Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Memento Mori: Even Gods Must Die

Guy - Regaining control

As soon as it had begun, it ended. Guy stood up, and squared his shoulders. He cracked his jaw and knuckles, and proceeded over to Lilith. Guy picked up his sword and placed it in the sling on his back. Guy looked around at everyone; most of them were present now. All but two of the females. He figured that they were all in too deep to quit now, and so made the decision to speak with them. Start fresh; make a new impression upon them. Maybe convince them that he is right, and to ally themselves with ihm.

First he walked over to Davis, and stood over him, staring him in the face. “Surely you did not think this would be easy, did you? You are an idiot if you did.” Guy got the feeling that Davis was not fully grasping what Guy meant, be it he was or wasn’t. “Hey, I am trying to help you. The weak WILL perish on this quest, and so you must be strong. Stand! Shake it off! Puff out your chest and beat you fist upon it, declaring that you are unbreakable!” Guy noticed a young woman come strolling out of the cave and went to her next.

Mari hugged Tim as Guy approached. “Excuse me, but I do not believe we have ever met.” Guy introduced himself to them both. “You should realize that I am not with the rest of this group. They are fools who brought this upon themselves. That old man Gin? He is actually Giratina in human form. They are conspiring with Giratina to kill Arceus so that they may rule all that has ever been and ever will be. But I have a counter-offer for you.” Guy knelt down by them and started to talk softer so that no one except Mari and Tim could hear, “The three of us could capture Arceus instead of killing him. Then WE would unstoppable. Oh the possibilities! We could rule all for eternity. You two, the king and queen, and me, your loyal servant. Think about it.” Guy stood up and looked at Musica… what would he say to his enemy? Guy looked at Lilith, then back at Mari and Tim, “Actions speak louder than words… right?”

Guy walked over to Lilith, and brushed the back of his hand gently against her cheek, “Such a pretty thing. You deserve so much more than you’ve been given in life. You deserve more than an abomination.” Guy threw a glace toward Musica. Guy took Lilith’s hands in his, “I could be your champion. And do not think of it as being weak to accept. Think of it as even more strength. You would have the last of an order of powerful warriors at your disposal. We could capture Arceus for ourselves instead of killing him. We could rule together for an eternity as king and queen of all existence.” Guy released her hands and gave her a tender smile, “Please at least consider.”
    Last edited by Guywhoiam; 27th June 2011 at 4:43 AM. Reason: Capitalization issue
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698

(DISCLAIMER: the flying nimbus was originated in the Asian folk story "the monkey king", but this one is from Dragonball by Akira Toriyama. I have no claims over the golden cloud.)

"Oh, so first you call me daemon, then you call me abomination, and now you're trying to trick everyone?!" Musica yelled, punching Guy in the face. At the moment, Musica was seriously angered, due to many reasons. He glared at Guy, and grabbed him by his collar. "I have very sensitive hearing, and I can sense your emotions. I hear every freaking word you said, and know which one of them are lies!"

"Musica, calm down!" Rose pleaded, but Musica glared at her, making her flinch.

"NO. This has gone long enough. He never trusted us from the beginning. We are trying to stop Arceus, while he is trying to help our enemy. He is trying to gain allies, for he is feeling uneasy about doing this on his own." Musica spat, as he continued to glare at Guy. The young prince was seriously angered right now. "He tried to cheer up Davis, that much I can respect, but he did it for his own selfish reasons. Next, he told Gin's story to the new people, bending the truth, saying that all we wanted to take over the world for ourselves. Then you told them that you would serve them, and capture Arceus instead. Now you dare say the same thing to miss Lilith, but saying that you two would rule the world together?!"

Musica lifted Guy with one hand, and threw him down. "YOU, sir, are EXACTLY what the Pokemon see humans as, according to their stereotypes. Decieving, arrogant, and most of all, SELFISH. Miss Lilith here has been the proof to me that those stereotypes are FALSE. DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO TAINT HER!"

"YEA! GO MUSICA!" rang a voice, and he turned to see Raki the Gardevoir grinning.

"You can talk?" Rose asked with wide eyes, and Raki grinned.

"Telepathy. Most psychics can do it a bit. However, as a Gardevoir, I can sense emotions, and Musica is right. He is a traitor, not only to us, but to the world." Raki's voice rang again, and Rose looked at her confusedly. How did Musica know so much about Pokemon? He can speak to them, but still! However, that wasn't the problem here.

Rose glared at Guy, then went by Musica's side. "Mr. Guy, you make me sick. Not only did you try to mess with people's minds, but you tried to mess with a girl's heart. You call yourself a knight, but you are the lowest of the low."

