Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Ash and Trip's Third Battle (693)

What happened to the creativity of dub titles? Did they just give up or something? It doesn't seem real after all these years.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    What happened to the creativity of dub titles? Did they just give up or something? It doesn't seem real after all these years.
    You know, one thing I like about these new titles is that when someone mentions the title I can actually figure out what the said episode was about. -.-

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    You know, one thing I like about these new titles is that when someone mentions the title I can actually figure out what the said episode was about. -.-
    Well, let's give this episode a nice pun.
    A Trip Down Memory Lane shows that Trip's gonna appear, and Memory Lane denotes that there'll be a lovely flashback of the kid or something like that. Sure, it doesn't say that there's gonna be a match between Trip and Ash, but because they're both eachother's main rivals I don't think it's a stretch to say that the battle'd happen.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

The episode names is absolutley abysmal. I'll give you that.

The battle was alright, I don't think that Trip and Vanillte go good together, though...Trip should evolve it/release it.

Timbur was cute, I guess...but a little too weak for my tastes.

At least Trip showed Ash what Oshawott is doing wrong with its Aqua Jet.

This episode gets a 3/10.
    Help Staryu, will you?

I have claimed Houndoom.
    When you start something, finish it.

Trip-"That makes it special in some sort of way." Even Paul was not that much of a dick!

Trip-"That makes it special in some sort of way." Even Paul was not that much of a dick!
    He's a little more openly rude than Paul, true. But at least Trip has shown to be a decent person deep down inside. I'm not sure why he acts the cynical way that he does but he just wants to become a champion trainer really badly. Paul's still much worse.

And I was amused at how much little kid Trip sounded like Barry. XD
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 3rd September 2011 at 3:10 PM.

It's a good episode. Ash and Trip have another battle and it ends in a tie. Trip kinda sounded like Barry when he was younger. And Oshawott can't open its eyes when its using Aqua Jet. Finally, Cilan was hilarious as usual with the food stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    It was very harsh, but for some reason I found it kind of funny. Funny in a 'Damn, did he really just say that" kind of way.

Anyways I enjoyed the episode. We got to see a bit of Trip's background and Cilan's antics were hilarious. I like how the battle actually ended in a tie this time instead it being one-sided.

Ohh, has this episode aired today? I wonder who voices Alder...

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

I haven't seen a dubbed episode of B/W in ages, and I'm currently watching this one. But I must say... what the heck is up with Timburr's voice? And Trip really is a... meanie head.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    He's a little more openly rude than Paul, true. But at least Trip has shown to be a decent person deep down inside. I'm not sure why he acts the cynical way that he does but he just wants to become a champion trainer really badly. Paul's still much worse.

Maybe Trip is only cynical towards Ash and other similar trainers because it's his way of trying to help Ash improve his game and become, in Trip's personal viewpoint, a better trainer.

And lets face it; Trip's comments on Ash's style of doing things isn't entirely wrong (given how many regions Ash has visited yet he still comes off as a noob more often than he should).

I was really looking forward to this episode and I must say I was disappointed by when it ended. It seemed like each Pokemon would faint after being hit by one attack which does not make for an exciting battle. The revelation with Oshawott was neat though.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Me too. I guess Trip as a little kid was as hyper as Barry, but something happened to him that turned him into the jerk that he is. He isn't as horrible as Paul or Silver though.

But Trip is one thing Paul and Silver are not: A STALKER!!! I wonder what he's going to do with that picture of Iris... it scares me to think about it...

Overall awesome episode. I like how Ash actually drew this time, and how Ash's Pokemon put up a good fight as opposed to last time. Cilan's reaction when the harmless little leaf fell into his soup was fabulous.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

So you're comparing one measley line from Trip to the D***ish Rival of all time? That line doesn't even come close to Paul's attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    I haven't seen a dubbed episode of B/W in ages, and I'm currently watching this one. But I must say... what the heck is up with Timburr's voice? And Trip really is a... meanie head.
    I suppose they gave Timburr a "durr" sounding voice because of its nature (though I wouldn't have minded a high-pitched one). As for Trip being a meanie head, well, I blame Ash for forgetting the BASICS.

