Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ash and Trip's Third Battle (693)

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    a draw huh, better than losing.

any reactions from Trip/Shooti about it being a tie this time?
    He realizes he's still got a ways to go if he wants to be champion.

I understand Tepig took the draw pretty hard...why i don't know.

He always does, he always goes depressed mode when he doesn't win, he feels in debt for Satoshi for caring for him and saving him after his trainer abandoned him due to not being strong enough, the writers could probably make a damn bonding episode exploring that and showing Satoshi saying to him that he doesn't mind if he loses if he gives his best or something like this.

But nah we will probably get more Oshawoot/Sraggy/Snivy episodes.

Because before it got abandoned I lost to a pokemon which it had a type advantage over, and he still hasn't been able to defeat another trainer pokemon whom it had a type advantage over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    He always does, he always goes depressed mode when he doesn't win,
    *Looks at it's battle against Druddigon*

Well, Ash had one tie, or two with Paul, so I guess it's okay that it was a tie. It was cool to Alder, and to see Bouffulant Debut, even though it was a flashback.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

This episode had its faults (primarily Snivy vs Servine) but I guess most of it was okay. I mean I don't know why but I think the battle portion was just crap. I mean as hilarious as it was I think they focused on lunch too much. The battle was really horribly rushed, not the best written battle in terms of quality written battles, but I love how it ended in a draw.

Snivy vs Servine- A big cop out if I ever saw one. One hit and Snivy's down, they really want to show Servine as his big bad didn't they? And Trip, SHUT THE **** UP about Snivy still being unevolved. If she doesn't evolve even once I'm fully blaming you, and yes I realize your a fictional character but that's not going to stop me from printing your face and putting it on a punching bag, and beating your picture until it's unrecognisable. This is the second time you mentioned how unevolved Ash's Snivy is, honestly just SHUT UP.

Flashback- As cool as it was to see Alder and his Bouffalant, Trip you're not supposed to make revelations only to the audience. But I still wonder why they didn't show his Volcorona, I thought that was Alder's main Pokemon.

Timburr vs Oshawott- LMAO. Oshawott you are the absolute greatest Pokemon that Ash has ever had. Man that confidence when you shell bladed Timburr for the win, and knew you knocked it out was pure awesome. Please evolve all the way, and redeem the main water types for Ash that didn't evolve.

And LOL at Trip explaining to Ash why Oshawott keeps failing Aqua Jet. Seems rather contradictory.

Tepig vs Vanillite- A slight cop out only because Vanillite's ice attacks were beating fire attacks or tying as well as the battle being rushed as hell. But a tie making the battle a draw was acceptable, though I really wanted Tepig to win, but then I realize Oshawott given its record probably needed the win more than Tepig. Next battle Tepig is in, better be a win. And LOOK Tepig was upset with the loss/tie like usual. I guess that Druddigon loss was an animation fluke then.

I almost forgot. LOL, when the narrator was doing his end of episode spiel, I was like "Wait, what about Cilan?" LOL best ending of an episode, since Ash, Dawn, and Brock forgot Gliscor in the episode where Dawn's Pachirisu got sick. Just LOL.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 12th May 2011 at 12:47 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    *Looks at it's battle against Druddigon*

Well, Ash had one tie, or two with Paul, so I guess it's okay that it was a tie. It was cool to Alder, and to see Bouffulant Debut, even though it was a flashback.
    I was actually going to mention that he didn't feel that way against Druiddigon but I disregarded thinking that he was like, well that was a big dood haha.

dman it was a one episode only I knew it was going to be rushed, they rushed the 6vs6 too, they need to start giving this kind of episodes, two instead of one, I was fine with it though since I knew it was going to be like this and didn't have huge expectations lenght wise.

dman what wrong with the unevolving coment? that how he trains and thinks it should go, Shinji bashed Satoshi pokemons too, Shooti wasn't even bashing anything or calling them weak, he just saying they needed more leveling up(training)...

On another hand Gaiash the unevolved pokemon master should be pissed at him tough, you nah(joking Gaiash don't take this seriously).
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 12th May 2011 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    This episode had its faults (primarily Snivy vs Servine) but I guess most of it was okay. I mean I don't know why but I think the battle portion was just crap. I mean as hilarious as it was I think they focused on lunch too much. The battle was really horribly rushed, not the best written battle in terms of quality written battles, but I love how it ended in a draw.

