Thread: My "Chizzle Drizzle" Team!

Talking My "Chizzle Drizzle" Team!

I decided to revamp my team majorly from the last few critiques I have received and I have found this team to be quite good.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
    Adamant Nature (252 ATT/Speed EVs)
    Ability: Skill Link

Moves:
    -Rock Blast
    -Icicle Spear
    -Ice Shard
    -Shell Smash

A generic Cloyster, to unprepared teams/dragon teams this guy is incredibly deadly. The only way he is ever taken out after he's shell smashed is priority moves or against pokemon that are strong against rock/ice. The sash is obviously to protect him until he has successfully shell smashed. Ice Shard is mostly for a revenge-attack when I know Cloyster is going to die and win speed battles. Against dragons like Salamence/Garchomp, it makes a very good revenge attack before he dies.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature (252 SP. ATT/Speed EVs)
    Ability: Prankster

Moves:
    -Thunder
    -Nasty Plot
    -HP Ice
    -Focus Blast

Thundurus is scary fast, like fast to the point where he out-speeds everything practically. I like Thunder because in Drizzle its accuracy is raised to 100% while its a 120 based move with STAB. Focus Blast is for the annoying Ferrothorn or Tyranitar that tries to get in my way while HP ice is for dragons and other types that threaten him. Nasty Plot is useful because Prankster gives it priority so if they're using a switch-out, I tend to use it to get majorly beefed up.

Politoed @ Chesto Berry
    Calm Nature (252 HP/SP. DEF EVs)
    Ability: Drizzle

Moves:
    -Hydro Pump
    -Rest
    -Substitute
    -Toxic

Politoed, one of my favorites, he is here initially to cast Drizzle and fix the playing field in my favor. You'll notice that despite Thundurus, I really don't need drizzle that much, that's supposed to be the reason. The team's designed to be better with drizzle but not depend on it in the case of a loss in the ever-lasting weather-battle. Hydro Pump is a great move in the rain with STAB while Rest with the Chesto is a great way to heal in case of a hard hit but at the same time, people often try to Spore Toed to sleep so that is another case where the berry finds its usefulness. Toxic/Substitute is merely to stall out tough walls or to hurt pokemon I know will take time dealing with.

Jirachi@ Air Balloon/(Berry that cures Paralysis)/Life Orb/Choice Scarf
    Adamant/Jolly/Calm/Sassy nature? (currently 252 ATT/Speed EVs)
    Ability: Serene Grace

Moves:
    -Iron Head
    -Ice Punch
    -ThunderPunch
    -Fire Punch/Body Slam?

I absolutely love Jirachi from the moment I saw the movie to this generation where he's easily on an uber level even if Smogon does not recognize it. Despite it being my favorite, it is my most confusing. I love Iron Head for the 60% flinch while the punches offer great type coverage and can hurt almost all types in at least one way. I am stuck on Body Slam because the 3 times Jirachi has died, it has been because it was paralyzed and then out-sped and killed. I have CONSIDERED Body Slam for the purpose of paralyzing fast opponents while Fire Punch (sometimes before, sometimes after) drizzle offers great coverage for fire-weak (Ferrothorn, Scizor, etc) pokemon. The items confuse me because in Drizzle, with an Air Balloon, Jirachi's weaknesses are neutralized while the threat of paralysis lingers. While a berry to cure paralysis would be useful, then Jirachi is weak to Earthquake which is common. Life Orb I've never used but the increased attack seemed useful. Choice Scarf is mostly for spamming Iron Head and out-speeding everything and trying to win through continuous flinching.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
    Relaxed Nature (252 HP/Attack EVs)
    Ability: Guts

Moves:
    -Earthquake
    -Drain Punch
    -Mach Punch
    -Bulk Up

I enjoy Conkeldurr because I underestimated his value while he has proved to be one of the best fighting walls I have seen. His excessive fighting provides great coverage to Tyranitar and others dragons (Hydreigon, etc), while Earthquake is there for type coverage. In Triple battles/Double battles I place him next to Latios so his Earthquake only harms my opponents. Bulk Up is to get stronger obviously, which I do if my opponent is wasting their time on my other pokemon. Mach Punch is to revenge-attack Hydreigon/Tyranitar, etc before he dies and to win speed-battles when one hit decides it. The flame orb is to take advantage of Guts which makes him deadly. He can currently survive 2 psychic/flying moves while the second move kills him. That's where Drain Punch comes in. I typically try to kill 2-3 pokemon with Conkeldurr and with my opponents that I have faced before, its a surprise adjustment.

