Thread: Heavy Rain

Default Heavy Rain

A Rain team I'm making- open to all ideas.

Politoed: Unknown! (252 atk, 252 sp, 4 hp)
    Nature:Adament
    Ability: Drizzle

Moveset:
    Belly drum
    Earthquake
    Waterfall
    ?Return?

Power toad. I dont know why I love it... Any who, it rocks. Starts infinite rain- main reason- and it's my lead. Earthquake is the best psychical move... Ever. Deals with most electrics not called rotom or emolga. Waterfall is stab, return is for a high base power. Oh yeah- belly drum= max attack. If I'm fighting someone who sets up, it's perfect. They use a hazard, I use a belly drum, I OHKO. Hopefully.

Alomomola: Leftovers (252 hp, 128 def, 124 sp def)
    Nature:Careful
    Ability:hydration

Moveset:
    Rest
    Toxic
    Aqua jet
    Protect

May replace. Standard staller. Toxic follows by protecting, resting, (with hydration) and if needed if I'm taunted, or I want to finish someone off- Aqua jet. Priority murder... With stab. Easy switch in to a non steel wall. Although most are steels... Eh, it can work! May replace with tornados.

Gyradoes: Choice Band. (252 atk, 252 sp, 4 hp)
    Nature: Adament
    Ability: Intimidate

Moveset:
    Earthquake
    Waterfall
    Ice fang
    Stone edge.

Auto murder. No need for DD- just sweep. Earthquake is for electrics, Waterfall is a soild stab, ice fang murders dragons and grasses, stone edge gets flying types and others. A great switch in to earthquake. Flying is otherwise a type I wsh to get rid off... Pointless on him and he hates thunder. Seriously might replace for a steel. Also- a fighting type switch in. Or any psyichal attacker (Intimidate and flying.)

Toxicroak:Leftovers. (252 atk, 252 hp, 4 spd)
    Ability: Dry skin

Moveset:
    Swords dance
    Sucka Punch
    Drain Punch
    Stone edge

a bulky toad. Also my second frog... Anyway, it sword dances, and then starts seeping. Lefties and Hp Evs + drain punch and attack Evs AND dry skin keeps him a alive for a while. Sucker punch is priority, especially against my friends (who only use damage attacks- and overpowerded legends.). Stone edge is coverage. Only problem is bugs- why I have thundurus. And thank god nobody but me likes bug types. Lol.

Thunderus: (252 sp attack, 252 spd, 4 hp)
    Nature: Whatever I caught it with...
    Ability: Prankster

Moveset:
    Thunder
    Focus Blast
    Nasty Plot
    HP-ice

A classic rain abuser- the thunder kami! Nasty Plot, followed by thunder, focus blast, and HP. He is just a classic sweeper- he doesn't even try to stay alive long. Just long enough to murder a peep. Also- a great counter to other rain teams ( kills steels, waters, toxicroak, ludicolo, etc.). That's... Really his purpose

Quagsire: Leftovers (252 hp, 252 def, 4 hp)
    Ability:Water Absorb
    Nature: Impish

Moveset:
    Earthquake
    Ice punch
    Encore
    Recover

A tank for killing walls... With his own ways to deal damage, gain health, and encore setter uppers. Ice punch is for terrifying grasses, earthquake is... Once again, the best physical attack especially with stab. Might be better then swam pert with it's 2 immunitys for killing electrics and waters. Let's parrararaty!

Basic Plan: Politoed... Drizzles and then trys to sweep- If it fails, who cares...

Alomomola is a bulky water. It toxics, protects, and rests- hydrations pulls it all off, and Aqua jet stops taunt bait or finishes em off.

Gyradoes Full out attacks, and sweeps.

Toxicroak- Dry skin!!! It sword dances, sweeps, and leftovers, dry skin, and drain punch keeps him alive.

Thunderus can kill grasses... Uh, and taunt whimsicott and other stuff. Made to destroy anything grasses!. A attack with 100% accuracy, 180 power, and a 30% chance of paralyzing? HOLY...

Quagsire takes hits like a psysical wall, immune to water and electric, this teams nightmares, its all good.

