Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Memento Mori: Even Gods Must Die Discussion Thread

Default Memento Mori: Even Gods Must Die Discussion Thread

Approved by Psychic

Memento Mori: Even Gods Must Die Discussion

Main Thread: http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=518826

Sign-Up Thread: http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=517791

Alright, so here's where you'll, obviously, discuss.

This is going to be a little different, because when discussing what to do in the RPG, you'll be discussing what your characters will do, (for example, if I give you a choice between stealing the flute and getting it diplomatically. I use this example a lot...) so this may sometimes phase into In-Character.

Rules:

1. ONLY, discuss this RPG. No off-kilter comments, no random one-liners. This thread is for questions and discussions only.

2. OOC comments go here now. Leave-of-absences, etc. will go here.

3. That's pretty much... all of the rules. Except for standard forum rules of course.
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

Ok, Niihyl, I guess I'll be the first to post with a question. Which, if you can't answer due to spoilers, I understand.

Ok, I assume that we will be returning to the future at some point, right? Because if we do, I'll just meet back up with Flygon there, if not, I'll find him sometime before we set off to Sunyshore, or shortly after we depart.
    Last edited by Guywhoiam; 14th May 2011 at 7:13 AM. Reason: Sunyshore has one "n"
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter Tumblr

We will return to the future, when we find the flute. Not really a spoiler, since I think I mentioned it. If not... still not a spoiler.

Now I've got to begin imagining past-Sunyshore. Scrafty gangstas?

Another question. We can catch Pokemon here, in the past right? I thought of having Davis catch a Zoroark.

<<< Yea I kick butt. Care to battle me? JOIN FIRST.

Credits to Nakashima.

Sky Reaper Clan. Join us now.

Alright then, I won't see Flygon again until present day.

I'd say sure to the Scrafty gangstas, but Scrafty do not live in Sinnoh. Hm. What could we use? Bidoof stampede? Some Drifloon and Drifblim that try to snatch our people up? But if you can come up with a good reason for Scrafty to be there, then by all means, do that.
    Twitter Tumblr

@MudkipsAreAwesome

Only catch Zoroark if it's actually in the nearby Pokemon list. I doubt Zoroark would just be wandering through Sinnoh. Don't worry... they'll make an appearance...

Also, you're overpowering Hydreigon a bit too much. Stop making it easily destroy everything... Limit it somehow...

@guywhoiam

Alright. Heh, I can totally picture Scrafty Gangstas. "My 'fro is bigger den youse!"

Now I just need to fit them in...

Everyone

This thread can also be used for conversations between characters. Because of the post limit and rules against bunnying, having deep, long conversations can be difficult. You may initiate In-Character conversations. This shouldn't be abused. The conversations can't be inane (my favorite food is...) and meaningless. Only use this thread that way if you are going to discuss an in-world RPG issue, are going to expand on your character's history, etc. To forward the plot. That doesn't mean this is a chat thread. Standards are just as high.

If you are going to talk with someone, notify them through VM or something.
    Last edited by Niihyl; 14th May 2011 at 7:54 AM.

Oy, will we be going after Arceus right when we get back to the present? because that would make the RP kind of short...
    98% of teens won't stand up for God.
    Be one of the 2% that will, copy this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed93 View Post
    lxdarknessxl ~ The Invincible Asian PKMN

A pokemon which cannot be destroyed, it claims the reason for this to be that it is 'too asian'. It becomes enraged when it's heritage is questioned.
    lol, tumbleweed93 knows me too well.

@lxdarknessxl

... Don't ask questions about the plot please. I don't know if that's spam or not, but I know what I'm doing.

Oh, okay. I only asked because it seems everyone has something in their characters that must happen after they return to the present, and I'm not sure if we can fit them all in while just going to Arceus.

A pokemon which cannot be destroyed, it claims the reason for this to be that it is 'too asian'. It becomes enraged when it's heritage is questioned.

Ha, no worries. And... Okay, I think that the teams going to Sunyshore are:

Mariana, Halt (They have a map)

Rose, Davis (Probably doomed to wander forever. Lost Boy and Fan Girl!)

Musica, Lilith (Probably more likely to survive than above two)

Marcus (Walked away into the mountains, and is battling a kid with a Skitty... 0.o)

Guy, Tensei, Haru, Ironbeak, Alisa (haven't posted yet)

I think that's everyone. I think maybe slowing down a little would be good. We post fast and move really, really quick...

What I read in my head about the teams:

Showoffs
    Failures
    Pranksters
    Loner
    Nobodies

jk XD we should get posting, though. I'm like, the only active one.

^ Posts like that can be VM'd. Save this thread for questions and discussions.

There are a few active people. Posting once a day is pretty active. Posting several times a day isn't necessary. One good long post can be as good as several short posts. (I make several short posts myself, but still...)

I think we should slow down a little. We need the others to catch up otherwise it would just be unfair.

So you just have to wait for a day or two or three to see what happens.
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

But they may never post, is what I am thinking. I mean, I see some of the people posting in other threads, and even other RPs. I think they have just abandoned us. So, if we have too, the GM can take control of them. Still, I am in favor of waiting a day. But anymore than that would be a waste of time, in my opinion.
    Twitter Tumblr

Alright, we'll wait a day or so. The RPG has progressed pretty fast. We'll wait a day or so.

(Sigh... Ariados might die... Killed me to write that. Kind of childish of me, but I like happy endings...)

Quote Originally Posted by Guywhoiam View Post
    But they may never post, is what I am thinking. I mean, I see some of the people posting in other threads, and even other RPs. I think they have just abandoned us.
    Yeesh, the game's only been up for what, three days? I have two jobs irl that keep me pretty occupied, and most everyone else likely has school, homework, even exams. I don't think it'd fair to jump to conclusions when the thread has only been up for so long. Niihyl, thanks for your patience.

If worst comes to worst and someone doesn't respond for a week, the GM can take care of it and ensure the character get to where everyone else is going. If the RPer returns, they can take back control and finish catching up. Worst case scenario they got lost/died in the mountains in the past, I suppose.

On another note, what I had been thinking for Ironbeak initially was that, after the explanation from the Staravia, she would try to find the rest of the group to share what she had learned (and she could be caught up on what happened with the Priests). Then they could all coordinate their next plan, or at least their journey together. Unfortunately, the RP's moving so quickly that half the group has split up into even smaller groups. Strength in numbers, anyone? The only reason to split up would be if different people were looking for different things or had different tasks, but we're all headed in the same direction anyway, so what's the point?

Well, either way Ironbeak has the advantage that she can fly long distances, so worst case scenario you guys can bug her into passing on information, locating all group members, and helping people through the mountains.

Ironbeak may not be a team player, but she can be pretty useful. Plus she thinks that there's a reason she's the "only" Pokemon, which will make her feel more valuable and willing to work as a team as the RP progresses.

~Psychic
    Last edited by Psychic; 15th May 2011 at 7:30 AM.

I didn't mean to seem impatient, but I guess that's how it sounded. I'm just college student with no job who's classes have ended. I've lost track of time, and it already feels like it's been two weeks since we started this. Again, I didn't mean to sound impatient, and since I did, I apologize to everyone.

And, you know, Psychic, you could always have Ironbeak round us up somehow. None of us have actually left the area yet.
    Twitter Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Guywhoiam View Post
    I didn't mean to seem impatient, but I guess that's how it sounded. I'm just college student with no job who's classes have ended. I've lost track of time, and it already feels like it's been two weeks since we started this. Again, I didn't mean to sound impatient, and since I did, I apologize to everyone.

And, you know, Psychic, you could always have Ironbeak round us up somehow. None of us have actually left the area yet.
    XD Fair enough, I know what it's like to have a lot of spare time on your hands. I wish I had more of it, personally. :S

Hm, in theory I suppose I could try, though she doesn't necessarily want to be running around fetching everyone. At this point she still rather dislikes all these young'uns running around like Psyduck with their heads chopped off (...her words, not mine XD). But it sounded like a bunch of characters were already through the woods at least, getting into different battles and whatnot? And some of them seemed pretty set on separating?

Anyhow, I shall look into it further tomorrow, but I think I can make your suggestion work. :>

~Psychic

Everyone wandered off, so there wasn't much choice as to sticking together. (I can't and don't want to ABSOLUTELY control what the RPers do.)

Either way, we'll wait a day or so, let everyone catch up, and get back to it. To prevent people from being too bored, I think I'll pull a "night falls", make camp GM post, where everyone stops, converses, and we deepen our characters. That way, the everyday posters get to expand their characters. And the others get a chance to catch up. What do you think?

I like that idea. But, I didn't think everyone has actually wandered off. Sure, we may not be in a group anymore, but everyone is still close enough that Ironbreak could round us up. Or something.
    Twitter Tumblr

Hey, sorry I haven't posted in awhile (very busy irl) and while I won't be able to post until maybe 7+ hours, where do you want Haru to be at? For now, I think I'll just have her stalk you guys until she can figure out where the other Celebi went (which currently won't happen) or figure out what year she is in and see if she can use it to her advantage.

@guywhoiam

Actually, looks like everyone else is still on daytime, so I think just waiting it out and letting everyone catch up is better... Sorry man.

Anywho, I'll either post tonight, or tomorrow night, depending on how many people have posted.

@BlueRose

Haru should just kinda stalk us. She came on accident, so isn't really part of the Anti-Arceus Armada. (Also known as the AAA). You role-play your character as you see fit. Try and join up with us somehow.

Hmmm... Not that many people have posted. Should we give it another day? Or maybe I should post the next GM post, and give everyone a lot of time to get to Sunyshore? After all, the RPG has only been up for a few days...
    Last edited by Niihyl; 16th May 2011 at 2:07 AM.

I got a question that I am really confused about. Beofre I post in the RPG, is Davis with the group? Or is he still in the village?

<<< Yea I kick butt. Care to battle me? JOIN FIRST.

Credits to Nakashima.

Sky Reaper Clan. Join us now.

He joined up with the group a loooong time ago. =P

Davis is with the group. As lxdarknessxl said.

Alright everyone on with the "Campfire" reprieve. We'll wait one more day, and when I make my GM post, everyone may continue on with their story. Until then, expand your characters' details, pasts, lives.

People who haven't posted, do so soon, even if it's a short "I joined up with the group post"! You can still join the group later, but we'll be moving fairly quickly. (Make sure to obey the 200 word limit though. "I am here", isn't a good enough post.

Oh noes, we have a traitor! Find out where he lives! TP his house!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast