Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Ash and Trip's Third Battle (693)

Another battle showing inconsistent skill levels. It seems the writers can't decide whether Trip is stronger than Ash, weaker than Ash, or equal to Ash. This time they chose equal.

Snivy vs. Servine was fine but anyone who looks at how much stamina Tepig showed in his previous victories can see why his draw against a Vanillite is just wrong. Oshawott should have lost. What's the point of training to use Aqua Jet if he can win just as much without it anyway? The battles were also quite boring.

The only parts I liked were the Ash/Iris/Trip interactions, Cilan's reaction to the leaf in his food, and the reason why Aqua Jet misses being revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller2001 View Post
    Shouldn't Ash's Snivy have had the blue background and not the red one, since compared to Ash's and Trip, Trip is more the "evil" one of the two? Because, since in these situations, blue has always signified good and red signifies evil. Or maybe I'm just thinking too much into this and that's not what the writers were gong for...
    Yeah I don't think the background colours mean anything.

I thought that Ash & Trip tying was awful since Trip had won twice against Ash before. Ash didn't deserve to tie. 6/10

I liked seeing Trip again as well as his battle with Ash. Timburr vs Oshawott was so funny and I liked seeing Trip's flashback of when he met Alder and his Bouffalant as well. Iris' reaction to Vanillite was priceless.

Okay episode thanks to Shooti's reappearance and his three versus three match with Satoshi. I wasn't expecting Tsutarja to lose against Janovy, though. I thought Tsutarja would win since she defeated Janovy in the past, and Pokabu versus Vanipeti ending in a draw was yet another Pokabu downfall.

Cool to see Iris be scared of Ice types, it makes sence. Cool to see Timburr and Vanillite. Really glad with the outcome of the battle hopefully in the future Ash will win some more.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789