Snivy vs Servine- A big cop out if I ever saw one. One hit and Snivy's down, they really want to show Servine as his big bad didn't they? And Trip, SHUT THE **** UP about Snivy still being unevolved. If she doesn't evolve even once I'm fully blaming you, and yes I realize your a fictional character but that's not going to stop me from printing your face and putting it on a punching bag, and beating your picture until it's unrecognisable. This is the second time you mentioned how unevolved Ash's Snivy is, honestly just SHUT UP.

Flashback- As cool as it was to see Alder and his Bouffalant, Trip you're not supposed to make revelations only to the audience. But I still wonder why they didn't show his Volcorona, I thought that was Alder's main Pokemon.

Timburr vs Oshawott- LMAO. Oshawott you are the absolute greatest Pokemon that Ash has ever had. Man that confidence when you shell bladed Timburr for the win, and knew you knocked it out was pure awesome. Please evolve all the way, and redeem the main water types for Ash that didn't evolve.

And LOL at Trip explaining to Ash why Oshawott keeps failing Aqua Jet. Seems rather contradictory.

Tepig vs Vanillite- A slight cop out only because Vanillite's ice attacks were beating fire attacks or tying as well as the battle being rushed as hell. But a tie making the battle a draw was acceptable, though I really wanted Tepig to win, but then I realize Oshawott given its record probably needed the win more than Tepig. Next battle Tepig is in, better be a win. And LOOK Tepig was upset with the loss/tie like usual. I guess that Druddigon loss was an aniomation fluke then.

I almost forgot. LOL, when the narrator was doing his end of episode spiel, I was like "Wait, what about Cilan?" LOL best ending of an episode, since Ash, Dawn, and Brock forgot Gliscor in the episode where Dawn's Pachirisu got sick. Just LOL.
    Could not agree more, but did Trip mention that Snivy was unevolved before, I don't remember. I liked the ending too, poor Cilan and Dwebble seemed extra cute in this episode for some reason. About the Gliscor thing, that was when I knew that Gliscor was actually cute, despite it's appearance.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

I liked the Bouffalant vs Haderia action. Too bad Haderia's trainer was a normal guy. And Bouffalant most likely used Head Charge.
    I thought that Trip will use some other attack to counter attract but he used Leaf Tornado.
    Mijumaru winning was the most shocking part of the episode. I thought that they would make Miju lose just to show that Aqua jet needs more work but the matchup was nice.

But the most important part, Alder looked totally awesome. He has the champion vibe around him just like Cynthia.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Could not agree more, but did Trip mention that Snivy was unevolved before, I don't remember.
    he did back when he and Ash had the five on five battle.

Tepig better be next after all this Oshawott business, seriously it pains me to see the pig getting depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    I liked the Bouffalant vs Haderia action. Too bad Haderia's trainer was a normal guy. And Bouffalant most likely used Head Charge.
    I thought that Trip will use some other attack to counter attract but he used Leaf Tornado.
    Mijumaru winning was the most shocking part of the episode. I thought that they would make Miju lose just to show that Aqua jet needs more work but the matchup was nice.

But the most important part, Alder looked totally awesome. He has the champion vibe around him just like Cynthia.
    Yeah he did look cool but they made him seem older in the anime in my opinion, he is still the most badass champ though, him or Lance but I think I like Alder more.

Zard I'm a fellow fire type lover, it pains me too , give the thing some development besides let's run in a threadmill and learn Nitro Charge.

LOL Awe man the ending, best ending Poor Dento! They'll have to do the cleaning for a week to make it up to himXD Glad we got some Trip background here, I'm liking the guy more and more. I was just glad it was a tie this time, I'd have been sad if Ash lost again, maybe next time before the league he can win.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Yeah he did look cool but they made him seem older in the anime in my opinion, he is still the most badass champ though, him or Lance but I think I like Alder more.
    Well Lance was more like a secret agent, being part of G-Men(hope that the name). But Alder, he is kind of, I don't know, raw? He looks like a guy from faraway place training hard for like 20 years showed up out of nowhere, defeated all E4 in one shot each and became the champion. I would really want to see him more. Please writers don't pull a Steven with him.

Did the ending meant that Cilan ate up all the food? Or were they waiting for Ash and Iris. The ending was a little blurry for me.

Yes I like his design, his atitude ingame was pretty cool too, I can't talk about his anime atitude since I haven't seen him besides the flashback which he just seemed like a kind huge badass dude.

dman it was a one episode only I knew it was going to be rushed, they rushed the 6vs6 too, they need to start giving this kind of episodes, two instead of one, I was fine with it though since I knew it was going to be like this and didn't have huge expectations lenght wise.
    Volkner vs Ash was well done, and that was a three on three too. Not to mention this wasn't your typical three on three either.

dman what wrong with the unevolving coment? that how he trains and thinks it should go, Shinji bashed Satoshi pokemons too, Shooti wasn't even bashing anything or calling them weak, he just saying they needed more leveling up(training)...
    Trip wondering why Snivy isn't evolved, reminds me of Casey making the same comment to Ash's Bayleef making Ash say "Bayleef is perfect the way 'she' is."

A trainer taunting a Pokemon about its unevolved state isn't making it any more likely for said Pokemon to evolve. It's actually giving said Pokemon a reason not to evolve.

Especially given Snivy's personality. If it was Tepig, it would evolve just to beat the tar out of Trip's Pokemon, but remember who Snivy is. She doesn't take crap from no one. So it makes her even more unlikely to evolve because Trip is insulting her base form.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Bah so you are scared those coments might mean it won't evolve? ignore it that, seems like you are worried Kiba or whoever else has been making those jokes/comments are going to post something on that regard, ignore that... it's not like I give two shits if you guys think Krokorok will get caught or not, I ignore people when they go biased mode.

Yeah Volkner was fine but it was still pretty rushed, Torterra got koed easly, wich saved them alot of time, just like they did it now with Snivy but yes if they ignored Dent stuff they should have more time, but Dent stuff was actually funny not selling candies and interrupting league battles making them 5secs.

Yeah Volkner was fine but it was still pretty rushed, Torterra got koed easly, wich saved them alot of time, just like they did it now with Snivy but yes if they ignored Dent stuff they should have more time, but Dent stuff was actually funny not selling candies and interrupting league battles making them 5secs.
    Yes I know, the Cilan stuff was funny but they got to the battle way too late, hell I was starting to wonder if the preview lied, since the episode was near almost over and we didn't see any sign of Tepig vs Vanillite until like last two minutes of the episode.

I just wish it started earlier, Snivy actually hits Servine at least once before being OHKO'd, and Vanillite dealing a bit more damage to Tepig for it to be a tie.

So, does this mean Iris is afraid of Ice types like how Misty is afraid of Bug tyoes
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    So, does this mean Iris is afraid of Ice types like how Misty is afraid of Bug tyoes
    Yes, the Misty parallels continue.

Oshawott is starting to grow on me a bit.

Kinda. She doesn't like the cold and mentioned that it could be a trait all people of her hometown share (as the village elder we saw in the flashbacks hates the cold too, apparently). She explained that Dragon types might have "rubbed off" on her, seeing how they're weak to Ice types.

Not 100% sure if I remember this correctly, but I think Trip also made fun of her, saying that if she was like a Dragon type, she should be afraid of Dragon types as well since they also have a disadvantage against their own type.

Kasumi was scared because she didn't like bugs, like some people in real life.

Iris has an aversion to the ice types due to them being strong against Dragon types and her growing up in a Dragon type village kinda makes sense that , that is their biggest fear in terms of battling.

all ash starters have to evolve, i want that happends but now tepig have a strong reason to do it, it have to improve a lot, im afraid snivy is like bulbasaur she is going to prove, that evolve isnt important(hope not) and oshawott was brilliant, i see a strong samurott in the future,

I gotta say, I'm glad Ash beat Trip in this episode. It shows that the writers aren't going to repeat what they did with Ash and Paul. I'm surprised that Trip met Adler when he was a kid; it makes me wonder if Adler will make a future appearance in the series. But what I'm REALLY surprised about is Iris' fear of Vanillite, but from what I'm hearing here, it seems she doesn't like ice pokemon in general. Makes me wonder what will happen when the gang runs into Kyurem.
    Also known as SulliMike23, SullyMike23, and Sullimon311

Quote Originally Posted by WaterTrainer243 View Post
    I gotta say, I'm glad Ash beat Trip in this episode. It shows that the writers aren't going to repeat what they did with Ash and Paul. I'm surprised that Trip met Adler when he was a kid; it makes me wonder if Adler will make a future appearance in the series. But what I'm REALLY surprised about is Iris' fear of Vanillite, but from what I'm hearing here, it seems she doesn't like ice pokemon in general. Makes me wonder what will happen when the gang runs into Kyurem.
    It was a tie, Ash didn't beat Trip.

I have to say, after watching this episode I kinda like trip. He didn't seem to be arrogent and he was actually pretty friendly and helpful.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast