Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Ash and Trip's Third Battle (693)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Dude he pretty much called Oshawott mentally retarded.
    You mean you never noticed before?

Trip sounded especially bitter of Ash in this episode. I kind of liked it. He seems different from Paul. Paul was more quiet, while Trip is open in insulting Ash. And it looks like he has development for the Unova League.

Can't wait for the next episode. It won't be as much of a shock as the japanese episode though.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

I like the fact that Trip is mean but is still helpful. Much different than Gary and Paul.

I also like that Ash tied against his rival. I hope for a short time that Ash surpasses Trip and then Trip surpasses Ash. So at the league it feels more tense on whose winning.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Trip sounded especially bitter of Ash in this episode. I kind of liked it. He seems different from Paul. Paul was more quiet, while Trip is open in insulting Ash. And it looks like he has development for the Unova League.

Can't wait for the next episode. It won't be as much of a shock as the japanese episode though.
    No, Trip is more quiet than Paul for sure.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

still he is abit rude, I agree with Iris that his comment towards Oshawott wasn't necessary.

I'm beginning to think this "Champion's league" is a dub only concept.

Remind me again what happens in this episode?

The title is so confusing...

Anyone notice the Pikachu fade out at the end? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    still he is abit rude, I agree with Iris that his comment towards Oshawott wasn't necessary.

I'm beginning to think this "Champion's league" is a dub only concept.
    Nope. Even Cynthia references it in B/W.

Random : PokéRadar

Fine episode, even if the battle ended up in a draw. Sad to see Snivy lost, though. Trip can be annoying, but at least he's helpful sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Nope. Even Cynthia references it in B/W.
    she said something about it in the original version?

still the way Trip made it sound, you need to beat a regional champion to get into it...which means we ain't likely to see Ash in such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by vipsoccermaster View Post
    Fine episode, even if the battle ended up in a draw. Sad to see Snivy lost, though. Trip can be annoying, but at least he's helpful sometimes.
    I really wish snivy would've shown more emotion losing here specifically, i mean she easily dispatched Servine last time, yet here she gets knocked out effortlessly and doesn't show any emotions whatsoever towards her defeat.

Oshawott showed happiness that it won and Tepig showed it's depression when it tied with the ice cream cone, I mean come on writers would it have killed you to have snivy show some degree of emotion, especially since Trip was downtalking her as well--;

you know seeing Cilan actually lose his temper for once was HILARIOUS! and seeing his rather creepily serene face at the end was funny too!

It's Emergency Time! I hoped that Cilan reacted a bit more explosively but he reacted in such a way to make me laugh either way so I can't complain.

The battle was the interesting trainer battle of 3, 1 v 1 battles. I expected snivy to resist to more than one cut but I suppose snivy could have taken some damage from Servine's other attacks. Snivy didn't show more emotion because she is the 'Big sister' of the group remember? She stays strong for the whole group to keep it together.

Oshawott was the little fighter. Apprehensive at first wanting Pikachu to take the stage but Ash showed he had confidence in him and then he showed confidence in the battle to overcome Timburr with an awesome Razor Shell.

Tepig's battle was very interesting especially Trip taking up Ash's strategy in terms of believing in your pokemon regardless of type advantage (I wonder why). Tepig put up a battle to a barrage of attacks from vanillite and at first I thought he would fall but he came through to get a fantastic draw and a draw for Ash which I think is a fair result.

Good episode, nice pikachu shaped 'hole' with cilan at the end.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

god I loved that palpitoads voice
    .................................................. ......................

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    she said something about it in the original version?

still the way Trip made it sound, you need to beat a regional champion to get into it...which means we ain't likely to see Ash in such a thing.

I really wish snivy would've shown more emotion losing here specifically, i mean she easily dispatched Servine last time, yet here she gets knocked out effortlessly and doesn't show any emotions whatsoever towards her defeat.

Oshawott showed happiness that it won and Tepig showed it's depression when it tied with the ice cream cone, I mean come on writers would it have killed you to have snivy show some degree of emotion, especially since Trip was downtalking her as well--;
    Why do people think it is not possible for Ash to win a regional league?

1.He gets better each time

2.If they follow the game storyline he would have to win the regionals

The Dub of this episode was great, especially Cilan at the end ahaha.

Interesting that they spoke about the Champion League and meeting Alder too.

Oshawott needs to learn how to open it's eyes, Satoshi should get buizel to teach oshawott

Quote Originally Posted by WadeThePokemaster View Post
    Oshawott needs to learn how to open it's eyes, Satoshi should get buizel to teach oshawott
        Spoiler:- bw:

This episode is one of the best ones so far.
    I loved how Iris called Trip a kid, and it was pretty cool finding out about Oshawott's aqua jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    This episode is one of the best ones so far.
    I loved how Iris called Trip a kid, and it was pretty cool finding out about Oshawott's aqua jet.
    trip called iris a kid also

A pretty sweet episode. So Trip was / is a complete fanboy of Alder then [whose design is pretty pimp, if I do say so myself]. And a big facepalm at Oshawott's Aqua Jet strategy... xD

Timburr and Vanillite were coolio too. But thought it was random that the later was knocked out, but Tepig recovered in mere seconds after his 'faint' [does that mean Ash actually won?].

Have to say the title isn't that great in my opinion. I usually don't have much thought on the titles but it just doesn't appeal to me at all.

I enjoyed the episode though.

I love what I heard from Palpitoad, it's voice sounded right for it to me. Vanillite sounded nice too. Timburr's dub voice was nice too. Bouffalant I didn't really get to hear much from, sounded alright of what I heard though. Alder had a nice voice, I figure he'd have a voice somewhat like that.

I liked the Cilan parts but I still think they can improve on the dub for Cilan.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Loved this episode though we haven't had a rival battle end in a tie in a minute.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Just watched this episode, Not bad.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff5000 View Post
    Timburr and Vanillite were coolio too. But thought it was random that the later was knocked out, but Tepig recovered in mere seconds after his 'faint' [does that mean Ash actually won?].
    Unfortunately, it doesn't.

Man that was upsetting.
    I thought Ash won that battle.
    I would be very disappointed if I lost to a Pokemon with a type disadvantage against my Pokemon.

How can you say no to this little one?

Credit goes to:
    Tyranitarquake for the Banner!
    arceusvictini for the Userbar!
    PikaPal_Lyra for the Flying High Icon!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast