWN INSULT AGAINST ME WELP, EAT MY TRI-BEAM!." He then fired of a Tri-beam

Lorenzo then held up his schalop and deflected The Tri-beam, it then bounced off a tree and hit Hydreigon right in the face. Hydreigon then fell from the sky and fell to the ground unconcious. Lorenzo climbed back up the bridge again and then threw his schalop right in Hydreigon's face, which bounced off his head and hit Lorenzo in the face. "OW!" Lorenzo said right as he dove into the woods and landed in a thornbush.

Default Billy, Nacrene City

Billy entered what used to be Nacrene City. "soon i will be at the resistence base" he said to himself absently. "I HEARD THAT!" A Gigalith bearing the imperial insignia erupted from the ground under him. "A Gigalith really? They must not want to keep people out of the resistance." "You're acting pretty smug for someone with a type disadvantage" "youre not very smart are you?" "thats it!" The rock monster stomped the ground sending an Earthquake at the Audino. he easily jumped over it and threw a Shadow Ball striking the rock type head on. "Hey that hurt!" "It was supposed to!" Billy launched a Psychic blast and pushed Gigalith back several feet into a wall. Several rocks rose up and hit Billy who reeled back. "oo you just made me mad!" the shiny pokemon conjured up a wave and sent it crashing down on the other pokemon for a KO. "thank you and goodbye" The normal type said with a smirk. He then headed toward Pinwheel Forest.
    PASBL stats
    FB stats
    Virtuadopt clicks

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Anyone may ref for me

Specs
    Castelia City - Inside the Gym

"...err...whassa...Hmm? Ahhh! What are you doing to me, Joe?!" Specs awoke to find one of his Joltik spies nibbling on his leg. He gave a quick jerk and the yellow knat when flying into one of the honeycomb walls, and then bounced off onto his feet.

"It's time for you to wake up, sir. I've received orders to let you know we need some recon done today." Joe replied. Specs attempted to rub his eyes with one of his legs, with less than satisfactory results. He then leaped off his nest and scurried over to his make-shift desk made out of the gym walls. Joe brought him his daily bowl of honey to keep Specs's strength up. Dirt and ash floated inside the yellow goo, but honey was the only thing Specs could eat nowadays, so he choked it down. He gave a loud, crackly cry to rally the rest of the Joltik.

"Alright men, we have a full day ahead of us. Boss needs us to do some recon today, so I'm going to split you men into two groups. Group Alpha will be with me, and Group Beta with Joe. My team will be scouting out Route 4 and whatever remains of Nimbasa city, while I want Joe's team to go to the Abandoned Lot of Dreams to search for any pokemon we might have missed while recruiting. I want your full effort today men. Alpha group, I need to take care of some business before I meet you, so we shall rendezvous at the pond on Route 4 and take it from there." Specs gave the same cry as before to signal the meeting was over, and then walked out of the gym. He quietly moved toward the fountain at the center of the city. As he got closer, his eyes started to water. When he was close enough to the fountain, two names could be etched in the side of the stones; his parents' names. Today was the sixth anniversary of their death.

Note: I will be gone until Monday. Until then, I leave bronzong#1 in charge of the RPG.

Input is appreciated.

Connor-Castelia City
    Connor flew high above the ground of Castelia City. It looked horrible, ruined, and destroyed. There were some buildings that had been reduced to rubble, and sadness had engulfed the city. Still, compared to other cities, it was one of the best. Other places, like Accumula Town were unrecognizable. Connor was confused. How could pokemon still trust Team Oblivion? That wasn't important now. He was headed for the Desert Resort to investigate a report of Team Oblivion in the area. From there he could see the Relic Castle, which is where they were supposedly hiding.

It was believed that they could be using the Relic Castle as a training camp for new Oblivion Soldiers. The idea came from a local Darumaka who said he saw young pokemon go in, and soldiers of team Oblivion come out. Team Oblivion needed to be stopped and to take down a training camp would be a major victory for The Freedom Fighters! He silently landed in the desert sand and began to observe.
    Why Flygon is Beast... Do I NEED An Explanation?

