Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Community POTW #20

can we do a good POTW leavanny, steelix, swalot, come on. How about Vocarona, Lucario, Accelgor, Druddigon, Escavalier, Scizor also stick to gen 5 all gen 4 is already done nobody cvares

My take I've been using since Gen 4.

Steelix@Leftovers
    Sturdy
    Sassy(+Sp. Def, -Spd)
    252 HP, 196 Sp. Def, 60 Def

Earthquake
    Gyro Ball
    Curse
    Stealth Rock

The lead set I use is a variant of a Curse-lix set. Sassy Nature because its Defense is already high enough, and needs that extra Sp. Defense to protect it from those Special Water moves. Curse brings up its Attack and Defense, while harshly reducing speed. This is good, it not only brings up the power of Earthquake and Gyro Ball, it gives the latter a boost from reduced speed. Stealth Rock is self explanatory on a lead set. Hope you liked it.
    Black FC: 2451-4377-5992

Updated-June 23, 2011

Spoiler:- My Trading Rules-:

Spoiler:- Looking For-:

That will be all.

@Sturdy is useless, it's not. It's a free Focus Sash.
    @Gravity Sweeper, Nidoking hits harder, has a better movepool, etc. Yes I'm talking Blizzard + Earthquake.
    @Up, stop reposting.
    @Less harsh on POTW, Nah that's what makes the analysis special and not like Smogon's.
    Ignore, thanks.

I hear most people complaining about his low special defense and crap. First off, this is a discussion forum, not a complain and rant about the pokemon forum, and second, if you really hate steelix now, who knows that he's not going to get an evolution in gen 6 or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Mendatt View Post
    I hate to bother, but I'd like to point out that it's quite possible that Steelix will never be available with both Iron Head and Sheer Force. One of them is only available in gen 4, and the other one only exists in gen 5.
    Just pointing this out to anyone who looked at SomeoneIGuess's post and was planning on making a Sheer Force set with Iron Head, Iron Tail is probably more sensible. Kind of late, I know.
    Huh. Can't believe I missed that about Iron Head, too...

As usual i thought about another set first i had a though no one made the spec attack steelix i know its poor in that regard but it will catch perople off guard right. anyway im not going to do it either just thought i would mention it.
    Cursed Bolt Beam Fang style AGAIN!
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature Adamant
    Ev's 252 attack 252 Defence 252 Sp defence 4
    Ice Fang
    Thunder Fang
    Curse
    Gyro Ball

Pretty Self explanatory Life orb for power Cure for extra attack and defence while upping gyro with lower speed Ice and Thunder fang for perfect coverage
    Moveset extrordanaire just ask if you want assistance
    Owner of the CK general chat channel on Purplesurge leave me a post if ya want info :-)

FINALLY GOT A CLAIM...
    All Munchlax are mine!

Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch...

Here's my opinion

Stealix @ leftovers

Thief
    Earthquake
    Sleep Talk
    Rest

Rest-Talk is here again. Recovery can be tough with competitive battling since you can't use items. Leftovers and Rest-Talk is helpful. Earthquake is for STAB.
    And thief to take care of pesky psychic types and if you want to steal some items from wild Pokemon. This is wild and competitive battling right here for you. And about that thief, if you do use it, try to snatch some lucky eggs from chansey.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Oh and for another time, i'm not begging, but maybe you could have Porygon-Z if you don't already have it.

365 pokemon steelix wont get an evolution think of th eviolite...

I can see the line getting a baby pokemon, but not a new evolution. It evolves by trade already, remember.

...Just gonna sneek in here.

I regret what I've said about everything, and after a day-or-two thinking about, I'll just kind of stop posting for Steelix. I'll be "Back" the next POTW which is... Day after tomorrow. I was already gone for a while, but... Eh.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Quote Originally Posted by frogofdoom555 View Post
    Here's my opinion

Stealix @ leftovers

Thief
    Earthquake
    Sleep Talk
    Rest
    attling right here for you. And about that thief, if you do use it, try to snat
    Rest-Talk is here again. Recovery can be tough with competitive battling since you can't use items. Leftovers and Rest-Talk is helpful. Earthquake is for STAB.
    And thief to take care of pesky psychic types and if you want to steal some items from wild Pokemon. This is wild and competitive bch some lucky eggs from chansey.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Oh and for another time, i'm not begging, but maybe you could have Porygon-Z if you don't already have it.
    uhh... you can't steal an item while you hold an item too... I f you want a damage only, go with Crunch.

I can see the line getting a baby pokemon, but not a new evolution. It evolves by trade already, remember.
    Anythings possible. Oh, or onix could get a side evolution that works via an evolution stone.

Quote Originally Posted by 365pokemon View Post
    Anythings possible. Oh, or onix could get a side evolution that works via an evolution stone.
    Like what I mean I could possibly see a lave Evolution but I don't think it would be good or is even likely... What this line needs to have a tier jump is a move pool enhancement(also known as reliable recovery)
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

There is literally NOTHING Evolite Onix does better than Evolite Rhydon besides being a bit faster.

Ahah, thought of another one!

You like dat? Yeah, that's my tail foool
    Item: Muscle Band
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Rock Head/ Sturdy
    Moves:
    Iron Tail
    Aqua Tail
    Dragon Tail
    Rock Polish/ Autotomize/ Stealth Rock/ Curse/ Explosion/ Sandstorm/ Double edge/ Payback/ Earthquake/ Whatever you want.

This is just a gimmic set really...
    But Aqua tail sorts out anything like ground, rock or fire, even ice.
    Iron Tail sorts out... rock, ice... that's about it... but it's STAB, woo.
    Dragon Tail forces switches, good for use with stealth rock, but it also has a nice 60 base power, so it can be used for those pesky dragons.
    The last move is really your choice, i mean you could go for speed, or up attack and defence, or set up a sandstorm or stealth rocks, or just smash some bootay, with either double edge, explosion or earthquake,. Payback could be used for ghosts and psychic...
    IV's in Attack, Special Defence and finally Hp.
    Mmmmm Steel types...

It seems to me, you lived your life like a Litwick in a Whirlwind, never knowing who to Klink to when the Drizzle set in, and i Sudowoodo like to know you, when I was just an Elekid , but the Litwick burned out long before the legend ever did...

Proud Member of "The Triumvirate"

Credit to Gladeshadow

Quite honestly the funniest thing that i have ever heard:
    Originally Posted by Zibdas
    I thought butter was a type until I was 6. I could've sworn there's a butter type...
    DFTBA

Steelix. A cool pokemon. I remember in Heartgold I traded Jasmine a level 100 igglypuff (Got it in GTS) for here level 100 steelix named Rusty.Anyways back to my set. Steelix is a great lead. A graet physical wall. But he cannot sweep. And Sweeper sets is what i'm best at, here goes my lead set...

The Metal Snake can be Stealthy???
    Careful
    252 sp def/ 252 hp/ 4 atk
    Sturdy
    Leftovers/Chesto Berry
    Stealth Rock
    Explosion
    Earthquake
    Dragon Tail/ Rest/ Iron Tail

A lead pokemon. Stealth Rock to set up and to minimize withdrawing. Especially those flyings that will try to block Earthquake. Earthquake, great base power, great accuracy, and STAB. Explosion for when your in a pickle and just need to kill. The last three attack is a hard choice. Dragon tail is to force changes and hurt with stealth rock. Use Rest with chesto berry for another chance with sturdy. Iron tail is another STAB to hurt pokes that resist earthquake. Leftovers for healing. Evs and nature for tanking because he already has high def.
    It's Brain Never Gets a Chance to Grow? Doesn't matter with it's Powerful Skull.

#409 Rampardos {}--
    OT: Akram-- ID: 21461
    Fossilized in Nacrene City
    Nature: Jolly~Ability: Mold Breaker
    Hidden Power: Dark 70
    Ivs: 31/31/31/23/31/31
    Evs: 4/252/0/0/0/252

You know... Considering the recent release in the Dream World i would put up a vote for an eeveelution (though i am favoring Espeon)

Surprised no one has called a Steelix set 'Solid Snake', as in Metal Gear Solid.
    Would have stealth rock, explosion and hide under a box. That is all.

@ jygeg
    replace iron tail with earthguake
    They say if you press cntrl and W you get to see the programming of a website after making a signature with 3 ws and 8qs
    Fanfics I like that are still in production: Author's Run, Pokémon emerald the better version

This the aquabats song awesome forces:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4sL0w3SHM
    and here is their song shark fighter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wchrctxFo

I NEED A BETA READER!
    Check out my fic.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post14945242

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    There is literally NOTHING Evolite Onix does better than Evolite Rhyhorn besides being a bit faster.
    Are you sure? And don't you mean rhydon?
    Physically Defensive
    Onix
    Impish/252HP/252def/4sp.def
    Eviolite/Sturdy
    -Toxic
    -Curse/Harden
    -Sand Tomb
    -Rest/Protect

With these EVs and nature, it has 274 HP and 690 defense. Then, with curse/harden just once, it moves up to 1,035 defense.

Use sand tomb on a physical attacker, then start boosting. With the enemy trapped, it can't be countered, and will completely wall the enemy. Curse works if you are being careful about Struggle, but Harden keeps it at decent speed. Rest is it's only recover move, and protect stacks on Sand Tomb/Toxic.
    You know... Considering the recent release in the Dream World i would put up a vote for an eeveelution (though i am favoring Espeon)
    There is a random number generator that picks the POTW.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotomknight View Post
    @ jygeg
    replace iron tail with earthguake
    Yeah but it kinda defeats the point of the tail set... i know that earthquake was better... but i just like the idea of him hitting people with his tail...
    Mmmmm Steel types...

It seems to me, you lived your life like a Litwick in a Whirlwind, never knowing who to Klink to when the Drizzle set in, and i Sudowoodo like to know you, when I was just an Elekid , but the Litwick burned out long before the legend ever did...

Proud Member of "The Triumvirate"

Credit to Gladeshadow

Quite honestly the funniest thing that i have ever heard:
    Originally Posted by Zibdas
    I thought butter was a type until I was 6. I could've sworn there's a butter type...
    DFTBA

Remember what I said in the last thread about the eviolite, where 252HP<252def/sp.def? I was just on a different thread, I brought that up, and then jesusfreak94 made the point that people would use 252HP/128def/s.d, and that 252HP+128def/sp.def>252def/s.def...So for onix, we'll want max HP.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Are you sure? And don't you mean rhydon?
    Whops, yes I did mean Rhydon. Rhydon is pretty much everything Onix wishes it could be stat-wise.

Meh, I'll assume this was posted already, but whatevs.

Steelix @ Leftovers / Mental Herb
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
    - Curse
    - Dragon Tail
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

I saw this posted a lot for Onix, but Steelix can do it well enough as well. Maximize defences with the spread, and be a ResTalk phazer. It may be slower than Onix, but it has superior typing. Lefties helps recovery, but if you're worried about being Taunted in your sleep, Mental Herb is always an option.

Most of its other options have been discussed: the 4th Gen Curse sets, Sheer Force elemental fangs sets, etc. And like everyone's said, most of its offensive capabilities are overshadowed by Ferrothorn. However, Sturdy is truly its saving grace, as you can take advantage of that to set up Rocks w/ Mental Herb, or you can phaze a threat comfortably, provided they aren't behind a Sub / flinching you / have a multi-hit move / Mold Breaker-esque abilities.
    Thinking about posting a team in the 5th Gen IGRMT sub-forum? Be sure to read the rules before proceeding. Are you looking to have only one Pokemon rated? Then check out our Single Rate Thread for movesets and help. Thanks!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345