Thread: Community POTW #20

Threaded View

I've got a few more

Curselix(revised)

Steelix@Life Orb /w/Sheer Force
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
    IV's: 0 Spe

~Gyro Ball/Iron Tail/Heavy Slam/Dragon Tail/Fire Fang/Ice Fang/Thunder Fang/Sleep Talk/Rest/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Return
    ~Gyro Ball/Iron Tail/Heavy Slam/Dragon Tail/Fire Fang/Ice Fang/Thunder Fang/Sleep Talk/Rest/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Return
    ~Curse

This set is only to be used on a trick room team. After you set up a curse (after setting up trick room) you'll be outspeeding basically everything. With base 30 speed, gyro ball will be always doing lots of damage, as well as being STAB, although it is not good against bulky waters. Dragon tail if you want to force switches, elemental fangs for better coverage, stone edge for type coverage, earthquake for STAB, or rest/sleep talk if you want recovery.

Here's my first one:

I wall you unless you are water...

Onix@Eviolite /w/ Sturdy
    Nature: Impish
    EV's: 252 Hp, 4 Def, 252 Spd

~Stealth Rocks
    ~Rest
    ~Toxic
    ~Protect

With eviolite, onix gets massive defense, so there is no need to run EV's there, max HP plus max Spd means that it can take hits from both sides of the spectrum. Rest is it's only means of recovery, so it basically has to be included. Entry hazards are always nice, and you can set them up or toxic your opponents switch, depending on what pokes where in the team preview. Toxic is basically the only way for onix to inflict some signifigant damage, and protect works in conjunction with this, letting you scout your opponents moveset while stalling them out.

Resto/Chesto

Steelix@Chesto Berry /w/Sturdy
    EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Spd

~Rest
    ~Rock Polish
    ~Thunder Fang/Fire Fang/Ice Fang/Iron Head/Iron Tail/Dragon Tail/Stone Edge/Earthquake
    ~Thunder Fang/Fire Fang/Ice Fang/Iron Head/Iron Tail/Dragon Tail/Stone Edge/Earthquake

This set is meant for you to switch in on a physical attacker. You can set up a rock polish well they switch, then hit their switch hard. Thanks to sturdy, you only need to pull off a 2HKO (although you may want to lead with him as rocks may ruin your day), and then you can proceed with your sweep. Rest is to get off status as well as bringing you back to sturdy, which is awesome. The last three moves are whatever fits your team.

Fail/Flail

Steelix@Silk Scarf /w/Sturdy
    EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Spd

~Flail
    ~Rock Polish
    ~Thunder Fang/Fire Fang/Ice Fang/Iron Head/Iron Tail/Dragon Tail
    ~Thunder Fang/Fire Fang/Ice Fang/Iron Head/Iron Tail/Dragon Tail

Basically you try to get a flail sweep. Really ruined by priority, and stealth rocks, but you can bring it in late game. You can use some of your other moves if you like, consider this a regular sweep. And when a bulky water comes in, FLAILFLAILFLAIL!!!

I have more, but I have to go.
    Last edited by 365pokemon; 16th May 2011 at 9:52 PM.