"You have broken the Knight's Code of Chivalry, Courtesy, Honesty, Valor, Honor, Generosity, Honorability, Excellence, Courage, Loyalty, Second Book of Generosity, Discreetness, Purity, Wisdom, Courteousness, and Justice. That means you have broken EVERY SINGLE ONE of the Knight's Code!" Musica yelled, and he pointed a sword at Guy. "According to the code, I should sentence you to death, but I shall not take your life, for I live by a separate list of codes, which you have broken as well. However, your breaking of the codes allow anyone the privelige to take away your knighthood. From now on, you are no longer a knight, but you are a simple civillian weilding a sword. No longer shall you walk the path of the knight."

Musica's sword went back into his sleeve, and he turned away as Gin came out of the cave without any sign of harm delt to him. He calmly smashed the Dark Plate, and took the Azure Flute from Lilith. Once he blew it, a magic stairway opened up, and he began to walk up, as Musica and Rose followed him. Once everyone was walking with him, he began to speak. "The Flying Plate demands creativity, imagination, freedom, and energy. To complete the test, jump off the edge of the stairway, and let the air guide you. Believe that the air will take you, and change its form. No other powers will work here except for sheer imagination. This is the closest you may ever get to the euphoria of Creation.

Inspiration... the base of the word is spirare... air. This is one of the more enjoyable Trials... but it requires belief. Blind faith if you will... since after all, there may be nothing off the edge of the stair."

Gin then stopped at a place where the stairs just ended. Rose looked down, then moved back slightly, but Musica just scoffed. "I'm in a bad mood. Let's just get this one over with."

"The Wind has always been with me... Let the wind provide power for my wings, and let my wings provide flight for me." Musica spoke calmly, as his cloak flashed, switching to another cloak that had holes in the back of them. He went into a battle position, as large, magestic wings came out from his back, going through the holes. He flew off, and a sudden wind appeared out of nowhere, giving him immense speed.

"Okay, how are we supposed to compete with a guy with wings on a Flying challenge?" Rose sighed, but then smiled. "He summoned winds, but I guess we'll just copy something!"

She returned Raki, let out Bunny, and whispered something in her large ears. The two grinned, then jumped off. "NIMBUS!!!"

A golden cloud came flying, and took the two as they flew away, laughing. They just ripped off Akira Toriyama.
    98% of teens won't stand up for God.
    Be one of the 2% that will, copy this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed93 View Post
    lxdarknessxl ~ The Invincible Asian PKMN

A pokemon which cannot be destroyed, it claims the reason for this to be that it is 'too asian'. It becomes enraged when it's heritage is questioned.
    lol, tumbleweed93 knows me too well.

Guy - Himself... for now.

Guy sat on the ground where he landed as Musica and Rose walked away with Gin. Guy stood, and turned to everyone. “Listen to me! Sure, we are all going to the same place, but DO NOT follow his leadership! He is in a way no better than I. He is a hypocrite. He says Pokémon hate deceit. Yet he hides who he is. Now I admit that I have my flaws. Sure, I am a little arrogant, and I can be selfish at times. But then again, who isn’t? He condemns me for things he does as well, but is too arrogant to admit to it himself. Arceus, a Pokémon, wants to end the very things he just yelled about, and yet he wants to be selfish and stop him from doing with his creation as he pleases. You see, that man is deluded. But do not take my word for it. Just look at what he has done. He follows a man who wants to kill god without question. Who the hell does that? Also, he says Pokémon hate humans. If they hated us so much, why do yours like you? There are so many more of them then humans, why not kill us all? Why help us when we are in need? I am not proclaiming that you should follow me! I want you each to do what is morally right in your opinion, and at least think about what I have said before you label me as the bad guy.” Guy finished with his speech before turning to Lilith, “Something… is wrong with me. Something… happened in that cave… I am having trouble controlling it. I am myself now, but wasn’t earlier. I hope I did not offend. And I was not toying with your emotions... well, what ever was in that cave was, but I, myself, was not. Sorry if I am not making sense, let us continue and not speak of what I said again, shall we?”
    Last edited by Guywhoiam; 27th June 2011 at 8:32 AM.

"You're right, Guy. I also hide who I am. However, as a response to what you said, do you think I would reveil myself to humans, when they call me a demon or a freak? You aren't the only one who called me that, and the last person who I reveiled my true form to chopped off half of my cousin's face by using an axe." A voice rang in the air, but it was clear that it was Musica's voice.