Please give me tips!
    Last edited by Loreni333; 16th May 2011 at 5:12 AM. Reason: Improving My team with comments.

try tornados over galvantula or thundurus, also why not bulk up on the toxicroak? and I prefer bulky politoed 252 hp 252 def, 4 sp. def

Alomomola is great on paper; but, Hydration Vaporeon is tons better. If you have access, use it instead.
    Bulk Up on Toxicroak would be better. Life Orb could be used, too.
    Swanna gets Hydration (I can't remember if its DW or not, though.) You should definitely get that instead, though (Rest is a given along with Hydration, too.) Also, Hurricane gets 100% Acc. in rain, just so you know.
    You should get a steel type, just because they're good in rain. I have a Hydration Stall team somewhere here (its from a while back.) You should check it out.
    The best tier
    Dasdardly on PO, as well. :3

too many electric weakness's it will help to have a swift swimmer in such as kingdra, armaldo, and kaputops definitely a ground type you cant go wrong with swift swim seismitoad

Quote Originally Posted by uberheracross View Post
    too many electric weakness's it will help to have a swift swimmer in such as kingdra, armaldo, and kaputops definitely a ground type you cant go wrong with swift swim seismitoad
    Swift Swim is banned with Drizzle on the same team. Try finding someone who will play you with those two...

Quote Originally Posted by Loreni333 View Post
    A Rain team I'm making- open to all ideas.

Politoed: Unknown! (252 atk, 252 sp, 4 hp)
    Abilityrizzle

Moveset:
    Belly drum
    Earthquake
    Waterfall
    ?Return?
    Bellytoed, a non standard set. May work, as no one will see it coming, but it will be very easily revenge killed by even things like Heatran. Just warning you, so instead of return, SubSalac (Once its been released of course)?

Alomomola: Unknown! (252 def, 252 sp. def, 4 hp)252 HP/252SpD/4Def
    Nature:???Careful
    Ability:hydration

Moveset:
    Rest
    Toxic
    Aqua jet
    Protect
    Everything alomomola does... Vaporeon does better. Btw, if you do insist on keeping it, 252 HP EVs with a even split in defenses, and a defensive nature will always work out better for you. Oh, I have heard that Hydrorest no longer works... idk, but thats what I've heard.

Gyarados: Life Orb/Choice Scarf/Choice Band(252 atk, 252 spe, 4 hp)
    Nature: AdamantJolly
    Ability: Intimidate

Moveset:
    Dragon dance
    Waterfall
    Ice fang
    Stone edge.
    The electricity is strong in this fried fish. Really recommend getting some variance in your typing... Use Adamant nature with a Choice Band if you really want to back a punch, and bring another move in place of Ddance.

Toxicroak:Leftovers. (252 atk, 252 spe, 4 hp)
    Nature:Adamant
    Abilityry skin

Moveset:
    Swords dance
    Sucker Punch
    Drain Punch
    Stone edge
    Standard... Might want to go 252 HP, but thats just me, as you can really be bulky that way. Max Healing from Lefties+Rain+DPunch

(For lack of a better idea...)
    Galvantula: Unknown! (252 sp attack, 252 spe, 4 hp)
    Nature:Modest
    Ability:Unnerve

Moveset:
    Thunder
    Volt switch
    energy ball
    Bug buzz

I do not see the appeal in galvantula... idk what to do here...

Swanna: Life Orb? (252 atk, 252 def, 4 hp)
    Ability:Keen eyes

Moveset:
    Rain Dance (Back up!)
    Brave Bird
    Roost
    ???
    I see a thunder storm on the horizon, and Thunderus is ready to tear you up (And he is rather popular too.)

Strategy: Politoed... Drizzles and then tries to sweep- If it fails, who cares...

Alomomola is a bulky water. It toxics, protects, and rests- hydrations pulls it all off, and Aqua jet stops taunt bait or finishes em off.

Gyarados dragon dances, and sweeps.

Toxicroak- Dry skin!!! It sword dances, sweeps, and leftovers, dry skin, and drain punch keeps him alive.

Galvantula kills grasses like toxicroakNot a grass type, its Fighting/Dark, beats watersAnd what about Quagsire?, and stops berrys. A attack with 100% accuracy, 180 power, and a 30% chance of paralyzing? Yeah, mayby I should replace it, but for now...Thunder is always a good option for a Rain Team.

Swanna is a heavy attacker. Kills grasses... Oh, I love this bird. Brave Bird, life orb, It sweeps fast and destroys... Wow mayby I need a ground type here. And redos rain if... A tyranitar or vulpix or etc, comes in. Plz rate!
    Why a Vulpix? Ninetales is a better choice...
    Please give me tips!
    Comments in bold
    Consider Torandus/Thunderus. Those guys hit hard and are really strong in rain. Ferrothorn is another good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasdardly View Post
    Alomomola is great on paper; but, Hydration Vaporeon is tons better. If you have access, use it instead.
    Bulk Up on Toxicroak would be better. Life Orb could be used, too.
    Swanna gets Hydration (I can't remember if its DW or not, though.) You should definitely get that instead, though (Rest is a given along with Hydration, too.) Also, Hurricane gets 100% Acc. in rain, just so you know.
    You should get a steel type, just because they're good in rain. I have a Hydration Stall team somewhere here (its from a while back.) You should check it out.
    Also, if you don't have a hydration vaporeon, phione is also a good alternative, as it can actually wall spdef and has much better physical and special attack, and if you get it in 4th gen it can even have heal bell. Unfortunately, Phione does not get tail glow, though.
    My Black fc is 1506 5025 4813 (IGN Squee). My SS fc is 4727 2125 2484 (IGN Squee)
        Spoiler:- DW Females:

I am looking for a modest or timid heatran UT or EV'd in 4th gen or knowing dragon pulse and a modest/timid thundurus UT or EV'd with HP [Ice].
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/2hz7taw.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/k1ph81.png[/IMG]

Hmmm... Thanks guys... hey, mayby I could get quagsire or swampert in replace of swanna? And replace Dragon Dance with earthquake. K i'll edit. I want a vaporeon in replace, but until I get one... Yeah. Anyway, I will replace Galvant with Thunderus. Any good sets... Mayby taking advantage of Prankster? Or anything else? I'll edit it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Fire View Post
    Swift Swim is banned with Drizzle on the same team. Try finding someone who will play you with those two...

Only on smogon servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreni333 View Post
    Hmmm... Thanks guys... hey, mayby I could get quagsire or swampert in replace of swanna? And replace Dragon Dance with earthquake. K i'll edit. I want a vaporeon in replace, but until I get one... Yeah. Anyway, I will replace Galvant with Thunderus. Any good sets... Mayby taking advantage of Prankster? Or anything else? I'll edit it now.
    As for thundurus, practically all of the sets use HP [Ice], so getting one is pretty tough. Now as for the set, here's one good rain set:
    Thundurs @ Life orb/leftovers
    Prankster
    Timid
    252 spd, s52 spatk, 4 def
    -Thunder
    -HP [Ice]
    -Focus Blast/Taunt
    -Nasty Plot

A basic nsty plot sweeper. Thunder because of rain, and you can use modest instead of timid too, but timid is better.
    BTW Thundurus does not get hurricane, so get rid of that on your moveset.
    My Black fc is 1506 5025 4813 (IGN Squee). My SS fc is 4727 2125 2484 (IGN Squee)
        Spoiler:- DW Females:

I am looking for a modest or timid heatran UT or EV'd in 4th gen or knowing dragon pulse and a modest/timid thundurus UT or EV'd with HP [Ice].
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/2hz7taw.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/k1ph81.png[/IMG]

I just thought of something... would this work?

Something with... Hydration and Belly drum and rest... Lol?

For your Ground type, ever think of a bulky Quagsire?

Quagsire@AnnoyTheElectrics
    Leftovers
    WaterAbsorb
    252HP/252Def/4Att
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Recover
    Toxic

This guy is one of the best for Water/rain teams. Yes, there is a 4x weakness to Grass, but when you can completely wall 2 types, who really cares. Basically, switch into powerful Electric/Water move, then Earthquake/Toxic and annoy to your heart's content

just thought of something... would this work?

Something with... Hydration and Belly drum and rest... Lol?
    There is nothing that can have this combination. Sorry dude
    Last edited by Darkrai1117; 14th May 2011 at 9:16 AM.

Already using that set but with an ice punch, not stone edge. Ice punch is for grasses already, so I'm keeping mine. Btw love the Dr. Who sig.

On gyara drop ice fang for DD and go jolly

Also please fix
    Abilityrizzle
    Driving me mad xD

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]

Please read the rules and format your thread properly or this gets locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Please read the rules and format your thread properly or this gets locked.
    Sorry, let me fix the descriptions. It will be done by Tuesday at latest.