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

Don't hate on me for hatin' on Hydreigon cuz haterz gonna hate 'n' I'm gonna keep on hatin'

What Pokemon Am I?
        Spoiler:- [url="http://www.eonlightvalley.com/pquiz.php:

Connor-Desert Resort-Just Outside Relic Castle
    Connor hid behind a boulder and spied on the scene he saw below him. There were young members of Team Oblivion being educated in battle techniques in order to take down all the pokemon who opposed them. Some of them seemed very powerful and Connor wasn't sure if he could handle them all at once if the situation became bad. Connor saw a pokemon beginning to step out of the Relic Castle and then went to sleep. it was the last thing he remembered seeing. When he woke up, Connor was trapped in the bowels of Relic Castle. He was confused. Who did this? How long was he out? What were they going to do? As if in answer, his old nemesis Zoroark came into the room.
    "Have a nice rest?" Zoroark flicked his tail mockingly. "It's amazing how easily a simple hypnosis can take down the strongest of pokemon." Zoroark chuckled. "Not talking, eh? Well don't worry. I've got all the time in the world." Zoroark paced across the room. "How about you tell me what you were doing here and what your plans are." He stuck a shadow claw in Connor's face. "Why would I tell you anything? I don't see a reason to. Not to mention that I don't like talking to people who are threatening me." Connor blinked. "Now, how about you put down that shadow claw of yours and maybe we'll talk." Zoroark started to think a little. "All right, all right. I'll stop.
    Connor quickly used a dragon claw on Zoroark and swiftly zoomed out the door that he had coveniently left open. He let loose a flamethrower on two guards and flew through the labyrinth and found his way out. Connor escaped into the sky and flew as far away from the place as he possibly could. Team Oblivion shot attacks into the air after him, but to no avail. Luckily, the Relic Castle was lacking any aerial fighters so Connor made an easy escape. "If Zoroark hadn't fallen for that trick, I might've been done for,"he thought.
    Last edited by FlygonIsBeast; 24th June 2011 at 4:18 PM.
    Why Flygon is Beast... Do I NEED An Explanation?

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

Don't hate on me for hatin' on Hydreigon cuz haterz gonna hate 'n' I'm gonna keep on hatin'

What Pokemon Am I?
        Spoiler:- [url="http://www.eonlightvalley.com/pquiz.php:

Argus
    Route 4

Arges and megaira moved quickly through the desert, trying to avoid attention. Arges tried to remain calm, but he could not shake the feeling that he was being watched. He bumped into Megaira, who had stopped to look upward. Arges looked where she was staring and saw a flygon floating to the west of them. However, it had no star on it's chest. The creature quickly disappeared into the clouds.

Suddenly, a horn blew, marking the presence of the oblivion empire. Arges crouched behind a dune, listening.

"You heard me! Blow the castle to bits!"

"But lord Dracul, why are we doing this?"

"Isn't it obvious? The piece of rock is in the way!"

"But..."

"Destoy it or I destroy you!"

"Yes, O mighty master Dracul!"

Dracul? He never leaves the fortress of Oblivion. Why would he be out here? There was only one explanation: the empire was about to launch its biggest attack in history, and they were smack in the middle of the army's path. A small Joltik stepped out from under a piece of rubble. It ran off before Arges could grab it. It had no star, but Arges and Megaira could tell that it was on a mission.

Input is appreciated.

Dominic Cassiano:

Route 4:

Dominic found himself bound and gagged, and being dragged through the desert. He had gotten careless and slept out in the open. Some of the empire's stragglers had found him and they must have recognized him. So here he was, being forced along by a Gothitelle and a Scraggy. There was also a Yamask nearby as well, it had used disable on him, rendering him immobile. He could do nothing. He felt helpless, completely helpless. It was an odd feeling, being able to do nothing to help himself. He was left at the mercy of his captors and the elements. He knew that he would be shown as much mercy as he had shown other soldiers. It was over for him. He had no escape, no one who would want to help him, and he was helpless. Yet, he felt perfectly at peace.

He felt weak, and he had begun to hallucinate. He saw Damon and a younger version of himself walking towards a pokemart. It was a sunny day, and everywhere it was cheerful. A shot rang out as Damon opened the door, and his friend fell to the ground. He saw himself trying to help Damon up, and then later, fighting the people who came to take his body away. He was alone. All alone, and he felt helpless. His thoughts turned to darkness as he passed out again.

When he came to, Dominic was being forced up by the Gothitelle. “Get up, worm, and watch what our emperor can accomplish. It will be one of the last things that you ever see.” she told him. He heard a horn, followed by yelling voices.

"You heard me! Blow the castle to bits!"

"But lord Dracul, why are we doing this?"

"Isn't it obvious? The piece of rock is in the way!"

"But..."

"Destoy it or I destroy you!"

"Yes, O mighty master Dracul!"

Dominic struggled again, but was still unable to move. The Yamask must have renewed the disable while he was asleep. He was helpless again, so he just watched.
    "There are two things I know to be infinite, the universe, and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure of the former."-Albert Einstein

If Pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of Progress?