"Also, when you meet a wild Pokemon, do they normally follow you without question, or resist you right away? It is not just the fear of being captured that causes that. When they saw you for who you truly are, did they open up to you? Most likely!" Musica spoke, his voice resonating in the air psychicly. There was no emotion in his voice, but it was clear that he did not like what Guy had said. "I am not trying to lead them, I'm making sure none of them gets enticed by your lies. There is one person among the group who I truly trust, and I'm hoping to be able to trust more. You say you are trying to protect Arceus and let him bring about the apocalypse. Yet just a bit ago you said that you would capture him and bend him to your wishes! You have tried to make them turn on eachother, and then when I showed them the path through your petty lies, you try to make them go against me. I have done nothing to harm them, as you have..."

Then, emotion returned to his voice as he flew back down to where everyone was. "Well, except for Davis, but it was training. Better him getting slightly harmed than him dying... and atleast I didn't kick him off a cliff as my teacher did."

Musica raised his hood, to show his eyes, which glowed slightly, then went back to normal. "Guy, you are telling one truth... you aren't exactly yourself. There are two sets of emotions inside of you, meaning there is a seperate soul. If you wish, then I will purge the actual demon from inside you."

Suddenly, Destiny, who was on Musica's shoulder, began to scream at Guy, and Musica frowned. "Okay, Destiny? Where did you learn those words? You aren't supposed to say those. They're bad words."

Destiny calmly spoke something to Musica, and he facepalmed. "Destiny, where did you find a computer, and how do you know about YouTube?"

Once again the Kirlia began to speak, and Musica sighed. "Sorry about that, Apparently, Rose's Lopunny got her addicted to the internet. Anyway, I will reveil my true form to everyone when I can trust them,but never to the possessed ex-knight. He'll probably want to chop my head off, calling me a 'freak of nature' or something."

He turned around to fly back, when he remembered something. "Oh, and by the way, I don't believe Arceus created the world. I have a different religion."

Then, Destiny began to say something, and Musica turned to the Kirlia on his shoulder. "Huh? Yea, the Gallade Code states that any Gallade that chooses his master must serve the master through thick and thin, why?"

As the Kirlia began to talk, Musica blushed a deep red, and began to fly up while screaming his head off. "BUNNY! STOP TEACHING DESTINY THINGS SHE'S TOO YOUNG TO KNOW ABOUT!!!"

Musica got out of sight, but then his voice suddenly rang, this time not due to any psychic powers.

"WHAT THE HECK IS 'LILICA' AND 'MUSITH'?!?!"
    98% of teens won't stand up for God.
    Be one of the 2% that will, copy this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed93 View Post
    lxdarknessxl ~ The Invincible Asian PKMN

A pokemon which cannot be destroyed, it claims the reason for this to be that it is 'too asian'. It becomes enraged when it's heritage is questioned.
    lol, tumbleweed93 knows me too well.

(OoC: School started, so can't be as active any more. Still will try to post though.)

Maple Celine (Serene) Grace

Maple wrapped her hands around her doppelganger’s throat, crushing the life out of her.

“When will you tell Davis?” Her doppelganger managed to croak out.

Maple didn't answer, but tightened her grip.

"He will hate you!" Her doppelganger hissed with her dying breath, before her eyes rolled up and she went limp. Maple's own breath came out in hisses, her metality worn down by the dark secrets she kept deep inside her soul, dug back out by her unforgiving clone.

Maple's knuckles were white, and numb with the strength she used to kill her clone, and she released her fingers, flexing them from the strain she put on them. Silence.

She had cleared the first part easily enough. She had learnt from her mentor, something called Zen, where she could block out her Earthly senses and fear. She had done that and easily ignored the pain and fear, but it did not come useful against herself.

She stepped towards the light, resolving to tell Davis the truth when she got out. Her resolve was broken almost immediatly after she stepped out into the brightness. Davis was sitting limply next to a rock, eyes unfocused. If she told him now, who knew what would happen to his soul?

She walked over towards Davis.

"Hey boy."

"..."

Maple squatted next to him, wondering what she could do. Then, without herself knowing, she raised her hand...

...And smacked Davis hard against the face.

His training kicked in almost immediatly and her responded with a sharp jab to her face, which she easily parried and kneed him hard in the gut.

Stumbled backwards, he loosed a groan. "Argh."

"Feeling better?" Maple grinned as she stepped backwards.

"Thanks." Then he studied her closely. "Do I know you? I feel as if I do."

Maple took a deep breath. It was now or never.

"Listen Davis, I'm-"

They both turned to look as Gin came out of the cave without any sign of harm dealt to him.

"Hey." Davis asked. "Did you know that Gin is actually Giratina?"

"What seriously?" Maple asked, both glad and disappointed at the diversion.

Gin calmly smashed the Dark Plate, before taking the Azure Flute from Lilith. He blew it and a staircase materialized before him. Once everyone was walking with him, he began to speak. "The Flying Plate demands creativity, imagination, freedom, and energy. To complete the test, jump off the edge of the stairway, and let the air guide you. Believe that the air will take you, and change its form. No other powers will work here except for sheer imagination. This is the closest you may ever get to the euphoria of Creation."

"Jump?" Maple asked Davis.

"First one at the other end wins then." Davis answered.

"On the count of three." Maple said. "One."

Davis jumped.

"CHEATER!" Maple yelled after him as she jumped too. This would probably be the most relaxing out of all the trials. She liked the thrill of wind rushing around her.

<<< Yea I kick butt. Care to battle me? JOIN FIRST.

Credits to Nakashima.

Sky Reaper Clan. Join us now.

Guy - Still himself

Guy looked at Musica, “Only a creature as unnatural and monstrous as you could have heard what I said. And then project its voice without speaking! Abomination! You do not have the power or the authority to take away my knighthood! Nor are you worth my time anymore. You ARE a hypocrite, just the fact that you cannot admit that anything thing I said is true is proof enough of that. You say ‘humans’ instead of ‘we’ or ‘us’. By this you admit that you are no human, and thus something that does not belong in this world. Also, thinking that all humans are as evil as you claim makes you a judgmental asshole.” Guy turned towards the cave that they came through, and fell to his knees, holding his head as a familiar voice spoke once more.

“Now things have fallen into place, you played according to my design. Soon I will be able to return, and when I do… YOUR WORLD WILL BURN!”

Guy stood back up, shaking his head slightly. He looked over his shoulder at Musica, “I planned on killing you here, but there is something infinitely greater that requires my attention. Be it you succeed and kill Arceus, or you somehow placate him, there is a different threat that I must attend to. Besides, you wouldn’t be much of a challenge.” Guy walked towards the dread cave that they all emerged from earlier. Guy turned around to face everyone who was still present one last time. “When you get to Arceus, tell him I said ‘P.I.E.’ I do not know if he will remember, or even care, just do it, please. Oh, and, Good luck. I guess.”

Guy vanished into the dark never to be seen again by the fools who believed they could challenge a god.

Er… darkness, ease off on the weirdness. This isn’t a crackfic… and as such, the random YouTube references and stuff should stop…

… and we’re losing people. *Sigh* this at least got further than a lot of RPGs before beginning to fade. Let’s keep trying though… Does anyone just want to time-skip through the trials and meet Arceus now? There’s more to come after him. Discussion Thread your opinions please…

Apologies for the very, very short post. I'm time-lagged, and just back from the other side of the country... so I'm tired... just thought I should check in.

Lilith Czernobori
    …F*ck

Lilith watched the insanity unfold, the fighting… and the chaos. Utter… total… chaos. It was… it was terrible. Has everyone… everyone gone insane?

Lilith turned away, toward the stair. She stepped into the void numbly, her mind a tumultuous wave of indecision and confusion. The wind embodied that, becoming a violent maelstrom, which tossed her about. She tried to calm herself… to relax the wind, but she couldn’t. Everything… everything made her doubt herself. And doubts... they ate away at you.

The maelstrom ceased when she reached the bottom. Normally, she would have enjoyed the ride, but now… she forgot it nearly instantly. Lilith needed time to think… badly.

She dropped onto the re-continued stair, and sat down… awaiting the others. What… what would she do now?

Gin dropped gracefully onto the step. He had changed the air into a stairway. Well... that was one way to solve the problem.

"Ah... everyone has arrived. Well, it is time... for the next trial. It is just up ahead."

Gin first swung his staff at the massive pale blue Plate. It shattered and disappeared. "Three down..."

The party of adventurers walked up the golden stairs, and came to a long path, floating in the air. The path was covered in sharp steel spikes and blades. Several metal bars sat in a corner.

"Steel unyielding... Persistence, rigidity, and strength. You must walk across the field of blades. And you must carry one of the bars. The bars... they weigh infinity, and nothing. The weight of the bars is the absolute maximum you can carry without dying. Stronger ones get heavier bars. Weaker ones get lighter ones... but it will be the maximum you can possibly carry. Lift the bar, which will weigh a massive amount, and then walk across the field of blades. If you drop the bar, you get teleported back.

The field is struck with illusion... no matter how far you walk, if you look back, you will have only walked an inch. Do not fall to despair, continue on. Persistence. Even though you can stop the pain by simply dropping the bar...

Your wounds will be healed as soon as you step off the field... do not worry. Forge onward... my heroes."
    Last edited by Niihyl; 3rd July 2011 at 4:32 AM.
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789