Thread: OU Competitive RMT

Default OU Competitive RMT

Ok, so i am still trying to come up with a good, almost perfect (no team is truly perfect) team, and am still fine tuning this up, so any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Heatran@Air Balloon
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Modest Nature
    4 hp/252 sAtk/252 spd

Fire Blast
    Earth Power
    Stealth Rock
    Dragon Pulse

Heatran is a beast. It is able to set up stealth rocks AND potentially sweep? Yes please! Starts with stealth rock, then sweeps with either fire blast, which is its most powerful attack with stab, or earth power to hit rock types, and dragon pulse to hit any dragon type.

Latios@Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    Timid Nature
    4 hp/252 sAtk/252 spd

Dragon Pulse
    Surf
    HP Fire
    Psyshock

Latios is another special sweeper, and it does a good job at it. Life orb allows it to get enough power to get a 2 or 3HKO, if not a 1HKO. Draco Meteor is its most powerful attack, allowing for a 1HKO on its first use against many pokemon. Surf hits a lot of things hard, rocks, ground, fire. HP fire hits steel types, and super effective on many leads and anti-leads. Psyshock to hit special walls and for stab.

Reuniclus@Leftovers
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Bold Nature
    252 hp/252 def/4 sAtk

Psychic/Psyshock
    Focus Blast
    Calm Mind
    Recover

Reuniclus is a sleeping beast that has recently been awakened. It can come in, absorb a leech seed, toxic, or burn. Psychic allows it to hit with its strongest stab, but psyshock hits hard on special walls with a strong stab. Focus blast hits steels and dark types, both of which resist psy-chic/shock. Calm mind bulks it up, and recover allows it to heal. got the right one now, currently training, so you can NOW post suggestions for him

Cloyster@Life Orb/Kings Rock
    Ability: Skill Link
    Jolly Nature
    32 hp/252 atk/224 spd

Shell Smash
    Icicle Spear
    Rock Blast
    Razor Shell

Cloyster is my physical attacker, and it lives up to it. I know many of you will say "replace focus sash with kings rock for the flinch, etc etc" but hear me out. i know it isnt too good against sandstorm teams, but it needs the focus sash. It allows him to successfully set up shell smash and, if he hasnt been hit yet, set up another one. after that, it sweeps with either icicle spear (main stab), rock blast for coverage that icicle spear wont hit, and razor shell to hit steel types.

Landorus@Life Orb
    Ability: Sand Force
    Jolly Nature
    4 hp/252 atk/252 spd

Swords Dance
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Outrage

Oh, landorus, what a powerhouse you are! Because of the jolly nature, it can outspeed a lot of sweepers, and with the combined force of swords dance, life orb, and possibly sand force, it can pretty much ruin any team. SD for a major power boost, earthquake for a powerful stab, stone edge to hit levitators and flying types. Switched to outrage, would have went with hammer arm, but i didnt like the lowered speed (plus, couldnt find anything that it would take care of that a SD'd earthquake couldnt

Conkeldurr@Leftovers
    Ability: Guts
    Adamant Nature
    120 hp/252 atk/136 sDef

Bulk Up
    Mach Punch
    Drain Punch
    Stone Edge/Payback

Conkeldurr is another sleeping beast, and a great absorber of statuses. It is also a good tank for my team, seeing as how i never had a fighting type on. Bulk up does exactly what its called (funny, isnt it?). Mach punch hits for priority, something it really needs. Drain punch allows it to heal, continuing its destruction. Payback hits psychic types. I went with this because flying types are blocked by other members on my team.

Well, theres my team, tell me what to fix, and i will try to

Edits are in BOLD
    Last edited by darkrai's_shadow; 14th May 2011 at 9:04 PM. Reason: found walls...

^(gotten from rayquaza is green)^

With Swords Dance on Landorus, U-Turn is not a good idea. Were you waiting for someone to reply?
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself...where the heck is the ceiling?
    -Anonymous

DW Females:

Wanted: UT Jolly/Timid Uxie. Preferably Timid.
    DW Female Tyrogue or DW Jolly Tyrogue.

My Current Team: (I like to make lots.)

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=519126

well, thanks for the reply i think people actually start saying stuff after someone else posts first
    Edits have been made, look for the bolds

How about the item clause (you can’t have 2 of the same item)? In that case, give landorus a lum berry to cure confusion after outrage.

White Fc:
    0261 0212 6233
    Name: NICK

I Need:
    Jolly DW Dratini with 31 IV in attack and speed (or flawless) EGGMOVES: Extreme Speed.
    Brave, Flawless (0 speed IV) DW Likckitung

CAN BE RNG'd or CLONED

Offering any 4th gen pokemon (flawless, EV'd)
    DISCLAIMER: I get my Pokemon from an RNGer and the pokemon MAY be cloned.

99% of the people on this forum know what a pokemon is. If you are part of this 99%, copy and paste this into your sig. - Started by dragonite0217

I will not be active for a while, on vacation.

For Cloyster: Yes Focus Sash will be no help on the slower pokemon you'll only be able to set up! Don't care about your argument kings rock done!

Most of the sets, Evs, natures look good. Looks like a good team, but replace Mach punch on the conkeldurr set for more coverage. Use Payback you can counter the psychics the most pesky weakness of his..those reunicluses...Anyways you could also try bulk up if you plan to survive long enough with him to set up.

I like this team..lots of fast paced action. Only one thing that could serve as a Wall (Reunicles). Pretty much just sweep, you have a variety of types, which is good, but pretty basic stuff.
        Spoiler:- Favorite Pokes:

Spoiler:- What am I?:

Quote Originally Posted by hallstromjr View Post
    I like this team..lots of fast paced action. Only one thing that could serve as a Wall (Reunicles). Pretty much just sweep, you have a variety of types, which is good, but pretty basic stuff.
    actually, i went without walls and instead went with tanks, conkeldurr and reuniclus (first time, truthfully )

and dragonite, i have seen gym leaders use more than one of the same item, and thats all i use these teams for, the item clause only applies for the battle subway, and if i do that, i just switch to something else.

EDIT: I have been thinking about a good wall that people dont really consider to be a wall, so give me feedback on this, and if its good, i will implement it into my team (just realized it has the same nature and ev spread as reuniclus :P)

Virizon@Leftovers
    Ability: Justified
    Bold Nature
    252 hp/252 def/4 sDef (or sAtk)

Calm Mind
    Giga Drain
    Focus Blast
    Substitute

It can serve as a pretty good wall, putting up substitutes, calm minding, and healing with giga drain and leftovers. it can also switch in to dark type moves, and then destroy dark types with focus blast.

Again, just barely thought of this, so help me with this if possible (truth be told, i actually like the look of it)
    Last edited by darkrai's_shadow; 16th May 2011 at 4:34 AM.

sorry to bump this, but i need help on this virizion (and of course other members of the team)

Iron Fist over Guts on Conkeldurr?

um, currently not able to go on dream world (computer not updated to do it) so i cant get iron fist, and without guts, it cant switch into statuses, which is one of the reasons i chose it

Quote Originally Posted by darkrai's_shadow View Post
    Virizon@Leftovers
    Ability: Justified
    Bold Nature
    252 hp/252 def/4 sDef (or sAtk)

Calm Mind
    Giga Drain
    Focus Blast
    Substitute
    That Virizion has an easily wall-able STAB. When you get wrecked by Dragonite/Celebi/Reuniclus you'll be sorry. Virizion doesn't have the offenses to be a bulky booster anyway, so instead go with a full-on offensive variant. It'll also keep the general momentum of this team.

Virizion @ Leftovers
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Focus Blast
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

With this set you'll be able to hit much harder. The aforementioned threats are now dealt with by Hidden Power Ice. You already scoff at rain teams, so the extra bulk you had on your last set wasn't that useful. If you want a slightly more power, you could go with Life Orb as your item, but you'll have less survivability, especially with the prevalence of sand in the current metagame.

Reuniclus: Psyshock over Psychic. This way you'll be able to defeat other Reuniclus who would otherwise give you trouble.

Latios: Choice Specs over Life Orb. Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse. You'll be hitting like a truckload harder and won't wear down as quickly. The SpAtk drop doesn't matter since you should probably be switching out anyway.

hmm, good idea (the virizon set allows me to not have to use another leftovers that i dont have on another team...) i will definitely try that

Maybe you could run a Physical Virizon:
    Virizon @ Leftovers
    252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Jolly
    Swords Dance
    Leaf Blade
    Sacred Sword/Close Combat
    Stone Edge

When most people think of this guy they think special and switch to something that'll counter it. But, a physical set does ****load of damage. I ran into this one time and it absolutely wiped me out. I had no idea what to do about because as soon as it Swords Danced I was done. It's just another thing to think about..

just a quick thing, i suggest psychic over psyshock on reuniclus even if blissey comes in you can calm mind and focus blast it

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyx View Post
    just a quick thing, i suggest psychic over psyshock on reuniclus even if blissey comes in you can calm mind and focus blast it
    No cuz Psyshock attacks Blisseys lackluster..excuse me..absolutely horrific defence. Thats what its for..and for other high Specially Defensive pokemon. It does alot more than you would think.

yeah, i will go with that, and i like the look of that virizion, i might use that too

You don't have any mixed attackers currently. Skarmbliss or Ferrojelli could completely ruin your day. They could simply switch in and out, and if jellicent has acid armor, or any setting up, your screwed. You can't resist the surf and icebeam combo aside from cloyster, and many of your pokes are weak to it. Shadow ball and surf is unresisted, and many of your pokes take signifigant damage from this as well. You can fix this by making your latios mixed, it's actually very effective. Outrage/Dragon Dance/Hidden Power Fire/Earthquake works well. Not many people see the mixed set coming.