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying."-Woody Allen

Default Billy, Pinwheel Forest

"I thought this was supposed to be a straight path!" Billy cried as he absently knocked out a Joltik in his way. "why cant people put signs or something?" Suddenly a large yellow humanoid with a mustache, an Alakazam, teleported behind him and held two spoons to his throat. "Who are you and why are you in my forest?" "just passing through i dont suppose you could teleport me to the bridge side or better yet the edge of the city?" "if it will get you out of my forest fine" Billy blacked out and the next thing he saw was the night skyline of Castelia city.
    PASBL stats
    FB stats
    Virtuadopt clicks

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Anyone may ref for me

Specs
    Route 4

Specs left the fountain and began heading for the rendezvous point. Clearing the fresh pile of rubble in front of the Route 4 entrance was a chore, but he made quick work of it. A sandstorm was brewing in the route, making it difficult to see. Specs shielded his eyes and scanned for the path leading down toward the oasis. He heard a loud horn sound in the distance; a signal Specs knew all too well. Team Oblivion was near by and on the move. A crash followed the horn, which Specs assumed meant that they were clearing a path.

"Well, this throws a hitch in the plans," he muttered to himself, spitting out a clot of sand he inhaled. He hurried down to the oasis to meet his team. The area was shielded from the sandstorm, clearing his vision up. When he scanned the area though, none of his team was even there. Specs smiled. I see they have been learning well, he thought. "Guys it's ok. You can come out now," he called. Instantly, dozens of yellow dots filled the area.

"Alright, good to see you all made it. Now I know I told you earlier that this would be a simple recon mission, but the circumstances have changed. I have reason to..." Specs stopped his speech when a Joltik nudged his leg. She began speaking, "Sir, I know this is against orders, but I went ahead to the Relic Castle to scan the area a bit. I saw Team Oblivion there and they were planning on destroying the castle." Specs nodded and closed his eyes to think. "Thank you for the information, Lucy. Just don't let me catch you doing it again." He reopened his eyes and continued his speech.

"It seems my suspicions were correct. Team Oblivion is in the area, so I want all of you to be extremely careful today. Don't let anyone see you, even if they look like an ally. Understand?" The team cried out in approval. "Good. I will go alone to explore the Relic Castle to see what's going on. Meet back at the gym by dinner time." Specs was worried about what was going on, since the Freedom Fighters weren't ready for an all out assault. He knew that crippling their army from outside the base was the best approach of action, and it was just what he intended to do.

OOC:
    I think some kind of present-day map should be made, you know, so we can better formulate what our RP character is going to do...
    IE - what is in what city? I'm working on a map ATM, but I'm thinking something like:

Pokemon League - Oblivion HQ
    Opeculid - "Civilian" area, owned by Oblivion
    Village and Tubeline Bridge(s) - Rendezvous point for Oblivions major forces, Oblivion forts
    Lacunosa and Iccirus Citie(s) - Most Forward point of Oblivion, Major defensive structures in place, only soldiers may enter or leave, and only under direct orders, knowing exactly what to do
    "No-mans Land" up to Nimbasa City (Still Oblivion Land, but not under the security of Oblivion's Defensive walls)
    Nimbasa is where most of the fighting takes place, as this is where the Freedom fighters are pounding on Oblivions doors
    Castelia - Main HQ of the Freedom Fighters

Skyarrow has Collapsed! (it could be possible, and I think it should be so)
    anything beyond is the peaceful villages not under Oblivion's Oppression, mostly because the bridge has collapsed...

how's that sound?

EDIT: thought i'd expand cause I like the idea...
    The marvelous bridge is intact, but the "drawbridge" however, is not...
    Black city/white forest: it matters not what once was there, it is now just a large, flat area, known as "the grey wasteland" or "the battlefield" it is a place where most of the fighting happens, while the east is still being fought over, it is with much smaller numbers. The river is the legion's shield here... Be wary of electric types...

I hope my post helps out...

IC:
    Eve

*flashback*

-Unity Tower-

"You're orders are clear, do as the trainer tells you, then when the signal is given, turn on him. Your past has been erased, and when the trainer falls, you will be thrown off the tower, and your real task will begin."
    "report when possible, to the usual hideout, I may not be there, but regardless, no words are to be spoken, understand?"

"Yes, Master, I shall not fail you"

"good, then hurry to your trai
    Last edited by Dark Pulse94; 9th July 2011 at 5:30 PM.