Latios @ Focus Sash/Life Orb?
    Timid Nature (252 SP. ATT/Speed EVs)
    Ability: Levitate

Moves:
    -Psychic
    -Thunderbolt
    -Dragon Claw
    -Ice Beam

I love Latios simply because it is one of my favorite pokemon. It is almost never out-sped because of its fast speed, making it the fastest of the Eon pair. Psychic is for its great attack and STAB (as is Dragon Claw for its high crit-ratio, STAB, and effectiveness against dragons). Thunderbolt is to deal with annoying water types and other threats (Charizard, etc). Ice Beam is to deal with Dragon and Grass types because it is almost always 2x/4x when I face either of those types. I prefer Focus Sash because of Latios doesn't 1HKO, he's 1HKO'ed very easily while Life Orb is good for its increased attack :/

ALTERNATE STRATEGY:

Gorebyss @ Focus Sash
    Timid Nature
    Ability: Doesn't matter

Moves:
    -Shell Smash
    -Baton Pass
    -Filler
    -Filler

I have though about a baton-pass shell smash Gorebyss to baton-pass shell smash onto Jirachi or Conkeldurr or Thundurus. I prefer Jirachi but all 3 are deadly with a buff like this. It's difficult for me because then I would want a white herb or something to try and fix the defensive stat-lowering and the question for me is what pokemon I would replace. It's hard because if this strategy fails, then I've basically wasted a slot that could be used as an offensive attacker. Criticisms are appreciated.

That's my team folks, suggestions are welcome and appreciated. If pokemon have to be pulled, please try to recommend a new one and (as I'm a stupid person,) provide just some base reason so I can see on the page as you. Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by WhiteWisper; 15th May 2011 at 8:47 PM.

If you want something to pair well with Shell Smashers you need a Daul Screener. Jolly on Jirachi.
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself...where the heck is the ceiling?
    -Anonymous

DW Females:

Wanted: UT Jolly/Timid Uxie. Preferably Timid.
    DW Female Tyrogue or DW Jolly Tyrogue.

My Current Team: (I like to make lots.)

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=519126

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameSayWha? View Post
    If you want something to pair well with Shell Smashers you need a Daul Screener. Jolly on Jirachi.
    I'm never one for defense really, what's so good about it exactly? I figured after I shell smashed, focus sash would save gorebyss long enough to baton pass to Jirachi and after that, gg.

With all the Rocks around, Focus Sash is almost always broken.
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself...where the heck is the ceiling?
    -Anonymous

DW Females:

Wanted: UT Jolly/Timid Uxie. Preferably Timid.
    DW Female Tyrogue or DW Jolly Tyrogue.

My Current Team: (I like to make lots.)

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=519126

Payback over earthquake on conk, if you get hit that turn (which is more than likely) then it has the same base power plus it gives perfect coverage with fighting <3.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

Put white herb on gorebyss so you don't pass negative stat changes. Usernamesaywhat is right, your focus sash will be broken unless you lead with it, which is an interesting alternative. Why are you running dragon claw on a special attacking latios? You already have ice beam to take care of dragons anyway. Putting hidden power fire on it over dragon claw can stop ferrothorn and scizor who wall you otherwise. It is a possiblity to put lefties on Conkeldurr, so you can absorb status, but flame orb is more reliable. If you want body slam, put it over thunderpunch, as every type thunderpunch hits supereffectively is hit neutrally with iron head. If you are afraid of status, run substitute over fire punch, which is halved in the rain. You could run this guy as a lead to paralyze their lead, then paraflinch them to death, and keep fire punch so you can use it before drizzle.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by cheeselord View Post
    Payback over earthquake on conk, if you get hit that turn (which is more than likely) then it has the same base power plus it gives perfect coverage with fighting <3.
    I mostly had EQ to counter stuff like Heatran and others ground-weak pokemon because as you can see, my team lacks type coverage of any good amount.

Fighting and dark is literaly perfect coverage... You can get a neutral hit on every pokemon in the game.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by cheeselord View Post
    Fighting and dark is literaly perfect coverage... You can get a neutral hit on every pokemon in the game.
    I suppose that works but I'll have to get EQ on my team somehow then.