I enjoyed this episode. That draw that happened there reminded me of that half Poke Ball piece event Ash and Gary got a long time ago. I especially enjoyed seeing Cilan getting a freaked out for his top tier food.

Butler, there's a leaf in my soup.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    So you're comparing one measley line from Trip to the D***ish Rival of all time? That line doesn't even come close to Paul's attitude.

I suppose they gave Timburr a "durr" sounding voice because of its nature (though I wouldn't have minded a high-pitched one). As for Trip being a meanie head, well, I blame Ash for forgetting the BASICS.

I enjoyed this episode. That draw that happened there reminded me of that half Poke Ball piece event Ash and Gary got a long time ago. I especially enjoyed seeing Cilan getting a freaked out for his top tier food.

Butler, there's a leaf in my soup.
    Dude he pretty much called Oshawott mentally retarded.

I liked the dub version. Well of course not the title.

I loled when the dubbers used Razor Shell again after using Shell Blade for the Stephan episode.

Random : PokéRadar

You know, Trip is really getting on my nerves.

Dude he pretty much called Oshawott mentally retarded.
    Thats it, he's gotta die.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

I wish someone caught that Papiltoed

I wish someone caught that Papiltoed
    don't worry. a capture will happen very soon.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Bulbapedia says Scottie Ray - who voiced characters like Orange Islands Drake, J's client and Cullen Calix - voiced Alder. I was fooled, thought it was Dan Green like we all predicted.

Was all the "I hope Alder waits for me" stuff in the original raw of this episode? Because I got definite foreshadowing to "N beats the Champion first" from it all...

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Trip's voice is too deep. Paul's voice was too deep. Are they're really old men playing Ash's rivals all the time or what?

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Trip's voice is too deep. Paul's voice was too deep. Are they're really old men playing Ash's rivals all the time or what?
    Trip's voice is basically a mature Barry's voice. But I'm not so sure it's deep enough to be...well...deep.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

In today’s poorly named episode (“Ash and Trip’s Third Battle”! Really?), Ash battles his rival Trip, Iris acts like a hypocrite again, and Cilan is ignored. Even though I don’t care for Trip, it is nice that someone in BW realizes how annoying Ash and Iris are and tries to put them in their place. Ash, the kid who doesn’t know the basics and is always getting in his way, asks for a battle; I can understand why Trip is so annoyed. I’d be too if a failure kept on bugging me with his loud voice. Likewise, Trip points out Iris hypocrisy in not liking Ice types because they are Super Effective against Dragons when she loves Dragons, who are also Super Effective against Dragons. And we have to appreciate that while Iris didn’t want to battle Trip, she still guilts Trip into battling Ash, someone he doesn’t want to battle. Trip might not be the most interesting guy in the world, but it is refreshing to see that not everyone can put up with Ash’s antics.

Trip’s desire to enter the Unova League is so that he can battle his childhood hero Alder. To that end he trains really hard with his Pokémon. Ash, meanwhile, barely trains his Pokémon and expects them to do great. Trip might be harsh, but his critisism is valid. He hasn’t worked with Snivy at all and Ash didn’t bother to fix Oshawott’s Aqua Jet until Trip tells him what is wrong. Ash trained Tepig once, and he still loses a lot. Considering how much focus Oshawott gets, it makes since that he is the only one that beats Trip.

As for voices, I enjoyed Vanilite’s and Alder’s, Palpitoad’s voice sounds weird, and Timbur’s deep voice should have been saved for its evolutions. I really think Jason Griffith should put more emotion in when voicing Cilan, as his performance in this episode was a bit disappointing. Young Trip was cute but the voice seems off to me.

An okay episode basically. Battles were fine, but Oshawott and Timbur’s battle should have been a few attacks longer. More mentions of the Champion League makes me hope Trip enters it (not Ash, IMO he's too much of a noob to win any league).

Perhaps I expect too much from this show...
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

This episode was pretty good. Nice to see all the new pokemon. I enjoy these kinds of episodes that involve battling like this.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I thought thought Cilan was going to rage quit when they messed his lunch up

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast